>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint (yes, the ellipses are part of the URL!)
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>Priming With Acrylic Gesso
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Priming_With_Acrylic_Gesso

>Green Stuff Casting
fromthewarp.blogspot.com/2011/11/molding-and-casting-shoulderpads.html
masteroftheforge.com/2012/05/21/rubber-molds-green-stuff/
masteroftheforge.com/2012/07/17/green-stuff-cast-shoulder-pad/

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>Reinforcements are en-route
youtube.com/watch?v=l_uH54r0lP4

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hakz6mMDTOM
youtube.com/watch?v=wrngFkqIxlw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Forgot last thread link

14 hours of painting boyz yesterday

another 14 today probably

and im not even a quarter done yet

1.36 MB JPG
Shit photo but what do you guys think of this design for an Iron Warriors torso? I'm sculpting as we speak and waiting a day for the green stuff to cure before adding the next step on it

Here's what I've sculpted thus far

>clip

That's just because of how I had to do the modification. In retrospect I could've raise his arm a bit more

I prefer clipazine

I don't know shit about guns ok? I play with fucking plastic toys

Looks good to me.

Very WIP Warzone Imperials to Imperial Guard platoon standard bearer.

Oh my god his head is so small

I never noticed that until you pointed it out, but you're right! Their heads are tiny. Especially next to their enormous shoulder pads. Predating WoW by many years, too!

If I dip my x-acto in water and clean resin mould lines does this decrease air cancer?

>tfw probably breathed in some resin dust

I keep a damp rag nearby to wipe the dust and line remover on.

Resin is dangerous only when in a fine dust

Some resin is more brittle and chalky than others-

Still not sure if it changes anything

your scillia and mucus will catch the resin chunks and you'll cought it up or shit it out.

Yeah, that increases dust output. Dremel or scrape your resin wet. Then rinse it to keep those dust particles away from your lungs. Or anyone else's, for that matter.

Another Intercessor Squad with Sergeant completed.

What are army painter paints like?

Personally, I'm a big fan. People that complain that they are watery, but those people clearly haven't shaken the bottle properly. I'm not a great painter, but I definitely like the paint more than Citadels, but Citadel have all of those lovely technical, tint and effect paints.

Only some of my colors are watery, like the black, and the wateriness doesn't affect their coverage. I WANT them to be watery.

For some reason most of my Army Painter paints are extremely thick, like the company just squirted as much paint as they could cram into the bottle. I'd prefer the paints to be thinner.

I'm not excellent at thinning paint, I get it right sometimes, but not always. I think the paint being thick is a good thing though, because when I do get it right, it goes a very long way. I've been using the same bottles for nearly a year.

Why are they all in the same pose?

And lol @ the 2nd row Marine on the left. Looks like he's questioning the decisions that brought him to that point.

Love your Soul Drinkers. Gonna convert a Spider librarian?

im kinda confused about how to follow up the squads, im eager to paint the shoulders black for ravenguard or carcharodon, but blue pauldrons are giving me some time to think about changing the colour scheme, letting the grey base as it is. No idea how to proceed or what colours to use

I split squads A and squads B into different groups to make it easier to knock them out a bit quicker, they're all from Know no Fear and Dark Imperium, the Sergeants are kitbashed from Lieutenants. The look like this when mixed with differently posed models, I just haven't got another picture to show it right now.

These are my homefluffed Emperor's Children replacement when Cawl plays with Traitor Geneseed. An user here named them The Phoneticians Resurgent.

In these videos, when Duncan applies the wash. Does he just wash the entire crest on the chest or does he selective wash each recess on it?

Why not just wash the whole miniature?

youtube.com/watch?v=hakz6mMDTOM

youtube.com/watch?v=wrngFkqIxlw

RG or Sharks are both great options. They're not well represented on table, especially Carchas.

yeah, my first point were the sharks, but im kinda down on the black and grey colour, if i put some blue pauldrons and knee plates would make em a different chapter, but im still confused and i dont want to experiment more for now, between using calgar blue or macrage blue, or just paint em black and be edgy

Whooops.
"Phoenicians"*

Decided to snap off his power sword and replace it with a chainsword. Almost done with the highlights at this point, only a few touch ups left to do. I might add a freehand or something later.

and le backside

how'd you get his beard/stubble looking so good

ah fuck wrong pic, this is what he looks like now

would you be mad if i fapped to these because your paint quality is making me erect

This was actually my first time painting facial hair, this is what I did.

