/cyoag/ - CYOA General

Archives and other resources: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu
Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/vhiHFUnd
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

NIGGERS

What would you want in a cyoa that lets you design and puts you in charge of the grim reapers?

lore

Waifus.

Idk, I guess different motivations for doing it?

Non-goofy looking grim reapers

Also please include my OC Samayyel, the Bling God.

qt magical girl reapers

So the original Cuddle CYOA was made in a fit of anger when my hardrive failed. It is my most reposted work, and spawned countless comfy pocket dimension spin-offs.

It also looks like aids.

Here's one that looks slightly better, but only slightly. I meant this to simply be a remake, but I ended up adding some things so enjoy.

I always thought your picture choices were cute.

Whoever was working on that afterlife themed cyoa, hows it going?

Noice! Always really enjoyed the first one.

You ever going to finish that cyoa with the superpowered sapient cats?

Also, please stop trying to give me depression with cyoas that will never come true.

Fatposter.

>please stop trying to give me depression with cyoas that will never come true.
You need to run, run far far away from this dreadful place user. Before It's too late.

One of these days I'm going to remember that anime or comic where dog people stood watch over their cryogenically frozen masters for centuries, waiting until it was finally safe the unfreeze them.

Ghost Hunter
Coins
Helloffice, ectochill, keepsafe, purerites
3 barghests
All complications

Midnight. Maybe some week I'll use other to set it to the time just after dusk/before dawn when part of the sky is glowing but you can't see the sun.

Rain seems most cathartic today but some weeks I'll want Cloud or snow.

Rustic, with some nice little windows, a bookshelf, and a couch.

Ooh, companions now? We can mix and match, yes? Because a person or two to talk to and a cat would be great.

Candles, board games, plants, and hot drinks sound really cozy.

Thanks, Ferrean!

Some sort of bag or sack to stuff souls into.

Ghost Hunter
Scythe
Holiday, Aurapath, Dayhunter, Purerites + Cordsnap
Karmic Vagrant, Agent Tombstone, and The Conductor + Dire Owl
Complication of Thinning.

Booze and hookers.

Sunrise/Sunset

Clear Skies

Other: Greek Style

Couch, Bed, Television

Companions: Pic related- Human+Magical creature

pillows and blankets, baked goods, hot drinks, sleepwear

i just want whoever made this to know my hatred for you is like a thousand sons,
dont tease me with these fantasies

Tok, you really matured as a writer during this self-exile. Congratulations Sir!

Anyone have that image?
"Get in the fucking bag"

I just want Tok to stop hurting

Midnight

Snow

Ruined/Victorian combo

Bed, Bookshelf, Fireplace

Other: Ms. Doll

Candles, bedding, plants, hot chocolate

Decorations and setting she would like.
We can lay and talk and get to know each other and be comfy together. Sleep will come easy and we'll dream together.

I found the story, probably I probably should of looked before asking someone else

good hunter?

I don't.

This is too entertaining.

Thanks fellas.

I try to use matching images for each group, that means I end up using whatever style is most readily available. Still though, I had no idea that some some of the charm of the old version was in the image choices.

I have no Earthly idea what you're talking about, but it sounds hilarious.

That being said, I've got 3 active CYOAs I'm working on. Go ahead and ask me whatever while I'm still here.

I want him to go self-pity somewhere else.

You are a heartless wretch, SDA

May a thousand toasters crawl up your anus

Why do you always post with your name?

I share your opinion, but I'd prefer him to make less noise while suffering.

One must shed their sympathies if they're to truly reach cosmic enlightenment.

Was he not self-banishing to plebbit?

>always
I want to be with you.

As if he could live without us. We give Tok's life meaning. Just as you couldn't leave us even if you wanted.

In his latest autistic stroke, he said he'd return here to create CYOAs. And something about subverting us by being a shitlord.

Why do you always post with your name? I'm asking out of genuine curiosity. I don't understand why you do.

