Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

laughing whores edition

Old Thread: (Cross-thread)

>Warhammer maker Games Workshop declares a victory as profits double
cityam.com/269101/warhammer-maker-games-workshop-declares-victory-profits

>GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf(and epub), SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Other megas
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing Abaddon's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Only 40k posts itt.

My three fast attack slots have arrived Veeky Forums. Armoured or vanilla? Weapons? What's your mileage?

There is the entire fucking internet out there and you fuckers are gonna focus on 40k itt.

somebody bought up all the easybuild reivers at my FLGS and now i'm sad that I have to wait until saturday.

How should i equip my raptors?

why not wait for the multi-kit?

disregard melee and focus on ranged combat

thats what you get for trying to play chad marines

How would i even do that

Well, look what arrived just now. Dreads will be all gatling and the aggressors will get boltfists, but 'm unsure about the reivers. Carbine or knife? Grav-chute or grapple?

Raptors can take plasma guns.

By playing orks, duh!

take rangedcentric units with the ravenguard chapter tactics.

i'd go carbine, iirc you get to keep the pistol which is basically +1 attack in melee.

How is your day anons? Its raining outside and I've got the day off, so I'm getting back into painting after many, many years.

What are you working on today?

what does the grapnel even do? also the knives are crazy good

Why are these ladies so cool yet so shit?

>how powerful they are in-game
I don't know really. They seem solid.
>sculpts
Noice except I hate those skull faces on those guys. The jump pack boys look okay except a little bulky and their constant fall-back pose is goofy.
>Lore
How they fit in with Cawl is actually really god writing imo. I don't like that they make spacers seem weak by comparison. I hope that in future editions they differentiate and get fluffed out. If they progress the story such that there's a new heretical (thought not necessarily chaotic) mechanicus and the primaris turn into spookers, it would solve the problem of the space marines seeming antiquated.

Reposted because I was a dufus and posted this in dedbred.

Scout, missile launcher, 9x

Raptors, the unit, not the chapter friendo
So2 PG and a combi-plasma?

lets you deepstrike by a board edge and ignore vertical movement as they imitate batman.

;_;

lol

They're not bad as tarpit, 4++ and PfP makes them sturdier than they look on paper for their points.

Should I just buy bits off Ebay, or is there a better site out there for bit ordering at a decent price?

yep

take a single power sword or lightning claw on the champ if you want to spend the points - you've got the parts in the kit.

Does anyone know the stats for the plasma cannon versus the gatling arm on the Redemptor?

>4++

only in melee and don't work for pistol shots

If you gonna use Grav chute then go with knife since close combat is inevitable if you gonna deep strike them.

You're not allowed to take a combi weapon and melee weapon

Two plasma guns, a plasma pistol and a power weapon. It's actually cheaper then a combiweapon and gives them lots of versatility.

So basically avoid melee, run around bullying dev squads and the like?

Someone please tell me spacer codex when. I'm trying to write a list but realised that was futile until it's out.

I use Hordes O'bits but they're kind of spotty about updating with new bits

Why not use razor wing flocks as tarpits? For 84 points you get 48 fucking wounds with up to 24' charge range, and they're pretty much as undamaging as wyches.

It pains me but I just don't see any use for Wyches. I hope they get a lil buff in the codex. Just making their weapons -1 would help a lot.

>heavy D3 str 8 ap -4 D1, can over charge for +1 D and Str

vs
>heavy 18 str 5 ap-1 D1
costs are similar

whoops 7th ed knowledge strikes back

yes

Pls post new SM artifacts.

>For 84 points

they got nerf, brosef

Because they're a tarpit unit and you need to run them in max mobs.

Pay a few extra points and make them bloodbrides. Give them +1S and stick a succubus nearby to reroll 1s, and a group of 10 will put out 30 S4 attacks, 9 of which reroll wounds with Ap-1, and 3 from a power sword.

Wyches with +1T are decent tarpits because they're harder to wound, especially against S3.

>knives
>extra attack
>crazy good
What? How? They are shitty chainswords by another name.

Brilliant, cheers guys

+1/2 an attack; you only get to shoot it in your turn

they have ap-1

Yes daddy I will, I promise!

Ontopic question, how many patriarchs is too many? Since we can take more than one now and I have 3 of the models...

Why is games workshop a bag of dicks. Now I cant use my favorite army list builder because it was threatened. Which army list builder do you anons use?

Not sure I agree. You'll be close, sure, but the knife gives +1A, while the carbine gives you 2 shots at the same strength plus adds to overwatch.
Also, you can DS them away from the enemy and still contribute to the fight.

Thanks, I'll hit them up to build all my tankbusters.

Pen and paper.

>not allowed to take melee and combi

That seems incorrect, but if that's the case, that's fucking shitty. Why would they do that?

Battlescribe so it can be on my phone.
my local shop doesn't have internet.

oh nvm. it would seem that they removed the AP-1 that the 3 man team had.

