Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1636: No One Makes New Editions Like Gaston! Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn (embed)

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

No one dies like Gaston.

Has THICC thighs like Gaston.

Comes back from the dead in a Direct-to-Video sequel like Gaston.

No one touches Madara Uchiha like Gaston.

We fucking need this in our lives.

We truly do.

Disney Princess, boy. Don't let your dreams be dreams.

Asking again for the new thread- is there anything you guys would like to see in a Generic Creepypasta update?

Will Outside Knowledge be getting a buff?

Maybe something based on the doomsday style creepypastas?

...Besides what I already said last thread, I guess I wouldn't turn down more creepypasta powers. Something neat would be specific creepypasta items too, like a copy of those Whoever.exe games or maybe an entire collection of them. Although that particular example is of dubious use.

How did there get to be so many dragon options, anyway? There's more 'be a dragon' options in /jc/ than there are even 'be a vampire' or 'be a werewolf.'

And then there's the people who are all three. How did we get to where we are on that?

So, Nier One is almost done. Pretty much have just the intro, locations and origin descriptions to go, so normally it'd be done in an hour or so.

Problem is, totally stuck on a single item. The origin based on Kaine needs a 200CP item (Already has stuff based on her outfit, the aerie village and the lunar tears). Seriously, any one with ideas would be very much appreciated. I've been stuck on this one blighter for days.

What other OC companions would you like to see?

I can do that.

Yep.

Any powers you had in mind?

Perks that let you summon familiars based on what you're most similar to at the moment (Demon Jumpers summon imps, Soldier Jumpers summon mercenaries, etc.)

Might have been said earlier, but i think it would fit well.

Can my everyday best create mundane armor or jewelry? What about things like steel-toed boots or construction helmets?

Dragons are super popular
Being a vampire is seen as "edgy"
Being a werewolf is seen as "furry"
Being all three is fine, hell in theory an Adventure Quest jump could offer the ability to be all three and be perfectly canon.

More points, because my build is already full?

Probably not, mostly meant for clothes.

Reiterating on the ritualist-book-thing from last thread, and also: really surprised there is no life- or energy-drain of some sort in there. Also, something like what's hinted at in the Proxy companion, a way to change and mutate one's Cultists or captured victims. Environment creation of some sort as well to "infect" or "infest" reality around you with a "biome" of your choice - example, causing a nightmarish swamp of mushrooms to grow around where you live and such.

Not sure, off the top of my head. Maybe something based off of her weapon? That's kind of a long shot, since I don't know if equipment is a freebie.

A memoir or journal of an elderly/departed relative? Or military documents/items, considering who the Shade possessing her is?

It's a tough one. I got nothing.

I think the journal is a good one actually, thanks Heavens.

No problem! Looking forward to the jump.

>Adventure Quest

I need to get back on that, along with DragonFable.

God I wish I wasn't such a procrastinator.

Hmm... Would shoes be counted under "clothes", then? Beyond stuff like slippers and moccasins? Belts and other things with "hard" points? Sorry if this is frustrating, just trying to figure out what exactly its limits are.

I loved DragonFable, but you know what killed it for me? What made me say "fuck this shit"?
The fucking-god-damned leveled dungeons. It doesn't matter how good your items are! You need to fight shit at your level or higher! No grinding for cash or necessary items on low level dungeons for you! Unless you wanna do Robina's Bandit Bounty a trillion fucking times.

Incredibly uninspired... but Cryptids playing their archetype straight were the first things coming to mind when I wrote that. An entity stuck inside their game who, while friendly to you, is still a generic evil mass murderer and has the same general abilities as the Childish Spirit. Yet another Slenderman rip-off. An edgy teenager who's manifesting Cryptid powers (like the Proxy) by themselves instead of from exposure to the Jumper's weirdness. A Man In Black who's following you around due to you being surprisingly competent at dealing with all the things going bump in the night (normally I'd suggest an organization like the one from the drawback or the SCP Foundation, except without their ridiculous reach and resources, but I feel like even that'd be blowing the power curve for that section) or because you ARE the thing they're meant to be tracking down. An Internet group who are literally just normal people from all over the country pooling their knowledge together to deal with all the fucked up shit they got caught up in (admittedly this one is difficult to justify as actual Companions instead of a plot thread that follows you). Generic mentally unstable abused potentially cannibalistic prisoner/mental patient who became fucking HUGE due to reasons and follows you around because you were nice to them or something. A monster hiding in your dreams who doesn't want to murder you or drive you insane. An obious skinwalker/shapestealer/changeling/whateverthefuck who just waltzed into your home but actually is just looking to mooch off of you instead of killing you and acts like the Kramer-type neighbour in a sitcom.

