Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Alpha Legion Thread

Old Thread: >GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf(and epub), SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>novels here
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>Other megas
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA (no 8e stuff here)

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing Abaddon's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Black Templars are good again! Bless this edition!.

>implying

Show your working.

Quick! Favorite terminators? I like scarab occult

Xth for konor will not fall

Tau are still OP. Their only weakness is melee and they get tons of rules and gear to stop opponents from getting into melee. The Tau have no weaknesses anymore. Way to go GW.

For the glory of Kekistan!

>Like the fact BT are actually good for once
>Don't like the fact the overly competitive faggots at my store are already looking at starting them

What's good about Scarab Occult in your view?

They can't take power fists, and I rate swords quite low.

Their guns are decent though. Psyker leader is meh. +1 save vs 1 damage attacks isn't that great.

Making a Warboss from a Nob, what can I do to make him look warbossy?

They hit on 4s and their ranged attacks aren't that amazing.

What is it?

GREY KNIGHTS
FUCKING CONFIRMED

I'm just a huge sucker for Cataphractii aesthetically, though their slow asses are still so goddamn slow that I'd probably just use them as Indomitus armour instead.

Sum dakka?

Manlets, when will they learn?

Whatever you say bitch boy, my Genestealers are coming for your asses

Just one crisis suit throws out a fuckton of dice dipshit.

Mostly the aesthetic. They look beautiful, plus their power khopeshes are cool. Statwise I dunno, haven't been able to finish painting this squad so I can't test them on tabletop yet.

Konor falls tomorrow lads!

MODELS

Good: new Astra militarum sculpt.

Bad: Some shitty sponson on a vehicle

Probably: Some crappy inquisitor named character for GK codex.

what's up with the white area on the left-hand side? trigger guard? if so it may be a laspistol

bigger jaw, bigger gun, bigger boss pole, and bigger

some special character's las pistol probably. Probably a ratling

Anyone have a link with the heresy series audiobooks?

Can I participate in the Konor Campaign like mid/end of August? Or do I have to be there by end of July?

reminds me of a 2nd edition lascannon

What's making them good anyway? The chapter tactic? Seems kinda lackluster to me but I'm not that good at the game..

So who else is avoiding Necron and Tau players this edition?

Every week is just reporting the results of your matches to a participating store breh.

I really like Tartaros. I wish they had a captain option

>plastic inquisitorial acolytes

Bigger what, user? Bigger what?!

more like plastic sister confirmed, fuckboi.

Why might you be doing that user?

could be a bit of gubbins like a tube or something for a new las carbine in the style of the PPS or MP40

Blood angels Godwing terminators

I painted a rowboat a while ago. I wanna go touch up some things with glaze next I get the chance.

I thought Tau were way tone down now, what's the problem?

>
Imperial Fists:

-Seeking revenge for the attack on the Phalanx, the Imperial Fists launch an invasion of the Iron Warrior's newly fortified world of Ironhold (original). Aided by several Knight Houses, they win and defeat their arch-rivals, taking the planet for the Imperium.

Lmao. IW are so shit

Here's my white bois 8======D

Kay

Because i don't enjoy getting tabled on turn 2.

>avoiding tau
why, they're not even good aside from commander spam, which is done by most by proxying the new crisis suits. Just don't play against someone spamming quad weapon commanders, it's simple and you don't appear autistic

Rerolling charges, makes deep striking units pretty good and if youre not charging then youre not a Templar! But what I think makes them pretty good is their relic which will make a generic chapter master give rerolls out the ass to anything 9'' away or a lieutenant with a 9'' bubble of rerolling 1s to wound, shit is fucking cash.

>Monopose, snapfit plastic inquisitorial acolytes

Those mantises?

>tabled turn 2 by tau
this isn't 7th

What army are you running?

I play Iron Hands so i have no way of dealing with them.

Paul Blart??

Better than the cultists chaos has had for 3 editions then
Best place to get the heavy weapon teams now some are out of stock on GW page

Nice on the glow. Had to take a second look to see how you did that. I like the hazard striping too. How you gonna base em?

You're a space marine army, of course you do.

deez nutz

Make me a 2000pt Iron Hands list that stands a chance against Tau. Protip, you can't.

>plays marines
>has no way of dealing with tau
Try being dark eldar m8

>>hat bullgryn
Hee hee.

Sum moar

Codex Chaos Space Marines when?

