media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UAGreyhawkInitiative.pdf

>5etools:
astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>/5eg/ Alternate Trove:
dnd.rem.uz/5e D&D Books/

>Resources Pastebin:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Previously, on /5eg/:
What's the craziest thing you've seen a Barbarian PC do?

Hard mode: what's the craziest thing you've seen a Barbarian PC do that ended up working in their favor?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_28i2ivt9no#t=3m44
1d4chan.org/wiki/Erythnul
youtube.com/watch?v=JpEnVSH5XXg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Asking again because ded thred

I am leading a 6 man squad, not including myself, of an extremely zealous religious order in a human nation. The order is mostly magic based and I am chosen to lead this squad of regular fighters for political reasons. Other players are in the same nation (or elves in the woods), but in a regular army, not a religious one.

Anyways, what should I make my 6 squad members? It can be any mix of magic and regular classes.
3 paladins, 1 cleric, 1 ranger, and 1 wizard are what I had initially though but it seems dumb.

Is grappling an enemy, jumping 40 feet into the air, throwing them down, and then grappling them again before they can get up from prone, all while taking no damage due to Slow Fall, the one true man's romance?

What does "Recharge" mean in the Tome of Beasts entries? Not seeing any mention of it in their other books.

Notice how everything related to reasoning and knowledge is INT, not WIS

I think it follows the same rules ad the Monster Manual. At the start of the turn roll a D6 and if the recharge number appears then the creature can reuse it's action.

6 Divination Wizards that constantly argue about who's right regarding the future.

Keep this autism in the old thread

no

Fuck I feel retarded, didn't even notice those in the MM yet. Thank you.

Don't bother trying to reason this guy out of his opinion when he didn't use reason to get into it.

How?

No. Uppercutting an enemy into the air, leaping after him, and using your Flurry of Blows, Action Surge, and Extra Attack to repeatedly Open Palm shove him 15 upwards while tacking on an extra 15 feet with Battlemaster's Pushing Attack is a true man's romance.
youtube.com/watch?v=_28i2ivt9no#t=3m44
That's 120 feet at level 8 if you Stunning Blow him, too.

Is there anything about Demon and Devil interactions? I'm assuming they don't get along but would it be too much of a stretch to say a few skilled Devils would manipulate and use Demons for an invasion on the material plane?
Devils are cunning and are good at making deals while Demons seem to be more brutish and care more for destruction. What are your opinions on this?

Hey /5eg/ does any one have a good current 5e diety thats about equal to Erythnul?

1d4chan.org/wiki/Erythnul

Demons and Devils hate each other. If you're running something in the default 5E setting, Forgotten Realms, they've been warring with each other since time immemorial. Devils could certainly manipulate Demons into doing something shitty in the PM, but the Demon Lords would generally spot that coming a mile away, and the Devils would be wary of anything that could possibly improve the Demons' power.

Fiends, the Chaotic Neutral group that tends to end in -loth, are the mercenaries of the Lower Planes. Both sides would much rather hire those guys to make a mess in the PM than risk using each other as pawns.

Sounds impossible. How do you have enough movement and jump distance topull it off? Allso, with Action Surge, Extra Attack, and Flurry of Blows, you're hitting with 6 attacks. If each attack pushes 15 feet, that's only 90 feet total.

>What's the craziest thing you've seen a Barbarian PC do?

It wasn't in 5e, but we were on an airship, with two dragons flying towards us. This was pretty high levels, obviously, but the Barbarian opted to wait until they got close, and do a leaping charge at the closest one.

He managed to kill it in one turn, sending it hurtling towards the ground. But not before he landed on it, ran up the length of its body to vault off its tail, and land another attack as he jumped onto the other one.

You can use Greyhawk deities if you want. But if by "current" you mean "Forgotten Realms":
Bane is the god of hatred, rule by fear, and general tyranny.
Garagos is the god of wanton slaughter and fightin' for fightin's sake.
Gruumsh is the primary Orc deity and god of wreck everyone's shit.
Urdlen is a gnome deity, but he also wants his followers to KILL EVERY LIVING THING (and then themselves).

