Horus Heresy General /hhg/

Rolled 2 (1d26)

Attack Pattern Glastonbury edition
Actual model posting subedition

Last thread the DarkMech and the Reductor competed for new toys and the XVIth got themselves a new Praetor. The Word Bearers argued over alignments and the Primarchs went to Animu Night. Treides designed yet more weird creatures and the Legion War Crimes Tourney was arranged. Anons debated 8e some more and the SoS beat up some poor bobby who was just helping a disabled Legionnaire across the street. All this and more in the last thread >Thread FAQ
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8 (embed)

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (not updated since January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp (embed) ()

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub (embed) ()
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764 (embed)

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447 (embed)

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318 (embed)

>STUFF ANONS ASK FOR
www49.zippyshare.com/v/aYWlVV9f/file.html
www32.zippyshare.com/v/heDZWytT/file.html

>Crimson King
www38.zippyshare.com/v/hT9jpwsK/file.html

>NEW Mega Folder
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/BHmZPH
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for big sisters

Oh, nice.
Alternate summary
Revenant Edition
War Crimes sub-edition
Among the ashes of the general the WB prowl once more, posting cool pics and pursuing god-aligned Vorbaccs. They're trying to use the Forgeworld's Tarot to contact Bligh's ghost. Destroyers and Mechanicum gather before Angelos' potato face and discuss the real reason on how 8E killed the world...and how it could save it. Anons take the Nails to rid themselves of the pain. We don't know what'll hapen with 30k, but the general...the general is forever.

Damage. A lascannon does D6 and has a lower AP than an autocannon, enabling one to do more damage more assuredly than an autocannon or two. When a model can have a dozen or two wounds, it makes weapons with lots of Damage useful. Also, nice to see lascannons and meltas have an effect on more than just T4 multi-wound models.

Is there a non-ant version of that pic?

BOG

Yum

I think most people like weapons not being suddenly completely useless when shooting at something outside their preferred target, like autocannons or lightning claws. That's the best part of 8E, instead of AP2 or gtfo.

Dead thread

I do too. Just saying those lascannons and meltas still have a place.

Shame reaper autocannons don't get Dmg. 2 like regular ones. 4 shots with 2 wounds each would have been nasty.

I wish bolter sisters were actually viable. Or bolters, for that matter. They just don't cut it against armoured enemies. Hell, are even Kraken bolts good enough?

Back in the heresy everybody had mean knives and swords. I'd think the most fitting sword for them would be the gladius, simply because legionnaires.
EVEN THOUGH the gladius was actually meant to be used alongside a shield, which many marines don't use, especially line soldiers.
Power gladii, instead of the broadswords seen in 40k.

They are good for a nuncio vox bubble wrap. Infiltrate them and deepstrike Custodes.

>Hell, are even Kraken bolts good enough?
They're better because 30" but AP4 isn't much of a bonus when marines are the common foe.

Every thread edition should just be called Ferrus from now on.

I don't really want a higher death rate; it'd be too unrealistic.

>what is reverse image search

>giving Ferrus a meme haircut
It's worse than his Chemosian one.

You get a high death rate regardless, your battlefields are just filled with Medusas and Phosphex instead of Bolters

I'd rather those were toned down rather than bolters buffed.

You win battles by getting the other side to run away.

>You win battles by getting the other side to run away.
And this is why the HH saw the invention of Commissars.

Word Bearer poster reporting for duty!

I think they look good, but you need to clean your lens and shine more light on your dudes!

Yes, it was a quick set up and the pics where taken with the phone. Thanks!

I can't decide if I like the new Sicaran variants or not. Heck, I'm not even sure I like the normal Sicaran's looks over the Deimos-pattern Predator. Some days I do. As a WS player I'm trying to convince myself that I want a whole bunch of Sicaran variants now that they cover a lot of bases.

Oddly enough, I never realized that the original tank's turret was a dome. The weapons and other additions fooled me into thinking it was square, and I liked it better that way.

Ferrus Edition, you say?

A thing that gets me the original pic

When did "hands" become "entire arm, and some shoulder"?

>A thing that gets me the original pic
Is this your first time on the internet?