Question about weapons such as a Knight's Titanic Feet: When it says "Make 3 hit rolls for each attack with this weapon instead of 1", does that mean it's effectively tripling it's attacks, or that each attack just has three chances to generate it's hit?

Because if it means that a Knight stomping around just gets x3 attacks I see very little reason to take other melee weapons unless you really need it to Rock'em Sock'em Knight Fight other Titans.

Why would you avoid necrons...?

Are each of the rumour engines part of a new figure? As in, they're not multiparts of the same kit? Did we ever figure out what the grenade bundle was for?

After GK.

Like two weeks my dude.

Or maybe Death Guard was first and CSM is like a month and a half out, it was one or the other.

You at least have effective troops.

Triple attacks.

Next in the running so pretty soon I guess.
I wonder if they'll expand the Fallen rules (if if they'll leave them out entirely and stick them in Codex DA or some other random supplement later)

Chaos (marine) players, what are you hoping for with codex: CSM?
I mostly just want some fun psychic powers for my Thousand Sons again.

Basically, Titanic Feet is a melee 3 weapon, and the way its set up now, your arm weapon is now for breaking vehicles, characters or other superheavies. Guaranteed 6s with the arm weapon is extra nice in a game now with so much random damage.

You can exchange any of your 4 regular attacks for 3 stomp attacks.

And yeah. The knight weapons are basically just for annihilating vehicles snd monsters.

I think a top point for people would be legion tactics

HELP PLEASE!!!

Does anyone know where I can find a pdf of the 3rd edition rules of 40k?
It's the only edition I don't have.

I checked the megas in the OP and didn't see it.

I don't care about rules.

I just want updated models.

Best chapter coming through

I want Obliteratirs to have ass cannons and power fists
I want marks to matter
And I want a new vechile, maybe that nurgle tank can be marked to other gods, that would be cool,
But most importantly I want them to stay away from Primaris marines/ iron warriors use basilisk again

Plastic tyrant siege terminators when?

Blood Ravens are pretty good.

What do you think of these house rules for them:

Blood Ravens start with 3 free relics. They can use any relic from other chapters.

So Veeky Forums, why'd you choose you're first army?
I thought they were cool and funny and back then the grimderp stuff put me off and Orks were the least dark.

I'm gonna make em desert with red slate rocks and some cacti. Cuz they're after the sara'cen tau sept

>free

Best i could do with mine.

Well, have a unit of marines in cover. Get a 2+ save with fnp6+. Do this 3 times.
Have some razorbacks for 10+ wound 3+ saves, t-7.
Or a landraider.

Some venerable dreads.

Don't play on a table with no terrain.

Dark Eldar because of Space Fey Pirates.

I desperately want plastic Sisters but it's probably for Grey Knights. Their codex is due out by the end of year and they said each codex drop will have at least one new unit.

Incoming dead blueberries!

What's the power levels for
And 2000
As want to batch make some lists then ask for changes here

I just posted them. Am I to post them again?

Making my own Azrael in the new armour since he is still a fucking metal model.

I would like Obliterators and Mutilators to be worth their points.

I would like Maulerfiends to have a 3+ to hit.

I would like Forgefiends to not be complete and utter overpriced ass.

Legion tactics obviously with IW's getting the best one.

Because playing the original Dawn of War is what introduced me to 40k.

Bitch please.

His four squadmates are WIP, doing the green fatigues on fully assembled Sicarians is a bitch.

Got 20 Skitarii, a Dunecrawler and 6 Kataphrons to strip and repaint, because I painted the first two in Mars colours and because I was a massive scrub when I primed the Katas so they are THICC as fuck. Anyone know something good for stripping plastics that I can actually get in the UK?

I must purge my new player paint sins before the Omnissiah. Asode from the Dominus, he's staying red as a reminder of my first model's incompetence.

Tau because there was warhammer like my brothers used to play and they looked cool with those sleek suits, got the battleforce for Christmas
At this point I'd only watched yugioh season 1, Pokemon and some of the original FMA so hadn't gone WEEB yet

X2 wrong.

I chose Necrons because I like the whole Egyptian aesthetic type thing though I never use them on tabletop, just paint and convert them since I want my opponents to have a bit of fun. At the time I was caught between them and Thousand Sons, but since TS had old models I decided to try waiting for a potential update instead. Really paid off.

Dark Angels because knights in space and BT were fucked at the time.