Call me a faggot but I think an RPG based on the rules of the Lego Universe movies would be pretty nifty

Call me a faggot but I think an RPG based on the rules of the Lego Universe movies would be pretty nifty.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/TzGK1kSRGBo
youtube.com/watch?v=sZSYYiATFTI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Unironically Risus.

"Master Builder" the unofficial lego movie universe RPG?

Each player starts by constructing their own minifigure, then we give them a few key stats, and some special quirks, or qualities... Players are encouraged to create a communally shared pile of lego pieces from which to build...

Oh, okay, dumb idea regarding the mechanics: players have a chi-pool, like, that mechanic from Legend of the Five Rings? But, instead of being Chi, it is "Studs". Players can conjure up bricks with a number of Studs equal to however many Stud they spend during their action, right? And, of course, all blocks are worth their relative number of Studs to connect together... Like, if you need a 1x4 straight, you pull out 4 studs, and boom, you pull it out of the environment, no problem.

Okay, like, Quirk / Example: Batman has "I only work in Black, or Dark Grey" which lets him draw extra studs of those colors when his action comes around. Something like that?

Faggot

Faggot

I agree with you, but you just asked me to call you a faggot. So I figured why not?

You're a fag, but you're right.

Okay. "You're a faggot!"

Thats the sluttiest top for a lego minifigure Ive ever seen.

I'd play with a faggot GM in this setting.

>Makes stupid dad joke
>Gets pissy when other character makes another stupid dad joke
I have only seen this panel of this comic, but I can only conclude that guy is an asshole

Those guys were perfect at this movie. The amount of detail they put into every single little brick, like that, even the mold line on Emmet's hairpiece. It was all quality. You can tell the animators had a love and appreciation for the subject matter.

I am actually looking forward to this
youtu.be/TzGK1kSRGBo

Oh shit, it's going to be in the same style, I thought it'd be like the kids show where it was all bendy CG.

what would combat be like?

Nope. It will be on par with the lego movie and the batman movie.

I really think WB is going to try doing a lego cinematic universe. Think about it:

They used the lego movie to establish a multiverse exists. Then we got the batman movie. Now this. And I think they will try to explore other Lego IPs. All working up to some really grand team-up. Imagine Batman, Emmet, L-loyd (from ninjago) and whoever else from the other movies teaming up to take down some big bad, kinda like Lord Business, but bigger

If WB can play nice with Disney, could you see a Lego Star Wars movie done by the same company?

I actually really like how they basically took the YouTube stopmotion style of Lego and took it to its logical extreme with studio banking and actually being CGI. It creates a really unique sort of animation that really maximizes their choice of "material" so to speak. The script is above average if nothing special, but I'd go to these movies just to see the animation because it's just incredible.

I agree. I think the Lego Movie was a completely unseen hit. Nobody expected anything nearly as good as it was. Everyone was expecting a 2hr long toy commercial, instead we got a 2hr long toy commercial with a ton of heart and a very entertaining animation and story.

These guys could make a Lego Friends movie in this style and humor and I'd go see it

Oh fuck, could you imagine a lego classic space? Space Police (unitron allies) conflicts with Blacktron (and their Spyrius allies). Ice Planet 2000 playing a part. Put the pic related meme on the big screen!

Sorry guys, I know this isn't /tv/ or /toy/, but i cant help bug get excited for the prospect of my favorite childhood toy in good movies

Brik Warz?

>adult themes
>Lego
thinking.jpg

PDF related has rules for rebuilding parts of the scenery into useful items within a time limit.

>Oh fuck, could you imagine a lego classic space? Space Police (unitron allies) conflicts with Blacktron (and their Spyrius allies). Ice Planet 2000 playing a part. Put the pic related meme on the big screen!

The Lego Movie 2 is going to be a "space musical" so you can probably expect a lot of appearances by minifigs from the 1980s-1990s space lines.

Don't forget to watch the Ninjago movie

youtube.com/watch?v=sZSYYiATFTI

>Risus
No. RISUS sucks ass. It's basically the "ultra-lite freeform generic RPG system that works for everything but is good for nothing and also it fits on one page because that's a good reason to play it" trash that most fa/tg/uys make at one point. The numbers are unbalanced because 2d6 is literally twice as good as 1d6 but the point costs don't reflect that, the TNs are somewhat retarded, the combat system is just the same cliche wankshit as anything else. I remember when I wanted to play RPGs with someone and just made up some 2d6+ability vs 10 for a mechanic and hit points for damage and it was just as good as RISUS because there is nothing particularly good about the game. Also Cliches are basically code for "whoever is good at arguing that his cliche is good in every situation, gets the most from the game." At least Everyone is John has an interesting premise, so that makes up for it having shitty stupid rules. Anyone who plays RISUS for a one-shot is retarded. Anyone who plays it for more than a one-shot deserves to put in a gas chamber.

I recognize this copypasta.

A real classic.

Yeah I recognize it too. But it does not make it any less relevant.

Problem being the major component investment in actual lego pieces

Would play

You're a faggot.

You're also right.

faggot

Then make it.

What happens when someone starts using technic / studless beams?

Technic is probably a whole different set of skills for a Master Builder.

They incur the wrath of the bonkles, giant nigh unstoppable cyborg monsters.

>Put the pic related meme on the big screen!
"Wee need to solve [insert problem here]"
"I know! I can use my ORANGE TRANSPARENT CHAI-"
"No."
"Awwww."

Also the Orange Transparent Chainsaw become more elaborate with each usage.

Fun Fact: The Lego corporation initially didn't want to make the movie either because they thought as you did and thus it wouldn't make them any money.

The Lego Movie is the brainchild of a guy who watched his son make a Lego "spaceship" consisting of only two bricks (which is probably where Benny's obsession came from) and became inspired enough to approach Lego for permission to make the movie.

Technic pieces can still be measured in studs, based on length. For example, the tiny notched studless crossbeam is equal in length to two studs.

I thought The Lego Movie was actually a somewhat accurate dramatisation of a campaign where the GM wanted to make a serious Hero' Journey Action Epic, and the player/s took the piss out of it by playing obvious parodies of the usual archetypes - and the GM adapted by just leaning right into it and making the campaign a parody.

GM: so describe your characters

Emmett's player: well uh, he's a fairly nondescript construction worker. Always upbeat and a real team player.

Batman's player: I'm Batman!

GM: no really, Bob...

Batman: no really, I rolled up Batman!

Emmett: ...just go with it Bill

Bill the GM: ...alright fine

Unikitty's player: And I'm a sparkly unicorn with a cute kitty face!

GM: *cries*

Here in Brazil we have a generic rulesystem that started exactly to be used as a crossover for different tokusatsu, super sentai, 80/90's anime and even movies.

We call it 3D&T (Defenders of Tokyo 3rd Edition).

I think the movie did an amazing job at putting the Chtulhu mythos into perspective, right down to gods with (to us) inscrutable motives and items that simply work by different rules of physics as our world.

lel

Ok.
Faggot

That's almost hilarious, actually. But yeah, Lego really hit the jackpot with that one. Gorgeous animation, a good script, the correct material and just how much heart was poured into the movie - I remember being distinctively pissed off that Frozen was still the big thing while it was on cinemas.

Son, i'm disappoint.
this post should be the first in the thread, yet you only made it to place three.

What are you talking about? Just use legoes you already have.