Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

"Just the 'Fax, ma'am" edition

Old Thread: >GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf(and epub), SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>novels here
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>Other megas
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA (no 8e stuff here)

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing Abaddon's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>man face

Second for grey knights copy paste codex

Any DFW anons here? What's a good store to go to participate in fate of konor?

Grand Army of the Imperium, rally 'round!

The eve of total war is upon us! The Great Enemy and all its worthless allies will soon be upon us, and we will meet them with bolt and sword! We shall slaughter and slay them with such fury and speed, that their so called "gods" will choke on their putrid souls!

Grand Armies of the Imperium, sound off! Sound off your chapter, your order, your regiment! Sound off, for we march for Konor!

KONOR WILL FALL! The imperials will be rooted from their home sectors and replaced with nurgles hoards. Imperials will continue sending aid to re claim the fallen sectors. We in turn raid the ever living shit out of the support effort for a very long time.

How are you planning to run your new tacticals?

I'm thinking multiple squads with auto bolt rifle and a powersword with Ultramarine tactics so they can fire twice, assault, fall back, and fire again, blitzkrieg style.

>Dark Eldar

2nd for Greyfax.

You the dumbest Arcon in existance, playing the short term gain game when in the long term it will leave you without sustinance, a wise leader knows that Chaos gaining ground doesn't benefit us at all. Sure in the short term we can take advantage of the confusion to grab some more slaves from the Imperium, but if they Imperials loose then we are left with no herd of cattle to take from, and if they win then they will soon push out or send troops elsewhere leaving their populace just as vulnerable as they are now in any case. You are daft.

Silence. Now is not the time for slaves. The very claws of the warp rend at our bounty; and you think this will be a stalemate? If Chaos is victorious here, there shall be no worlds left to plunder. Do not forget by whose hands the Dark City was saved.

What does she do? I still need to get that codex

Wait, you're just picking whatever tactics you want? Use the ones that actually apply to you dingus.

23rd Cohort under the command if Magos Dunnikan Rhodian. May your tip stay forever pointed.

Feedback on a mostly-Sisters list? Some friends are putting together a China order, so I have the opportunity to play my girls again, with some additional toys.

Spearhead Detachment:
>Celestine
>1 Geminae Suspira
>10 Seraphim
>5 Dominions w/ 4x Melta and Combi-Melta
>Immolator
>5 Dominions w/ 4x Melta and Combi-Melta
>Immolator

Battalion Detachment
>Greyfax
>Canoness w/ Plasma Pistol and Power Sword
>Imagifier
>Imagifier
>Vindicare
>10 Vigilators
>Null-Maiden Rhino
>9 Sisters w/ 2x Flamer, Combi-Flamer, and Power Maul
>Rhino
>9 Sisters w/ 2x Flamer, Combi-Flamer, and Power Maul
>Rhino
>11 Sisters w/ 3x Storm Bolter
>Exorcist
>Exorcist

For 2000 points on the dot.

The plan is for the Seraphim to screen Celestine, Greyfax and the Canoness to shack up with the 9-sister squads and the Imagifiers with the Dominions, and then run my metal boxes up the board. The Bolter Sisters, Exorcists, and Vindicare provide a fire base on my side of the field.

It's a successor chapter you silly goose.

Blood Ravens reporting in, ready to kick the ass of some heretics.
None shall find us wanting

That's pretty nice, what bits did you use for that?

If the user who converted the epubs sees this or someone who knows them sees this, can you please share the fonts found in the epubs please?

>We swear Xenos are relevant this edition
>We can confirm they'll get codices in the future, sometime in the future, maybe this decade

Emperor's champion Rehnskiöld of the carolus ceusade will heed the call!

Dark Angels reporting in, may the traitors face holy retribution this day.

Why is meme legion so beloved and based?

Yannari cult sympathizing imperial loving old ways shunning Guilly cock sucking bitches the lot of ya!

Start with yourself

Primaris veterans when, they'd be pretty nice with stormbolters are powerswords.

>(((faggot)))
>Not traitor

O-Okay grand master David Schlomo Wolovitz Shelkelstein

Anyone have a mega that has a pdf for pic related?

The Order of the Bloody Rose stands ready to unleash the Emperors wrath.

Go be warm bath water for GK's somewhere else.

Do you forget who sieges the dark city you dumb shit?

Hail Hydra

Whose chapter tactics would be most appropriate for an Alpha Legion Primaris successor?

>order of the bleeding flower

Racen gaurd

The most op : ravenguard

Uhh Yannari led Chaos Daemons?

Don't think I don't see the tyranid charm sticking out behind you coat of arms!

