>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint (yes, the ellipses are part of the URL!)
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>Priming With Acrylic Gesso
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Priming_With_Acrylic_Gesso

>Green Stuff Casting
fromthewarp.blogspot.com/2011/11/molding-and-casting-shoulderpads.html
masteroftheforge.com/2012/05/21/rubber-molds-green-stuff/
masteroftheforge.com/2012/07/17/green-stuff-cast-shoulder-pad/

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>Where There's a /wip/, There's a Way!
youtube.ycom/watch?v=Gqvb_n8NZJ8

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

smooth-on.com/product-line/xtc-3d/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

R8 my set up

I had visions of a glorious dawn banner and tried to make one.
Put the first coat down so far, should I keep going or start over?

Guard?

>poorfag/10

What army are you painting user?

Now that I had a few days to sit down, I was able to slap together the 3d-printed terrain I had been working on. I actually needed to cut a new base out for the Path to Enlightenment, since the one I ordered ended up being too small. Luckily the tools and material were cheap, and everything turned out well. The Path to Enlightenment is not a perfect 1-1 representation due to freecad limitations and the limits of my own skill, but it gets the point across. 7"x7" base, and it fits almost perfectly.

So long as the middle bits get cleaned up as you go, I really like the colors so far. Just too much grey in between the colors, but as I've never painted something like this I don't know if that's normal at this point or not.

look to

And finally the Plasma Generator. The acrylic rod in the center looks a lot brighter blue when light is shining directly into it. It was the best I could do since I couldn't find a perfectly teal/turquoise transparent acrylic rod. Not a 1-1 representation once again, but it's clear what it is, at least. I think some of the sizing regarding the base compared to the top may be a bit off, but it looks close enough. I was looking forward to this one most of all. Maybe I'll make another one day, to have two or three. Unlike the other one, I can actually use these as Haemotrope reactors, since the people at the local store look at you funny if you suggest custom rules.

Aside from sanding what else are you using to finish the prints?

Rate my Bullgryn, was the first time ive got eyes done correctly.

All other times i've tried its made them look like they just witnessed their best friend get turned into a cloud of red mist.

We doing r8s now? Fuck my shit up,Veeky Forums

The unlabeled ones are from the basic gw modeling kit.

Needs wash

I tried sanding it, actually. The material is quite tough, and wasn't taking to it well. Low grit sandpaper was just scratching and damaging them, while high grit wasn't having much of an effect at all. I actually got most of the layers out, but some were either too tough or in too small a place to sand down. I don't like some of the layers that got through, but it used to be far worse.

on everything or the armour? because i have done a light wash on the pants with some deeper recess shading

>phoneposter
>tripfag
>unthinned paints

Everything checks out, does it come as a package?

additionally the lighting i have is not very kind, and by not very kind i mean its a computer screen on a white webpage.

Ultramarines/10

If you want the armor to look newer, then only on the skin.

what do you recommend? some light Agrax or reikland over it all, because i have done some deeper reikland shading, but it does not show up well, but its enough to easily define the muscle

You did a good job. I figured you were using some of that filler goop they sell to smooth them out.

Has anyone tried shading Ultramarines/Crimson fists/any blue chapter with Drakenhoff Nightshade or another deep blue, rather than Nuln oil? Want to see how it looks, but I don't want to spend $10 on a shader I'll never use again if it doesn't look good.

Literally what does this even do?

show me that guard with that big ol gun

CRISP

>Do not use the side of my shoulderpad as a step
lol k

thins paint color without ruining the consistancy, because its just paint without pigment

Literally google Lahmian and choose the first result

Filler goop? What is this? I'm still new to getting stuff sent out for 3d printing, so anything that gets rid of those fucking ridges sounds helpful.

its my first ever conversion, done around july of last year, after being in the hobby only like, 4 months. its a heavy stubber off of a stormlord kit since i built it as a baneblade.

made him since the local GW manager runs a loyalty point system and makes custom datasheets for loyalty points.

kinda reminds me of the marines from aliens with those guns on the harness's. i dig it

i originally planned for the squad to be done up in a kinda Starship Troopers colourscheme.So this dude is of course called Rico.

smooth-on.com/product-line/xtc-3d/

I ordered some but don't have it yet so can't vouch for how well it works.

If the person who painted this guy is around, what colors did you use for the armor? I really like this shade of pale earthy green.

In absolute absence of Ogryn Camo, what would be an adeguate alternative for highlight the plague marines?

