/40kg/ Warhammer 40,000 General

I'm impatient for the new thread edition

>daily duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=brBsNBER8Bc

>previous
>GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf(and epub), SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Other megas
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing Abaddon's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t_7Q5gFoI84
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Does anyone else think the Yncarne looks super slaaneshi? The monoboob, the purple color, the horns... If I'd seen this thing before Gathering Storm I'd have figured it was a Slaaneshi Daemon Prince or Chaos Lord.

Can someone help me build a Harlequins list? I'd like to build off of what I have. A guy at my FLGS gave me the Eldar half of the Death Masque box set adding a bunch onto my tiny Eldar collection. Here's what I've got now:

Eldrad
2 Shadowseers
2 Death Jesters
17 Harlequins
2 Skyweavers
1 Voidweaver
1 Wraithlord (should I even use him?)

My friend calculated this out to just over 1000 points, what do I add/replace?

So in FoK if you bring a marine you get extra points.
Yes you can have an entire AdMech army and you bring a single random marine unit you get an extra point.

How is this not forcing marines down the throat to people?

Sometimes I miss 6E.

literally the intent

I suggest you watch the design video with Jes Goodwin about it on the warhammerTV channel. It's like an hour long and pretty neat.

Not to mention the fucking Slaaneshi symbol that appears right on her armor.

really? Where?

Believe that's only for one of the weeks? And if it's not and lasts the whole time, what the fuck ever. Its not like GW was going to ever suddenly change the spotlight and make this all about Catachans or some shit.

The fact that it exist is annoying. Why marines? Why not just a new model?

>Believing Chadmarines will replace all Space Marines

Well the fan fiction lore from BL suggest so.

After looking it up it's not as overt and obvious as I remember it being, but it's on her right leg, on the hip.

>replace
Yes and no.

Lore wise, I think all the marinelets are going to get the primaris upgrade. It wouldn't surprise me at all if we started getting Primaris Characters™ versions of Grimnar, Dante, Calgar, etc.

Games wise, yeah, I think that as GW replaces marines with numarines, they'll start phasing out the old kits next edition.

Wait for the last thread to get 700+replies faggot, you shitheads are splintering the active users among the three (3) open 40kg threads and killing other tg related threads every time you start one prematurely, dont be a desperate fucking meme clown trying to get in your shitty little xenos suck lmao edition tag

>700 posts
Get the fuck out of here. This isn't fucking /v/ 500 or so is fine

lel, needs a shop of a reiver crying

I make around 1/3 to 1/2 new threads and my rule of thumb is page 8 and around 450-500+ posts

link to video.

Why is so based and such a piece of shit?

youtube.com/watch?v=t_7Q5gFoI84

thanks

I'm half sorry but that is a pretty sweet model the joke was just too perfect for this board.

Gonna go build some space clowns, if anybody can help with this while I'm gone that'd be awesome. I'm thinking a Solitaire, a bunch more Skyweavers, and I was toying with getting Yncarne.

It is a shame honestly. You could pretty much still have Rogue Trader marines and they would still fit, but Chadmarines are just so much bigger.

RIP my 4000 points of Templars.

They're still the new hotness, people will change their tune after enough time. Though the new "Terminators" look less imposing then the old-school bulldog Terminators.

Because they want to reward people for buying the brand new flagship launch product of 8th edition that comes with marines?

They don't see this game as having tribal communities around the factions like all you autists. They think people see cool models and go hey, I'd like to have one of those for my collection, paint it up so it looks nice and sit it on my shelf, maybe if I end up with enough of them I'll field an army of them.

They don't understand the perspective of WELL IM *O N L Y* A THOUSAND SONS PLAYER, EVERY OTHER RELEASE IS WORTHLESS FOR ME FOREVER.

And well, frankly, GW has the right idea about this, not the entitled mono-faction players who turn their nose up at diversifying their collections and playing multiple different armies.