>reverse image search
>click more sizes
>look at the 14th result

See if you can guess which one spent some time with the Emperor's Children.

Hey what the hell, it's a dome too.

All four are faggots :^)

I don't have it on me, but the section where a marine spends an entire page describing 30 seconds on Istvaan or however long is my favorite example of marine on marine combat. It would be like watching two supercomputers playing Go--they complete 10 matches before you blink and every time they're decided by errors so small you can't even notice them for a while. Can we stop for a second and appreciate the Imperial army officers that had to put up with that shit?

The same way WW2 was a level of carnage not seen before, so was the Heresy the new level of butchery, even more than the Great Crusade that had preceeded it.

Noice writing.

>I didn't ask for this.

They look lovely, as in screaming maniac insane axecrazy lovely.

Just quickly built my Telemon Dread. This fucker is huge.

How does it compare to Knights and such, given it costs almost as much as one? Normally I dislike the Custodes aesthetic, but that legitimately looks fucking cool.

Really like the tabard on the second lightning claw guy.

The Telemon is nice in that it somewhat covers a niche that Custodes generally struggle with, anti-infantry. Trouble is, it does so at an exorbitant price tag and it's not really capable of handling huge hordes, even with two arachnus.
On the upside, it is quite flexible with in whatever it wants to engage.

What I really want is a guardian spear variant with a built-in flamer instead of a shitty melta-type gun.
That way I might actually *want* to field Guardians.

I find loyalist legions boring. At least traitors have a before and after, even the ones that didn't really go chaos like the IW, while ones that dedicated themselves to a god got remade in their entirety.
Meanwhile, the IH are as cyborgy as they are in 40k, despite Ferrus being against cyberization. The UM are pretty much the same with less red helmets, despite the codex supposedly changing a lot of stuff. The DA still wear robes despite not being actual monks, and the BA are almost unchanged.
Booo.

>I generalize one thing, but not another.
>I am baffled that the generalized thing appears more generalized than the other thing.

- IW: Bitter siege fuckers before, bitter siege fuckers after
- WE: savage maniacs before, savage maniacs after
- WB: throngs of the faithful before, throngs of the faithful after (with a different focal point)
- DG: filthy, dirt-wallowing infantry force before, filthy, dirt-wallowing infantry force after
- AL: sneaky, tricksy bastards with no clear structure before, sneaky, tricksy bastards with no clear structure after
I could go on, but I'll stop here. Suffice to say, the only legion that really changed in any significant capacity were the SoH after Horus kicked the bucket.

I think was talking about the visual aspect. Loyalists only change style after division into chapters and even then the first founding chapters retain pretty much the same style as their original legions.

>- DG: filthy, dirt-wallowing infantry force before, filthy, dirt-wallowing infantry force after
You're right, he totally looks like a plague marine!! :OOO
Pre-heresy DG have dirty white at worst, Nurglites are tentacle-filled, green, and so bloated even their damn armour is fat.

I think it comes from the 40k chaos lord in terminator armour. I painted it as skin and then I used mephiston red very thinned for the chaos star

I always wondered why Forge World did them so yellowy. That would scream "Trench warfare" to me, and that's more the Iron Warriors' thing even if the DG did dabble in it a bit.

not only is it a dome, its a predator turret with more stuff tacted on.

Angelus when

i cri when angles deserv to die

Then he wouldn't have complained about the DA because they changed their color scheme after the war. And then changed their 1st company scheme after Plainsworld.

Which enemies are good to shoot if you got a squad of heavy bolters?

Solar auxilia, militia, thralls, recon scouts and so on are the things I can remember off my head. Which other units have a 4+ save in 30k?

Thallax, Ursarax, Scyllax if anyone is idiotic enough to take the latter, Vorax automata too but T6 might be irritating to wound reliably with S5. Still a worthwhile target in the absence of others.

So, mostly non-marine minorities.

>Which enemies are good to shoot if you got a squad of heavy bolters?
Terminators.

FW missed an opportunity to have some of the loyalists change significantly through the Heresy. Though not all - the DA are very different, and the SW, and I suppose the Isstvan V loyalists changed too but at the very start of it all. It makes sense that after Isstvan they'd start acting more like they do in M41 due to their reduced size.

