Ok Veeky Forums The Imperium invades Earth

Sends Execution force to G20 Summit, what would happen (besides a massacre)?

Kim proudly announces this was the fruit of his secret research all along.

People would shitpost a bit less for maybe a day, then they would go for full overdrive shitposting.

>Pray for G20
>#NotTheEntireImperium

Not sure what answer besides "They thoroughly own our shit" you 're expecting, op.

Everyone in G20 dies, except for the cameramen etc, in the most brutal and terrifying manner ever. After this has been broadcast, the cameramen etc die too.

Doubt the Imperium'd do that.
Most likely a ship or two would drop by, put up some orbital palace for the planetary governor, and he'd communicate down we need to produce X tons of this, Y tons of that, etc, and drop it all there.

I imagine that those assassins would be used to put the summit in it's place, and would be used to bring their countries to compliance.

And maybe kill one or two (once all their security force's have been disposed of), just to make the message crystal clear.

Interestingly enough, there were a few UFO sightings back in 2007 that looked remarkably like Imperial cruisers.

There was a conspiracy theory bouncing around old-Veeky Forums for a time that the "financial crisis" was just cover for the Imperium collecting its tithe.

>Eversor comes in
>Kills all leaders except for a handful
>Callidus infiltrates one of the country and becomes their leader
>Vanus creates a terror group from nothing, it actually doesnt exist and its actually the Eversor and Vindicare going wild
>Culexus infiltrates nuclear silos and plants from the other countries so Vanus can hack their launching codes
>Small country, like France, with nukes has their arsenal unleashed, instant nuclear retaliation destroys the country
>Terror group takes the blame for the incident
>Callidus begins talks to other countries about world government, leaders objecting to this are assassinated by the terrorists and supplanted by the Callidus
>Once world government is achieved the Imperium arrives and begins assimilating and empowering this new government and funnel Earth's resources.

Or just Nuclear annihilation and Imperium can mop up the rest.

that's rad

What if earth actually turns out to be an eldar maiden world

It is FAR worse.
Eldar will wage genocidal war to wipe us out, and will succeed handily.

I'd open up my fucking butthole and welcome our Eldar masters in.

Immediately proclaim loyalty the Imperium, try my hardest to contact Guard or Inquisition authorities and fight for the cause. Fuck this gay earth.

A global /pol/tard revolt in favor of the Imperium, a sizable majority of the U.S. and Europe fall to Slaanesh, Khorne claims the Middle East and much of Africa, and Nurgle has a heyday in Asia.

It would be very interesting to see how it would unfold. Do the neckbeard nazi/zealots/neets really become the objective good guys? Do they swing it? Is the west that decadent (stupid question)?

Terrorist and Aliens attacked the Earth.Thankfully i was there to stop them.Unfortunately the muslim world was glassed.SAD!

The God-Emperor comes out of hiding and asks WTF are they doing here now (cuz obvious time travel). Invading force collectively shits themselves as they realize they just interfered with the still living Emperor's plan.

Given the brilliance of Imperial tactics and strategy in WH40K they don't have a chance against anyone except maybe Italy.

>I imagine that those assassins would be used to put the summit in it's place
no
assassins are used to kill
they would kill the G20
you dont send assassins to do a diplomats job

Aye

>The Imperium invades Earth

Seriously, does no one here actually know anything about 40k?

The one quality post.

In your dream, shithead.
Italy is the only big country in Europe without terrorism attack since the "90

Are you literally a Russian troll?

I only look out the window

That's because muslims don't want to lose their pier to Europe.
>Russian troll
>shills for Italy
Nah.

Maybe, or Italian Intel is just better than shit-tier france and english's: MI6 is a thing only in Bond movies

All the imperials die because their weapons say they are really great in the books, but if you look at actual specs, they pale in comparison compared to any modern option.

Bongs cannot into /k/. This is an established fact.

It's not just their weapons. Imperium strategy is also beyond retarded, like sending a hundred of angry dudes with next to no support to conquer a planet.

I think that wouldn't actually win over the planet. All respective countries could go on without such leaders. Even so, blyat, shit and merda happens all at once.

>Whole planet goes on war-footing.
>War on Terror becomes actually accepted globally and extended towards space invaders.
>Militaries over the world cream their pants upon studying las-guns.
>Their power packs alone would make current combustion engines and solar painels obsolete.
>We mass produce what we find out to be effective: Orion Battleships, common sense, nuclear one-shot surface-to-orbit cannons and hope.
>The outcome depends on the size of the imperial expedition
>But any kind of victory for us is going to be horrible, provoke social unrest and revolutions, drain the economies, fuck up the planet.
>All this would be further catalyzed by the technological revolutions
>and widespread acceptance and/or necessity of nuclear weaponry as triumph.
>Space exploration and colonization would improve though.

