Warhammer Fantasy General - /wfg/

"fine *I'll* make the thread" edition.

> Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
WFRP: pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
Novels: mega.nz/#F!9Lw1WIRZ!eKxkOlAQwuZO3_8pHOK-EQ

> We're looking for these novels for the archive
pastebin.com/TSQhemJR

> Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/13-the-9th-age
Tomb Kings Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/
Bretonnia Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

> The 9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

> Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (most complete)
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

> Warhammer Video Games
Total War Warhammer: store.steampowered.com/app/364360/
Vermintide: store.steampowered.com/app/235540/
Mordheim City of the Damned: store.steampowered.com/app/276810/
Bloodbowl 2: store.steampowered.com/app/236690/
Man O' War: store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
Return of Reckoning: returnofreckoning.com/
Snotling Fling: itunes.apple.com/us/app/warhammer-snotling-fling/id901638145?mt=8

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q8jFCMB-eHU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horned_Serpent
en.wikipedia.org
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calusa/wiki/Indigenous_peoples_of_the_Pacific_Northwest_Coast
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southeastern_Ceremonial_Complex
youtu.be/wPLP8B5G3-I
retailgazette.co.uk/blog/2017/07/games-workshop-sales-profit-skyrocket/
kickstarter.com/projects/2139148164/going-native-from-out-of-the-mists
kickstarter.com/projects/2139148164/going-native-from-out-of-the-mists/posts/1912497
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for Clan Skryre

Has anyone played shadow of the demon lord? How does it compare to WFRP? Is it more like 1e or 2e? Good for DnD babbies that want to get into something more warhammer-like?

I've heard it's good for one shots

Bump for a Chaos Dwarf playing stream powered percussion in a Chaos All Stars hair metal band.

How would cartoons of mickey mouse, bugs bunny etc be seen in the old world and the new one?
Would they be a dark chaos cult to join the beastmen, or would they be just cute stories to tell children?

Pic unrelated.

>Hair Metal
>Chaos
>Not Druchii

>when you can't tell if it's a blood cult worshiping a god of murder or some very organized fans of the band

I don't really know, but i heard it's highly lethal. D&D babbies will probably have to make more than one PC

>Chaos Dwarf on Steam Drums
>Witch Elf on lead vocals
>Clan Skyre Ratman on Warp-guitar
>Tomb Prince playing his ribs like a keyboard
>Tzeentchian Sorcerer on sound and light

Bloodbowl RPG is the best.

Do you think it's possible to still find some grail knights somewhere? I bet some GW fuck still have them in the back of their stores.

I want to buy a box for old time's sake

Why does GeeDubya hate france

They are britbongs.

So is 9th age dead? Last I checked they came up with rules but got so far up their own ass if you weren't on the dev team they told you to fuck off with your opinions, and all the talk of replacing the fluff never went anywhere.

Wasn't Prince Ograx the Great from the south pole?

Yes, he was a true beastman ( a type of Beastmen that has no human blood in him. That spawn of daemons and animals breeding).

reckon they hate Australia more

do they?

Not going to lie, that sounds pretty fanfic-tier.

If you had to add one original army to Warhammer Fantasy, what would it be?

Space Marines

Cathay probably. The east is so devoid of solid content.

Avians.

>Be me
>A prince from Uthuan
>One of the most skilled warriors in the world
>Be ready to burn the greenskin abominaion with the dragon
>See a pathetic little goblin covering in fear
>See him fly into the dragons mouth while he was preparing to burn the filthy orc warlord
>The dragons is choking on the goblin
>Warlord is chargind at me while I try to control the dragon
>Warlord is now clobbering me to death
>tfw you are killed because of a barely sentient choking hazard

Mechanical menagerie/circus, based on those pencil concept arts and this artwork.

A monstrous army with a bunch of random explosions and malfunctions like Skaven.

Would cover clockwork/steampunk aesthetic, as well as give Tilea a presence.

I still have half-finished homebrew for it lying around on my hard drive.

Is this how circus looks like in warhammer?

obviously

100% original? As in not referenced in the game already?
It's hard to fit something like that into the setting without it seeming out of place.

