Jumpchain Thread #1638: CONSISTENCY Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Yo, user who was asking for more undead companions. Here you go, first of the lot.

Steam-Commander Kharn the Bloodied (200 CP):
“Yeah yeah yeah, I’ve ‘eard PLEN’Y of Proudmoore and Wrynn’s bargains fer peace. ‘Ere’s tha thing, lassy - what’s war done but drive our industry and progress?”

Kharn lived and died on the battlefield, whether it was fighting the Dark Iron, the Orcish Horde, or the Undead Scourge. Even when he became an undead, and was subsequently freed in Sylvanas’ rebellion against the Lich King and the Dreadlords, he didn’t let undeath’s depression slow him. Oh no - now he had all of eternity to fight. To improve upon his steam armor, to earn his unliving in warfare. He became a mercenary - The Bloodied, whose tinkering skill, powerful steam armor, and mind for tactics were quickly tales of horror and woe.

And now this dwarf’s contract has come to your hands, and he’s willing to work for free - for he recognizes that the lands you will traverse to are but more and more legendary battlefields. He comes with his custom-made and improved steam armor, the CQU-“Red Sun,” which has 500 Steam Points of customization and a custom-made engine of his own design: A shrieking ball of pistons and gear that powers the Red Sun through blood harvested in combat, and the skull of an acolyte brimming with necromantic energies.

>Maybe? I'll have to think about it;I'm not quite sure how to get it to work that way.
I was thinking of that mostly because of this clause in the perk:
> On flipside, if you could not normally exist in the real world, the
rose might be able to have the reverse effect and allow you to go there without
needing to make additional sacrifices.
I mainly just want to give Mary a rose.

Perhaps the "Blank" rose could just be white, waiting for someone other than the jumper to imprint on it?

Oreimo Jump 1-A:
CP:1000
Drawbacks:
Yan-Chan [+200]
Origin: Otaku
Perks:
Good Girls Can Be a little Bad [-100]
There’s Some Nasty Groups Out There [Free]
Secretly a Princess [-100]
Those We Look Towards [-200]
I Totally Know Kung Fu [-300]
Gear:
Apartment Complex [-400]
Eternal Convention Pass [Free]
Otaku Apartment Heaven [-100]

Circle [Free]

I started a journal around this time. It was full of small things, a bunch of pictures are taped here and there. Seven friends all together. Yan-Chan’s handwriting holds up margins meandering between commenting on my grammar to talking about children’s names. Youth is seen here, in many of it’s facets.
What’s this… a DEED!?

K-ON! Jump 1-B:
CP: 1000
That’s In the Past Now [Free]
The Beast Within [-100]
The Heart [-200]
We’re Friends Now, Nothing Changes That [-300]
Gear:
Giita [Free]

Import [-400]

A pair of guitar picks, broken from wear, sit next to a youthful group. Another page is turned and I have to stop for a moment to laugh as I noted the Chunni as fuck name our band had, seriously which one of us came up that. It may have been just some Garage Band but I was actually pretty good if I recall. I had a talent for… well just about anything I ever really put my hand to, just had to frame it as a game and boom everything started making sense.

I dunno, Steam Warrior would've worked better for the Khamsin-expy.

When have you had to smack down some overconfident kiddied Jumpers?

Slice of Life Jump 1-C:
Drawbacks:
Origin: Drop-In
Setting: Humorous Injuries [Free]
Perks:
Sick Episode [-100]
Rock [-100]
Feastival [-100]
Tutor [-100]
Optimism [-300]
Sagelike [-300]

Got to say I find this section sweet. I took a few knocks, heck you won’t find a picture in this area that doesn't have me with a bandage somewhere! Ah boys will be boys, that’s all I’ll say about that. This was a Springtime that I’d nearly forgotten.

Dodgeball [A True Underdog Story] Jump 1-D:
Drawbacks:
Origin: New Guy
Perks:
She’s Gotta Be a Lesbian [Free]
All There in the Backstory [-150]
Dodge, Duck, Dip, Dive, Dodge [-300]
If you can dodge a…[-300]
Gear:
Gym Uniform [Free]
Gym Membership [-50]
Money Maker [-200]

Some of My Best Friends Are Dodgeball Players [Free]

Ah right… the bet with that Gym and all the crap we got from it. Patches made sure we got our workout at least. Though I got more out of it than some…. I still dodge mostly by instinct to this day. It’s… saved my life more often than I’d like to think.

Nine to Five Jump 1-E
Drawbacks:
Origin: Odd Job Guy
Perks:
References (Yan-Chan) [-100]
"Well, that was weird" [-100]
Promotion [-400]
Gear:
Cane [-400]

You know, my grandfather gave me that old cane. It had been in the family for ages so I just didn’t want to let it sit off to the side. I used it as a tire thumper, a pry-bar, a lever, a club, and more. This was one of those peaceful times. You can’t help but smile when reflecting on them… tears… no I’m not crying...

Sitcom Jump 1-F:
Drawbacks:
Reruns [+200]
Off Screen Death [+300]
Starting location: M*A*S*H Unit #4077
Background: Drop In [Free]
Perks:
Humorous [Free]
Laugh Track [Free]
One of the Gang [Free]
Strait Man [Free]
Guest Stars [-50]
Heart of the Show [-100]
Everybody loves… [-200]
Protagonist [-300]
Looker [-100]
Where everybody knows your name [-100]
Family ties [-100]
Aspirational workplace [-100]
Snappy Retort [-400]

Companions:
Friends [-50]

Right, Korea.
I don’t usually talk about it, been years since I’ve seen a shrink about all that happened whilst I was with the 4077. Few could understand that… that…. It’s hard to get out, like talking about another world. I remember the feeling of mortality the sharpest during those days after this I’d gotten used to the edge of war, but here I feared for my life every moment I was alone.
Have I ever told you that I have Dual Citizenship with Korea, eh you likely already knew. See the real reason was a bus full of civvies that we saved. Some politicians daughter had been in there, headed to a hell that I don’t even wanna describe, and when we saved her Hawkeye and me went pub crawling with the guy to celebrate. I dunno what happened during those three days but me and Hawkeye aren’t allowed in three different all-you-can eat buffets and are citizens of South Korea.