BTW, this is an Orion Battleship. Its propulsion is shooting shaped-charge nukes to push it forwards.

honestly, the russian fun gun probably could take out most things in 40k.

user, do you know anything about the canon of how the Imperium handles first contact with human worlds?

What's much more likely to happen is something like . The Imperium shows up, announces that we're going to join them (or else), and then starts sending down missionaries to convert us to the Imperial Creed by setting up frameworks wherein our native faiths are recognized as really being worship of the Emperor.

We're then given the task of selecting a Planetary Governor (and if we can't, one will be selected for us), and the Administratum arrives to begin assessing us for tithes.

>Italy
>Better at anything than France or Britain
I don't think so.

I guess the US-funded Secret Nazi Cabala and the Mafia are doing a good job at keeping other terrorists out?

Italy have bigger and better armed forces than the UK.

They even have a carrier.

Honestly the British armed forces are only good at being target practice for Argentinians and other third worlders, or valets for US soldiers.

40k table top is just an indoctrination piece to soften the blow when the planetary governor reveals himself and we all get tithed into guardsmen

They would probably get rekt unless they employed Terminatus.
Imperium weaponry and tactics are hot garbage compared to actual modern stuff.

Shit, I made a typo. Meant Exterminatus. I'm bad at this typing thing.

We XCOM now baby
Can't wait to bang 3 hours dead SoB pussy

And here I was thinking the imperium had some kind of fucking terminators that I never heard about.
You know, the real terminators. Not those knockoff fat space marines.

>Imperium weaponry and tactics are hot garbage compared to actual modern stuff.

Their infantry rifles will probably rek our tanks vehicles, choppers and aircrafts.

Are you high?
Lasguns wouldn't do jack shit.
Modern armour, at least the tank variety, is tough as fuck. Even a projectile that can penetrate a fucking entire metre of solid steel can be stopped by it flat.
Modern AT weaponry usually rates penetration at higher than a metre of steel to be able to get through that shit.

it doesn't really matter how strong the rifles are, the effective range is so short you could snipe them with a pistol.

>imperial battleship sits in orbit

>blows up every concentration of military force on the planet

>sends down the guard to force a surrender

space superiority would completely decide the battle. humanity would surrender almost immediately

>>blows up every concentration of military force on the planet
Good luck fuckboy.
Imperial long-range sensors are hot trash while military bases in the real world aren't NEARLY as easily noticeable as in 40k. They simply wouldn't know where to bombard.
Also, fuck my life - captcha just made me solve about 8 prompts in a row before letting me post.

Pfff... No fucking way the countries of Earth would unite even for a second. If anything, there would be a massive WW3-tier conflict for deciding who becomes the bestest butt-buddy of the Imperium.

>Seriously, does no one here actually know anything about 40k?

What is fiction

Assuming they're not screwed by the russian fun gun.

thats pretty cool

what if every reccision is just the imperium collecting its tithe?

What if 40k, is just a propaganda work?

what if orks?

>They simply wouldn't know where to bombard.

You know what they would do in that case, right?

Exterminatus wouldn't let them conquer us, so my assertion holds - they can't effectively conquer Earth.

>Tzeentch "Just as Planned"s in the distance

Some Imperium forces are legit intelligent, "modernized", and tactically smart and aware such as with Combined Arms Warfare.

While some are outright complete idiots who literally CHAAARGE! towards enemies in conga line.

Makes you sometimes think on who tends to be more incompetent and stupid, Grim-Derp Imperium Forces or Arab Armies?

Who the fuck said Exterminatus?

Do you really think the Imperial arsenal goes from "Precision Orbital Strike" straight to "Exterminatus"?

They would fire those same orbital strikes at anything that looked important until we gave up.

You think because they can't identify military bases they aren't going to bombard SOMETHING ELSE?

Civilian deaths would be in the billions.

Eh,with enough bodies,they probably could overrun Earth. We're not united now,never will be. All they need is a couple of regiments,formed up into a Combined Arms Battlegroup with Naval Support. They're probably already won,if the guy in charge of the invasion is semi-competent.

You do realise we could just EMP these ships to death? As far as I recall 40k, Imperium doesn't have any anti-EMP defence whatsoever. Heck, vehicles sometimes fucking explode because of EMP grenades.
And we can EMP them with nukes which are powerful enough to fry electric grids in entire nations.

Assuming that Earth even has EMP weapons that are potent enough to disrupt the electronics of all the ships at the same time,it might work.

Weaponized anti-fungal medication and Athelete's Foot Powder.

EMP?

I'm half convinced their entire fleet is controlled by fucking vacuum tubes.

But sure, let's say we can EMP them.

NOW THEY KNOW WHERE THE NUKES CAME FROM.

And we return to the start.