Something Native American inspired in Naggaroth might be fun. But preferably not cliche.
Have them worship some kind of dark sea god. Sharks and Kraken. Mutations like the Flying Dutchman crew in PotC.
There's a lot of fucked-up mythological stuff to borrow from.

New Norsca models in action:
youtube.com/watch?v=q8jFCMB-eHU

>tfw when gotta conquer and raze Norsca ASAP before the fucking update gives them normal units

Normal beastmen as they get favor and power from the gods become more bestial and monstrous.

True beastmen instead become more human and handsome. These beastmen are neat.

is that how warhammer humans were first made, before Old Ones uplifted them?

Source?

>them werewolves
HNNGH
Chosen of Ulric (Lances and Barding)
when?

Archaon Lord of Chaos.

Why is GW so fond of taking good characters and making them shit?

>Mannfred
>originally a cool character, calm and calculating counterpart to Konrad, with prodigious necromantic powers earned by hard work and study, and looking like a classy vampire
>nowadays is an ugly-ass jerk with daddy issues and a ton of dumb moments, who's hardly a magnificent bastard anymore, and is more of a bully

>archaon
>apparently initially supposed to be an unstoppable force of destruction, somewhat akin to how Sauron is perceived in LotR, faceless and ominous
>ends up being basically an overpowered emo mary sue with lame-ass story

>Bella'kor
>supposed to be a sinister and ominous supernatural schemer
>ends up being a joke version of lucifer

And I'm not even talking about ET, that was horrible.
Seriously, do they hate good writing?

I dunno. Archaon now is pretty relatable and believable as a character. I feel sorry for him. I understand his pain. He isn't some faceless monster. He is just a man like you and I but lost in the darkness. Hopeless and abandoned by the godly father figure that he cherished and looked up to all his life.

As for Be'lakor and Mannfred. They are hilarious and awesome in their villainy. It's always a joy to see how their smugness and arrogance continues to get them into trouble and derail their plans, and their acts of pettiness and spite are now LEGEND.

>not hating France
What are you some kind of francophile?

Evil overlords are not supposed to be relatable. they are supposed to be as a force of nature.
And that whiny crap they made him to be is just annoying. They didn't write a tragic villain, they wrote a joke.

We have Thankuol for that, and that's enough. WHFB is not a comic setting, so comedy should be contained to greenskins, dwarfs and skaven - designated comic reliefs.

Dwarves aren't anymore a "designated comic relief" race than elves, you have a strange way at looking at Warhammer.

>alcoholics
>grudges
>naked dwarfs with orange mohawks
yeah, totally not comic relief at all

Quick rundown on the chaos dwarfs

>High Elves Bow to Chaos Dwarfs
>In contact with Old Ones
>Rumored to possess warp like abilities
>Control the dark lands with an iron fist
>Own ziggurats and dark factories all over the world
>Direct descendants of the ancient Hashut bloodline
>Will bankroll the first cities on Morrslieb (Hashutdangrad will be the first city)
>In the process of terraforming Mannslieb as their personal moon city
>Own basically every Orc DNA editing research facility in the Old World
>First designer babies will be Bull-Centaur babies
>Every dwarf is said to have 400+ IQ
>Ancient Nehekarhan scriptures tell of a race of demi-gods who will descend upon the Old World and will bring an era of enlightenment and unprecedented technological progress with them
>These are the Chaos Dwarfs
>They have Zhaggbot R&D labs around the world
>You likely have Zhagdabots inside you right now
>Every child has the mark of Hashut implanted in them at birth
>The Chaos Dwarfs are in regular communication with the Chaos god Hashut, forwarding the word of the Bull god to the Zharr-Naggrund temples
>Discovered the Sword of Khaine
>They learned fluent Brettonian in under a week
>Caledor Dragontamer allows them full access to Ulthuan
>Dwarf clans entrust their Gromril reserves with the Chaos Dwarfs. There is no gromril in Karak-a-Karak, only Zharr-Naggrund
>The race is 67000 years old, from the space time reference point of the base elf
>In reality, they are timeless beings existing at all points of time, from the arrival of the old ones to the end times
>They have been able to access the chaos record since birth, and have spoken about what they saw while they were newborns
>The chaos dwarfs will guide the old world into a new age of chaos, technology and Hobgoblins

>Evil overlords are not supposed to be relatable.