Vect vies the metaphysical threat that the Ynnari pose to the Dark Eldar way of life as a greater threat than the daemons. The daemons are already being beaten back by the combined power of the Kabals/Covens + The Shadow Realm. The Ynnari are the serious problem now.

Why the fuck is it hard to believe that Sisters of Silence can have sex? The codexes says they did. Normal humans feel stressed and frightened from pariahs but that's no different than normal sex.

IN FACT, one of Abnett's characters was a pariah girl who worked as a hooker!

Maybe raven guard as that's what their mirrors image is

>mfw you remember there's at least 4 stories of Alpharius being killed, all of which are probably lies

The Alpha Legion are the best legion.

The Ynnari are what caised the daemons to invade in the first place. They must be punished..

Exorcist are too expensive. Using Repressors is a lot better, probably one of the main advantages of sisters overall even. I don't think imagifiers do enough, and if I were buying new stuff I'd go for 18 arcos with priest in rhinos.

>parish hooker
Oh yeah call me dirty names and make me feel awkward, I'm a manslut

FUCKING THIS.

>there is no alpha legion, it's other legions masquerading as them
alphaception

Ya'll are dumbshits if you don't realize that deamons have been besieging the Dark City since long before that bitch and her cult showed up. She's nothing, small change. What we need to worry about is the damn deamons. Helping their mortal followers gain traction is not the way to go about things.

>What does she do?
be a qt

It's possible to decode the font files with a little bit of programming, but the fonts in the indexes (or at least, the forgeworld ones) seem to be missing random letters.
You'd be better off just taking the filenames and looking online for full versions to download.

We're getting a codex just for Death Guard, it's clear that they aren't interested in consolidating factions in codexes.

Are you stupid? If you're in range to assault the bolt rifle is strictly better. The only use for the auto bolt rifle is kiting the enemy from range.

The rebirth of that bitch Yvarine caused Khaine's Gate to explode in the first place. The daemons are being swept away from the city. As long as the Ynnari live the whole Kabal system and the monopoly of the Covens are in dire danger of crumbling.

Takwin Fleet, Seventeenth Clade. Divisio Genetor reporting. We may be a little late, cooking up some countermeasures and Archmagos Treides says he has some new toy he's working on. We'll see how Nurgle's rabble like the Red Cloud.

Yeah but I was assuming the guy who converted the epubs in the first place would have the fonts to share.

>Lion awakens
Kills a fuck ton of his own legion in secret because he's worried they will reveal the secret of The Fallen.
>Russ comes back
Grimnar will create a force of Space Wolves that break away from their legion because they realize he's a brute who doesn't give a shit about the Imperial citizens and will do anything that's asked of him without question.
>Dorn reappears
Is mad as fuck that the Imperial fists let the Phalanx get buttfucked so he takes everyone to Medrengard to fuck shit up, determined to annihilate the IW, or be annihilated trying.
>Corax resurfaces
Sees the Primaris as a new hope for his chapter, but is worried that their geneseed is tainted. He asks Cawl to experiment on him and it turns out that there is a genetic flaw that recycles every 2500 generations. But what will this mean for the Primaris marines under Corax's command?
>Vulkan comes back
His insanity makes it difficult for his chapter to relate to him and vice versa. They all want to please Vulkan but he has voilent mood swings. During one battle, he orders the unthinkable — an exterminatus on a loyal planet that has some unspoken connection to the Primarch. He'stan is torn between honouring his genefather's wishes, or protecting a planet of Imperial citizens.
>Jaghatai Khan returns
His distaste of the Imperium is clear. He sviews Humanity as a species swiftly heading to hell, and he sees Guilliman as a fool paving the road of good intentions that will take them there. But his love of humanity has not waned, so what will he have to do to save it?

The gate breaking down predates ynnari.
Ynnari sped things up because they are reckless, but the gate was always going to fall.

But it was fairly under control with the gates Vect had put up. And if the daemons are in a feeding frenzy over some imperial shit they aren't bothering us. Imperials will be fighting at a chaos strong point for a loooong ass time after.

Literally two out of the next four will be Xenos, if you haven't already figured this out you haven't been paying attention.

Battle Brother Buzzus Lightyear reporting for duty

Elysian drop troops ready to Deploy where we are needed !

Well that's all well and good, but it doesn't explain why you want to help the chaos worshipers gain ground.

Thoughts on doomsday ark vs annihilation barge?

Do they need a Spyder?I wanna run one for my monolith anyway but in the lists I don't take it in I'd like to know another opinion

The gate was breaking already, see the 7e codex, which is pre-trial. Ynnari just sped things up. Stopping the ynnari will do nothing to plug the hole.

