Paizo Games General /pgg/ (also /pfg/)

Paizo Games General /pgg/ (also /pfg/)

What are your favorite natural attack builds? Wrath daevics can go and stay go.

/pfg/ Link Repository (Pathfinder): pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
/sfg/ Link Repository (Starfinder): pastebin.com/3GfJKi0y
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1sWZd7FGh7CibunEVeIrDvQufTEGnOseIHl9c4NGcrhg/edit
d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/fighter/archetypes/paizo-fighter-archetypes/lore-warden-adventurers-guide/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Wrath daevic.

Wereboar skinwalker barbarians with the beast totem.

Claw/claw/bite/hoof/hoof/gore by level 6 last I checked

We using this thread?

Sure.

Aberrant Aegis with natural attack veils and Broken Blade. Also Wrath Daevics because fuck you.

If I wanted to make a Jojo-esque character, what class? I was thinking summoner

no

Any katana / nodachi PoW build. You have such skill, the sword is as an extension of your arm, so your katana folded 10000000000000 times is actually a Natural Weapon.

What will it take to declare PLD as having gone too far?

Cry more faggot

>by level 6
You're doing it wrong then, you can have all of that by level 4

When the final boss is leaked and its name is PFG.

Has Blood of the Sea been posted yet?

Kind of interested in the new Gillmen/other race shit.

My personal favorite is the sneakstack raw exploit abomination brawloradin.

Not only are you natattacking, you're also a super support for the team.

In a game with no magic items is, a part from running away of this game, +2 to two stats as human a better idea than the feat?

PLD already went too far when they posted logs of rape scenes to the thread. Their atonement is still a work in progress, but for argument's sake, let's say that "too far" would be when one of Vult's outbursts becomes more than just whining for attention.

Gimmicky beast strike club+ transferrence vellum druid stuff for improved natural attack and strong jaw on a butcher axe. Something like 48d6 at most given that the strong jaw doubles damage dice if you go past colossal. Potentially more if the GM also allows colossal+ damage increases

I know it's in poor taste to constantly whine about the discipline errata, but I'd really like to play with fixed Broken Blade+Fool's Errand+Nat Attacks.

Posting again. So I never got the criticism for DHB's character Talathel. "Too evil" seems like really strange criticism for an evil character in an evil campaign.

desire to know more intensifies

One time I raped a animal with my orc baransrisn

You're missing Zealot after 3 Aegis with Primal Fury strikes and Golden Lion Command.
Also size stacking.

Please respond

It was the wrong kind of evil for what the GM wanted, basically. It wasn't "too evil" so much as "incorrect evil".

It involves an obnoxious amount of dipping, Racial Heritage (Ratfolk), DCO Misfortune+Iroradin double reroll aura, and 3 levels that give you 5d6 sneak attack because paizo are fucking dumb and can't write rules.

I sincerely hope nobody ever plays the damn thing, because it would make the eyes of the GM fucking bleed.

How do I expand my vocabulary, lads? I used to be so loquacious, but how I'm quite taciturn!

Unfortunately there isn't anything specifically to make big guys stealthy. You're stuck optimizing like a small guy and being worse.

Go incorporeal, incorps can't be detected through sound at all.

Get a hat of greater disguise to become small.

Anything that can grant teamwork feats to allies, and a bunch of unseen servants, and give them all stealth synergy.
Then get some way to get invisibility.

That's effectively +35 stealth. Should be plenty.

>A GM who actually knows how the game works and what exploitsto look out for.
Y'know, I used to hate you, but now I think you're a pretty cool guy

Very well

stop being a tryharding faggot and go read a book. and anything with less than 600 pages is not a book.

Just intimidate them into ignoring you. Nobody's going to acknowledge you if you are twice their size and have the ability to destroy the world.

There's a book called "The Words You Should Know to Sound Smart" by Robert Bly. Just go read that

DISCIPLINE ERRATA WHEN

I banned Initiator classes because I don't know enough about how PoW works to make those calls by case. I feel similarly out on deep water with some of the psionic stuff. Thankfully, I have people to ask for help about stuff like that, so yeah.

And besides, being hated is better than being forgotten. Most of the time, anyway! now go write an app, user

bumpo?

I didnt hate you for banning Initiators. I hated you because You told me to kill my baby, and I lost the drive to build for a good while because of it

Depends on what you're making

I wasn't thinking of a Krod-style character, I wanted to realize the stealth equivalent of an ogre mage in terms of subverting big = dumb and clumsy expectations

I still hate you for banning initiators.

