Warhammer 40.000 General /40kg/

where in the world is GSCB edition

Old Thread: >GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf(and epub), SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>novels here
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>Other megas
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA (no 8e stuff here)

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing Abaddon's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/13536976/
19485-presscdn-0-14-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/2016-17-Press-statement.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Orks at fucking dumb this edition, how am I supposed to deal with da jump going off and sending tons of Orks into my back lines that is also full of war tracks deepstriking my table edge

Abaddon thread and go here

Hi

>My dream is to someday start a real cult of genestealer worshippers chosen only from the most devoted players.
I, uhhh, what?

I admire your drive and wish you the best, but please take care of yourself and take your meds.

So, setting up a couple 500 point demo armies for a buddy of mine to play with, because he's finicky as fuck about stupid shit, i have to play list building for like 10 armies to hopefully make one he might deign to play.

Right now i'm doing death guard, which i think he might like. My only goal is something that won't crumble in one turn to shooting/melee and morale, and something that operates at all points of the turn phase (melee, shooting and psychic)

I've got a malignant plaguecaster, a squad of 17 pox walkers, 7 plaguemarines, champ with powerfist and plasmagun, 2 blightlaunchers and an icon of despair, and 2 nurgle spawn.

unless i'm retarded and miscalcualted, that's like 498 points, it's got bodies, it's got toys and it's got psychic stuff. Any tweaks or is that looking alright?

I would try to fit in a rhino.

strawpoll.me/13536976/

Who do you want to win in Konor?

What is it with women and 'nids? I mean, I appreciate the /d/eviancy, but one still wonders.,,

Look, I get the appreciation of Tyranids. They are pure sex and cater to a lot of fetishes, but genestealer cults? Really?
That's like saying you want to get it on with inbred rednecks. The patriarch and the purestrains, sure, those are really hot, but hybrids? Total turn-off.

Why should I switch to genestealers?

On a scale of K to YS you should please consider making Chester Bennington proud.

are blind grenades useful for anything outside overwatch? they only affect the enemy until the end of the turn...

GSC have breeding and thus sexuality built into their canon lore. Nids just eat everything and dissolve it into slime.

>Immediate attention whore drama

Abandon thread.

It's hours old, don't worry.

just give it a cap. like max 6 extra hits.

So, how do you convert people to the Genestealer Cults? What reason would someone have for leaving a cause such as the "greater good", the glory of humanity, the restoration of the great dynasties, or the personal fulfillment of Chaos?

Look at those aberrant abs.
And hybrids long fingers, tentacle arms and such. Long tongues, etc.
I'm not in with the cult for the sexual stuff, but now that we are on the subject, I wouldn't mind a kinky cultist lady.

Well how does it work in our world? Find enough dumb People, praise shit to them and done.
Then they get bit by the patriarch and follow suit via mind-control.
Maybe they start a boy scout Group where the kids get injected on the first days out on a trip.

From what I've read, the Genestealers basically grab people in back alleys and late at night, and the injection makes them slaves, and helps them slowly expand.

1st Gen GSC are converted through implantation of genetic material and effectively mind controlled. Thereafter it mostly grows via breeding within the genetic line that is still beholden to the Patriarch. Outsiders can be brought in, for example to breed a Magus, but that's less common.

That said, GSC often take the political mantle of being a populist uprising. As the Cult is usually first spread in the workers and lower classes it's outward face can become attractive to outsiders with the promise of better conditions for opressed workers and overthrowing tyrannical rulers (I.e. the Planetary Governor, not the Emperor).

they do the regular cult receuitment thing to once they get large enough to pose as a legitimate religion.

But the amount of slime and tentacles is vastly reduced. Also, they are all sorta still people, so having sex with a kinky cultist lady also involves all her brothers taking part in that mentally. At least with nids there is only the hivemind and some bestial will instead of every Jimbo and Billy-Bob on the fucking planet.

So they brainwash/rape at first, then go for whatever the people of that world want the most, so they don't have to try as hard to brainwash? Seems pretty lame. At least Chaos cults hold true to their promises.

It's like how autistic people are attracted to Sonic. Same concept really.

the GSC hold to their promises as well.
The Sky Fathers angels do descend from the void to tear down the tyrannical leader and rebuild the devoted into holy forms without suffering.

>Posting this stale pasta
Disgusting

Well, all the cult really wants is to prepare the world for the closest hive fleet to stop by and say hello. Then they use the cult to kill off any resistence and after that the hive fleet takes control over the patriarch and every mind-controlled cultist realizes that they lived a lie. Then they get killed off too.