I was at a roleplay tourney one time and saw one of the most autistic person I have ever seen go full murderhobo on everyone.

He was playing a bloodthirsty barbarian and just kept raping and pillaging. Threw like 9 axes into one guy...

It got so out of hand that people tried to flee from him on a boat. So he walks up to it then asks the DM if he can break the ship. DM asks for a strength check and he just punches a goddamn hole into the hull of the ship, sinking it in the process. I thought it may have been fudged a bit by the DM since the autismo Barb had been kissing the DMs ass all night with sodas and treats.

It finally got down to two players between the Barb and some chick playing a necromancer. He straight up bored holes through her with some bullshit homebrew eye laser shit. Then the see how pissed the girl and is and runs out screaming after being declared the winner of the game. Shit was so fucked.

Use the jump spell to triple your jump height, then use step of the wind to double it, then stack movement speed bonuses like longstrider and the monk's unarmored movement.

Thanks, I wasn't too sure on how that exactly worked. This will add a great element to my campaign

Open Palm and Pushing Attack each move 15 feet. You can apply the Pushing Attack maneuver to any hit you land, even if you're also Open Palm shoving. You've got 5 ki and 4 superiority die, so if you spend one ki for Step of the Wind or Stunning Strike, you've got eight instances of +15 over four attacks.

As for jumping after them, you burst them all at once. Or grapple them and ignore the part that says forced movement of a grappled target breaks the grapple (since you're the grappler and the mover). Or stand on their stomach while swinging your foot between their legs and booting them in the ass each time. Or don't worry about that shit at all, because it's cool as fuck to knock a guy 120 feet into the air and watch him drop.

I'm starting a new campaign with my group soon and can't decide between loremaster wizard or divination wizard.

I'm leaning loremaster but my last character was a bladesinger wizard which ended up with 34ac and I think my DM is leery of letting me play another UA wizard sub-class.

How do you jump 40 feet in the air?

Maybe you could stop being a little shit for a change and not play busted memes whose only purpose is to piss off the DM.

What would be two good skill proficiencies for a Minion background? A goblin or thug in service of a BBEG.

I'm considering Stealth, Survival, Deception, Investigation, Intimidation, and Perception, but I don't now which two are best.

Fuck you.

>loremaster
do you just hate challenge or something? once our DM was told what it does he put a big NO stamp on it, as I would have if I was DM

>roleplay tourney
wtf are you on about?

do any of you know the story posted here several months back about the tiefling paladin or knight whose group was questing for a goblet in a forest? It's a serious feel trip, with like three separate locations in the forest. Out of all the tragic questing to find this goblet and three parts to some spell, she's the only one that makes it out alive, and it wasn't even worth the reward. She ends up getting a nickname from the townsfolk, and its the name the campaign was called when it was being told.
I can't for the life of me remember it and I wanna share it with some friends

Also, Athletics checks or simply not caring because oh shit a 40 foot high jump, truly this breaks the fucking game, can't let supermystical Monks or any other martial do something physically impressive in this roleplaying adventure of fucking fantasy superheroes.

you have 4 superiority die, and you can only use the pushing palm on Flurry of Blows attacks. If you're using Step of the Wind for jump height, you can't Flurry too, you're only hitting them for 4 attacks at 15 movement each so you can only push them up 60 feet.

Literally anything because you can swap the skill proficiencies of any background to whatever the fuck you want.

A roleplay tournament where anything goes and the last man or woman standing wins.

To be fair, I might allow something like that and give the rest of my players some broken abilities n shit as a high power game.

60 feet is still high enough to kill or severely disable someone

>only 90 feet
well shit i guess there's no point anymore

>Bane is the god of hatred, rule by fear, and general tyranny.

What could the deific stature of such a god possibly be?

