Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

This Daemonette is THICC edition

Old: New Duncan: youtube.com/watch?v=Z0JmSC2Rt9g&t=0s

>GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf(and epub), SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Other megas
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing Abaddon's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

retailgazette.co.uk/blog/2017/07/games-workshop-sales-profit-skyrocket/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

So, what's stopping me taking librarians in a BT army?

If the answer is "nothing" then I will.

Didnt we already have this edition.....

Your sense of self worth.

You not being a faggot, which it sounds like you are, so have fun fag

Probably.

I make like half the OPs when I dont have work and I don't have that many images for OPs.

Most of the nurgle OPs? Me.

6th for Warhawks

A specific rule if you go by the new codex. BT detachments cannot have librarians.

So I didn't realise these are actually cheaper than Ravagers dollars wise, and unless I'm doing the math wrong they're the same points cost assuming I'm running Dark Lances on both; with all Disintegrators the Ravager is actually more expensive.

Is there any reason to not that the Razorwing over the Ravager?

What is the most cheese or broken shit each faction can bring to 25 PL game?

You can fit a Knight Warden or a Bunch of Berserkers with chainaxe

Anything else?

Could you not simply take a Second Detachment? With I do not know Salamanders?

Nth for will I ever play this game?

Any word at all on the CSM codex?

Any guesses what might change from index to codex?

I think there was a rule about named characters not taking other chapter tactics or was that warlord traits?

Robbie G can't take the +1 Wound and FNP Warlord trait because Ultramarine or something.
>I'm not a marine player I don't know this intimatly.

In OP's defense, you do get an actual 8+ charge that you can re-roll if you have sources to do that.

And what is a Raptor? i didn't find that keyword in the Imperium 1 book but I assume it's the assault marines thing.
>Are a faction or a unit keyword is what I'm trying to ask.

Does it say librarians?
Because if so they can probably take other Imperium keyword psykers

Whats the verdict on the sicaran punisher variant? was thinking of converting + magnetising my standard one so I can run either but not sure it's worth it

50 pink horrors.

Alternitively, you could grab a bunch of Chaos Characters and summon them instead.

160 conscripts, Harker, and a Commissar

They happily worked together with xenos psykers under gulliman, it only makes sense they would lighten up and take some magic crusaders escpellically science they pretty much owe their chapters continued existence to him.

I prefer the voidraven for my flier spots.

It's a dayum shame their sergeant doesn't get a power sword like the intercessor one.

Legion tactics that are all around worse than Ultramarine chapter tactics

I thought primaris marines were t5

God damn it!

Guess my plan of running stupid list to troll stuff like the 3 faggots bringing a single knight. Might get dick over by cheap spamming.

Any respectable BT player should not take librarians. The "new canon" of them only hating "renegade and xenos psykers" is absolute fucking garbage.

If you don't care what people will think of you, by all means take a supreme command detachment of them.

"Happily" and the chapter Black Templars do not go hand in hand.
If anything they starved themselves half to death just to spite the poor witches under Gulliman's guile.

What unit is the best troop choice in the game?

Raptors are a faction, a successor chapter of raven gaurd, known for being sneaky, using camo and being operator marines.

Which is why the original guy was such a massive fucking faggot, because not only do we know the the parent chapter of the raptors, but the raven gaurd tactics fit the raptors perfectly. The only reason to make the completely bullshit claim that they're BT successors is to try and do massively unfluffy and outright incorrect WAACfag shit.

As a Chaos player I actively hold myself back knowing I could just spam summon daemons from any of my lists.

Warriors maybe

>GW releases a generic "primarch" statline
What do you do?

Hiveguard kit.

You replied to someone asking if something was RaW legal.
You answered that "yes, it is RaW legal."
>people will be offended by your list not being proper fluffy.
>People will be offended by you playing legal lists.
>People will be offended by you not adhering to their favorite old-times fluff.

Gravis Armour gives +1 T. Which Inceptors and Aggressors wear.