My problem is that the old terminators looked stocky which made them look right and proper tanky while the new primaris ones have the proportions of bodybuilders and are less stocky so they don't look as tanky or imposing.

This

6E was the second worst edition over, outdone only by 7E.

When did you even start?

I dunno man, 5E was pretty shit what with every single release being massively power creeped over the last and half the armies not getting anything at all.

I'm still building my chaos army I can't afford a different army.
My chaos army is already two armies as it is, daemons and marines.

6E was just a continuation of that garbage, but with the introduction of super-heavies and flyers to the normal game.

How quickly we all forgot the days of 6 Wave Serpents from the OP 6e Eldar Codex when scatbikes and D-spam took over with the OP 7e Eldar Codex!

Thw core rules were pretty solid, the codexs were absolutely terrible.

After reading I've discovered a fondness for Black Legion and want to build a CSM army. Nobody else in my gaming group plays Chaos at all so it will be a good change. But it also means I have zero actual gameplay exposure to them so I'm looking for advice on what units, if any, are "must have" in 8th and which seem to really miss the mark.

I know the Codex is close but I don't foresee any significant changes from the Index just more options strategems etc.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Yeah, how dare people only collect what they like, they should buy everything and those that don't should be shunned from out community!

You are a massive twat by the way

There are two easy solutions to this.

Ask your local GW manager of Chaos Space Marines count as Space Marines for the bonus campaign points.

Otherwise, buy Dark Vengeance or Dark Imperium, both of which come with Chaos and Loyalist models, and present your painted units from that set for the bonus points. Sell them or trade them for more Chaos later, or keep them so you have a small side army to lend to friends when you introduce them to the game and teach them how to play.

Why marines thou? Why not just bring another faction?
Are you some kind of abused housewife?

Because the Marine Codex just came out. You seem upset.

marinelets are going to get SoBed.

I am waiting for the Codex before I purchase anything. That being said, right now Terminators, berzerkers and Thousands sons are all good.

Because marines are the most bland, easily marketable, and popular faction.

aggressors just look like a waddling pile of guns

Well marinelets are getting a new unit in the codex, lieutenants. And redemptor dreads don't have the primaris keyword.

Let's say I play Chaos or hell any non Imperium army.
I'm immediately at disadvantaged because I simply can't bring a random marine to either of those armies.

Hell even if I play Imperium super friends they are basically giving a bonus to bring a random marine.

Is this /tabletop standard/?

Aside from waiting for paint to dry this guy took me all of ten minutes, truly just basecoats/washes/few highlights. Should I do more or is this sufficient for a speedpaint soldier?

also is a squad of these dudes with two snipers actually worth it or nah?

QFT

I play both Eldar and Daemons and hated both for different reasons.

Eldar because I couldn't show up for a pug without looking like the cheesiest fucker on the block and Daemons because rng warpstorm random character loadouts monobuild 2013 was boring.

Actually really liked what they did with the 6E eldar book though. If it wasn't op as fuck it was really well done.

Also fuck knights titans and superheavies in general. Leave that shit in apocalypse where it belongs.

>popular
>shoved into everything
>add random bonus for having them
Yah... I'm starting to doubt it now.

you've already done more than the average 40k player so i'd say yes.

I don't want a space marine army, I'm helping destroy Konor btw and already have plans to get points for 5 of the 6 weeks.

Coat needs more but besides that for table top quality it is fine.

finally someone who understands

They wouldn't push them so hard if they weren't popular

Not him, but this is annoying as fuck.

Guess I'll just shove the cheapest marine unit into the army and call it a day.
Because fuck this random bonus just because you have a faction.

Think I'll grab one from the dog, because this bloody thing are so common and bland that even dogs have them by now.

Are these fellas going to be any good?

My friend says they will still get one shot by Autocannons, which IG has too many of, and the only vehicle that can take them is the Repulsor that costs as much as a Land Raider.

