Archives and other resources: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

Previous thread:

hype isn't healthy, user

Tell Rosanon that
>It begins...

Gotta kill time til something

the only one responsible for your hyping is you

You're right, user

Here, yuri cyoa. Now the killing time is done.

You could kill time by making CYOAS!

This is one of my favorite short CYOAs and I want it to have DLC/a sequel.

Here, have a newer version.

Alright, anons; about to start work on updating this to match the new version of Altering History. I will collect any specific requests and additions for the duration of this thread.

Also! A question about designing a Quest DLC for Mentor/Lover/Rival/Friend (I forget the order myself). Obviously there will be a limit on how many quests you can do. Do you prefer CYOAs where the quests and their difficulty are described, and it's left up to your imagination whether you can be successful, or do you want some kind of mechanic limiting which specific quests you are suited for? I know which I prefer, but if the opinion is strong in the opposite direction, I can be flexible.

I prefer it to be more flexible with regards to the difficulty, though a well-balanced mechanical restriction system can work too.

My old request was for some more water and air based races if I remember right, and thus more options related to living in those environments.

Also, is there a way to better adapt things to living in the cold/snow/ice/high sky islands etc without fur or fat?

That's not how your name is spelled, acheld...

Thanks.
Good thoughts; will think on it.
Yup, typo, so I'll namefag for this post too, for page-search purposes.

If there is a limit on quests you can do i prefer that it is made by requirements instead of an arbitrary limit. But still there should be mentioned that if you can do the quest it should not mean that you can instantly succeed only that you can do it.
I would also like a fairy race you know, Really tiny, Wings, Fucked up, but that is something up to you obviously

I'm glad you're back desu
are you gonna make new jumps for our sister thread too?
I like the one you did I still use the Make Love Not War perk and the Amulet of Divinity in my chain

Hands up!
I want all your monsterslayer-esque martial hero cyoas!

>Kitsune, -6
>Intriguing, -1
>Feminine, -1
>Lifetime, free
>Lifetime 2, -3
>General Magic, -2
>General Magic 2, -2
>Power Magic, -3
>Raie, -2
Magic kitsune lovers, destined forever!

monster hunter

>are you gonna make new jumps for our sister thread too?
I had fun making those, but I'm enjoying "standard" CYOAs for now. I do want to finish up the Quest for Glory series at some point, but have no plans beyond that.

So what's going on with the Altering History RP World?
I'm out of the loop.

Probably the only pdf CYOA I've enjoyed but I don't have any more builds left to make.

Noted!
Honestly I've been pretty tangential, as I keep getting distracted by other projects. I honestly find creating CYOAs more fun than doing them.

hey acheld do you remember the old Shared World from last year? do you know how the RP ended?

I've taken so much from this place and it's been months since I actually finished a cyoa so here's a little sneak peek because I get sexual pleasure from posting WIPs.

Oh, and thanks to the guys who lead me towards the art for this cyoa.

No mafia?

>creating CYOAs
Speaking of which, had a lightbulb go off there for a moment. Just threw together a VERY rough proof-of-concept. Would like to hear whether this mechanic is intriguing enough that it would be worth expanding (with many more options, balance, and art of course). The powers are bland and uninteresting, I know; that will change if this gets a full release. It's just about the mechanic at this stage.

I did not witness the end of it, because I think I had disappeared by then, but I have heard that Mars the Destroyer was defeated through a great alliance.

cool beans

Purity
Alchemy
Transmutation
Prophecy
Skeleton

>Oh, and thanks to the guys who lead me towards the art for this cyoa

Gang Road?

In any case, looks pretty interesting, looking forward to it!

>Mars the Destroyer was defeated through a great alliance
p sure Mars was turned into a girl and waifued by his rival

>turned into a girl and waifued by his rival
>defeated
Same difference.

>turned into a girl and waifued by his rival
Sounds like a victory to me

>Sounds like a victory to me
Different strokes for different folks!

American Grievous

Seems like something that's moderately fun until user calculates the optimal route and everything else becomes meaningless.

You get to be reborn as a moderately attractive person in a magical world with an option to change your sex, do you do it?

I wouldn't

Annabelle, though I'd pick Golden Delisius (sic) if I had the kind of money needed to travel.

Depends entirely on whether I would be able to have magic myself. If I was just going to be a peasant, obviously not.

Yes, but no thanks to the sex change.