BA are the biggest disappointment. They could have been written as being very different before losing Sanguinius... but no, they're already just like their 40k counterparts.

In the novels you see the WS change from happy-go-lucky to world-weary, but that isn't something that you can see in the models or in how they play.

The IF don't change either, except that they had different mentalities in the legion that later broke off into their own 2nd-founding chapters. That's fine, they were never really fleshed out in 40k anyway.

What do you expect? If any Marine unit save snipers lacked a 3+ or better save the Marine players would cry about them being too fragile and poor value.
>*Secutarii Intensifies*

;__; gib gud heavy bolters.

wtf I want to build a DA squad

Is it fluffy if I have a few box dreads to support my white scars biker army? I've read conflicting things and am not sure what to believe.

Look at those ridiculously weeny legs

The DA are different? How? Deathwing are Ravenwing are there, we're to assume the Consecrators (who even kept the same armour and colour scheme of the old legion) have the Dreadwing's weapons of mass destruction locked in a vault, and depictions of 30k angels are still wearing those damned hoods! Despite the notion of marines as warrior monks wouldn't come in millennia, since the Emperor was not seen as a god back then and fortress-monasteries were simply fortresses, since the legions were fleet based with an honour guard left at home.
And the Wolves are "different" in the way they're not "retarded furries" as their 40k incarnation.
RG, Sallies and IH have been the same since day one, the same for all other loyalists. Even the Fists didn't change, they just got placed on different chapters.

>Consecrators
>Dreadwing
Consecrators badge is the Firewing. If anything, Star Phantoms have the badge similar to the Dreadwing, yet none of the toys, though the disregard for collateral is there.

The Wolves are very different from their M32 onwards incarnation, if we go by both FW and BL.

The sallys do kind of change, they were a little bit mystical before the heresy but it really exploded in parts of the legion (see the whole ebon drake storyline) as the heresy went on. These changes during the war set up the chapter's mindset in 40k, which very much believes in prophecy and whatnot around the return of vulkan.

Given the difference between 8th and current HH stuff, is it possible to make an army that is compatible and maybe even effective in both systems? I planned on using HH models for my Chaos Marines painted as Sons of Horus with some Luna Wolf white armour for veterans and termies, wanted to know if I could port it over once it's done.

Same dilemma as you, trying to make LW force for both 8th and HH, but I would say in the grand scheme yes. As of right now, I feel it would be easier to convert a 30k army to a regular space marine army due to things like Cataphractti and tartaros having specific rules (Cataphractti have a 3++ without a storm shield but move 4" and advance half, tartaros move the full 6") and forgeworld did update their books for 8th so a lot of heresy era vehicles are usable to, just considered relics.

Chaos hasn't gotten as much if I'm not mistaken so you would have a lot of count as with your units... Basically the question is how daemonic are you trying to go?

Didn't plan on many daemons or chaos units, if any. Possibly some if I combine them with my Renegades, but I'm not sure

>If any
Guess it kinda comes down to if your army is taking some sort of fluff route in 8th. Depending on what renegade things you have you could always use imperial guard rules (not that there is a big difference minus chaos things)

Sort of wondering though, what - if you have one yet - is your armies theme supposed to be for the 30k version?

But didn't Vulkan set the prophecy for his return himself? And the Ebon Drake was one mistaken dude. Never got too much out of it.
It is strange that single chapter has a rite of war dedicated to them. Maybe it was because by that time the legion got so small.

We don't know much about them yet in 30k, but the focus on Unification-era tech is great, and it ties into the 40k DA's love of plasma while still being different and unique among the legions. If Angelus plays up the Destroyer stuff, that'll be great - especially if it sounds like the whole legion had a little bit of the character that goes into Destroyers.

I assume the hoods are a Calibanite affectation. It could be interesting if the Calibanites, despite (allegedly) losing, had a greater influence on the post-Heresy DA than the Terrans did. It adds to the theory that Luther's DA won and pretended to have been the Lion's troops after Imperial backup arrived.