Are you almost done with your CYOA?

I'm gonna start reporting this shit.

Just a reminder dogs like to eat people's faces after they die.

How many bears are present?

So will people. Cannibalism was common in caveman times.

mystery boxes where?

If you break global rule 7 you will get banned user.

Midnight

Rain

Victorian

Fireplace, Bookshelf, Pool

Companions: A bunch of futas

Baked Goods, Sleepwear, Plants, Work Table

We're going to fill the pool with jizz.

What's the most completed CYOA about?

Is that Shizune?

>you couldn't leave us even if you wanted
I am bound by eldrich contract. An eternal slave to this place. In a way, this is my phylactery.

Cause it's funny.

That depends. Inspiration comes and goes, and sometimes persists for intense amounts of time. I could have it done by the end of the coming weekend (which I took another day off for to work on CYOAs), or I probably won't finish it until months from now.

But, realistically, I'm just juggling a lot of numbers around. I've revised everything like 5 times now only to end up with a system I originally designed in the first place. And fine tuning will take much longer than that, because I want to ensure a variety.

posted as needed

I hope it's finished soon. I can't wait to use the Sartre CYOA to reshape the world to my liking.

For you to actually make it instead of posting these silly questions pretending to be making cyoa's

Gonna repost one I have saved. Not the creator, so I can't answer any questions but it always entertained me.

Honestly the build here is kind of complicated, but seems super-satisfying.

>Midnight rain continues to be the most atmospheric setting
Ooh, theme is new, isn't it? This cyoa just got a lot harder... let's go with...
>Victorian
It's what I imagined with the old one, though I'll probably try out most eventually
>Couch
>Television
>Windows
netflix and chill
>Probably a lamia for starters, though I could see myself cycling through partners
>pillow fort
>hot chocolate
>board games
>Baked goods
Just whatever sounded nice

All in all it's a nice update. The bathroom looks pretty messy though. I think it could use an update

Orb maaaaath

Consider cutting the number juggling part out and posting only that.
I mean, you did do Star Dust so you obviously have the autism required to handle it yourself but feedback could still help. Even if it means changes to cruiser costs.

I'm actually serious. My biggest problem is that I tend to create cyoas around a single build I have in mind. The desire to make this cyoa came from a dream in which Yuyuko was in charge of the kuroshitsuji' grim reapers and that's why they all have gardening equipment themed scythes.

So now I'd like to make a cyoa about designing your grim reapers as the god of death, them being a reflection of you and your interests.

Honestly, I'm not sure why some things (like minigames) are considered drawbacks but I'll take it.

No need for that, user.

If you're going to do something like that, then you can just pretend you have the intellect/motivation for a good job or are daring/fit enough to do the hardest contracts and make lots of money to do whatever you want. Or attractive enough as a person to marry someone influential and wealthy.

My great thanks to you, Ferrean for providing the original, which inspired my Chill Zone. You were the one that prompted me to start working on CYOAs, so I am happy for your enhanced remake.

>Noon (not like one could tell)
>Rain (heavy and stormy)
>Rustic, Modern
>Couch, Fireplace, Electronics (actually the reason I made Chill Zone was because I thought it was ridiculous that you have to spend a choice on a simple gosh-dang couch. Seems like that of all things should come free, don't you think?)
>One human, one animal, and one other (a female friend of mine and my waifu, both; just want to cuddle and play vidya with them by the fire, plus a large cat of some kind to cuddle up with, too)
>Pillows & Blankets, Hot Drinks, Baked Goods, Sleepwear

Yeah, I remember this one. It was a lot of fun

Action 14
Fantasy 13
Romance 12

All I want is somebody I can charge into battle alongside. I want to spar with my woman, and she should get turned on by the mere thought of fighting a worthy opponent. She may well be stronger than me, which is also hot. We'll just have to wait and see.

