/WFG/ Warhammer Fantasy General

The usual suspects edition.

> Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
WFRP: pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
Novels: mega.nz/#F!9Lw1WIRZ!eKxkOlAQwuZO3_8pHOK-EQ

> We're looking for these novels for the archive
pastebin.com/TSQhemJR

> Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/13-the-9th-age
Tomb Kings Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/
Bretonnia Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

> The 9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

> Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (most complete)
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

> Warhammer Video Games
Total War Warhammer: store.steampowered.com/app/364360/
Vermintide: store.steampowered.com/app/235540/
Mordheim City of the Damned: store.steampowered.com/app/276810/
Bloodbowl 2: store.steampowered.com/app/236690/
Man O' War: store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
Return of Reckoning: returnofreckoning.com/
Snotling Fling: itunes.apple.com/us/app/warhammer-snotling-fling/id901638145?mt=8

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kgj3GYmyu4E
broheim.net/downloads/dramatispersonae/original/Nicodemus.pdf
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is it time to have add a section for alternative rulesets like we have miniatures? I think most people don't see T9A as the spiritual successor to Fantasy anymore.

>With that said, Widowmaker might have actually been useful.

It permanently wounded Slaanesh, so yeah, probably would have.

Are chocolate elves a thing, or are they just vanilla with blond or black hair?

Not a bad idea, but think of how many alternative rulesets there could be. Easier to let people keep track of them themselves, and applaud when people post stories of their games here no matter the system.

Hard to say - most elves seem to be pale, but sometimes Wood Elves tend towards the tan side. If nothing else you might argue some of the High Elf colonies at the southern tip of the Southlands and Lustria might have some darker-skinned elves, sort of like how Karak Zorn might have dark-skinned dwarves, but that's a big maybe. GW tends to just avoid depictions of other races for reasons.

Wood elves can be swarthier but there's no black elves.

Reiksguard best knights

If you field them with your dudes, then they're a thing. Don't let people sperging about an unsupported canon that avoided touchy subjects like race for business reasons during its time tell you any different

Thanks GW

Warhammer is European fantasy, there are no black people and moslems exist only as enemies.

I hear druchii get their chicks for free.

Do they get their money for nothing?

Damn, that's good.

Aqshy is a hell of a drug

What is the best college of magic?

I'm gonna be DMing my first campaign for WHFRP and have been gathering notes.

Any tips?

C
E
L
E
S
T
I
A Z Y R
L

Amethyst.

Lady of grace and beauty, I set down my lance, symbol of duty, upon your shrine. I spurn those whom I love. I relinquish all, and take upon the tools of my journey. No obstacle will stand before me. No plea for help shall find me wanting. No moon will look upon me twice lest I be judged idle. I give my body, heart and soul to you, oh Lady, and I shall seek wherever thou might be found. This is my questing vow, and I swear before you, mistress of mercy, and beg that you shall strike me down should I falter.

Dark Magic

Which edition?
I made this cheat sheet for 2nd edition. It's a bit shitty, but it does the job.

Otherwise, when planning adventures I suggest keeping the characters' careers in mind. There should be opportunities for the characters to do their actual jobs occasionally and maybe be the star of the show for a bit when their speciality comes up.
Also make sure you give the players access to the facilities they need to carry on their career progression. Whether that means a mentor that can teach them, invitation to a certain guild or access to tools.
You can kill two birds with one stone by inserting possible mentors into adventures as friendly NPCs.

Gold, clearly.
Alchemists are cool.

Tell us about your players and what you've got planned for your game.

So what sort of defenses besides traps and cultists might we expect a Cult of Khaine in the Old Wolrd to have on their lair? Let's assume they have their shit together relatively well, maybe even an actual bona fide magical artifact an elven worshiper lost, or something similar. Don't druchii Khaine worshipers raise spirits and even corpses to fight temporarily on their behalf?

Gray magic seems pretty tight

Isn't the worship of Khaine among humans different than the Druchii version?

Woke

lore of heavens is perfect

Cruder, if we go by WFRP's commentary on it, but it comments that the druchii form of worship is like the human form, but "perfected."

Of course, neither worship anything like other elves.

I sometimes see people post and ask if there's anyone else who does Fantasy reports other than MWG.

youtube.com/watch?v=kgj3GYmyu4E

Bit of a cop out but here's some more.

They're the Sultans of Swing.

