Connected to ????? Grid...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files:
>The_Deep_Resonance__What_is_it_and_where_is_it_from?.trid
>Sprites__How_intelligent_are_they_really?.thread
>AIs_vs_TMs.sim
>Machine_Sprites__A_rigger's_best_friend.knwsft

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 0 (120% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Let's all love Lain'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running And_you_don't_seem_to_understand.BTL...

>Watch your back
>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever deal with a dragon

TM Edition
What do you wish to see in the TM book/6e?
What should TMs be able to do?
What shouldn't they be able to do?
What should their strengths and weaknesses be?
>inb4 no more TMs

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/6EZCBSsBxko
yuki.la/tg/46645800#p46647247
dropbox.com/s/o7h1yix9tlg1w6l/BRIGHT_1.pdf?dl=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>inb4 Bright posting.

>* Your Current Rep Score: 0 (120% Positive)

Anyone have a living link to the lewd Shadowrun discord channel?

How would you survive in da hood(the barrens)?

Aside from having orcs and elves and guns in it, I'm not really sure it qualifies as "Shadowrun" enough to be used as a reference for Shadowrun inspiration.

What do you guys think? Here's the clip if anyone hasn't seen it yet:
youtu.be/6EZCBSsBxko

yuki.la/tg/46645800#p46647247

We are in prime runner territory chummer.

Once we find out where which black site Saeder's using for their next leg of Changeling research/cloning and smash them up we're going to retire our characters. And maybe go into hiding for a bit because we will have pissed off two great dragons.

Real prime runners steal tires off unconscious villagers bodies.

We do tend to have our gigganigga troll drag bodies around to loot them later. Though aside from a brief run in Lagos to assist the Robert Mugabe University of Magic and Agricultural Studies get back a focus belonging to the late great shaman we haven't had many encounters with villagers

What's the stuff I don't want to miss if I make an adept?

usually your enemies

How good are Mystic Adepts?

Horrible. Go full Mage or full adept. A mystic adept is about as effective as a Mage with cyberware.

I guess they are ok. They are very karma hungry, that's for sure. You can build a good one if you really want to.

I'm not the only one who thinks Will Smith is a terrible actor, right? Right?? He just plays himself in literally everything he does. I might have watched this just for kicks if I didn't have to sit through another Will Smith film.

>about as effective as a Mage with cyberware.
so depending on the ware really effective?

>Also other racism has completely stopped. No one is racist against blacks or anything

Go read the Bigotry sidebar in the SR5core chargen. Racism is everywhere and none of it went away.

Are there any canonical drawings on how the various metavariants look in the Shadowrun books ?

Yes, all over the place. Whenever they are in art, it's canonical.

A lot of racism has gone away. It's a big thing in their parts to mention how Russians or Australians are still fifth world racist and isn't that odd.

>I'm not the only one who thinks Will Smith is a terrible actor, right? Right?? He just plays himself in literally everything he does. I might have watched this just for kicks if I didn't have to sit through another Will Smith film.

I think he's good for the right kind of movies. That is: action movies with comedy in them - great "super hero" fodder. Otherwise I agree he basically plays himself in all movies.

Example: Mos UCASians hate anyone from the NAN, for reasons ranging from "traitors" to "almost destroyed the continent"

>Robert Mugabe University of Magic and Agricultural Studies
kek

What's so valuable about a dress?

It's Armante! Next seasons Armante. It's not even out yet.

Women... women never change
The Romans waged war to gather egyptian wool for them. Spain built an empire from its womens lust for gold and pearls. Hitler shaped a battered Germany into an economic superpower to take Paris for its dresses.
But women never change.

Improved Reflexes. It's so astoundingly good for its prices that I wouldn't be surprised to see social adepts with multiple levels.

Aside from that, weapon foci. Weapon foci are the single best source of dice for melee in the game, and they stack with everything else too. Even a Magic 1, Essence 1 cyber adept can be rocking a Force 5 weapon focus for a +5 dice bonus on all of your attacks. Plus, even a Force 1 Weapon Focus Knife can easily stab a spirit to death.

If your dice pool gets so big that your Accuracy starts actually limiting you, pick up the Attune Item ritual. It'll boost the shit out of your Accuracy.

I forget, can you do called shots with melee weapons/unarmed?

Yes, except (obviously) the firearms-related ones.

By RAW, I don't think so, because there's an action cost for a called shot or something. If you houserule melee attacks to be Simple rather than Complex, though, then yes.

>Improved Reflexes

How many levels is most efficient? Or do i just want to max it out if i can?

"Called Shot" is a free action, omae.

Don't you have a limited number of free actions? Like 'perfect time' give an extra free action and what not.