Mantis warrior of the Mantis Religiosa reporting in, for justice!

Page 7 of their codex.

Any real world guns that would look good as a lasgun?

To infinity AND DOWN WITH THE FALSE EMPEROR!!!!

Just to spite the Ynnari. Isn't that a reason enough?

adbnett doesn't know the fucking fluff then
normal humans are naturally revolted by pariahs

like i get it the pariahs are perfect waifu bait, oh no a pretty grill and chad is being mean to her!
but fluffwise you're not seeing a pretty girl being hounded by chad, you see a disgusting creature , barely human, and you feel hatred, disgust, revulsion , unease

for a blank it could be possible

>closet chaos

143rd Krieg Siege Regiment, at the ready!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFUCKINGBLOODTHIRSTERSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

AAAAH!

I don't zoggin care who wins, we'z gonna krump da lot of ya and whoevva's left can 'ave dem planets.

BS
I thought it was IG next and then more marines after

This bathe the star ways in yannari/imperial blood. They are one in the same in my eyes. That bitch brought back row boat AND blew up the kaine gate fuck'em.

See They were able to form families, but still had trouble thanks to being pariahs

Hydra Dominatus.

well i stand corrected
interesting

The mantis warriors are honorable, HONORABLE!

So did you thumb up, heart, or gaspy-face

So, as someone said early, you're an idiot who is too shortsighted to actually see the big picture and deserve to die, got it.

God damn, that's awesome

Just need to see your credentials imperial citizen.

Probably mostly standard, with one, maybe two running Stalkers providing support fire.

Petty shortsightedness is within the character of many Archons.

Anyways, in the Gothic War series and in EoT, the Dark Eldar were allies of Abaddon and his forces.

>seeking Horus's soul to resurrect him
TRICK! HORUS'S SOUL WAS OBLITERATED BY THE EMPEROR. AS LOYAL IMPERIAL SOLDIERS, THE ALPHA LEGION WOULD NOT SEARCH FOR SOMETHING THAT CAN NEVER BE FOUND.

>There are no other legions, loyal or traitor, only Alpha Legion masquerading as them

Which is bizarre in and of itself

I could get it if they wanted to package all the god related stuff into their own books, and release a "Codex: Disciples of Nurgle" with DG and nurgle demons, but a straight death guard book, if it has all the same options as listed in the index will just be like 90% copy pasted from the generic chaos codex.

Now maybe they're going to use this as an opportunity to show deviation/specialization of all the forces of chaos, like flamers/melta weapons are costed less in the DG book compared to the regular dex, or vehicles have access to unique and disgusting upgrades, but I have my doubts.

And this also begs the question of are god units like plagues and zerkers even going to be in the chaos dex as elite choices anymore, or are they going to be only available rules wise through their respective codex? I could easily see GW requiring you to pay for 2 or 3 books on top of the rule book just to play a valid army from the same faction.

Ok, that doesn't make them not idiots?

Jokes on you, the next loyalist Primarch will be Omegron; this will force Gulliman into an akward posistion where has to ally with the Alpha Legion.

So what are the Grey Knights like nowadays? I know they were shit on for a good while for being Special Boys and having some real whack fluff, but I've been out of the loop for YEARS.

Why is there still no mention of Necrons and Tau in Ultramarines fluff
They've literally got two xenos empire/dynasties expanding on their front door.

Or, perhaps the Emperor actually didn't and the secret task the Emperor gave them is seeking his soul, which is a weapon that will kill Guilleman, and allow Alpharius to rule the Imperium?

>omegron
>Omegon and Angronius fused once more

But how we don't even live in real space what's back water planet(in real space)got to do with our survival m8?

A lot of the worst stuff from the Ward codex was retconned, they got some face time in gathering storm.

Ruleswise they're pretty good in 8th, power armor is legit. Storm bolters are really good

I don't know why everyone thinks the Lion will join REEEEE at the whole fallen thing.
Sure the Luther the prophetic fuck that he is has been saying that when the Lion returns he shall absolve him and the rest of the fallen of their sins. Now whether that means kill them all is another thing, but I don't think he'll take it out on his legion to protect some secret that only started years after his disappearance

Codex: Blood Angels, Codex: Dark Angels, Codex: Space Wolves, Codex: Grey Knights, and Codex: Ultramarines (and friends).

It's only fair Chaos get Codex: Death Guard, Codex: World Eaters, Codex: Thousand Sons, Codex: Emperor's Children, and Codex: Black Legion (and friends).