I need a good list maker. BattleScribe's 8th edition doesn't have stuff like Icon's and Instruments for Daemons, while the Mobile Version does but doesn't seem to have Daemons at all (well, unified). I was fiddling around with a stupid meme list, but I dunno how many Bloodcrushers can go in a unit. It was something like:

HQ: Skulltaker
HQ: Herald of Khorne
HQ: Herald of Khorne on Juggernaut
Troop: x20 Bloodletters
Elite: x5 Bloodcrushers

Something like 1495 I think. Idea was to plonk Skulltaker and Herald in centre of the Bloodletters. Meaning they git on a 2+ for S6. Herald and Skulltaker hit at S7. Meanwhile Herald on Juggernaut makes the Bloodcrushers melee at S6 (I think) and Horns at S8.

I suspect it'd be easily destroyed anyway.

>Ultramarines are the best
>May as well throw out what makes other chapters interesting and unique
Pathetic smurf logic.

Raptor is a chapter keyword

Build a lost legion marine army

They gate all psykers again, user.

Then it's not a BT detachment, they're talking about going full black templars.

You know what would happen.

Yeah, I guess FoC considerations are a factor. Aside from that I can't see much in the Ravagers favour, as I think the missiles are a better deal than the extra Dark Lance/Disintegrator and it gets the Hard to Hit benefit too.

If you're gunna steal my OC at least give it the filename "Sisters" or "Shitsters of Basshole" if you're a super memer

Yeah ok, that makes sense now.
Thanks for actually explaining instead of calling me a faggot. I appriciate it!

Time for my female primarch to appear.

But you still have to set aside the points for the daemons you summon. I don't see how that's broken or necessarily amazing? Your psykers are just defacto transports at that point.

So, many people seem to have the book already. Any descent scans? What you're posting is from an hour long video that doesn't take a look at point values and changed dataslates, only the new ones.

Do you play points or power levels

Points, there's no reason not to summon. It's basically Daemon's version of a transport.

Power level, I don't know enough on how summoning works in PLs to comment.

Hey guys, total newb here looking to get into 40k. Ive spent some time looking at the armies, and my wifes boyfriend told me i should play eldar. I like how they look, are they any good?

>what's stopping me
Mentions RaW/"in the rules" at all? No.
Answer is the same.

Same thing stopping you running a white scars army as ultramarines in 30k
Nothing but your dignity
>Chapter Master of the Black Templars I have brought you some Primaris recruits
>and why is that elder here
>what eldar, and their preferred pronoun in Aeldari now
>that one standing next to you
>oh he's Josephus Saracel, primaris librarian who leads this detachment of reinforcements of black templars
>I do not care if he is there leader or not, the edict of Nikea shall still be kept by, surely you remember it, you were there Guilliman and spoke in its defence

I meant in powerlevel games

>people will be offended by your list not being proper fluffy
Well, yes.

>lets make a unit around assault weapons which allow running and shooting.
>let's give them power fists too
>let's not allow them to run and charge though
>lets also give them 5" movement with no deep strike
>8" weapons lol
chadmarines please

user I respect the shit out of you
-user

>army doesn't have any wargear options taken
>still can't add up the list
For fuck's sake user, get it together.

I don't remember the exact wording, but I guess you can? of course it's obviously not black templars at that point though.

>My wife's boyfriend

Yeah Eldar should be perfect for you

they'll add all the FAQ changes and buff emperor's children i guess
FUCK YES
now my girlyman conversion got even better

But there's no rule for taking "just black templar" to recieve the CT or bonuses for them right?
Everything hinges on keywords.

Don't you still need to keep an amount of power available for summoning. You could bring 20 power but only summon 5 power as that's the power limit? You couldn't bring 25 power of psykers and summon an additional 25 power.

Never claimed it was fluffy or it was not WAAC

If you read my very first suggestion it literally said:

>If you want to WAAC at maximum level give them the BT tactics

after OP asked what tactics to use.

but then everyone went full retard because 8" charge and reading the datasheet was apparently too hard.

>all of their weapons are -4 AP

WHAT

what the FUCK

I only just noticed that the heavy version kills the bearer before the shots resolve. That's kind of neat.

retailgazette.co.uk/blog/2017/07/games-workshop-sales-profit-skyrocket/

Good goys, buying these Primaris Marines

>BT being reasonable and diplomatic.
>BT not being full of zealous rage and hatred
>Not punching the eldar in it's god damn witch mouth.