1. paint his face normally
2. take some grey and black paint, water it down (A LOT) and start applying lighlty, use lighter grey first on the raised areas, and then use darker grey/black for the recesses
3. wash his beard/stubble with a bit of seraphin sepia, to make it look more brownish/transparent

not at all, I'm glad you like them

>mfw I'm planning on painting at least 15 of them
>and then an entire IG army

well, see you all again in 20 years I guess

depends,

if it has enough texture you can wash the entire thing, but a wash on a flat surface can cause stains and pooling or tint the surface colour. so you can selectively paint each recess.

or you can just do a wash over the entire surface and then go over the flat areas with the base colour to pop it out.

its situational based on colour, effect and model.

You'll paint every guardsman like that? That feel.

Every model in my army has to be eavy metal quality or my autism goes nuts at me for not being "perfect".

I think you've just convinced me to get that Warzone starter kit, user.

>when GW told you to mix paints, and told you different painting techniques like feathering and blending
Such were the days.

Nice! The models are really fun. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have so far.
A word of warning, the plastic is really hard, so chopping apart things for conversions requires a saw or strong clippers. And I think the hard plastic also means polystyrene cement glue doesn't work well. I use super glue to put the models together, with lots of pinning for conversions when I'm swapping around arms.

>tfw when you want to make a mechanized IG army
>tfw 8th comes around and chimeras are now shit
>tfw vets are now moved to elites

Life is suffering.

Had an hour to kill after work tonight so set about this little dude again.

they still do that, at times, in WD. whenever they have a 'eavy metal bit, that is.

It's much rarer now. Instead it's all about getting people to buy their step-process paints.

I know this feel too well, Sabre Searchlight cheese makes up for it though. Next purchase is some Bullgryns and make my opponents weep

Why are Primaris SO much cooler than tiny marines.

More natural proportions I figure, I hate the helmets but it's not an issue because the heads are the same size as the Marinelets

>monopose
>monopose everywhere
No

I think it's down to the proportions and the fact that the larger model means you can see how colourful and details they are.

>monopose for now
>monopose everywhere for now
Yes in a about 1-2 months i guess

yep, unfortunately. I can hope for a 'eavy metal guidebook someday for all their advanced techniques.
because they're newer. Though I like some of the older marks of armor better.

Does anyone remember that old hint that painting in a room lit with blue light would help you paint your Minis better or am I just insane?

The first non-monopose come out this weekend iirc. Reivers

yes there will be a multipose box of intercessors but everything else will be monopose, which is gay as fuck

I'd say the improved proportions plus posing makes them look a tad bit better. Johnny is an exception though as he is the most beautiful.

I use a blue day bulb
, but I'm not very good

My other Chaos Cultist felt lonely, so I made another friend for him. I really like the Neophyte Hybrids weapons, they're perfect for converting anything human-sized.

yellow light cast by tungsten ruins your perception of gradient, sop it's harder to highlight and wash and do all neat shit (if you're good at that).

getting a daylight blb is the first thing I tell anyone who wants to git gud at painting.

Could anyone link me a video on proper treatment of brushes? I just got a new set and don't want these fucked up instantly.

Why do gasmasks and robes always look so cool?

I knew I wasn't mad, thanks

yea I cant wait for them to probably ruin old marines and stop updating them, removing them for primaris marines, destroying decades of peoples work, because they want people to buy new stuff.

Heresyscience

Yay capitalism?

Next up is that hammer-toed Helbrute from the Dark Vengeance box. I really think that Helbrutes in general are sort of silly, so I wanted to sort of bridge the gap a little between them and regular dreads. This one uses parts from the Venerable Dreadnought kit. It's gonna take a bunch of green stuff to make it look nice, though.

