EDH/Commander General /edhg/

"Taking You With Me" Edition

Previous: RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

Thread Question:
How far will you go out of spite if victory is still possible?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/30-05-17-ayli-eternal-pilgrim/
discord.gg/UE9Vqzu
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

So im upgrading my breya deck and im sitting at 38 lands still. Im thinking its fine if i go dowm to 35/36 since im replacing them with signets/mana rocks but will i end up missing them?

>thread question

If victory is still possible I like to see it as a challenge to be overcome. Spite has nothing to do with it, we're good sports most of the time. Seriously though, if victory is possible then would it not be in your best interest to play it out?

Anyway, I'm building Ayli. Bought some cards for her, still not sure about direction. Playtested a little, it's hard for me to know how to play it on account of the fact I'm used to playing spellslinger style decks and I'm basically in unfamiliar territory. What do you guys think?

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/30-05-17-ayli-eternal-pilgrim/

Enchantment's are probably my favourtie card type, what are some fun commanders that go along well with enchantments?

stop making threads early you retard, it floods the board with to much shit. this isnt /b/ you dipshit

It's okay if you also have enough early draw. Little things like Preordain, Ponder, faithless looting, and top can really help smooth out the lower land count.

So im slowly trying to add things in to make an eggs package so im ending up with a lot of draw already. Bsz/ ponder/ brainstorm, rystic study, are all in also.

Can I get by with 33 lands if I use a lot of ramp?

Depends on your curve

That sounds perfectly fine. Try goldfishing it a few times and see how consistent it is if you're still unsure.

Average CMC 3.33.

K&T, Zur, Brago, Ertai 2, Karametra, and Maralen are all good choices. But I've got a big softy for K&T personally.

Fuck off Athreos I hope you draw 7 Apostles.

Wow dude why the hate?

>people thought Razaketh would be the next coming of christ
>still sitting at 5$
lmao

Not that user, but I'm assuming it's because it's a boring, unoriginal deck that plays out the same way every game.

>it's a boring, unoriginal deck that plays out the same way every game
Nah not mine. I run fewer Apostles, more demons, more reanimator shit, and more human tribal shit. Also fun teks like Brisela. I'm just trying to make sure that making the deck more fun didn't fuck me on land. Space is hard when you need SOME Apostles.

Literally nobody thought that

I'm not surprised. He's a subpar Sidisi in the command zone and has to compete with Rune-Scarred Demon as a reanimation target.

I did, for like twenty minutes. And then I realized he wasn't anywhere near as good as Griselbrand.

This card is just tech for pic related. You're welcome.

Where's your allegiance, Veeky Forums?

What are some BUG win cons you guys use?

I'm going to put together a control deck to take to my LGS and stop combo degeneracy, but I can't just go to the store intending to counter spell to victory.

the legion is only acceptable girl, in all cases.

Orzhov, but I really want to fug Boros or Simic.

Azorius on the streets, Rakdos in the sheets

Boros, but Azorius is very apealing a well.

Question:

Tana, the Blood Sower is 8/8
Cathars Crusade is on the field

Tana does 8 damage
Tanas ability triggers, creates 8x 1/1 saprolings
Saprolings etb, trigger Cathars Crusade, Tana gains +8/+8 for a total of 16/16

Do the saprolings all enter in one instance or do they count as 16 seperate instances? Do the saprolings come in as 1/1s with +8/+8 or do they come in one by one in a +8/+8, +7/+7, +6/+6,.... +1/+1 order?

fug boros
marry azorius
kill izzet

>thread question
I killed a bearer of the heavens and then exiled all graveyards for no reason other than I could. Do not test me, I do not negotiate with terrorists.

It triggers one by one

shit dude i always wanted a tana tokens deck do you have a list?

If you like enchantments, any combination of bant+x is good. G/w is just good. W/u has tons of enchantment support. Wild research is in which gives you some tutor along with enlightened tutor, but enchanted evening, opalescence, and sterling grove are all good tech.

Shit that's a good idea.
Fug Simic
Marry Boros
Kill Dimir

I dont have my deck posted on tapped out or anything, but my deck is Tana + Bruce Tarl

Must include: Ivy Lane Deniven, Cathar's Crusade

All the Saprolings enter the battlefield simultaneously as 1/1s with no counters on them.
Cathar's Crusade triggers eight times. Assuming nothing else happens and the triggers resolve, Tana and each Saproling will get 8 +1/+1 counters put on them.