Them bombarding military bases.

Also, odds are good that all bases locations would be leaked by people looking to gain favour within the first 24 hours.

>NOW THEY KNOW WHERE THE NUKES CAME FROM.
Aka scattered all across the world.
Only about 10% of the nukes are in stationary silos. The vast majority is on mobile platforms such as trains, armoured vehicles, or submarines.

We have plenty of nukes. Saturation bombing doesn't have to come strictly from the sky.

Well compared to the Imperium, we the people of Earth have common sense, compassion, open minded understanding, and hope for a better day and better future.

A lot these things the Imperium lacks.

Kind of hard to bombard anything when your buttons don't fucking work because the electronics are fried, user.

The Imperium,however. Has lots of Lance's,Macrocannons,Torpedoes and Guardsmen to throw at us.

Yeah, Earth demolishes the Imperium in any reasonable comparison (other than "Imperium literally throws billions of people at us" or something like that) because the Imperium was DESIGNED to be shit by the writers of the setting. It's written as intentionally horrid, shitty, impractical, and inefficient.
All while our militaries generally strive to be rational, practical, and efficient.

How many of those would realistically be thrown at a lone human-populated world which doesn't even worship Chaos? It would take a few billion guardsmen to conquer Earth, which isn't something Imperium would throw away on a random-ass planet.
They would much more realistically just cut their losses and pretend we don't exist.

Alternative scenario compared to the Imperium trying to invade and conquer us.

The Earth; OUR Earth, becomes "The Free Planet" or "The/A Neutral Planet." We have no allegiance to the Imperium, but we are not aligned with the Imperium's enemies, the Tau, not "pro-eldar" and we do not worship chaos because we are not complete idiots and morons compared to almost everyone in 40K's world.

Imperium personnel, eldar travelers and tau merchants/non-military caste personnel get to step into our world for some RnR. Or some time outside of their own hectic lives, no weapons will be raised, they get to abide by our laws so long as they are in our planet/orbit. And in return we offer them things they normally cannot get in their homes and lives.

And perhaps someone else can elaborate much better than I can...

Earth would quickly become pretty damn great in that scenario tbqh.
Unlike almost every faction in the setting (with the exception of Tau), we still have active science and research. By reverse-engineering bought samples of technology, we could apply our own science to jump leaps ahead, which, combined with rationality and practicality, would make our militaries truly formidable despite limited size.

The Imperium would conquer Earth easily. Nuclearweapons are standart macroweapons. Also psyker would just brain control our leader and learn all our secrets. We would have no chance.

Your are overestimating earth. We are just a small world. The Imperium has SM, FTL and Psykers. Also their god is real.

All these posts saying and even elaborating how our real life military strength; US Military, European Armed Forces, Russians, would utterly beat adn demolish imperium forces.

But not only that, it makes me think and believe that even fucking Arab nations and their already incompetent military can do well against the Imperium forces like says.

Finally the Imperial Military/Astra Militarum and even the Space Marines, a military force that is even worse more stupid than Arab Armies. To the point it'd be unsurprising to see Islamic Militants: ISIS, Al Shabab, etc. Shooting at fleeing guardsmen who got rekt by IEDs, AK and RPG wielding kebabs all while said kebabs are standing on top of the wreck of Leman Russ tank while shouting their obligatory Allahu Akbars.

The Imperium excells at war of attritons. They have space ships. We don't. The Imperium would wage war against us that would last centuries. The triumph of the Imperium will be.

Their space marines are honestly just a bunch of big roided out dudes in dumb metal armor and oversized dumb weapons. Alot of people have already pointed out that alot fo real life weaponry can beat space marines, even a Librarian.

The Imperium's "FTL" is literally traveling through hell, which apparently sounds like its meant to be impractical and bad. Does not sound like an advantage to me, and we can all bet our Earth can build actual FTL and not need to travel through hell because my grimdark says so.

Also the Imperium's god while yes he's real, he does almost absolutely nothing at all but stay glued to a fancy golden toilet.

The G20 are allowed to bring an equal number of points of Bodyguards, Police, and Soldiers. Overwhelm the assassins with number of shots and holding objectives. Assassins get swamped by CC by turn 6

user... Are you saying heavily armed popos can easily and rationaly beat a highly enhanced imperial assassin hooked up in super-mari-meth-coke-juana?

The Emperor protects the faithful. Just send some Sororita and let them accomplish their feats of faith and you will see all of our religions crumble.
> No army is great enough to conquer the galaxy, only faith alone can overrun the cosmos.

Also psykers.

As the religions of Earth would simply allow a bunch of pretty white haired cunts to abolish OUR faith. Especially certain dessert dwelling people in parts of Africa, and in the Middle East. Sororitas would end up becoming Halal'd if you ask me.