At least 2 levels. The first is the worst - it costs 1.5 PP. Every level after that drops to 1 PP. I'd go for all three every time, though, unless there's something else that I MUST have.

One per initiative pass. Which means that unless you either must run to catch your target or you absolutely need to do something at the same time you swing your weapon, you'll be able to call a shot each time you attack since you can only attack once per IP.

Full script here
dropbox.com/s/o7h1yix9tlg1w6l/BRIGHT_1.pdf?dl=0

Spoilers: It's shit

Yeah, it's really not right calling Improved Reflexes "astoundingly good" as much as "absolutely necessary". Shadowrun Initiative is an arms race, and everyone that wants to do anything needs initiative. If you're an adept, that's Improved Reflexes and at least 2 ranks is the required opportunity cost of existence. It's worth noting that it also excludes other initiative bonuses from stacking with it in its description, but REA bonuses are fine.

If you'd like to dodge shit (and not be surprised) there's also Combat Sense, which is fairly cheap per level, but you'll find that in general Reflexes being so necessary will really limit what you can achieve with your PP during chargen.

My sides

I personally find that the Location modifiers for Called Shots are heavily biased toward Firearms and make little to no sense in melee, aswell.

Hitting a guys forearms in melee is a -6? 90% of fighting styles will be blocking with them and taking half the blows on them in the first place. All the locations become seriusly messed up once you consider it from a melee perspective and you're already using a complex action for the privilege.

see

>you're already using a complex action for the privilege.
This is why I allowed my Physical adept to die. Close combat is just painfully unwanted by the system and makes barely any sense. Not only are you reduced to 1/4 of the maneuvers a ranged combatant has, but everything is also fuckslow while offering no tangible benefit.

Phys Adept that foregoes 'ware (and Adept Spell since you're already not mystical) also has a serious issue getting enough movement speed to really get into melee.

Thank god we got a double swim speed power, though.

It was my first character when going back into Shadowrun after I stopped shortly before 4th came out.

Concept was a crackerbarrel German Schwarzwald Troll proud of his German heritage with powers like the jumping one, wallrunning, intiative and such. I also put in killing hands for being a bit deadly.

I had high strength, high athletics group and everything you may want to bring in the pain. In the end, all I did was tank hits and down one enemy every two rounds while our shooty mcshootface brought the pain down on two to three in the same timeframe while also being able to do the majority of what I did with simple gear and cyberware.

Now I'm playing a Rigger, which allows me to do the shooty as well as being a credit to the team in more than "meatshield" function.

I assume a lot of your meatshield duties came from charging a guy, using a complex to down him, and then being stuck in the open with no cover and no movement left to get anywhere for your remaining initiative passes?

Pretty much. To be quite honest, noone at the table really knew how movement works - from what we read the movement rate / jogging rate was to be split over the course of a full round, but we never found out how, so we assumed we have to halve / third depending on how well I rolled on that initiative pass, which made for some very wonky numbers.

With running added to it we dealt with it as hits * 1m per initiative pass, but we were also rather unsure about this. And tanking the additional -2 on everything but rush attacks was a bitch.

Your movement is total for the entire combat turn, it's not split. You get that rate to spend as you see fit across all your initiative passes, but no more without sprinting, and if you went into running movement in your 1st IP, you're running in every consecutive one, even if you don't move in them, and have to spend a Free for running, and take the -2.

So if your rate is 12/24 you get to move a total of 12 before you're running, and then 24 before you have to use a complex to make a sprint test, in the entire combat turn, whether you have 1 pass or 4.

It's idiosyncratic because "faster" characters actually move "less" in that sense.

But if you spend your movement on charging a guy pass 1, you are not going anywhere until the entire combat turn is over.

Yeah, that was pretty much how we interpreted the rules, which pretty much meant that I would, even with three initiative passes in some turns, use my first complex to sprint, second complex to actually hit a guy at +2 and then try to throw an axe at someone during my third. Made for a very ineffective way of combat, especially considering I pretty much blocked the rest of my team from using useful stuff like chaotic world or supressive fire.

It's how blanket a lot of it is that's ridiculously stupid. The fact you spend a free on running, and you only get one free per turn, RAW means you are incapable of dropping items from your hands because you are running.

One could always use a standard to do so if I understand the rules correctly, transforming a standard into a free, but as a close combatant you're already hard pressed for actions.

Well at least now I could revive my Troll idea as a hacker since they just became the best long-range hackers with The Total Nigger

The simple-to-free thing is a variant rule your GM can apply I believe, yes. I know some houserule that you can get multiple free out of it, or others just really consider the running free as incredibly minor and will let you do most things because running is so stupidly overpenalized, pushing the paradigm even more toward ranged. Sure you can mostly just attack once per turn with either, but that extra simple can be used for all kinds of shenanigans, even if just straight up gaining bonus dice on the attack you do do.

