ITT: We try to build the Smuggest setting imaginable

Is this a good idea? Hell no!
Is it likely to devolve into magical realm Shit? Probably.
Is it a complete excersize in supidity? That's why we're doing it!

>The nation of vampires is led by a court consisting entirely of lolipires constantly trying to outdo one another in a complex game of politics, subterfuge, and haughty speeches about how inferior the others are compared to themselves.
>It's constantly at war with a theocratic nation.

Other urls found in this thread:

news.nationalgeographic.com/2016/04/160422-atheism-agnostic-secular-nones-rising-religion/
quora.com/Why-were-Galileos-ideas-censored/answer/Salvator-Vella
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>The theocratic nation has forced atheism as state religion, they wage wars to enlighten those religious savages.

>Paladins of Atheism pushing their lack of religion with all the pomp and jingoism of Catholic crusaders.

Oh god... That's smug.

>They're at war with the clerics of agnosticism.

Why do the athiests have a problem with lolipires?

Objectivism.

which are the objectivists?

Do they have an overly inflated self worth, value the arguments of philosophically illiterate biologists and drunks over actual philosophers, and commits just as many logical fallacies as everybody else but thinks they're absolutely logical?

>baaaaw someone refuted my grade school level apologism so now I have to cry on a Chilean couch sniffing forum
>Baaaaawww

It would be weird to have the internet style of athiest in a fantasy setting
I am not religious but Dawkins is a shit

this setting already claimed it's first victim

>philosophy can deny science

Final Fantasy already has you guys beat.

>>The nation of vampires is led by a court consisting entirely of lolipires constantly trying to outdo one another in a complex game of politics, subterfuge, and haughty speeches about how inferior the others are compared to themselves.
>>It's constantly at war with a theocratic nation.

Sounds like Eberron.

>>Secret vampire in charge of totally not germany.
>> Opposed by state church led by a half-dragon vampire loli who is the last of the Uchiha
>> At odds/war with a theocratic nation led by a loli pope with a giant monster dog as a pet/guardian.
>>Loli pope is super powerful but only within not-rome.

Having the most religious paraphernalia and outwardly recognisable signs of devotion to God is part of being the best and therefore the most smug.

The fact that the lolipires do all sorts of heinous shit any time they are not at church is something they never bring up.

Same as they did in the Icemark series: faulty Scientific reasoning. That which cannot be explained by science must therefore be eliminated in order to keep the scientific truths accurate.

We have a smug. The setting is beginning to take shape in our world.

Sounds kinda like the New Atheists at an actual philosophical debate with professionals. Polemiacs have a hard time beating actually studied people like actual atheist philosophers.

The setting is shit I am just here to post mug loli vamps.

Yes.

I feel like I should recognize this smugpire.

Can't stand the idea of a smugger race

You really should

gib artist name

Hell, I might have made that particular crop a while ago.

I am honored to meet you acquaintance

Hey, Vol is a Half Dragon Elf Lich Loli! Vampire Lolis don't have shit on her.

Any and all divinities in this world are nubile goddesses who delight teasing mortals.

Wendy should be a goddess of industry and commerce in the setting... basically the major deity of a capitalist nation hellbent on conquering surrounding nations and manufacturing cheap food.

The Atheistic Theocratic nation is actually headed by the loli-pope and the avatar of a Destruction God, who wants to kill off all deities, hence the atheism.

Also, Vampirism gives you eternal youth... and the form of youth. All vamps are lolis or
shotas. The shotas tend to be prettier than the lolis, and they know this. There's a lot of smugness coming from the crossdressers who wear the Gothic Lolita outfits better than the lol is.

...this setting is terrible. I love it.

The most powerful individuals in the setting are those that are immune to smugness - they simply fail to react whenever someone tries to be smug, and this shakes the mind of the one who tries to be smug so badly that he or she enter a state of cognitive dissonance.

Theres an entire nation of elves which kidnap men and women and everyone thinks fuck them.

But in reality their just teaching their children how to belittle people and act better than them till adolescence, ie, 60 years.

Literal children being taught how to be smug using you as a tool.

You know... as smug as online atheism used to be, I think we've reached the point where people being smug about smug atheists has more than eclipsed the atheist smugness itself.

First, we have to define smug. Taken from a online dictionary, the definition of smug is
1:contentedly confident of one's ability, superiority, or correctness; complacent.
2:trim; spruce; smooth; sleek.
The origin of the word according to the dictionary is from 1545-55; perhaps < from the Middle Dutch word smuc; meaning neat, pretty, or nice.
Then, we must find a way to have as many people, animals, plants, and things as possible, as smug as possible.
Perhaps there is a hierarchy of smug? With the smug god being at the top and the smug worm being at the bottom? Maybe every creature is 100% certain in their superiority over all else, so they are all smug? But how would they retain their smugness once they meet another creature that is also completely certain in it's superiority? Would their conversations consists of
>implying you'll ever know the warmth of a molehill home
>implying you'll know the freedom of the sky
all day? Or is there something more to it? Is war from two equally or unequally smug entities inevitable? Is our own reality the result of such smug? Can smugness be experienced by a gestalt of entities? Are bees in beehives individually smug, or collectively smug? Why would they cooperate together if they were so smug? This brings up another question. Would the origins of extremely smug lifeforms, who I will from now refer to as ESL, be more smug coming from a sexually reproducing species or an asexually reproducing species? Being capable of creating entire potential species or families with no help from anyone else is quite a reason to be confident in your superiority, but the domination of a female or male over their other counterpart also produces confidence in one's superiority. But this comes with prerequisites to make the smuggest ESLs possible. They would have to be confident in their superiority beyond all measure or reason suggesting otherwise, or the domination of one sex over another would have to be universal to their species.