Anyway, I have much less in mind for powers. The only thing I was really thinking about was another power like Genius Loci, but instead of giving you powers, it let you change the environment. Making infinite stairways, non-euclidean corridors, all that jazz. Other ideas included...

1/2

>(admittedly this one is difficult to justify as actual Companions instead of a plot thread that follows you)

Hey, this one could still work in the same vein as the Rogues' Gallery from BTAS.

I'm probably not going to be able to give you exact limits given it's just a off to the side thing a character does a few times.

Generally anything that would be clothing and not 'combat gear' or 'work gear' should work. The steel toed boots might work but a kevlar vest or iron plate probably won't. Belts, shoes, maaaybe some light jewellry could work but just...you know, clothing stuff. If it's the sort of thing you'd see on a soldier or bodyguard or have a lot of innate value like being made out of a special material, you probably can't make it.

...a combo with Glitch (either vanilla Genius Loci or the theoretical new power) for making media that actually straight up take place in real life, stuff like having players or viewers watch/guide a monster through a building until they realize it's actually right outside their apartment and other such shenanigans, and a combo with Pocket Realm for basically doing the Silent Hill thing. Pretty minor since you can make portals, but in this case you could drag anyone in your controlled area into your Pocket Realm instead of faffing around with portals, or manifest small portions of your Pocket Realm in the real world.

2/2

You mean the whole level scaling enemies thing?

Yeah, I know how you feel. Especially the whole need gold thing. At least I got some limited time Items and weapons, so all I need to do is level up and upgrade the respective Item/Weapon.

Yes, I wasted money on it. No I don't regret it. Yes I'm very behind, both jumpmaking wise and story wise.

By the time they released the dungeon to upgrade my Doom weapon I couldn't fight the fucking monsters defending it because of the level scaling, and shit-luck on getting a Light weapon.

Other than the ones from Fate S/N & Illya are there any perks for brute forcing any possible magic effect with raw power?

Only thing I can think of would be an interaction with ritualist and either avatar or possibly traveler so you can talk to lots of people at once if your rituals become widely known without having to then have an avatar run back to you to convey the message. Maybe people briefly summon a mental avatar that rejoins you when it is done?

Speaking of Generic Creepypasta, on a scale of 1-to-10, how bad of a call would it be to turn Polybius into a Gashat?

ability for Ritualist + Avatar to have a potential upgrade to work for one's other aspects, like Kami, Third-Circle Demons, Egi, tied spirits, etc.

>Doom weapon

Yeah, I'm definitely putting that in the jump. Maybe make it into a companion a la Caitiff.

Maybe even a Light Elemental Companion for those who choose a Destiny Weapon.

Nice

Do we get dragon? I liked my dragon. He was cute, even in full-dragon form.

Also you need a drawback concerning all of the real-money shilling the game began to do.

SoulWeaver class, ja?

Alright, thanks, Val. I just saw a set of clothing and was wondering if the perk could reproduce it.

Hey Heavens, do the Gashacon weapons in the item section work with Dual/Two-Slot Gashats?

>Spoiler

HAHAHHAH. Why wouldn't that be an option, user?

>Drawback suggestion
As much as I want to, I'm not sure how that would work. Especially since don't know how DC exists in-universe. I think they were referenced in a Cysero centric quest, but I don't know which one.

>spoiler
Thats gonna come in a 3 or 4 teir Weaving Family perk.

Teir-1-Soul Weaving/ Knowhow of weaving clothes made from soul thread. Just the Clothes.