>Hi I like playing bladesinger wizards that stack AC, loremasters and divination wizards
Have you considered getting rid of yourself so we don't have to inhabit the same world as you?

Why let your Monk do anything when you could Wall of Force-bottle an enemy and pour boiling oil out of your gaping asshole all over him?

My DM wants to implement a system in which character can learn new custom abilities, essentially new spells that aren't on the spell list, entirely up to DM fiat and the player earning the ability.

He also said that these abilities are all going to use INT as the casting stat.

Am I wrong to think that this is basically only a buff to wizards and a waste of time on everyone else?

We're gonna be starting with one uncommon magical item this thing, starting at level 5. Should I go for something obvious like the +1 weapon/fancy armor or something, or something more just flavorful? VHuman Fighter, melee but DEX-based, rolled some ungodly strong stats.

Guy Who Gets Blown The Fuck Out And Killed Repeatedly, according to canon.

Jump Height is unaffected by movement speed

So a tournament without rules? That sounds like the most retarded thing ever

You also have to get yourself 45 feet into the air to hit them with the 4th attack, correct? in order for that to work you have to have Jump spell, Step of the Wind, and 20 STR.

I'm 100% sure you need movement speed to make a long jump, and with that I'm mostly sure you also need movement speed to jump upwards, because jumping upwards is just up instead of across.

He forgot the part where the guy playing the barbarian ripped off his shirt and kool-aid man'd through a wall after it was over.

But you do need movement speed to make use of that height. It's why the Champion's Remarkable Athlete and the Thief's Second Story Work can potentially do nothing.
But it's all pointless because
>Athletics check

>a bladesinger wizard which ended up with 34ac
First off, how?
Second, Bladesinger isn't UA

With +3 armour, dual wielder feat, 20 int, 20 dex, warding bond cast on you, haste cast on you, shield of faith cast on you you can reach 36 AC.

But if the DM lets that happen it's entirely their own fault, because hot fucking damn.

Bladesinger is still a shit design.

>My DM wants to implement a system in which character can learn new custom abilities, essentially new spells that aren't on the spell list, entirely up to DM fiat and the player earning the ability.
So literally homebrew? We have a word for that, ya know

>playing low WIS high INT character
>end up on a tropical island with party
>coconuts everywhere
>fur+milk=mammals
>tame the coconuts and begin a breeding program

This. I mean, I'm seeing 20 Int, 20 Dex, Mage Armor, a shield, shield spell, plus some magic items

>>tame the coconuts and begin a breeding program

Samefag here. Can I can an answer to whether or not taking dirty money and giving it to a church violates an oath of devotion? The paladin player is jumping ship from the campaign and the dm needs a way to change the story since he was the main character

I'd think a high int low wis character would realize that's stupid, but instead make magical coconut-fur constructs and they consider trying to replicate artificial intelligence only to make the fur-coconut creatures hate everyone and smash everything because they weren't quite intelligent enough to perfect it and not wise enough to know giving artificial intelligence is not a wise idea.

>hit a guy
>knock him back 30 feet
>have to cover 30 feet to hit him again
>can attack six times in a round, or once every second
>he's covering 30 feet per second each time you punch him
>this enormous acceleration isn't doing any extra damage
>he also loses 100% of his momentum between your attacks
>and is suspended in the air until his turn rolls around again
Physically speaking, it makes more sense that each hit isn't instantaneously knocking the enemy far away, but that he's being forced backwards over a long period of time or stumbling much of the distance. Attacking as quickly as you are, you shouldn't have to cover the full distance of his final movement (less the movement of your last him) to connect each strike.

So clearly, it must work like
youtube.com/watch?v=JpEnVSH5XXg

Sounds like you need to employ the random roll character creation option and skillfully roll 18 INT for your barbarian.

hINT lWIS is the autistic kid who builds groundbreaking software

hWis lINT is an elderly black grandmother

12 Base AC (light armour)
+5 for Dex
+5 for Int
+3 magic armour
+3 defenders shortsword
+1 cloak of protection
+5 shield spell (does take reaction)

34 ac

I think I will go loremaster after all.