> TFW experiment #275 gets loose again and starts terrorising the maids.

I was just thinking of linking T9A, KoW and Fantasy one sheet.

I'm running a seaman and I was wondering if swashbuckler better than strike mighty blow?

>go throught the effort to paitn minis, get good lookign table, get cool cards
>plastic unit trays

2nd Edition, so this cheat sheet helps.

I've got four players with two characters made so far.

One is an Altdorf born Bounty Hunter who wishes he hadn't chosen bounty hunting as a career, and is incredibly suspicious of people from Middenheim

And a Middenheim-born squire from Middenheim with no preference to sex with a peculiar understanding of how to speak with nobles, as well as a knack for mimicry.

Previously, I've had ideas of having a campaign be around either Middenheim or Nordland, where the players primarily deal with Greenskins, Beastmen, Wood Elves, Marienburgers/Wastelanders, Norscans, and the respective residents of whatever territory it may take place it.

I had no plans for a grand final boss initially, as I'd rather come up with a main antagonist as my players are questing, so I can see what they're interested in facing or doing.

What the campaign will really be dealing with will also depend on the next two characters my players get, so I can get a better idea on what to do with them.

I don't blame them, it's money for nothing.

>sort of like how Karak Zorn might have dark-skinned dwarves, but that's a big maybe.

What if the Dwarfs there became Chaos Dwarfs?

Why would they? Karak Zorn is down in the Southlands, pretty far from Chaos corruption.

To be fair, what caused the Sons of Darkness was the isolation and the arrival of Hashut. In theory, there is no reason why Hashut couldn't be going around to all packs of isolated dwarfs, offering the same deal.

Check out Guitar George.

Does anyone have a list of Beastman tribes, warherds, and brayherds from the lore?

I like the idea that Karak Zorn holds the truth on the origins of the Dwarf Species as an uplifted race and if the dwarfs rediscovered the hold it would cause a religious schism.

It wasn't just the isolation, it was the fact that Chaos was doing some fucked up shit to the world, and the Ancestor gods weren't answering and Hashut did - they went over to him to save themselves, not just because he happened to be there and making an offer.

Their cavalry should be riding on Cold One imo and manticores seems like a good mount for heroes/lords. Dunno about the rest.

Playing as Dwarves, I just had Mannfred spice up one of his regular peace offerings with an offer to become my vassal.

Should I take it? I'd rather exterminate the fuckers since I have them on the ropes, but I'm curious, and no enemy's asked to be my vassal before.

>a bunch of rich kids
>best

>moslems exist only as enemies in Warhammer
Except aside from the crusades which were caused by a crazy sorcerer invading Estalia with Skaven encouragement, most interaction with Araby seems to be trade.

Was their presence in Warmaster Crusades related?

>not mainlining Dhar
>mfw light weights try to talk tough

I really struggle with how ugly the guys from MWG are

Most of them looks to me like ordinary geeks. We're not known for being the sexiest of people.

I would assume, since it has Crusades right in the title of the game. I was never into Warmaster, so when they added "Crusades" to it I didn't even notice.

I was playing a Bretonnia game not long ago, where Ostermark asked to be my Vassal. And the Empire wasn't even in that bad shape. I took the offer anyway, cause Knights are expensive, and had already finished conquering Tilea.

Hashut is the most interesting of the (maybe) chaos gods.

Eataine elves are somewhat darker-skinned than others.

Light college best college. Who else is gonna exorcise your demons and store your evil artifacts?

Why would we want our evil artifacts stored?

No, Strike Mighty Blow is one of the most important Talents there is for any melee fighter. You can pick up Swashbuckler later.

If you don't, they tend to Malus Darkblade you.

Is the warhammer fantasy roleplaying game good? Doesn't seem as popular as the 40k ones.

Remember picking up a really old rulebook from a charity shop I worked in as a teen.

Later bought a more modern vampire expansion I came across but it was such nauseating vampire wank in every way, the writers must have chafed themselves raw by the end of it.

>Is the warhammer fantasy roleplaying game good?
Yes

why are dark elves so obsessed with incest

It's the best.

Put your hag-mother to the test.

You mean black elves? No.

Because their rulers lead by example.

It's a great d100 system. 1ed is still good, but general concensus is that 2ed is a polished version of first.

The system is fun, but the real joy is the setting.