Tier-1/2- Soul Smithing/ Knowledge of binding souls to weapons and other objects.

Tier 3/ Chaos Weaving/ Knowledge of attacking the soul using soul based magics.

Tier 4/ Murk/Flesh Weaver/ Ability to consume spirits to obtain their powers. Use the bodies of lesser beings as meat puppets to wear and whatever might be revealed.

Yo, Val, if I used God Point Granter to empower someone with Seven Sins from Soul Eater, would they be able to summon my clones or theirs? And would they have my powers or the summoner's?

Yup!

Cool, thanks!

It'd be them summoning their own clones based on themselves.

>As much as I want to, I'm not sure how that would work.
Almost anything remotely decent costs DC, you can only get DC by watching 5-minute advertisements which grants you 1-5 DC, even the worst stuff for DC costs 200+

What should I do if I want to bring along a canon companion, but there is no option to do so in a jump?

Use a pod

Stasis Pod or Blue Feather.

I'll sleep on that. Maybe leave some suggestions for perks and items. Tell me about what you think on how I'll handle the Weaving Family perks.

Since for now, Its time to sleep.

This is what the pods in the warehouse are for. Or as said there is a Blue Feather that lets you companion anyone you can get to marry you, and some people duplicate in order to bring other companions along.

Ah, too bad. Thanks anyway.

I have a dumb mass effect question but it's one I have to ask. How much do companions cost? It says they cost 500 cp but then it says up to 8 are free and it's 50 cp for each one after that. Which is right?

Fanwank and spend two to three hundred CP to take them anyways.

You pay 500 to get 8, then can pay an extra 50 each for more than that. They're not so much 'free' as included in the 500cp cost.

Okay, fair enough.

This is the jump in question I was wondering about actually.

Friendly reminder that plenty of Mass Effect fanfics - decent ones, at that - exist. Which are extremely varied and not necessarily very close to canon.

Friendly reminder that, yeah, so what? I'm not sure what you're trying to get at here. Are you suggesting a soft-replacement of the Mass Effect jump or are you just advocating that people go to fanfic land instead of canon because you don't like how canon turned out?

I think he's saying he wants a good Mass Effect, and "reminding" people that there're loopholes to getting around the one Jump limitation.

>Are you suggesting a soft-replacement of the Mass Effect jump

Same reason the Jorge Joestar jump was made, user.

Okay, so the first one. I figured that was likely, but I honestly wasn't sure. It's Mass Effect, you could be complaining about ME3 and Andromeda just as easily as you could be complaining about the jump.

If you want it that badly, make Andromeda and put in a drawback to be part of the original initiative back on Earth. Put in a scenario the size of LoT or FFXIV and no one will read it to notice if you sneak in Commander Shepherd cameos.

I was afraid someone would say that. I guess it's the safest way to take it.. Though it seems the price is a little excessive but as Quicksilver is long gone I don't think we will be getting a clarification or rewrite any time soon.

Do they retain wounds and such between summonings? If so, can they "heal" while not manifested?

Well I mean they could sit on their asses for 4 years, make a jump in 5 seconds, publish it, and basically imitate the real Andromeda experience

Are you still around, Cenanon?

Symbiote (web novel) question:

Do Symbiotes count as Companions, even if they're bonded to another Companion?

I'm trying to figure out my approach and as I already have companion numbers spilling over the 8-body limit, if Symbiotes cause that to be worse I may just skip out on them altogether.

They'd probably retain them? I'd say it's kinda up to fanwank about whether they're in time stasis or not when desummoned. They could be brought back even if killed, though I'd imagine it'd take a while to do so.

Upon further reflection, I think I will take the 8 companion perk, and just fill in the slots with the canon characters I want.

I really don't want to be cheep or anything... Maybe I can make it so that 100 CP=1 Canon Companion?

Considering the price of it, I don't think anyone's going to defenestrate you for doing that.

Hmm... So what happens in the event of total body/soul destruction? Does a new one just pop up, or do you need to wait awhile? Are they gone forever? Also, are they still the "same" clone?

If Batman user is here
Does Prisma Jumper require you to be in magical Girl/boy form to use any powers or just out of jump ones?