Darth Vader. Your post is invalid. Also many other villains with tragic backstories.

>We have Thankuol for that, and that's enough. WHFB is not a comic setting, so comedy should be contained to greenskins, dwarfs and skaven - designated comic reliefs.

These are Looney tunes tier of funny. Be'lakor and Mannfred are "IT WAS ME, DIO" tier of hilarity.

They're part comic relief and part seriousness depends on the writer, and the story.

Everything is kind of funny/kinda serious in Warhammer.

Like, the story in the OP. Consider the amount of resources and time that go into producing a priceless unit like an Elven Prince on a fucking Star Dragon, only for him to get American History X'd by Orcs because his dragon sucked up a sentient pushpin.

Hilarious! But also kinda sad. Funny on the surface, but then you realize the implications. Kind of like Judge Dredd, I guess.

how the fuck is Darth Vadar remotely relatable

I can relate to his dislike of sand.

>These are Looney tunes tier of funny. Be'lakor and Mannfred are "IT WAS ME, DIO" tier of hilarity.
Compared to rather serious tone of the rest of the setting, the difference is immaterial.

My, bad, shouldn't have said evil overlord. Evil incarnate would've been better.

Its a story from O&G book, so obviously its a comical one.
And it ain't sad or anything, its just black humour. Black humour ain't sad.

I don't see much humour in High Elves-Dark Elves conflict or Empire defending against Chaos. Sure, some slapstick author may write a joke book or two, but main tone is serious one. Dwarfs, on the other side, are mainly comedy, with some authors trying to give them some serious depth from time to time.

>WHFB is not a comic setting
Well desu is not even a setting anymore

no, its not a story anymore, but its a setting, as setting is static by definition, and WHFB is static forevermore

>There is a literal nurgle chosen on /twg/ right now.

Give them wendigos.

found the Tomb King

>Evil incarnate would've been better.

Archaon is not evil incarnate. Be'lakor is EVUL incarnate.

The blackness of of Archaon's soul and his desire to render everything to nothingness might horrify daemons but the good side of him lives on and it rages and weeps at the evil he is forced to do.

Archaon didn't kill the world for his own sick pleasure. He killed it because he believed he was doing it a kindness. Mercy killing the world ending all all the suffering and hypocrisy. Joping that the next world will be stronger and purer. A world where what happened to him will never be.

No. New ed out soon, previews now.

Kobolds. Mixed with Halflings.

That would've actually made for a great additional force with the added benefit of making Naggaroth less homogenous and boring.

A fusion of Great Plains indians and Lovecraft would make for a really interesting and original basis for such a people.

>Wasting fire breath on one Orc

Thank Isha you're out of the genepool.

Exactly.

They turned Archaon and Malekith into Anakin Skywalkers.

How WE WUZ KANGS are the Tomb Kings?

>Liking the prequels

TK players are known for bragging how great Settra is, and saying he is best human leader ever lived.

WFRP 4e.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horned_Serpent
en.wikipedia.org
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calusa/wiki/Indigenous_peoples_of_the_Pacific_Northwest_Coast
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southeastern_Ceremonial_Complex

Malekith is still an immense asshole and said that he REGRETS NOTHING of the evil he did. In fact, he said to Teclis even if he went back in time with the knowledge of all that he now learned in the End Times, he would still do it all over again because FUCK YOU ALL BITCHES.

Also Malekith is the king of snark and I ship him with Teclis. They are meant to be together.

>He killed it because he believed he was doing it a kindness. Mercy killing the world ending all all the suffering and hypocrisy. Joping that the next world will be stronger and purer. A world where what happened to him will never be

So he's autistic.

0%

Barring sigmar,they're kinda right

Is the Beard Cloack for HE actually usefulin battle against dwarfs, or is it more of a red herring whose points could be better spent elsewhere?