It's a quick and easy way to show them as degenerate for the pulp authors doing this stuff.

The real answer is probably down to some sort of belief in keeping bloodlines pure. Elves don't seem to be subject to genetic illnesses.

To my knowledge they aren't a thing. But it strikes me as a very High/Dark Elf thig to dye their skin.

>Later bought a more modern vampire expansion I came across but it was such nauseating vampire wank in every way, the writers must have chafed themselves raw by the end of it.

That would be because they're absurdly powerful. Working as intended.

That said, as a DM that used a powerful vampire as a foe, the lack of Fate points is a huge Achilles heel, especially since it also means no Fortune points.

Dark elves value pale skin. A number of them are practically grey.

An argument could be made that lifespan also plays a role, ala Nicodemus and Deirdre from Dresden Files.

When you live long enough, familial ties just change meaning I guess.

>Nicodemus

It went further than them just strong undead with high stats, it was dripping with ink-semen regarding how they are the only thing that can stop Chaos and are so much better than anything else.

I men, I have Night's Dark Masters, do no, not really.

Is posting the same animu elf picture again a quick and easy way to show that you are the cancer of elf threads?

broheim.net/downloads/dramatispersonae/original/Nicodemus.pdf

>worlds greatest living wizard
>makes him taller than other wizards

On the plus side, we now know Gelt is a shortstack.

It's a quick and easy way to twist your titties, and it works every time, bitch nigga.

Those ridculously garish colours.

So I'm currently working on a Norsca army book for 6th Edition, based on the TW:W roster, and I'm onto the Bestiary. I'm a little stuck on the subject of Chaos Marks; at the moment, only combat Lords/Heroes, the elite Marauder unit and Skin Wolves are able to take them.

The rationale is it'd helped make the book distinct from the Hordes of Chaos list, which would represent more northern and corrupted tribes. Do you think all Marauder stuff should be able to have them instead, like in Hordes? What about Shamans/Seers - I wanted to give them their own lore, but should they have the option for Marks and the Chaos Lores too?

I wonder what those sigils are meant to reflect on his cloak.

So are there any good homebred miracles for priests of Khaine? I know about the ones in Tome of Salvation, but with a couple of exceptions those are...underwhelming.

>Big Dick N

she looks... hot
*ba-dum-tss*

Hogwarts

Hogwarts is shit.

The ridiculous four dorm system is almost deliberately set up to breed Classism and future dark wizard supporters.

Plus the teachers are incapable, all HP wizards are retarded and the setting would be infinitely better off if magic was purged from their Earth.

division into four houses is a norm for British boarding schools as I know

So is homo-eroticism disguised as "traditional hazing".

touche, you naughty sweetie boy

nothing wrong with a prefect enjoying the services of young fags, that's not gay at all

Even non-boarding schools often do it. In Aus they did it with the high school I went to, even though it was non-boarding. Rarely mattered outside of school sports though.

But the way Hogwarts does it is pretty suspect, its shown throughout the series they literally split to cliques into House 1, House 2, House 3 and House EVIL RACISTS.

At their very best members of that house are 'only' cartoonishly unlikable bullies and cowards, no actual heroes amongst them unlike the other ones.

Hordes of chaos already are the option for chaos aligned marauders.

If your really want to undergo the futile attempt to make an homebrew faction, make Norsca a faction not allied with chaos and more on a grey area.
Have them be followers of a cult of ancestors mixed with ulric and taal worship and indirect chaos worship.

They can only take the chaos unaligned mark, their wizards have access to the lore of beasts and lore of chaos. Their priests have some spells similar to those used by priests of ulric (if there are any, maybe you can find something in storm of chaos content)

>Horace Slughorn
>Severus "ALWAYS" Snape
well, not all

In HP lore, Merlin was a Slytherin.
And Merlin is universally considered the greatest wizard that ever lived regardless.

You should read up some more shit rather than stopping at the 7 books. Slytherin is not the "evil house" it's the "ambitious, sometimes rutheless house"

>You only don't like the series because you read all the books of it, read the minor side stuff written after the fact instead
Really?

If it's Rowling herself saying it, you should at least consider that as well

How can you consider her word after she wrote the mainline books? Its hilarious the whole shipping thing in relation to her, didn't she flipflop on who the main characters ended up with after she had already finished the series? Now she doesn't want her insert with the ginger but instead the main character.