ITT: Settings you'd like to play a game in

ITT: Settings you'd like to play a game in

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=m0sbqnkFFhQ
youtu.be/uzBO0XV6Jps?t=14s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

DUST. Trying to recruit for a game, but the setting is pretty niche.

Monster Hunter.

Mistborn

Mortal Kombat.

MK would also make, in the right hands, a kickass fantasy novel series.

Stormlight Archive

Retro Hyrule

Stalker

Cheeki Breeki

Leviathan. All Biopunk, all the time. Apart from the Dieselpunk landship walkers and the WW1-era battlefields and politics. Yes, all the art is this good.

>Island shaped like a dragon
shit-tier/10

My fucking lads

Uplift Trilogy. I believe that DID have an RPG, for a while, but I can't find the damned thing for love nor money. I want my Neo-dolphin underwater gunfights and properly 3D space battles, dammit.

That /v/ thread was great

Homestuck. don't hit me

Wolfenstein. Dunno what system I'd use for it, maybe Savage Worlds?

I really don't like biopunk because of all the body-horror. Squicks me out real bad.

If the Cosmere cinematic universe doesn't flop some of this might be a reality one day.

I've been working on a Fate Core adaptation of Twig, which is another heavily biopunk setting. It makes for an interesting as hell setting.

It could be done, but would have to deviate heavily from canon to actually be playable. Something just inspired by it would probably work best.

Christ do I want it to succeed.

Part of me doesnt want it to come off the ground so the Cosmere isn't sullied by Hollywood

Not much of that in Leviathan other than a really brief bit in Book 3 about a healy creature. Like one paragraph. Mostly it's just cool as shit worldbuilding and creatures, even if the plot gets a bit derailed for a while over a random romance. Still worth a read, and it's three short books.

Is that one of the other web serials by Wildbow? Read Worm, found it mediocre but a good fanfic platform, haven't tried the others.

Details please, can always use some more biopunk inspiration for my Magos Biologis.

Legend of Mana. I have always loved that setting just so much.

pic related

>would have to deviate heavily from canon to actually be playable
>look for systems
>basically 1:1 conversions of canon-to-tabletop
Shit's so bad.

This glorious lunacy.

youtube.com/watch?v=m0sbqnkFFhQ

this fellow
has it right worst map design right there

>MK would also make, in the right hands, a kickass fantasy novel series
God damn it, you're right! Also now I want this.

My Matoran

One day...

My absolute nigga.
In my 5e game, the players are currently searching for an artifact, purported to give the wearer an impenetrable shield, called "The mask of Hau" in an abandoned temple. None of them have noticed yet...

The World of Twelve is so flavorful.

also this. holy fuck.

Come to think of it, I would actually love to play a Discworld campaign, with a good GM of course.

Dragonlance, easy peasy.

So much to use that will never come to be in my RPGS

Either The Incredibles or My Hero Academia.

Mainly Academia though, since I feel that would let you make a lot more from a lot less.

Barring those, maybe Treasure Planet I guess. Never seen the movie but I've seen a lot of art of it

did they update the wakfu worldmap? I remember it dofurently

We actually had so many Bionicle threads that I'm surprised nothing more specific came out of them. Only some loose bits from what I know.

Probably because it'd be a bitch to make a system out of it
good luck trying to make classes for every fucking element in bionicle

More like the bad future of a very popular setting, but then again I'm a pleb.

Wouldn't it be easier to have a small number of classes with the elements acting as archetypes or soemthing?

Is there really all that much to it? I only really know it from the first wave they had of toys, but they're just a bunch of robots that fight other robots in volcanos and jungles and shit right? They basically just have their specialties and interchangeable masks

Wonder what system could work for this, or if I'd need to try to homebrew something.

An acquaintance of an acquaintance with a mind-bogglingly large collection of Lego Technic stuff tried writing one.

It was weird. Everything was weird.
The mechanics were weird.
The writing was weird.
The guy was weird.
The test session's organization was weird.
His apartment was weird.
His wife was weird.
His baby son was... actually, just a regular screaming toddler.
My point is, it was weird.

Fiasco.

IT WAS A COLD AND SNOWY DAY.

youtu.be/uzBO0XV6Jps?t=14s

Treason or not, I imagine Paranoia would lend itself well to TF2

Actually, go with what this guy said instead. I was trying to think of a system that would work for an actual campaign instead of Fiasco, and I somehow forgot Paranoia existed. got it exactly right.

Dragon's Dogma.
Disgaea.
Primal Rage.
Touhou.

Dragon's Dogma's setting isn't really anything special by any fantasy rpg standard. It's just a video game with fun mechanics.
Also I'm pretty sure there is a Touhou RPG, but I have no idea if it's actually good or not

>Nothing special.
user, had CAPCOM let the game be fully completed, you would've been travelling to the moon to fight elves.