Fantasy world 11

Medieval and religious location were also tempting, but you can get a lot of variety out of fantasy. Next stop: The floating kingdom of zeal

... Of course it's so long I have to post my build in three parts, but still

>Other
Right after the sun has set and it's dark and cool
>Snow
Light snow that's only visible in the glow of the streetlamps
>Victorian
>Fireplace (green), Windows, bookshelf
Will be a bit sucky I don't have a nice place to sit. I'll need a blanket.
>None
>Pillows and blankets, extra soft carpet, blinds, snowglobes

>Be struck by inspiration
>So tired that can't do shit
>Feeling energetic as fuck
>Have no idea what to do

The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak. Bestow me your energy anons so i can fucking start making this shit already

...fuck it, I'll just make a pastebin for my build
pastebin.com/vhiHFUnd

Clearly you haven't played minigames in many visual novels. They're basically shitty games added in to extend game length.

is there a visual novel equivalent of /cyoag/? I'm not thinking about stuff like /qst/

But I want something that will definitely not be in the CYOA, so I'll stick with my plan.

You know, that fantasy world cyoa where one of the races were anthropomorphic cats which lead to some autists throwing up a shitstorm. Is that cyoa still in the works?

Good doggies.

Part 1/3

Part 2/3

That's really cute, if you are like me you can shit out a 6 page high quality CYOA with a coherent and exciting story that will never be forgotten on just a whim.

*shrug* I suppose I'm a sucker for the Zero Escapes series and was thinking of the puzzle solving there as a VN Minigame.

There was once, but it died an ignoble death and moved onto discord exclusively. Search any Veeky Forums archive for "/evn/" and you'll be able to experience the slow death of the community like audio logs in a bad horror game.

There was some talk about making a few VNs. I think ZBG got started on one.

Part 3/3

Sunset. Sunrise is nice, but sunset's colors are more beautiful.

Partly cloudy. So you can still see the sky, but you've got a whole range of cloud colors.

Futuristic and Roman. Sort of a neo-Imperial Rome. I don't know, I'm going to change if a lot, I might as well experiment.

Bookshelf, Bed, Other: Game Table. A place to relax and enjoy myself.

Animals: Pair of kittens. Because kittens.
Magical Creatures: Dragongirl, Angel, Dryad. A nice mix of monstergirls for gaming and sexy times.
Other: Android. For when we need a fifth player in one way or the other.

Hot Drinks, Baked Goods, Board Games, Plants. Something to do, something to eat and drink, and something to liven things up.

Tell us about what you want to make. Maybe boucing ideas will help.

There are some rare examples of good minigames in VNs, but the majority are just crap.

>coherent and exciting story
lol

DO NOt
My pupper is getting old. I'm not ready for this

>coherent and exciting story
Was it? I didn't read it, I'll just take your word for it though.

I want to make a CYOA about creating an order of knights it would have things like a small section about you as the grandmaster, choosing the place where to build your fortress and the buildings that it has, a shit ton of waifus/husbandos/bros/companions and i would like to somehow use that time mechanic that SDA is going to use in its Cat girl waterworld utopia

>husbandos
Godspeed, brother.

What is your favorite aspect out of all that? What part really excited you?

I always thought of this as a kind-of happy story, with all the doggos going to the stars.

What exactly do you mean a visual novel equivalent? Like one that's just like a bunch of autistic morons yelling at each other? Or one where you are stuck at character creation?

>i love 'base building' CYOAs

Make it happen user

I am not quite sure what would be my favourite part, It just calls to me all of it. but i would like to start with yourself and the fortress.

I mean /cyoag/ but with visual novels instead of cyoas, or at least with cyoas with advanced resolution mechanics

Let's go with the fortress, then. How exactly would you customize that? What would the options be? Maybe a choice between being attack or defense focused, or maybe you'd pick a certain number of elements for it?

Oh and i would like it to have a lot of quests and stuff like that

Not taking the bait! I'm not risking this being sad!