Are flamers better to take than the boltstorm and fragstorm combo? I'm still not entirely sure about flamers in general this edition when the range is so limited. Especially with the Aggessors getting to shoot twice if they dont move. Wouldn't 6+d6 shots at BS3+ with a range of 18" be better than 2d6 automatic hits at only 8"?

I don't know, flamers just don't seem as useful to me.

they look like someone got a centurion, looked at marauders/firebats from starcraft and said "hmmm, how do I combine these and make them look worse?"

That is not how it works, you push something you want to turn popular. Popular things do not need this level of hand holding

Looks great, easily enough for table top.

I will outright target these first in any army just o stop looking at them if I ever go up against someone running them

Just field Terminators

I don't understand how this is any different from the rest of the weeks where armies are rewarded for bringing specific things.

Week 3 or 4 is Tanks. So Tyranids literally have no options.

Week 6 is Lord of War. Again, no Tyranid option. But I haven't seen any Tyranid players specifically complaining about this.

It's just a fun campaign. Bring what you have and enjoy your games. Let the marine players get some extra points, it will balance out the points they lose from having many brand new inexperienced players in their faction losing games and giving wins to the other side.

>Are these fellas going to be any good?

Mathhammer says they're going to be mediocre, but mathhammer doesn't factor in the amount of luck a player has. Some days they might be great, others they might be trash.

>They'll be ones shot by autocannons
They probably will

>Are flamers better to take?
YMMV

think bolter drill will be good on these guys?

Newfag here

How often do they release box sets?

to me it looks like the default aggressors are the best version. they already shred infantry and the flamer would do the same thing with a shittier range.

Once in a while, but since it's a new edition, I'm sure they'll release a few more.

week 3 is vehicle but your point stands.
But week 6 is also terrain, you can bring Lord of War or a piece of terrain.
Not that you can field the terrain in your army but you can still get points for painting it.

Random advantage are not ok.

>No more looted wagons

>call someone a massive twat
>be a massive twat yourself by quoting him as saying things he never said or implied

you're a massive fucking subhuman faggot

Neato. The cloak is kinda difficult cause aside from highlights they shade really weird, there's few deep recesses built into the model, just slow curves that look good but are awkward to shade. But at least it's one hell of a sexy model no matter how well/poorly painted

But if they're selling like hotcakes then you'll want to keep producing more because there's obviously a demand for them. I mean, Space Marines are probably one of the most popular factions, if not the most popular. This is a very commonly known thing within the community. Besides, GW has a hard on for them so they like to produce them. Not to mention they are bland and easily marketable, like I said so they can push it for the newbies who don't want to step out of their comfort zone. From a cynical corporate business standpoint it makes sense. GW is a pretty unreliable company so I wouldn't hold out hope of releasing new stuff for most of their factions as much as that sucks.

My problem with aggressors is to get full use out of them they need to be in a repulsor but when they disembark they've moved so they don't shoot twice.

>one gun on each arm
>sometimes one rocket pack on the back
>that's it, that's all of them
>somehow looks like a "pile of guns"

Really not seeing why Aggressors get so much hate. And I say this as someone who hates the Inceptor jet pack guys, and has hated them since day 1 when Dark Imperium was spoiled. The Aggressors look fine. Anyone comparing them to Centurions is doing a major disservice. Aggressors are like a 6/10 at worst, Centurions are a 3/10 at best.

So how do they usually release minis, then? Just separately by themselves, or a few at a time?

How often?

Yep they are pulling an 80's Campbell soup mistake. But oh well it'll be a fun ride while it last

Are normal terminators still good in melee? I want to run Salamanders probably, and I like that the Aggessors have powerfists and flamers, seems like a nice unit to run up into people, even if I question the usefulness of flamers.

Does a target have to be within the range of a gun to use it in overwatch? Since they are running at you and everything. Or do I only get to overwatch with flamers if the target is 8" or closer?
Also can grenades ever be used as overwatch? Random question.