Yeah, those guys. It doesn't help nobody knows what the Firewing's job is about.
And, like I said, the Wolves are different in the way they don't stick wolf tails everywhere, instead being knotfags in 30k.
Huh, maybe knot so different after all :^)

>obligatory skipped leg day joke

So I'm guessing this guy is forgeworld's nod to Saturnine termi armor, so we won't be seeing those. And in classic forgeworld style, it's a reboot needlessly twice the size. Just like the lancers.

The SW in 40k are known for being one of the nicer chapters towards civilians, and they're absolutely not used against other Imperial forces. There's your character difference right there. They mellowed out.

They're visually different too, with all that knotwork and the darker color. You should be able to tell right away that you're looking at a Heresy-era SW army.

Chogorians hate the thought of being interred in a Dreadnought. I would not use Dreads in a 40k WS army.

But in 30k, the legion has plenty of Terrans. A lot of them look racially similar to Chogorians, but they're from massive hives so they don't get claustrophobic. A brotherhood with a lot of Terrans would be more likely to inter their wounded in them. A Terran in a mostly-Chogorian legion might not be. Also, being Terran-heavy does not necessarily mean they would have tried to side with Horus and become sagyar mazan.

The bigger question is, how does your army work, fluffwise? A fully motorized army (bikes and Rhinos) moving long distances is not going to sit around and wait for dreadnoughts to catch up.

The biggest issues are that chainswords are not the same as generic close combat weapons, and you'd better check the points values on combiweapons because their rules in 8th mean they should cost a lot more (I haven't seen what they cost).

Massed flamer dudes in a Rhino didn't work in 7th because the guys in the back couldn't shoot if they'd hit their squadmates, but in 8th that's okay. Heavy tactical support guys are more flexible in 8th.

Combi plasma is 15, combi flamer is 11, combi melta is 17 or 18. And you can shoot it more than once and fire both barrels.

Imo combis are a steal in 8th ed.

Yeah, those are reasonable prices. I think people will shy away from taking 10-man combimelta squads due the cost, but if you build one for 7th ed you can just run a smaller squad in 8th.

Most of the Lion's troops during the battle were also Calibanite. The legion as a whole was largely Calibanite by the time of the Heresy and it's actually likely that Luther had a higher proportion of Terrans given Lion's apparent preference for relegating them to rear line roles in favor of his countrymen.

The bolt pistols on that are so damn cute

>kicked off the hhg discord again
but why tho

Lol what did you do?

When you stop asking about it

i have no idea
it just disappeared from my bar, the only thing i did was ask dd where he got a book from

its annoying though, i wasn't even told what i did wrong

discord.gg/BHmZPH

checked
also I'm apparently *banned*
i'm at a loss here boys

So you got kicked out from both HH discords?
Holy shit you're a bigger menace than I am.

like can someone at least find out why i was banned? this seems silly

i left the tg one for my own reasons, and then saber invited me to hhg so i would have somewhere to post my shitty models
i honestly dont understand why i was banned from hhg, and im not banned from tg

i dont even know who that is, but ok.
cheers for the ride, some of you.

Are you Fulgrm/Esdeathy? Or Eldrad?

If you're 'toastie' it's because your under 18, and we use Veeky Forums rules, if not then no idea
Why not post your models here in the general

Toastie is over 18 though. Not by much though.

And his models are paper models and you'd all laugh at them.

>under 18
also this
and also you're a nigger
:D

He said he was like 16 some months ago, in which case he grows faster than fucking Vulken
>paper models
Not if they're good

But yeah ignore this ever happened, we don't want drama to kill HHG for when Angelus finally comes out

Angelus will not save us, it's at least a year away and even then there's hardly any chance we're going to get a scan given all the scanbros have departed.

Drama already killed HHG
Oddly enough it didn't involve awg

also
>leave one server because i disagreed with them making it 18+
>other server bans me for a being under 18, despite me being over 18
well
at least kat wasn't actually an arsehole tbf
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I hate the sisters of silence models, they look so awkwardly posed and proportioned. They're like rejected Dark Eldar models that got done Imperial bits and thrown in Prospero at the last minute.

That's coz when he turns up in here he's absolute cancer for whatever reason and unites everyone active against him. Other stuff made this thread go to shit that's fuckall to do with namefag bullshit or even typical 4chinnery.