Sounds like a much needed buff to eldritch knights and arcane tricksters

Under no circumstances would a high Int character consider the coconut to be a mammal capable of breeding

stop

Your DM was retarded enough to pass out all that AC bumping magic items

>+3 magic armour
>+3 defenders shortsword
>+1 cloak of protection
Your DM brought this on himself.

Sounds more to me like it might make Int a non-dumpstat for other classes, though it also has the potential to get way out of hand.

You are right. He is simply building the groundwork to buff strong classes. Escape now

That's his reasoning but I don't see it.

>be bard
>get one good ability that scales from INT
>reach ASI level
>can increase CHA to make all my bard spells better or be super MAD and increase INT for this one spell

vs

>be wizard
>get new ability that scales with my main casting stat
>reach ASI level
>grab INT

>knows some common characteristics shared by mammals
>isn't perceptive enough to realize that those sole characteristics aren't enough to make something a mammal
I'm not seeing a problem here.

Be aggressive, b e aggressive

>isn't INTELLIGENT enough to realize that those sole characteristics aren't enough to make something a mammal

>I was at a roleplay tourney

guaranteedreplies.png

Don't worry user, I for one appreciate that hot babycakes reference

He actually gave them to other players. I traded for them/was given them when they found better gear or changed their play style.

Technically it could go higher with Haste but there were better ways to spend concentration.

Nothing beats sharp hanging into a pit fiend with 30ac.

Why did Wizards nerf Casters so much? Was it because of Martial whining?

They actually buffed casters a ton compared to the last edition.

Low Int High Wis "Hey, there's some weird things here with hair that produce milk"
Low Wis High Int "I don't notice anything."
Low Int High Wis "I think they're birds"
Low Wis High Int "Sounds like a mammal"

I have only been able to get into DnD recently, so I've only started lurking these threads recently as well.
What's the deal with Divination Wizards? I don't play one or have one in my party, but I've seen a few posts shitting on them and I'm curious as to why.

>still the most powerful classes
???????????????????????????

I don't think people shit on them. I think they're considered fairly strong because they get free spells

It's not usually a problem with Divination Wizards themselves, it's just that the Portent ability tends to frustrate DMs/attract "That Guy" players

Portent, slightly different version of one of the best all around feats.

Hey. I plan on DMing my first game soon, and I find that knowing all of the combat well is tough. Does anyone have a good cheat sheat?

Fuck it, I am going with with
1 paladin
1 wizard
4 clerics

I prefer the horizontal version

2 Clerics, 1 Sorcerer, 1 fighter, 1 paladin, and one Valor Bard

This one is also good

Three Battlemasters and three Warlocks.
Pushing Attack (javelins/bows) and Repelling Blast all day.

>Giving magic items designed for a particular character and not expecting people to be smart with it and create an ultra-high AC monster

DMs really need to be less reckless with magic items.

So how do you guys go about designing traps and puzzles for dungeons?

anyone has the dawnforgedcast homebrew stuff or the critter compendium?

Or just let them have good magic items and have fun. He had 34 AC, who cares? Force him to make a CON save and he's toast

I'm playing with a group of mostly new players tomorrow.
>A cleric of a god of death who is really into the game
>A druid who's played a few times and wants to play a long campaign
>A dwarf warlock who has no idea what to expect
>A half-orc fighter who is going to try to harmon quest

I'm not going to pull punches on retardation so the Horc will likely die pretty quick. Maybe he'll make a serious character after he realizes the game isn't going to be a meme.

Do you guys have any advice? I've been DMing for the same group for a few years (pic related is my party drawn by an user), but this is my first experience with new players. I'm not sure how to handle first timers.

>c'mon sempai, I'm not wearing this for protection, just notice my juicy butt and grab a handful
>I wonder if the elf is gay
>my my, the human sure is nice
>why do I hang with these fagots

Why are elves so sexual?