Scored 40 shootas off ebay, ork army getting nearly done now

GW knew what they were doing. Look at the gun for christ's sake.

I know what must be done.

>DIE DIE DIE

GW ripping blizzard off, the irony.

>Hazard stripes are also on the trim

thats clearly the lawmaker gun from judge dredd. come on guys

Winsor & Newton Series 7 users, do you use the normal or miniature versions?
Which sizes do you use and for what task?

I use Nurgling Green.

I prefer the normal sized versions, size 2 for basecoating, size 1 for literally everything else

Looks like Steel Legion Drab with Agrax Earthshade to me

I'm contemplating calling the number for customer support

Alright thanks.
I'm getting the vibe that a 1,2, and 3 will do pretty much everything I'll need including large model painting. But I think I'd be even fine with just a 1 and 2.
Do you think I'd need anything in particular for T'au models?

is the new GW sculptor a blizzard fanboy or something? all the new primaris shit looks like it was stolen straight from starcraft 2

No it isnt, the golden parts are painted over.

My 7th guard

Another one

What the fuck are these...
Who thought this was ok.

>click pic expecting THICC
>see tallboyz

zog me

pretty good, needs some highlights on the armor and maybe on the most raised parts of the fatigues. Otherwise they're coming along nicely.

tips for putting down gold easily?

let go of your hand slowly and gently place it on your surface of choice

Anybody wanna share their Sylvaneth armies for inspiration?

Thanks lad. Any suggestion for the paints I should use for those highlights ?

For real though

I basecoat any area i'm painting with brown and then work up from that.
Retributor Armour is a decent paint for working on gold apparently, I've never used it so I can't comment

I've not done much but here's my sylvaneth

Ushabti bone for the fatigues, and maybe Eshin grey on the edges of the armor. I use London Grey from the Vallejo paint line for edge highlighting my black, so I don't know if you wanted GW paints or not.

What exactly do you mean by put down?

I apply it like any other paint and it works fine.

Brown? Really?

It's a neutral color that works better than grey with warmer colors.

Most gold paints contain red which works well with brown.

I learned a thing.

Obviously it isnt done yet you double nigger

Damn that's looking good

My friend is giving me pic related, and I'm thinking about converting them into Incubi. Any thoughts?

I'll try that. I use GW stuff because I don't really know other brands. What are the advantages ?

there was no indication of you not being done with that post. All you said was "Crisp"

Also, obviously it's not done, if someone came up to me with this and said it was done I would tell them that they are very wrong, and to get back to work.

price

Like I would go through all that trouble to mask all the stripes out and airbrush everything then just leave the trim all fucked

After getting this guy's box the day it came out I just painted him, and now I want to start an Eldar army just to use him this model is sexy.
The closeup makes the paint look a bit thick but it's better irl, it was done pretty thinly

you're the one who called it Crisp

I meant the hazard stripes

crisp doesnt really indicate a level of doneness

>you can tell from the way I use my walk I'm a woman's man, no time to talk

It also doesn't indicate an implication to move forward. A vague statement on the internet will never bring across your full intentions, so you should always be prepared for people to misinterpret it.

i always marvel at how detailed that mini mini-marine is.

which one?

no one noticed that the 2 shoulder pads are on the same side?

That was on purpose so I could have both hazard stripes and an aquila transfer facing forward

Progress on thunderbolt. Converted missing pieces and put plasticard in for Windows as I'm missing the cockpit. I'm using old fleshwash ink to match the rest of the army, and using grey for the underside. Wondering what kind of insignia and markings to put on it. Sorry for big pic

Kind of flat, needs highlighting but otherwise coming along nicely.

Grey underside needs cleaning up, wash got a little out of control

Still needs details. Previous paintjob refused the simplegreen treatment so I just said fuck it and resprayed in army painter desert yellow

Nice, getting that Afrika Korps vibe

so why make 2 right shoulder pads?

the one in hand. because he would've had to affix it without damaging it.

That's photoshopped in

This is the original image

i've seen both, and my point remains the same

I'm not sure what the scale is but it looks like whoever made it put a lot of effort into it.

Those are some hype sylvs.
How'd you do that bark? Basecoat of black then coral white with some nuln oil?

i still haven't found the original without the radio photo shopped in.

Part of my Tallarn/solar aux force. Glad you like it, been rocking that camo scheme for over a decade

rakarth flesh base, agrax wash and then I use many many coats of P3 Menoth white highlight

Does this help?