Doesn't need to be Krod-style. You just need to be an inquisitor

I notice there's no response to these valid complaints for why people don't want to app to Essentia. Ded gaem bamboozle like the first Essentia?

Options are Magus or Sohei/Enlightened Pal

Magus probably would like the feat more.

It went too fucking far months ago.

When
G U L A G
U
L
A
G
ends.

I dunno, starting with 18 on Int and Dex/Str seems pretty attractive, specially knowing that if I start with 16 I'm not going to see a +2 item pretty much ever, I can get feats by leveling 2 levels, I can't get a +2 till I level 8 levels. Also we start at 5th level.

>I notice there's no response to these valid complaints for why people don't want to app to Essentia
You do know there are some people who DO like that kind of shit?

It's like saying someone complaining they don't want to app to, say, PLD, because they don't enjoy monster rape, and then someone else saying "PLD is a bamboozle because no-one responded to valid complaints".

If a game panders to everyone who DOESN'T want to actually join in, then it's going to crash and burn hard.

He asked why some people didn't want to app, got more than one person saying why on the same subject, and it just got conveniently ignored. He WILLINGLY asked for this, so he should give a damn response even if it's only, "Shit sucks sorry, that's just what I want to do." Those posters aren't asking for it to be changed after all you illiterate cockgobbler.

How long until it comes full circle and goes too far again?

When you charge with a lance while mounted does "double the damage" mean roll once, double the result or "roll twice the amount of dice and apply bonuses a second time"?

Are we seeing the end of the meme cycle? There aren't any games left!

I'm sorry for your loss, but sometimes you've gotta make hard decisions. Check yourself before you rek yourself, and all that.

Have you gotten your inspiration back yet? What ideas do you have? Tell us about them!
Well I still hate most of PoW like it's the fucking plague, so hey. Like I'll be the first to admit the system has fun stuff in it, and some of the other stuff (like Deadly Agility etc) that PoW offers is sorely needed, but as a system it's just fucking dumb to work with for the GM. Psionics under transparency can work with normal magic, and if you do have one among your players you don't have to really change much in response. Same for (most) SoP stuff, as well as the great majority of other popular 3pp options. But having Initiators literally invalidates the existence of anything that isn't an Initiator. This means all martial enemies must be buffed to be Initiators themselves to be of relevance, and obviously stuff like big beasties can't really do that, so they become non-issues very easily.

I'm afraid the explanation is much simpler than that
archi is asleep

Mythic campaign WHEN?!

>you will never snuggle a cute, sleepy DM

Why go on?

You'll regret it, I played two few years ago, fucking awful unbalanced shit, even worse than vanilla PF

The futile hope that someone might one day care for you the way you care for them?

Having high op initiators*
That's why you just have to screen apps for anything blatantly silly
That's like disallowing casters because they can make martials less than useful

aaaaa I want to be an unrequited love!

>What ideas do you have? Tell us about them!
WEll, its not for your game, however I have been kicking around the idea for an Occultistbuilt that's kinda neat. Its a Combat based based Haunt Collector that uses a dip in the Blind Samurai archetype from SoP and other cool stuff. Its certainly not optimal it only uses 1handed weapons, and an Ankus at that, but I like it

Anyone interested in a short (level 1 prologue, level 3 start, running to a level 8 ending) campaign wherein Akashic veilweaving, Psionic manifesting, and Occult/Psychic magic (alongside limited, as in only 6th-level initiators, Path of War initiating of course) are the only forms of magic. No Arcane, no Divine, just those forms of magic and martial stuff. Any takers?

Eh, some people might but not me

>mega low level
God no, even though I like those systems.

Potentially

Roll double the dice.

It's only low level because I don't have TIME To run another long-spanning campaign.

>no full initiators
How about you fuck off?

Well seeing as you're probably not actually Wist, and I know there's a short list of people who fake being Wist, you might just be.

Full initiators are nearly as cancerous as full casters, just in different ways.

You can still be a hidden blade, a psyarm warsoul, or a warpath follower though.

>this post

Tell me about a cool but shit 1PP archetype that you wish was better. What's wrong with the archetype? Did you ever try to use it, and if so did you know it was shit going in?

Feyspeaker Druid. Can we please get a CHA druid that isn't absolutely worthless?

Also Kapenia Dancer, because fuck Diminished casting. It's like they have to saddle all these cool archetypes with negative shit just to spite people. SASUGA etc.