Assault termies seem a bit limited by the fact that they can only move 5 inches. Seem very easy to run away from. But dropping shooty terminators 9" away from enemies seems like a neat thing to be able to pull off. Even if that's still too far away to use flamers after deep striking.

i feel like they were intended to sit in cover blasting infantry that try to secure an objective.

>No more 'Ard Boyz

they generally release them as a box containing one squad of dudes.

Okay, but their bolt weapons only shoot 18 inches. And they want to hit things with power fists I imagine.

>get a bunch of Volkite for HH terror squads
>8th happens
>FW literally kills the game by staying with the worst rules in history
>stuck with like 40 Volkite charger

Well. What the fuck do I do with them? Should I use them as fancy plasma guns?

With the Codex, they always make new boxes when they update an army.

It seems like your issue is that you're way too emotionally invested in Chaos winning this campaign.

Let me rip that band-aid off right now and tell you that even if GW didn't rig it, it was never ever going to happen anyways.

The bonus points don't matter.

I appreciate you defending me, but I think we should all just tone down the hostility just one notch.

Pretty much.

It's more in the way the guns are mounted, they stand out too much and make it look like there wasn't any thought put into how they were mounted, just kind of slapped on.

So we can expect some new Blood Angels minis with the release of their codex in November?

Hype.

I do understand that, at first they look a little too haphazard on the wrists, but apparently they retract into the mountings during close combat and there are actually bits on there to model them that way. They might have had more thought put into them than you would think at first.

It's more like 1200 and change depending on how you kit everyone out.

It seems to me like you need more bodies. The mass of your army is 17 clowns, which just about anyone can chew through in a turn or two if they're dedicated.

More clowns would be a good choice. They're fairly durable with a 4++, but they cost 21ppm if you give them swords. Without swords though they're just ok. 4 S3 attacks isn't stellar. But with the seers behind them your clowns are as durable as marines and way quicker. Definitely get more of them.

If you want to run craftworlds with them guardians are a good spammable unit. Wave serpents are also great.

Also. Get your ass a Solitaire.
What you could also do is buy a starweaver, and fill it with 5 fully kitted players and a solitaire. 30 S5 attacks ain't no joke.

Ynarri are pretty meh with quins. Losing Rising Crecendo and phantasmancy powers isn't worth it. Being able to advance and charge makes everyone's threat range huge.

Watch it be a total bait and switch with Primaris Marines with Blood Angels bits for extra dosh.

I play Imperium super friend. I'll get every single advantage by just showing up.
That is just out right unfair for the rest of the people playing

yeah, but that doesn't change the fact that they protrude off the sides and clutter the profile. I think that if they were mounted flat against the side of the fist and closer in they'd look less haphazardly mounted.

That's how it was in the past, yes, but it won't always be the case this edition because they are accelerating the Codex release cycle by a lot compared to the old ways of doing things. There will be a number of releases that have only a new Codex and no new models at all.

For example, Chaos Space Marines and Grey Knights who are up next, will likely have no new models or at best 1 or 2 kits or characters. I expect the Plague Marines for Death Guard to release with the CSM since they can be taken as Elites in that book. GK might get nothing.

They might just release more generic Primaris stuff.

okay but their bolt weapons only shoot 18" inches

They can hit a mid field objective turn 1 without moving with proper deployment

>And they want to hit things with power fists I imagine.

Its more a deterrent than anything but they can wreck a vehicle that gets too close pretty easily.

They're very cheap for what they do and are the most points efficient way of getting bolter shots on the field in the game currently.

As a chaos player I know they'll cheat us out of the win.
But damn it I intend to bring as many points for chaos as I can and I've convinced Xeno players to help Chaos.
Thankfully Konor isn't too important to any xeno players and any loss suffered there will affect smurfs, and nobody likes smurfs.

Not that user, but I'm on the fence. One part of me wants to see a Primaris Mephiston and/or Dante, but another part of me wants them to stay the same but with different sculpts.

I would totally be ok with Primaris Deathwing Knights in the future

Different sculpts without different rules don't get enough sales for GW to do it.