You'll have a 16/16 Tana and eight 9/9 Saprolings.

fug boros
marry azorius
kill izzet

If there is a possible combination of cards in my deck that could lead to my victory I will play out. Otherwise I fuck over everyone who put me in my current position as hard as I can. 2nd place is 1st place loser and I'll kingmake until it is clear that if I get fucked in the early game I'll fuck you're late game as much as I can.

Haha, OP, you seemed to have forgotten the Discord info. Here it is:

Veeky Forums EDH General Discord
discord.gg/UE9Vqzu

Don't beat yourself up about it though. Just try to be less forgetful next time.

Orzhov. I need no waifu. I am the harbinger of grief and joy. They will learn joy in my victory or know grief at my hands, it matters not to me.

>*teleports behind you*
>Unsheathes Keyblade
>...Heh, nothin' personnel kid.
>*Fuses his light with his darkness*
This is what you sound like.

Alright friends, it's time to shit fury all over my group and sow the seeds of despair

Gimme dem good hatebears

>taking anything you read on a children's card game discussion thread on a Belarusian league of legends forum seriously.
>I was just pretending to be retarded.jpeg.phoneposter

There is literally nothing wrong with posting from a phone.

The cabal

Orzhov and Radkos my guy
>Belarusian league of legends forum
got a good laugh outta me

I post from my phone all the time because I work to support my cardboard addiction.

Do alesha who smiles at death, all nongreen hatebears go into that and it's a good deck to begin with

Is Reaper King any fun? Really want to brew up a deck for Halloween and its either him or Ishkanah

Selesnya best waifu

Addendum Gaddock Teeg, prevents you from being fucked over by wraths, but it kinda makes you a target since timmy will want to do busted shit

Ain't nothing wrong with shit posting. Literally taking a dump rn. Anyways, how about a discussion on edh while we're here? Nu or og Neheb? I preferential to Nu because of aggravated assault.

>it'sharvesttime.pasta

The 4most. Recur all that shit. Eidolon of Rhetoric to shut people down, Linvala, Gryff, Thalia, Scooze, Green enchant/artifact hate, and a Hulk line to close the game.

Neheb 2.0 is incredibly fun. I played him last weekend and had some quick, but intense games. Nothing like having everyone at

Speaking of Teeg and wraths, what wraths are advisable to run with him? I currently have Retribution of the Meek and Oblivion Stone, but I'm not sure if that's too few. Also I run Stony Silence so that's a bit of a nonbo with O-Stone.

Reaper King was the first deck I built back when I started in New Phyrexia. Entirely constructed out of my friends bulk and nonsense, it was a beautiful menagerie of terrible commons and uncommons with an artifact theme (thanks Mirrodin), but every time I got to slam down that King and boldly shout "ITS HARVEST TIME", I was as proud of that deck as I have ever been of any deck since. Over the years of playing with this group that got me into Magic (I didn't realize there were even other ways to play besides with 100 cards and a general) the deck slowly gained more rares, scarecrows, and artifact nonsense until it formed into the scariest deck in our playgroup, and the mere whisper of Harvest Time would send shudders down my friends' spine.

Flash forward 6 years, 1500 miles, and at least 50 decks built and retired. I no longer play with those long gone friends, and honestly I don't even have a group to play with that I even like. Still, Reaper King resides in a hallowed space in my deck case, foiled out, with only the most beautiful un-lands, triple sleeved with Perfect Fit Dragon Shields, Yuru Yuri custom art sleeves, and oversized art covers. It's final form a deck so bewildering to behold, so beautiful and terrible at the same time, an amalgamation of artifact and five color combo, that any who face its glory soon learn the terror of the words of the King.

To play Reaper King is to play the King of Magic. To utter his holy mantra is to evoke an emotion previously unbeknownst to those who hear it. To King is to Harvest. To Harvest is to King.

Remember this next time you play Magic, you're only playing a cheap imitation of what it actually is. Until you experience the Harvest, you have not truly experienced anything.

Hear his words and tremble, learn his words and rule. Play the King and only the King, and remember:
"It's Harvest Time."

Neheb 2.0 is currently my go to casual commander. I miss cauldron dance but trying to find work arounds with mono r makes up for it. Do you run any stax to make up for the lack of card selection/tutoring?

Always Boros, Boros for life

I think ill just play Ishkanah after reading this

I just had this exact same scenario happen.