Well remember that cult is REALLY about just getting eaten by giant space bugs, even though only the Patriarch knows that.

And the people they target are all, between the empire's culture and the conditions they start at, too worn down by the world and not self-aware enough to realize that a life fully detached from suffering, without that driving force to avoid, would be a hollow and meaningless existence.

Well, yeah. It's just so happens that cult-like behavior is the best way to weaken humans' defenses.

I love this piece of artwork for that reason.
>THAT'S what we've been working towards?
>are you fucking shitting me

Yeah. Like, even the highest ranking member of the cult, once the control of the patriarch is being lifted, realize that their whole life has been a lie and they have doomed their entire planet with their actions.
The hybrids who have been told to hide themselves, because the outsiders would fear their appearance as they have been clearly blessed by the gods, look upon their hideous selfs for the first time. A mother holding her newborn baby in her arms, seeing the monstrosity she birthed. People breaking down, commiting suicide or losing their minds.
Shit's awesome.

>So they brainwash/rape at first, then go for whatever the people of that world want the most, so they don't have to try as hard to brainwash?

Every single one of them was brought to a genestealer and get the kiss that change their mind. those who resist will get killed on sight. Just the first few generation the GS will lurk in some alley while more humanoid 4th gen can just talk their victim right into the trap.

Can someone post that screencap 'each time Celestine resurrect she loses her power a bit' please?

Another Gdubs narrative about how religion is bad, Quelle Surprise.

Do you think they ever get bored of bashing on faith?

>Do you think they ever get bored of bashing on faith?

yeah but then they realise it makes them money

There's like one (1) short story about how religion is good I guess. And it's a tad bit tryhard.

So long story short, actively joining a Genestealer Cult is the biggest form of cuckoldry.

Sisters have actual magic powers from their faith and are, alongside a few others like Slamanders, one of the few military factions which goes out of its way to care for and protect cilivians.

GSC are a doomsday cult, not an indictment of organized religion.

It's like they promise you a big black cock and when you go there to grab your free chicken, they shove a large penis down your throat.

>BLACKED

they also burn entire populations for "heresy" and strap people into arco-flagellants

Was that something is G3?
I remember reading somewhere that whenever she resurrected she lost a part of her humanity but not her power.

Burn their bodies so their souls will be purified

sometimes the patriarchs broodmind is strong enough that the cultists get controlled by the hivemind as well.

There's a story from the nid codex of a feral world whos whole population is part of the cult. When the hivefleet arrives theres no resistance and the people just willing march themselves into the digestion pools.

Isn't everything bad in the grim future?
The government is shit, faith is shit, space travel is shit, working conditions are shit, day to day life is shit.

bump

Do they? Even Guilliman acknowledges that the Ecclesiarchy has done more good than ill in the long run and considers them indispensable to the running of the Imperium.
On the spiritual side, you have endless tales of how the faithful overcome unsurmountable odds purely by their zeal. It is how the Imperium has endured for the better part of several millenia. Faith and duty. Sisters of Battle and imperial clergy can do actual miracles in a pinch and the living saints are actual, living proof of the power of religion.
In the flipside, the chaos gods provide their followers with direct benefits for their faith, though obviously theirs is a more malign form of manifeststion.

I just realised this movie is the ultimate Genestealer Cult film

and yet the secular organisations like most of the marine chapters and the tau empire are for the most part portrayed as being good to the people under their protection

Its also really terrible in a wonderful way

Its strange how the company champion has an 3+/5++ save but the chapter champion only has a 2+ save

Was it 'herself' or her power? I don't exactly remember, but I do remember seeing image about it on /40kg/ few days ago.

>Communist regime that makes dissidents disappear into the night and sterilises uncooperative populations
>Probably uses brain parasites to enslave and mind control alien populations
>Good
You fell for the Tau propaganda bud.

Well, the literal definition of cuckoldry is (un)willingly favoring another specie instead your own so yeah.

What should I get as a superheavy for my guard army ? A knight or a baneblade variant ? I'm thinking of the stormlord just because I love the dakka dakka super taxi

I used portrayed for a reason, but even if brain bugs are a thing and Chilean style disappearances are a thing. The quality of life is still superior to that under the Ecclesiarchy. Because if you're Gdubs ALL organised religion has to be worse than secularism

Id vote a Knight simply because it's nice to see models that aren't tanks in IG armies. Plus you can still get your Gatling Canon, which is by the way very good

Baneblade variants are the trademark Guard superheavy. Knights are more for SM.