Talking about 6th ed here

I noticed 6th ed questions are seldom answered here. You haven't forgotten your origins, have you /wfbg/?

>Archaon didn't kill the world for his own sick pleasure. He killed it because he believed he was doing it a kindness. Mercy killing the world ending all all the suffering and hypocrisy. Joping that the next world will be stronger and purer. A world where what happened to him will never be

This sort of motivation is what makes Archaon an unrelatable joke.

Interestingly, dwarfs, orcs and skaven are all very cifferent brands of humor.

Skaven represent schadenfreude and the comical bumblings of the inept. Greenskins represent physical and lowbrow comedy, and Dwarfs are essentially GW taking the piss out of themselves and the British in general.

Sorry, this is the Warhammer Fantasy thread.

I see two warhammer fantasy novels in that.

>6th ed
>origins
>not based 3rd ed

Get outta here beardling.

But in answer to your question, the benefit given by the beard cloak is outweighed by the cost. It's nice, but unless you're going against all dwarfs all the time and expect to have a lot of challenges there are better use of points.

They literally wuz kangz, and are pissed at people who ignore that.

He was. Either him, Nagash, or Sigmar are the greatest humans period.

I'm 99% sure Dwarfs are mocking Germans and the concept of Erbfeindschaft.

You DO realize what WE WUZ KANGZ is a reference to, right?

Watch this. Its by a Youtube personality who explains internet phenomena mockingly.

youtu.be/wPLP8B5G3-I

Since our 6e copy of High Elves is shitty and incomplete I purchased one to scan.

Once I do should I just dump it here, or create a thread for it? I don't want to e-mail anyone.

Everybody that is interested in such a pdf is already in this thread.

I do, and I'm saying it doesn't apply because they were, in fact, kings.

Post here. Preferably make archive file.

he didn't say anything inconsistent with the meme

The Empire are the germans

Needs running through a John Blanche Filter (tm), but it's workable.

retailgazette.co.uk/blog/2017/07/games-workshop-sales-profit-skyrocket/

Age of Sigmar was surely a mistake :^)))))))

The Empire is a lot of different groups, and is also fairly close to the historical HRE.
Dwarfs are a joke about Germans specifically. I'd also say that Wood Elves are the French as much as the Brets.

The wood elves are celtic fay

That's because of 40K's 8th edition you fuck.

Ah, that armour!

It actually looks pretty cool, would be a distinctive army with their troops wearing that

kickstarter.com/projects/2139148164/going-native-from-out-of-the-mists

kickstarter.com/projects/2139148164/going-native-from-out-of-the-mists/posts/1912497

>Stuffy
>Beaurocratic
>Tradition bound
>Unable to let a topic dro
>Constantly mumbling about how much better everything used to be
>Resistant to change

Sounds closer to being a stereotype of a generation of Brits rather than germans, mein herr.

They're literally in Alsace-Lorraine.

40k 8e and TWW.

We already know AoS isn't the success they thought it would be and that TWW surpassed all expectations. Its why WFRP 4e is happening.

Nah m8, that's pure German.

Nah brother, that's non culture specfic generational stereotypes.

>Harsh gutteral language
>Constantly at war
>Have a monarchy, but still divided into multiple subnationalities
>Unite instantly against literally any Other
>Industrialists quick to invent new technology, but slow to actually use it or use it effectively
Krauts.

>>Have a monarchy, but still divided into multiple subnationalities
this is still British

people forget you have the Welsh, Irish, Scottish, Cornish and English all in Britain

Are you describing dwarfs or empire there?

>They're literally in Alsace-Lorraine.

What ? Neither in position or in culture/analogy mate.

>Today ITT: people who don't seem to realise that a subject can be based on numerous aspects from multiple cultures, but still be use to poke fun at something else

>Its why WFRP 4e is happening.

GW never stopped selling their Fantasy IP though.

>not list tailoring
I would never play someone who doesn't build his list based on who has to fight, at least for what concerns magic items

An army is not supposed to go blindly against an enemy with whatever they haveat the moment after all