Yes

The Imperium would just obliterate these parts and take the rest of the world.
They have psykers that can see the future. That can read our minds and control them
Their AK47 is better than ours.

The Imperium can TRY. You just gotta know that somewhere somehow wants to activate the XCOM project

>The Imperium would just obliterate these parts and take the rest of the world.
Their ships will just get EMP'ed out of orbit as soon as they try.
>They have psykers that can see the future. That can read our minds and control them
Our chains of command are pretty damn decentralised. Controlling a single person won't really do jack shit.
>Their AK47 is better than ours.
Lol no. The lasgun is garbage compared to actual modern weapons. AK47 isn't modern. Something like AK103 or at least AK74 are.

>the expeditionary force gets it's dick tore up like they stuck it in a blender
>imperial navy lance batteries destroy most of our civilization
>a proper army of conquest is mustered and we are crushed
>later a mid level Administratum flunky sorting through the documentation on these ferals who were recently returned to the emperor's light sees that we believed we were living on holy terra and has him a chuckle
>then he gets to the casualty figures and quirks an eybrow at the mauling these bumpkins inflicted
>he shrugs, stamps the papers and forwards them to the munitorium
>we become a fortress world

The end

> EMP
Our military hardware is already hardened aginst those kind of attacks. The Imperium shoots atmic bomb against each other. They are secure against EMP.

Decentralization will not help if your enemy can see the future and mindrape all important information out of your brain

You only need to throw a lasgun into a fire to reload it. That is pretty good.

>They are secure against EMP.
Then explain how Tau EMP grenades, which are certainly less powerful than an EMP powerful enough to fry a continent's worth of electric grid, wreck the shit out of vehicles.
>Decentralization will not help if your enemy can see the future and mindrape all important information out of your brain
Except the Imperium isn't Eldar and are pretty unreliable at this.
>You only need to throw a lasgun into a fire to reload it. That is pretty good.
I don't see how that means anything other than "ammo is easy to get by".

>marines be like
>do what we always do, two dudes surpress, two dudes move forwards

Then they find out that cover does nothing and humvees are useless when every gun on the other side's effectively a .50 BMG

The Tau also have man-portable rail guns worth shit. Their material science are centuries ahead of ours.

Irrelevant.
With an EMP, the only metric that matters is how much power you put into it.
There is simply no other relevant metric whatsoever.

Just imagine, for a moment, just how fast our nations would come together to prevent a hostile takeover from outer space.
Our industries worldwide would gear up for war, research into space warfare would advance decades with a real threat from the stars.
In fact, the Imperium would possibly be one of the worst foes to fight, as they are humans as well and the risk of them playing on a nation's greed to have them turn against the rest of us as insurgents would be much higher than say if the Orks showed up.
Honestly though, if the Imperium showed up in our solar system to subjugate us, they could never win in a ground war unless they used their ships to annihilate almost the entire planet.
Assuming it's the same Imperium from the tabletop game, that means that we have perfect information of our foes and know EXACTLY what their combat doctrines and deployable forces are.
We would also know how they work psychologically, as in we could probably easily broker a truce or peace of some kind until someone with real clout came to talk to us.
Also, assuming that everything in 40k is also true, the big E himself is chilling out around here somewhere, and he would put a stop to hostilities immediately if the Imperium forces tried anything fancy like glassing Earth with nukes.
In addition, every Imperial soldier, ship, piece of machinery we got our hands on, it would slingshot our war research immensely. We could likely reverse engineer Imperial technology and use it right back at them.
The two outcomes are; Imperial Guard lose the ground war, broker peace OR Imperial Guard lose the ground war, then try to ruin us from orbit then try again. Also most of our nuclear weapons are launched from mobile platforms, not static silos, and so our largest deterrent cannot be pinpointed and locked down

>millions of soldiers come out of nowhere and invade every country on earth
>they have spaceships and giant robots that we can't even scratch the paint of
>people think the earth would last for more than a couple of hours or be able to do any meaningful damage to the invasion
The best we could do is launch nukes at everything and even that would be a infinitesimal loss for the Imperium.. Because the idea that the military is going to be able to launch a meaningful counterattack against millions of enemy soldiers who have randomly appeared at strategic points throughout their country is retarded.

I'm saying that they can put a lot more power into stuff than we can.

Modern military tactics and strategy would probably be the best thing to happen to the Guard, thanks to use being literal centuries ahead of some regiments in military science. Our troops would probably be one of the best, with special forces rivaling storm troopers once they're properly equipped

>We could likely reverse engineer Imperial technology and use it right back at them.

user, we won the race for Empire when we switched from blackpowder to smokeless, mainly because everybody else couldn't reproduce those in their backyards and because they were an insane upgrade over black powder.

We'd be facing exactly that situation with the Imperium.