Yeah I'm leaning toward a warden knight

>Knights are more for SM

I don't think knights fits very well with SM tactics, fluff wise

Should I get a Knight for my CSM army? What would it do for me?

I'll soon be off to buy my first paint supplies
Other than paint, what do I need?
Thin, medium & thicc brushes? What else?

>sterilises uncooperative populations

They don't. The Tau need manpower more than ever before. Massive alien populations are the most wanted resource in the Tau Empire at the moment. That's why the Tau are seeking out Hive Worlds to conquer. They need immigrants to boost their economy and military production.

>brain parasites to enslave and mind control alien populations

They don't. So far the Nagi were only used in interrogation.

As for the Vespid helmets, it's just speculation.

And you went to an irrelevant points that are mostly false. It's noted that the Tau make great efforts to make the populations under them comfortable and placated. Doing things that the Imperium will not do like CURING ALL NATURAL DISEASES on Imperial worlds that assimilate.

Some Primer for sure, don't buy the GW one it's shit.

Krylon or Rustoleum are good brands for primer, flat black or flat white spray should do it.

>It's strange how the honor guard has 2+ saves, but the captain doesn't
>It's strange how named chapter masters get +1 wound and a shitload of extra goodies for no extra Command Points, but generic chapter masters share the captain's options and stats but pay out the ass in both pts and cp.
>It's strange how champoins and banner bearers were made their own heroes for everybody but Custodes, who could really use it.

I like the aesthetics of Tau, but I can't stand their caste-based communist pseudo-altruism.

Did you read Brave New World and think to yourself "this seems nice"?
Cause when you read between the lines of their in universe propaganda that's basically what they are.

>CURING ALL NATURAL DISEASES on Imperial worlds that assimilate.

They tried that once.

>tfw I use GW primer and all GW paints like a good goy
And none of you can stop me.

19485-presscdn-0-14-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/2016-17-Press-statement.pdf

>Revenue: +33%
>Operating Profit (pre exceptional items &royalties) +182%
>Operating Profit +127%
>Earnings per share: +125%
>Kirby stepped down

muh GW is gonna go out of business meme

Are generic sprays from hobby stores better than Citadels? Both your examples seem awfully American, doubt I can get a hold of them in Sweden

How about The Army Painter? Heard them mentioned before

Rountree iz good businez.

>Wait, is that with the tervi?
Sorry forgot to add them. Ah, thanks for the help I play SM atm and am planning on building this army so I'm still leaning 'nids shit.

Just use Ahmed's semen, pretty sure that comes in copious amounts in Sweden

I use Citadel's spray primers, they are great. I used Army Painters and it wasn't so good.

oh and ignore the venom's stats forgot to update them.

Rustoleum is available in aus and I've just finishing using it for a squad of stormboyz. The white goes on super smooth but takes a *long* time to dry enough to paint on. Excellent result overall.

are the relics bound to infantry only?

No, thats in the women.

It's in the men too when they prep the bull.

It's not about whether it's nice, it's about hther it's less shit than the rest of the univeres. And that Gdubs can't help but go full Margret Atwood and describe anyone who espouses values like Temperance, Chastity and Obedience as "extremist"

characters

Since the FAQ upgraded its BS to 3+, how feasible is it to use a monolith as a pure MBT now?

Don't think the wording is in any of the leaks yet, however if its character only and nothing else you can say hello to my templar chaplain venerable dread with armor indomitus

You're reading way too much into it.

Looks good

I'll keep my eyes open then, thanks

Yeah, I might get one anyway and see the results first-hand. At least I know where to get it, compared to the rest

Just ensure any spray you buy specifically says 'primer'. Normal spray paint won't cut it.

Still really expensive for what you get.

What the fuck are you on ab-
No. I dont even want to know.

Also a reminder that the GW colour sprays also work as primer, not just the black or white.

>Are generic sprays from hobby stores better than Citadels?
really cheap stuff probably not. Citadel is good quality. just over prices.

Undercoat is the same thing tho, right?

Yeah, was thinking of getting Chaos Black put base on that

Oh and any recommendations for colouring a bone-white shoulder? How about gold decals?

I've seen Duncan recommend some colours but you anons probably got different experiences

Want to paint a PRIMARIS chapter of marines. Any chapters with the quartered color scheme like the Howling Griffons or Novamarines? Or are they it for canon chapters. Any ideas anons?

What are you painting?

I think undercoat is more a hobby term. Primer is an industry term for a paint designed to bond to metal/wood/plastic permanently so normal paint can be put on top of it. Easiest way to tell is when you have sprayed the model, once it is fully dry scratch it with your fingernail, a normal spray will scratch right off.