It'd probably just work like companions do. You'd be able to summon them back, same as they were, eventually. Have to talk to Bee about how long that'd take though.

Honestly, I think I am just going to stick with the normal 50 CP per companion, since most characters in the game seem to be within the same power range as a normal custom companion, and the more powerful ones will be balanced by the weaker ones I am taking along, so yeah.

Okay, thanks. And actually... do they count as Companions?

Also, might be a weird question, but would something like Jump Hui be able to "liberate" them? Does Jump Hui even allow you to "disconnect" clones from yourself, or does it just make them a person in all other ways?

No, just clones of yourself.

Jump Hui wouldn't really do anything for them since they already have their own thoughts and feelings and stuff. They'll still be bound to you and rely on you because that's their nature as a clone.

I think the end of Jump choice applies for them too, pretty sure you can keep them without going over the limit, but even if you can't you can still get rid of them and keep the perks/Symbiote abilities in the companion s anyway.

Alright, thanks.

Yeah, I'm aware of that part, which was what prompted this line of discussion. When I summon them, do they still copy my current mind and memories, or is that only on the first summon? Basically, is it making copies of me each time, or is it chaining unique, thinking beings to my existence?

>Jolly Cooperation
>and each pair only counts as one Companion.

Mmm. Probably need to talk that over, I'll get back to you on that in a bit, sorry user.

Oh shit and Bio-Injector lets you give someone a Symbiote AND have the option to invite them along as a Companion!

Again, thanks. And no problem.

AND IT'S

FUCKING INFINITE USES TOO.

Doot doo doot doo doo doot doot.

Time for another Jump. It's Nier! Nier One.

>AND have the option to invite them along as a Companion
Wait, what.

That's only in jump right?

Doesn't it only work once though? I think that was why I didn't get it, or maybe the companion thing was this jump only... I know I wanted it, then found out it wasn't as good as I'd thought (especially given if you have a Symbiote you can hand them out eventually anyway).

--- Bio-Injector[400 CP; Discount: Human]

A Bio-Injector is a bio-organic device containing a blank,
non-synergized Symbiote, completely lacking in personality;
whereas normally, a Bio-Injector would erase its contents upon
use, this one is specifically modified to skip this process,
rendering it indefinitely reusable, and has had the Berzerker
Protocol removed. It also modifies its own programming to the
genetic code of whatever it's injected into, allowing you to
make Symbiotes of even non-humans, though they do still need
the 90% predictive rate typically required of Symbiotes. This
is a good thing, though; Symbiotes are AI and, baseline, have
a relatively alien mentality, and, without the ability to predict
human interactions might take a harmless joke for a serious
threat on their host's life and attack the person that made it,
potentially killing them. In case it wasn't obvious, people that
you turn into the Host of a fully synergized Symbiote pair have
the option of becoming a Companion if they're willing to come
with you; it should be noted, though, that this 90% predictive
rate takes, at minimum, five to eight years, even with the
knowledge that it should be predicting its host, and could easily
take in excess of a decade, depending on the person in question.

And nothing in notes on it being "this jump only." Even Ctrl-F'd through it.

Oooooh~ Nice! Reading nao...

For fucks' sake.

Can someone edit it to remove that or something? I'm really sick of people sneaking bullshit like this through

And like that, the Blue Feather was forever invalidated.

You are creating a sentient life, many use a rule where any inteligence you make or are the parent of becomes a companion. That jump actually rules that the symbiote granting option definitly does that even without the common house rule.

Being symbiotes the host has to come too.

If you are useing the child houserule you don't even need the injector as long as you only want to get people biologically compatible with humans, female symbiotes can also reproduce.

Can you choose not to read CYOA?

If you like

Foolish user. No one can touch Madara Uchiha. You can't even touch that one guy whose not Madara Uchiha but says he is.

>your arcane might is ten times greater than any human in this world, a magnification which carries on to other magical systems.
Wew. K. Still reading though.

It wouldn't really matter, unless you are one of those people who leaves their and their companions' kids behind the very nature of symbiotes serve as a loophole for turning people into companions.