But they didn't. Also I don't remember hearing about Elves, only a PvP area. Still it's a shame that that stuff never made it in, and the only real sequel is an MMO that I can't play in English. It's probably one of my top 5 vidyas

>Also I'm pretty sure there is a Touhou RPG
There is.
>but I have no idea if it's actually good or not
It's unplayable. They just forgot the spell card rules despite them apparently being an important part of the system.

Peter Watts' Blindsight/Echopraxia setting. Probably would have to dumb shit down or focus on the shiny things and maybe avoid vampire PCs but I'd fucking love it.

It'd probably be pretty easy to write up a quick oneshot of some poor bastards stuck in a necromorph outbreak on some backwater colony or spacestation, actually.

>It's probably one of my top 5 vidyas.
Mine too. The difficulty, especially, just gave you that feeling of slowly going from "utterly forgettable hick fisherman" to "motherfucking badass Arisen, Drakes better swerve" as you progressed in levels.
And the first time Garm showed up in Bitterbutt will always stay with me. Namely the terror I felt when they shrugged off Great Cannon shots, knocked me down, and killed me in two shakes of their heads.

And then I went into Midnight Helix and saw the Condemned Gorecyclops.
And then the Cursed Dragon made its appearance.

And then Strigoi.

I had some notes lying around for a DRYH one-shot set on the moon with a necromorph-like thing going on, once.

Definitley would be best in a system/with a group who were good at bullshitting tech solutions to problems like most the game's weapons.

There was an idea in one of those threads which I really liked with a system in which you would basically buy parts of your character for points, like if you were building an actual Bionicle, with different parts giving you different abilities and bonuses. It sounds perfect for the setting and there apparently even is a system with something like that, on which he wanted to base it.

>Tfw you recently finished the last of all the availbe cosmere books

My niggas. Very excited for Oathbringer.

Legend of Dragoon
Brutal Legend
Suikoden
Borderlands (Not on Pandora but other worlds)
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Discworld
Wakfu
Any cape setting
Shadowrun

>Brutal Legend
That game had no right to be as good as it was with how entirely different it played vs how it was advertised. Still though, it'd make a great setting.

The amount of Sanderson love in this thread is astounding

I've been actually wanting to write a Brutal Legend-like TTRPG setting and system for years, but I always have other projects at the moment so I can't properly start with it. At least I have a nice amount of ideas piling up, so I hope it'll be good when I finally get to it

Best children's book series, coming through

i'd love to play in the guild wars setting, or at least a ruleset that use the spell/skill system it has

Bloodborne.
Metal Gear Rising.

Soul Sacrifice Delta

I have a setting wrote up I was going to run for a friend after he played the game, but he hasn't gotten around to doing it yet. Basically a sequel based a few hundred years after the game itself. Was going to be freeform/narrative since he's not to big on systems. It's a setting i've always wanted to RP in, but the one RP Board I found for it died due to lack of interest and no story.

You could probably run Metal Gear Rising Revengeance, you have to say the whole thing, in M&M. It's sufficiently over the top.

A good old evil campain

Picture fucking related.

One day, my n'wah. These days we're lucky if we can even find a Skyrim game.

JUUUST
SIT RIGHT BACK AND YOU'LL HEAR A TALE
A TALE OF A FATEFUL TRIP
THAT STARTED FROM THIS TROPIC PORT
ABOARD THIS TINY SHIP

Best Druid?

I know KSBD gets memed on Veeky Forums a lot, but I'd seriously love to be in a game about it

Shin Megami Tensei. Mainline too, leave Persona for the other campaign.

Dishonored using Blades in the Dark.

Y'know, I can see how some of Sanderson's work could feasibly play out as RPGs.

Hell, half his characters feel like someone tried to minmax and then fucked up.

"So I have max ranks in Polearms and Medicine and as a drawback I took Hatred (Nobles). Shouldn't be a problem as long as somebody else can interact with them for me"
>The rest of the party is nobles
"ffffffffFFFFFFFFFFF-"

"How can you not have enough skill points to do a basic defense?"
"I put all my points into Summon(Chalklings), How did you max out all your skills and still have enough points to take the Rithmatist trait"
"...you have to buy the rithmatist trait?"

"I pick up the shardblade. As a surgebinder, that means I should get bonuses for using it, right"
"...roll willpower"
"Does a three pass"
"No. Kal, roll medicine"

A game where you are in a gang and have to fight other gang members using mostly fists, bats, knives and anything else you can grab. It mostly has to do with you getting stronger both physically and within the gang.

>Wakfu

That setting is just made for games.

Mistborn already has an RPG.

You guys know there is already a Mistborn RPG right?

Yeah, but I heard it was crap.

tower of god has some cool classes and pretty much unlimited possibilities

>all the art is this good.
All the art is impossible to take in because your eye keeps getting distracted by the fact that Finland is clearly a penis?

I'm now picturing playing as a Foundation Merchant Prince in a slightly toned down Rogue Trader.

HOLY FUCK YES