No. It'd be nice if I could have it as a possibility for when I die in this life though. I'd like to stay a boy too.

Alice

I pick Malus!

Sophia, I bet she's the least popular so she needs adoption the most. I'd really want to adopt all of them though.

Golden Delisius for sure
>core of the group
>rather tart
>mild
A+ for apple puns, to whateveranon made this.

Wait, lewds are allowed in the RP World??
This changes everything.

>lewds are allowed
*I* have neither explicitly allowed nor disallowed lewds. The CYOA contains no mention of lewdity in any respect.

Turns out, though, that actual history has had its fair share of lewd. As an observation.

Onyx, easily.

Wish this had husbandos to be a waifu for.

>Race
Elemental(Water)

>Class
Transmuter

>Perks
Gaping maw, Sleepless, Multitasking

>Items
Grand energy generator-1000
Grand power module-200
Small module(x3) -150
Energy converter-10
Reconnaissance Droid-500
Communicator-100

I shall become a cute slimegirl gestalt and build a shop where will offer all kinds of services, probably those weird System NPC shops won't have so i can become lvl 100 without having to raid a single dungeon and live a relative relaxed life.

I need more cyoas like assassin's guild. That thing awakened something inside me.

According to Angel, it didn't turn out that way.

Mars won the siege against an alliance of pretty much all the other players, just because his build was so OP.
Then he made the Whore of Babylon his... whore.
Then he fell for a trap and was contained under a volcano or something?
But not before he impregnated the Whore, which was everyone's goal and so basically an end game condition.

Murderous intent?

Why don't you write some up?

Searching the future is basically worthless so I don't know why it exists. Anyway, I pick Programming the Present, it's hard to overstate how much you can do with absolute efficiency at one hour at a time.

Sure.

Where's the multiplayer at?
What's the time period?
I wanna make a build.

Yes. No. Maybe. More like the desire to be in charge of a guild of my design in a fantasy world. I never knew how much I wanted that.

Thanks, I'll hang this up 50 years ago.

>Searching the future is worse than having to autistically try to code any possible event to prevent your death in auto-pilot

Don't use it while in public or with deadly tools, dummy. Use Programming the Present while somewhere safe.

You know the answer is to make your own user, the impulse you're feeling is your creative desire.

Interesting. This "creative desire" you speak of is powerful, but my laziness is much, much stronger!

Then I guess you don't want it bad enough!

I have a logic problem with the "Free and Sustainable" Quest.
How can I ensure that no ecological damage is made if I can't restrict production or trade in any way?
Just look at the real world, if you don't stop people from burning fossil fuels or mass producing shitty stuff while dumping chemicals in clean water, they will do it because it's easier and makes money.

You should indulge your creative desire, otherwise it will grow bigger and it's hunger too until eventually the visions claim your sanity.

how DARE YOU tell user to make his own CYOA!

Don't become a guildmaster and skip town, fucking duh, that's the only option.

Do people want loads of weapons with really detailed descriptions, or loads of weapons with very brief descriptions? Or do people just want weapon archetypes (sword, bludgeon, polearm...).

>To Be The Best

>Andrea Winters
>Knight's Gambit

>Thousand Shadow Frenzy (Relentless)

>Secondary Style

>Levi Than
>Cally Lynx
>Donna Fence (Lovely Rival)
>Mordecai Grant

RESULTS:

>VS Levi Than: WIN (Used up Secondary Style)
>VS Cally Lynx: WIN
>VS Donna Fence: LOSE (2 Energy to Continue)
>VS Mordecai Grant: WIN

>Wealth

Being a hidden master seems like a lot of responsibility for a young guy, I'd rather keep training with Andrea and trying to win Donna's heart for now.

I like detailed descriptions.

Waifus

Detailed please

I want the weapons to be symbolic representations of my fascination with the phallus.

I do not like loads of briefly described options

update: i'm stuck for ideas for a school of magic unique to nato

We need more context. Is the weapon important to the character building process? Will different weapons have different effects on builds? Is the CYOA based around being, I don't know, a fighter of some kind or is having a weapon just an option?

Sagi

>Searching the future is basically worthless so I don't know why it exists.
>Stealing technology from the future is worthless
>Previewing deterministic gambles like scratch-off tickets or dealt poker/blackjack hands is worthless
>Predicting major natural disasters like earthquakes or meteor strikes is worthless

You mean stuff like this?

Warding,