And finally a better headshot. I think I've got something good down, it took a while to get all the right bits on this one.

t. manlet

So, Redemptor. Solid kit all around, I'd say, but it's not without issues.

- Main gun and secondary gun can be magnetized no problem, there are no shared parts between them. Stormbolters/frag launchers should be doable, but more fiddly. I only did the main gun, because I am lazy.
- The front armor and the beer gut could be left off. In fact, the upper armor is only clipped into place to begin with. Leaving off the beer gut would leave you with two awkward knobs that need shaving off though.
- Legs are fiddlly to pose because they are only slid into place, with no pegs to hold them. I had to pin them with brass rods for working out a semi-decent pose.
- All the armor can be slotted into place for fitting purposes and holds sorta well. In the pic all the armor save some hip guards are held in place that way, allowing for easy removal for basecoating.
- The mini-turrets for the stormbolters tend to rattle a lot and should probably be glued into place.
- One foot has flexible toes, the other is fixed, which is kinda shitty.
- Both arms feel like they have one joint too little. Something like a turning bit above the ellbow would have been nice.

The contemptor is probably still better for conversions.

I actually wouldn't mind it if they had other marks of armor and weapons, but they don't, and thats honestly its biggest turn-off for me. I love the scale and new things, but I also love the old types of armor and weapons.

I did a thing, making stencils sucks ass

They are too new for that, give them 2-3 years and the old marines will be completely replaced

>the beer gut could be left off
thank fuck for that, what was GW thinking?

Row row fight da WHAAAAAAGH?

>give them 2-3 years and the old marines will be completely replaced
Finally, my wallet will be free from this hell

Where is that maw bit from tho?

also cant wait to see that painted, is he gonna be devoted to a certain god or just chaos?

>Make wicked chapter master model after planning out every piece to get the look right
>dicking about with random bits and bodies and make a model that looks more badass
not again

I'm always suprised I get called on it

Where is a good place to buy plasticard? Need some before this weekend for a... project.

find a modelling store in your area. When that doesn't work ebay or amazon.

Come on man, you're on Veeky Forums

could try looking at railway model stores or if you got a university in your city go to the place where the architecture students go

Paint question:

Thinning paints is important but how do I 'thicken' my paints? When my paints sit on my wet palette for a while they absorb so much water I'm left with a wash. What do?

Picrelated

Hey /wip/, I just picked up some blank dice. What could I do to mark their faces that would survive the usual clattering against surfaces and each other that dice go through?

put less water in your sponge or whatever you are using below the baking paper

Add more paint from the pot to your pallet.

Would all purpose cleaner, limescale remover or caustic soda work to strip models?

add moar

That would be from the Skull Cannon of Khorne kit. It's actually two identical pieces that have been cut in half. My dudes are all Tzeentch-worshippers, hence the icon from the Burning Chariot kit up there.
>can't wait to see that painted
Yeah, about that...

are they plastic?
Yo could try transfering toner from a laserprint via pressing iron.
Saw a tutorial on that once, I imagine if you fuse the toner to the plastic it should hold better than varnish or whatever else you could do.

Here's my hobby space.

If you want to become a better painter, the first thing you want to do is kill shadow shadow. The circular lamp I have is fucking amazing for this. It's a slightly warmer colour than I wanted, but the white lights elsewhere in my room almost completely mitigate this.

When you see Duncan paint, his shit is always well-lit.

You're over thinning your paints in the first place, if you want to actually thicken your paints then you'll need some "medium", essentially it's just pigmentless acrylic carrier. The name changes up but I use Vallejo "Matte Medium"

isopropanol is cheap and good for removing acrylic

They're plastic, yeah. I'll look into that

It isn't an all purpose cleaner, but I get A+ results with denatured alcohol. Smells like the devils sweaty balls though.

Just going off of what i have available right now , lots of random cleaning chemicals , wondering if any will work

It's best to wait until you can get what will do the job. You don't want to ruin your mini.

all purpose will be fine if it's unvarnished and you scrub hard but do not use anything caustic or it'll fuck up your mini (same goes for the limescale remover)