South Park did it.

But this makes for another problem. What reason would a routinely dominated and outcompeted sex have to be smug? There would be little. So in order to make the smuggest ESL species or entities possible, we need a reason for why every living thing, or as many as possible, would have to be smug. Perhaps if the dominated sex was mindless, like a living onahole or semen dispenser, there would be maximum smug for that given species. This is a wasted potential for smug, but I cannot think of any reason why the dominated ESL sex would be smug. But the previous theory brings up new questions. Would an artificial species, like homunculus, Artificial Intelligence, or be smugger than naturally reproducing species, sexual or asexual? Perhaps a theorized collective consciousness(like the tyranid hive mind, mass effect reapers/geth, or the orz, to name some well known examples) would be smugger than an individual could hope to be? But would that classify as smug, since it is not one single entity? A hive entity definitely does conventionally have more resources and flesh at it's disposal than an individual, barring some magic or superpower shenanigans. Like if you were a loli vampire for instance. Loli vampires could be the most smug creatures of all. Now that I have remembered what it was I came to this thread for, I am going to research this possibility more with my dick.

Vampires are harmed by holy objects, which calls into question the validity of atheism, so they must be destroyed lest the people become tempted by faith.

No, holy objects have no affect on vampires. Only atheist literature harms them, thus proving that atheism is the one true faith.

But atheist literature can make anything kill itself, user. It has no special vampire-slaying powers.

There is a nation ruled by wizards. The wizards are led by the strongest magic-user, who is determined by a system of academic duels with a stringent set of rules. In these duels, a person who goes more than 1 minute without casting a spell is considered to have exhausted all their spells, and loses. The total time limit for the match is 10 minutes, and bonus points are awarded for countering an enemy's spells.

After centuries of metagaming within a society revolving around these duels, all magic in the kingdom has devolved into counterspells. Most wizards are utterly incapable of casting any sort of spells other than a counterspell. The tournaments consist of one of the mages opening with a delayed-cast counterspell, and his opponent trying to counter it.

I love this.

>until recently a vast empire of increasingly smug noblemen dominated the continent, flaunting their seeming superiority over those they conquered
>until recently, when three little words tore the whole thing apart, toppling thrones and throwing off the balance of honor duels and wordplay that held the aristocratic smugpile together

This. The last time I saw a genuine smug atheist in the wild was like... 2014 maybe. Le fedora man maymay, however, is still inevitably launched at anyone who expresses a lack of belief in religion.

Your side lost infidel.

>"No, thank you."

news.nationalgeographic.com/2016/04/160422-atheism-agnostic-secular-nones-rising-religion/

Smug Atheists had reason to be smug, because Atheism so thoroughly demolished religion in the public war of ideas that it's victory seemed complete.

Then blind fanaticism struck from a different direction to fill the void left by religion in the guise of Social Justice, and the smug atheists weren't so smug after being ostracized for being problematic shitlords.

Atheism threw the baby out with the bathwater when it demolished religion, but failed to provide adequate replacements for the moral philosophies that were packaged into religion.

Turns out that "lol relativism bro" doesn't lend itself to a well functioning society, and now any form of secular ethics that tries to rectify this has to fight a two-way battle with both religion and relativism.

It's no wonder people are returning to religion. It may be bullshit but it doesn't result in your society self-destructing.

I still see them today. That Quora website has plenty of them. Not just the "Dawkins > Every Religion" kind but the "Atheism dindu nuffin" & "Religion = mentally insane" kind.

>It would be weird to have the internet style of athiest in a fantasy setting
Godbound did it with the Atheocracy if Lom, it works.

>Quora
>that left-wing circlejerk
You mean that cite filled people who continue to spew inaccurate shit when they're not advertising themselves?
quora.com/Why-were-Galileos-ideas-censored/answer/Salvator-Vella
You got people in the comments regularly talking shit about them

Search the net more. As some have said, sites like quora are teeming with those kind. Smug, condescending, finding any excuse they can to handwave a historical consensus whom they disagree with.

>monks of agnosticism
>monks don't care and just outright ignore the atheistocracy.

>kills vampires
>no vampire slaying powers
Pick one.
It works.

This is actually pretty true. Whenever I see anything by Dawkins that isn't biology, I become ashamed of my own species.

I am pretty sure that science can deny science though

Vampire King and Queen were the best characters.

I don't understand why people like smug. Can you explain it to me? Smug has never come off as particularly attractive or endearing to me in any way.