Wildsoul Arachnid
>What's wrong with the archetype?
Weak as fuck, like srly. It basically gets 3+Stat uses of tanglefoot bag like feature like at 6th level, long distance grab unatended items at 10+th level and swing like spiderman at 18th level. For a NotSpiderman char is pure bs, people are like flying at will by 6th level and you have to wait to 18th level to swing around tall buildings? fuck off paizo

Eldritch Scion.
It basically kills the class it's made for and doesn't work without a lot of houserules fixing it.

SWORDLORD

What, exactly, is the difference between incorporeal and ethereal? Both mechanically and lore-wise. Also, how do incorporeal and ethereal creatures interact with each other? Would it break anything if I just treated both as the same thing?

Yooo, I need some ideas for a short game. 3-5 sessions, hopefully. Meme me up.

Incorporeal means you're not solid. Ethereal means you're in the ethereal plane.

Hunting the white Stag as to present the noble beast's flesh to a wedding.

You just like posting that picture of Catmere, don't you?

Incorporeal just means you can move through solid objects. Ethreal is basically that you're on a whole other plane of reality, and as such can't interact with the material plane in any meaningful way, and can barely sense your surroundings, and are invisible at the same time.

Incorporeal is useful for moving through obstacles and being in combat, while Ethreal is really only good for infiltrating someplace that's near inaccessible

So ghosts, which are incorporeal, and, uh... Someone using the Ethereal Jaunt spell. They would pass through each other without interacting, just like a ghost would a regular creature? But two incorporeal creatures are solid to each other, as are two Ethereal creatures?

I've been aaaaaaing since the day I was born and I refuse to sit down and let Wist hold a monopoly over aaa, aaaaaaaaaaaa

exactly

The 4th casting fighter archetype, Child of Acavna and Amaznen, is a really cool idea, especially since it gets cantrips. It is unfortunately trash in ways that transcend trash, by virtue of fucking up basic casting shit (needing swift actions to partially ignore some SFC, instead of the more common "can wear x without incurring SFC") and trading too damn much for too damn little.

The Steelbound Fighter is a fucking AMAZING CONCEPT, a fighter who's so connected to weaponry it becomes an intelligent item? That shit's fucking rad! But... You incur PENALTIES if you're not carrying or wielding that particular weapon? And you lose access to AWT's, arguably the only thing keeping the fighter relevant, all for some piddly SLAs? What the fuck?

Construct Rider and Promethean Alchemist, no explanation needed

Storyteller, Kami, and Reanimated Medium

>Your character is sitting in a tavern
>They knock back their drink
>DM asks for will save
>DM says you've failed a will save versus a love potion a scheming NPC desperate for your character's affection spiked your drink with

How do you react to this sequence of events? Do you play along, or give your DM shit for forcing your PC to fall in love?

Lore Warden. It's even been improved recently by Paizo, funnily enough. The only thing I want is for monster-identification to be offer significant benefits. +2 Attack/damage for a couple rounds as a standard action (Move at 7th level when you get another ability, then Swift at levels no one plays) is an embarrassment of a reward for going through with maxing 6 noncombat skills to become the monster expert man (on a 4+Int chassis), not to mention giving up all the other things Armor Training could have been traded for.

Depending on the theme and tone of the campaign, my response could vary from "I'm perfectly fine with this turn of events as it feels appropriate for the campaign" to "This is unacceptable and I need to have a serious talk about the DM about how this should have no place here".

>It's even been improved recently by Paizo

Wasn't it nerfed by Paizo a long time ago? How did they buff it, was it just removing the old nerf?

Here you go folks, Queen Lua Culdranth's Demesne Setting Document.

docs.google.com/document/d/1sWZd7FGh7CibunEVeIrDvQufTEGnOseIHl9c4NGcrhg/edit

You may now use The Demesne in your games. Also this is a rough document so if you find anything wrong please comment. Also if you have any suggestions, please comment.

>It's even been improved recently by Paizo, funnily enough.
It's been just nerfed in a recent book, mates.
The nerf completely killed the archetype, making it unplayable. Here's the post-nerf Lore Warden:
d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/fighter/archetypes/paizo-fighter-archetypes/lore-warden-adventurers-guide/
It's utter garbage

Some parts are nerfed, Know Thy Enemy has a 1/2 level duration but now includes AC at 11th and an increased bonus later. Combats last longer than the duration at low levels, but individual creatures do not so it's not a big deal.

Man, I liked the original version best, where you got a big scaling bonus to your CMB for all maneuvers.

Why did they suddenly come back to this ancient-ass archetype, though?