No they don't.

No they don't.
And fuck you for making me look that up.

They never had it. The pistols have -1 AP. The knives did not and still don't.

This git gets it

3x tauros venator
elysians have no other options
not that i mind terribly

I found it. but it was from one of the starter sets and is probably a typo.

That group will also cost you over 200 points while literally melting to flashlight fire.

Just get incubi and enjoy seeing the klaivex oneshot tyrants warriors. Wyches are sadly 100% useless

that same pamphlet that that is part of has the pistols as being -1 in the other languages. it's literally only the english version in that three reiver easy to build box (and not the first strike box) that has that typo

Mixed up the heavy boltpistol's and the combat blade's AP, obviously.

regardless. 31 attacks in melee not counting pistol shots is pretty nice.

>Heavy D3
Guess nobody will take this option then

I complained about it before and ill complain about it again.
>Terror Troops
>This guy scared about the spooky scary skull mask guy.

it's heavy D6.

Is admech popular?
People like it here but I dunno about the fanbase at large. People don't talk it about them that often, why do people not talk about them as much as other IoM factions like SoBs? There is no way SoBs are more popular than admech, but the former has a lot more chatter and whining

Still garbage vs the HOG cannon

GW in this case did the right thing.
that idiot was blatently proffiting off copyright infringement.

What were you expecting? The guy was making money from it.

At least GW didn't send a C&D.

It's decent then, i still think the gatling arm will be the more (ab)used

They should be moderately popular

Any info on DG termies yet? I haven't had real internet the last two weeks.

3W T6 4++ M4

How expensive is small knife in this setting? I mean, why not give every marines a fucking knife just in case.

Can you leave the beer gut off the dread? Can you get a pic of it before that piece is attached? I've heard it looks more like the classic dreads that way and that would go a long way towards convincing me to pick one up.

becuasde you cant

I speak as an Admech player myself. There are plenty of people who play Admech, and who like it. There just isn't as much for Admech players to bitch about. We have a decent model range, our rules are fine, other people don't hate us. That's it. Most of what you see here is people complaining about their army or complaining about an army they don't like. Or defending their army from complainers. Admech doesn't have much to complain about, and no one complains about us, so we don't see much discussion here.

Question about keywords in armies. A lot of units have create custom keywords for your specific chapter, division, etc.

If you take something like a space marine captain and have him a key word like sisters of silence, or cadian would his reroll ability then apply to those different roles of units even though they aren't slave marines?

if you read the rules it's assumed that any unit without a melee weapon has a close combat weapon with str equivalent to their str score. so all space marines have a knife.

Well, the combat blade is more of a sword than a knife but even then a single bold shell is more expensive than a sword in the pen and paper PRGs.

We should start bitching about Sicarians and Kataphrons so that we get some attention

also forgot the mention. the gatling cannon is only heavy 12 not 18

What was the verdict on pic related?

I'm only getting started with 40k, Im waiting on the Start Collecting Chaos Space Marines so wondered would this be good for a few more models aswell as another boars game for the collection

no

this has been addressed again and again and again and again

Where?

Kirby is finally leaving the company for good

i heard necrons are overpowered, is that true?

FAQ

Is the razorwing fighter good?

Fuck off with this Wu Tang Clan shit. That meme is done. Your behind the times. Fuck off.

any full leak on the codex?

Why would you bitch about Kataphrons? I mean I get bitching about Sicarians, though I personally like them quite a bit I get that some people think they don't perform well so i get it, but why bitch about Kataphrons? Their giant fuck off rape guns are great.

I have no idea what you're talking about

Can you be more specific. There's several for this game

Or Cognis being useless on everything but the flamers.

Fair point.

Torsion Cannons are pretty shit.

No. That's the shittiest box game deal in recent year.

You get 3 shitty snapfit marines and 15 cultist and a terminator lord. you get total of 23 mini for 125$. That's fucking shit.

Want to start? get First strike, Know No fear, or Dark Vengeance.

Dont know it's its very that a champion may swap his weapons for one of two lists.
List one allows you to take two items from a list of melee weapons and pistols, list two has only combi weapons.

Note, this means champions with combi weapons don't have bolt pistols.

Designers commentary on the warhammer community page.

Is the source hanging around user?

It's not the mask that scares them, it's what's behind it.

Dreadnought 139pts
Multi-melta

Terminator Squad 343pts Terminator
7x Terminator 2xChainfists, Assault cannon

Devastator Squad 238pts
10x Devastators, Armarium Cherub, Plasma pistol, 2x Plasma cannon,2x Multi-melta

Devastator Squad 170pts
5x Devastators, Armarium Cherub, Plasma pistol, 2x lascannon ,2x missle launcher

Predator 171pts
Predator autocannon, Two Heavy Bolters

Rhino 78pts
Hunter-killer missile, Storm bolter

++ Total: [86 PL, 1500pts] +