I have an Assault Marine kit that I want to see get some use but when I asked about it I was told Assault Marines are still not that good. Then someone suggested I just use them as Vanguard vets with chainswords, and that seemed like a solid idea. If I did that I would just paint their helmets white, right (playing Ultras).

The only restriction for reserving summon cost was for points. Please let me know if it's for power as well before I go up against Magnus.

I told you to play sisters! Don't forget to sit down when you pee in my house either.

Woo

>Repulsor drops them off.
>They flame a squad and charge another
>Start of your turn you fall back and flame because you're Ultramarines

>You use a CP to infiltrate them because you're Raven Guard.

>You Advance enough to flame and dare an enemy to eat your 12D6 overwatch (only to fall back and flame again because you're Ultramarines

What? I did add it up. I literally said I did. Though I did mistype and put 1495 instead of 1485. Don't bully me, bully.

T-thanks. Y-you too! It's a pipe dream anyway.

Im not sure what you mean, everything in a detachment has to have the same chapter keyword for it to receive chapter traits/stratagems/etc, you can have another detachment of whatever and if you like to be a heretics then you can add librarians to a black templar detachment by using the supreme high command detachment, of course those librarians would need to have another chapter tactic due to the fact that a Black Templar detachment (meaning a detachment using that keyword and therefore their tactics) cannot have librarians.

and keywords cannot be in the same detachment.

The amount of rulebooks and indexes they sold probably brought them in a shit ton of money even without the new miniatures.

How does the weekly theme for Fate of Konor work? Do I have to show/buy a Start Collecting-box for week 1 or can I just use the same units as in those boxes for double points?

That's probably mostly got to do with 8th. I've heard a ton about people getting back into the hobby, just getting in now, or buying new armies.

>I need a good list maker
have you tried basic math

>yo dawg we heard you like deepstrike and transports so we made your sorcerer a transport so you can transport whilst you transport
Can you summon khorne demons and summon from inside a rhino via its fire points
>what is forgeworld literally giving design rules in the black books
>not using a calculator, pen and paper
Plebs out
Tau would be better, for (You)
>implying it's not total war warhammer
Yep literally just what you put them in the list in and if it's clear enough

>everything in a detachment has to have the same chapter keyword for it to receive chapter traits/stratagems/etc
Im not saying you're wrong or trying to call you out, you are most likely right, but I'd like to se where it says that.

I'm sorry what did you mean in that last bit, I'm the guy with the Assault Marines.

My local GW announces on their Facebook when they get new players, and yep several updates in the last few weeks wonder if George Osborne still plays warhammer

That's actually the core concept, at least within a specific detachment.

>fire points
Don't exist, but yes khorne daemons love to be summoned. They don't even mind if an unmarked sorcerer summons them.

>dark angels

If they say veterans on your army list and point them out when deploying then as long as your opponent isn't an ASININE MORTAL he'll be fine with it

After 4 recent threads of people screeching about the difference between deepstriking 9'' and deepstriking MORE than 9'' away; I can see why people go full retard at first sight.

It has been grating.
But the abillity to add +1'' to charges was pretty neat and is actually an exception to the rule.

I just wish that the OP had explained himself instead of simply stating it matter-of-factly like all the other drones that want us to believe "all deepstrike charges are 8+ because deepstrike are 9'' away and so on and so forth."

OP was correct in the statement that you can easily get 8+ re-rollable charges with the character; but whether you can use BT chapter tactics or not is still being debated it seems.

It SHOULD be for power as well but I can't check right now. If it's not then daemon spam is back on the menu

Yes? But a list maker literally organises it so I can easily print it off as well. I've been doing this for 22 years, user. No need to be a prick. I know it must be hard for you, but try, for me, ok hun?

It's easier to organise on a program as I can just print it out and people can read it easier and there is no 'accidental' over points, which is so fucking common it's not even funny. 'Oh oops it's 10 points over ecks dee'.

>Don't exist

>What are repressors?

Khorne does not care where the blood flows, only that it flows
Better captcha

>I know it must be hard for you, but try, for me, ok hun?

... I dont like what these threads are turning me into

A non-chaos unit???