RAW also encourages the GM to allow combining free actions when it makes sense, i.e. running and dropping an item/yelling.

>That ork couple on the right

Holy shit they're hilarious. The woman neds some pearls to clutch to top it off

Thought he was pretty good in Seven Pounds and Pursuit of Happiness myself

Also to be on topic; I might of blown past it, but does the new book mention anything about Fomorian trolls? I'm trying to make a parkor expert in a new game we're starting up soonish, and was hoping maybe they updated the rules a bit on 'em

Why make it Schwarzwald if you're not gonna have them wear traditional Schwarzwald costume?

I was talking about their expressions mostly, though I do find her hat a bit silly too.

No sorry, the book is about racism and how the Man is keeping trogs down.

Why is no one using skates
Not the implanted ones but actual skates
Cost 100 nuyen and increase your speed by 50%

That's actually kinda funny

Because I couldn't find a source.

There's nothing silly about these peoples heritage, user.

There is something silly about what's going on with the male ork's face and the woman's look of offended sensibilities though.

Also there's definitely something silly about that center hat.

>Fomorian trolls
Formorian trolls are HMHVII trolls. The smaller, less bony variant of trolls are called Formori. It's pretty great.

Chrome Flesh 88
Run Faster 254
Common Sense inside of you

Really? That's it? How fucking retarded. You figure they'd at least remember things like Fomorian and Saytar's exist.
>mfw I bet there's some shitty BLM allegory too, if it's all about racism and The Man

It was inside of me all along?

Where is my spirit skates spell?

Iunno, I kinda stopped reading the Shadowtalk stuff when it had just devolved into Clockwork making somewhat xenophobicly biased but still grounded arguments about the dangers of headcases and technos and how he's simply taking a more cautious stance on the whole thing because the cards aren't down yet while Netcat yells at him (and everyone else) about how mean he is and how he has to be made to stop being so mean.

Honestly the Skate adept power should have given you movement speed on top of its actual function, even if they cost it higher.

Also always found it funny how Wall Running tells you you can't run over water "because you're magical - not miraculous" and then they just go "Oh and here's the miracle power".

>There's nothing silly about these peoples heritage, user.
user, everything about them is silly
t. German

Stop being mean, user. No bigots allowed.

It was sarcasm. Now let us make jokes about Bielefeld.
t. Also German

Netcat's not a trog. She's just the only person allowed to talk shit to a trog in that book. Notably she is also in a far more privileged (techno powers falling into her lap included) position than Clockwork.

Though I'm pretty sure anyone is more privileged than Clockwork.

>Bielefeld
Gibt's doch gar nicht!

Core Rulebook 399
Core Rulebook 300
Spirits All around you

>not making a spirits within joke

Thought about it
Decided to avoid the lynching this joke would cause

Don't worry, the FF community is too caught up in mobage wars to care.

As a Bielefelder, I dispute the notion

We ain't buying your corporate conspiracy.

>>mfw I bet there's some shitty BLM allegory too

Yeah, it's the Sons of Sauron. They're basically BLM now, even down to the "if you don't support them, you're an evil racist" undertone.

How is life on the payroll treating you, illuminati shill?

>the dangers of headcases

god damn it, i actually forgot that those existed till i read it.

But well, while clockwork tends to be kind of a dick, i think that his catious stance is well deserved when there are suddenly people which control the very fabric of the modern communication network.

what would the man gain from actively holding trogs down ?

Higher property values I guess.

Don't be so sure user.

buoyancy?

I don't think trolls float. To much bone and muscle.

Only one way to test, we find something that is muscular and bigger than a human and see if it floats. Like a cow

Spirits already go fast enough.

>go fast enough
I don't understand

What's the impact of playing the game without limits? They seem kind of pointless to me.

Well, some stuff like Knockdown or Subdual needs there to be a limit score to compare to at least, with the way the rules are structured.

They're really only relevant to the most extreme minmaxers. I wouldn't worry about it.

>What's the impact of playing the game without Limits

You get retarded fringe-cases like People shooting up armored cars with hold-outs.

They prevent some dumb shenanigans.

Limits generally don't matter but exist for a reason, even outside the context of min-maxing. For example good limits are one of the only reason pistols have any reason to be used compared to machine pistols, and limits make dump stats worse.

Why isn't there an option for Antenna Grill to be taken in horns? Or is that already a thing?

It's because someone took the hoodnigger stereotype too far, and made some ware that is OP and also makes no sense on the restrictions (needs to be outside the body? Perfect, cyberears are already a thing).

Horns are too small.