Best part was I had pic related out on the field.

Alright, how does New Emrakul work with Strionic Resonator? The person doing it gets double cast triggers, so do they also take control of the extra turn? And would the person getting Mindslaver'd get an additional extra turn?

I have a friend who I know is going to try and pull this shit on me this weekend

Both triggers take control of your next turn, meaning he only controls one of your turns, but you do however get both the extra turns.

Where do I sign?

Can I have both Azorius and Rakdos for some hot dirty Artifice partners action? Do you think they would agree?

You'd control the same turn twice, and they'd just get an extra free turn. Mindslaver effects aren't able to "see" that you already gained control of a turn, so they'll always apply to the same turn.

Oh cool, that's not so bad

Most of my deck is just burn spells and wheels. I run a lot of protective equipment for Neheb (swords, darksteel plate, boots&greaves), so as long as he sticks around past combat, I can usually start burning through my deck. He's very all-or-nothing and doesn't do well if the game lasts longer than 10 turns.

How many tutors is too many? A friend told me he was putting stranglehold in his deck just to counter me, to which I said I don't run THAT many tutors. Then he said that I run 17, and he was right.

So how many is too many?

Fug Izzet
Marry Boros
Kill Dimir
Pet Gruul

If your deck gets fucked over by Stranglehold it is running too many tutors.

Are you counting things like Cultivate as a tutor?
Excluding land tutoring, I run about 4-6 tutors in a normal deck.

You might like zur the enchanter or maybe even pharika

What if your commander is a tutor?

Yeah, my 9 fetches and stuff like trinket mage is being counted in the total. The actual tutors are... Vamp, demonic, Diabolic intent, Sidisi, and bribery, with a special shout out to imperial recruiter.

Then you've got it coming.

>Selesnya isn't an overly affectionate and oblivious titty monster

You know what's a tutor?

That sounds perfectly normal. Stranglehold is more or less a hate card for money decks, so just keep be prepared to counter or remove it.

Yes? Do you mean you are entitled to pop your fetches?

I have no problem with someone hating on my fetches. It's a risk you take for having a flexible mana base.

tfw yidris cascade into stranglehold against a karametra combo deck

I guess we're on the same page then.

Has to be the average guild member, not a specific one.

May as well get some more opinions.

I want to build UB Cycling. No General for it yet, so I'm deciding between Wydwen, Lazav and Sygg.

Wydwen having flash sort plays into the whole cycling thing since I'll be keeping up mana for control stuff, cycling or if I need it, my general.

Lazav plays well with Windfalls and mass discard (which work well with most "matters" cards) and has hexproof, but has hefty color weight and is still kind of eh.

Sygg is just minor generic value.

Opinions?

Bought some old packs for a chaos draft and I now know why newer packs just don't feel as great. Older packs are packed way more tightly. New packs have a bit of air in them and don't feel as pleasantly smooth as a result.

>UB Cycling
>no access to astral slide
why

Esper Cycling has even less option for synergistic generals.

I finished building allies, now I want to build Rakdos the Defiler .
How to make him work? Haste enablers, demons, what else?

Oblivious affectionate titty monsters are my fetish. As are terrible cards.

Does anyone have some spicy tech for best girl here?

Whispersilk Cloak and Rogues Passage.

zur? fetches you astral slide

Thanks, gonna check those out!

>Oblivious affectionate titty monsters are my fetish
>TFW my girlfriend is this
>TFW she is also a goodie twoshoes
Life is good.

Phyrexian Devourer on endstep before your next turn then sac it for a gorillion zombies.

A stupid multi card combo involving thornbite staff, with scourge of nel toth and phyrexian altar with gisa. But it's super fragile.

Assault Suit and an "always attack" clause like Fumiko to make everyone blow up their own shit

>How far will you go out of spite if victory is still possible?
zero
threat assessment is key to winning games in my meta, theres no room for spite

also a question from last thread
Does anyone have an enchantment zur list I can look at? not doomsday zur but a tuned enchantment zur.
I really want to see what my lists can do against that list, my dimir and selensyna lists have scraped by against foodchain prossh and jeleva storm in the past and I was wondering how they would match up against the non-competitive boogyman

I envy you
so much
you dont even know
>tfw was engaged to affectionate titty monster who I thought was a goody two shoes but then she turned into an actual monster as soon as I proposed
im glad im not married to her
but still
those tities

Golgari all the way
Universal hatebear is gaddock teeg