So what did you do in Pokemon Jumpers?

Generation Kill Jump 1-G:
Drawbacks:
Lucky Charms [+000]
Maintain Readiness [+100]
Friendly Fire [+200]
Glory Hounds [+300]
Origin: Embedded Civilian
Boot Camp [Free]
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot [Free]
Busy Doing Nothing [-100]
Wrote For Hustler [Free]
Translator [-100]
Winning Hearts & Minds [-200]
Heart of the Matter [-300]
Pack-Rat [-200]
Creative Requisitioning [-400]
Unfucked Comms [-100]
PPE [Free]
Camera & Notebook [Free]
Pizza Hut Convoy [-200]

Camcorder Montage Tape [Free]

Took up the cane for real after some asshole shot me in the leg that one time in Iraq. I remember the Pizza Hut boys came when called, no matter how deep in enemy lines we were. Heavens above we used to joke about those guys. Is this that old card I kept back then? It’s been too long.
Yep right next to my demotion papers from the time that I beat that one Private black and blue off my hummer because he had a rabbit's foot.

Mad Man Jump 1-H:
Drawbacks:
Perks:
Know How To Drink [-100]
The Hobo Code [Free]
This Never Happened [-100]
Change of Identity [-200]
Indespensible [-200]
Gear:
Poster Collection [Free]
Car [-100]
Ad Agency [-300]

Coming back from Iraq and reintegrating into the world had been hard. Heavens above it was, I gained a lead gut at this point and lost more than my fair share of memories to the dull edge of a bottle’s milk. Started my Ad Agency at this point, bought a car, nearly wound up stabbed and got taught how to talk to hobos by one their kind. Started to get old at this point.

Jumps by these makers: are consistently well-written and put-together in general, are entertaining to read (regardless of familiarity with the source material), offer knteresting and balanced options, and represent the source material fairly well. I could easily do another ten, though that wasn't the question.

1. HeavensAnon/Valeria
2. Digger
3. Red
4. NuBee
5. Cool Cats Don't Trip
6. user Heart
7. YJ_user
8. Epicureanon
9. Mardukth
10. AncillaAnon
11. Wild Card
12. myrmidont
13. SMTAnon
14. One-Armed user
15. Yorokonde
16. Mir
17. stupid_dog
18. Gaunlet
19. Cracker_Jack
20. Muyo

Eh, maybe.

Then again, was Khamsin ever really welcome among the Winds of Destruction?

West Wing Jump 1-I
Drawback: The Other Side of the Coin (1300).
Origin: Ambassador, Age 28 (1400).
What's Next? [Free]
I suppose it’s possible I was drunk [Free]
Diplomatic Immunity [-150]
Lucid Moments [-300]
Gear:
Rolodex [-300]
The Finest Bagels and Muffins [-50]
It’s the only thing that ever has [-600].

Eight years of being the Ambassador of South Korea was an odd time. That cane came in handy in a number of ways. I started to really feel my age when Robert, the guy who’d been a shoo-in for the job before some guy noticed my name. Apparently in the years since my time in Korea that politician had managed to get into the seat of the rough equivalent of a Cabinet Member.
Now I was gray in the head. Wizened and battle scarred and then you came up offering me things I daren’t believe, but didn’t dare to let myself pass up. Just in case.

Santa Jump 1-J:
Drawbacks:
Perks:
Holly Jolly Criminal [Free]
A Single Night [Free]
That’s What Christmas is All About [Free]
Naughty or Nice [-100]
Friends and Family [-100]
Electronic Gizmos [-300]
Spreading the Cheer [-300]
Gear:
Santa Suit [Free]
Magic Sack [Free]
The List [Free]
Workshop [Free]
Elves [Free]
Book of Carols [Free]

Ah my first true Jump. I learned a lot here, how to craft some neat stuff like I Phones and how to tell a naughty child from a nice one. Oh I had great fun here. No doubt about it. The face list me and my friends got wasn’t too bad either. Twenty-three isn’t a bad age to be again. Anyway, you wanted me to chose another Jump right. My second one, whoo.
Let’s see it then!

Y'know, I'm looking at the Megas XLR jump on the drive and I see something interesting: drawbacks assigned to origins. And if you take a drawback assigned to your origin, it gives 150% CP. Why don't more jumps do this? It might give more points, but it's an interesting way to tie in conflicts to origins.

PASTEBINS

EXIST

FOR A FUCKING REASON

Ah, excellent.
You exceeded any expectations I had when I made the suggestion.

Well, there are some power-sharing perks, which this perk might fall under. You could share the ability that way so Mary could manifest a rose. Although, if you purchase her as a companion, she'll be able to leave when you escape.

I might also make a similar rose item.

>using my post to shitpost
Fucking kek. Though could you please leave last thread's bullshit in last thread?

How is that even a shitpost?

I was the very best, like no one ever was.

Shh.

Let the out of season christmas cheer suffuse your soul.

He posted something someone else wrote when it was unprovoked and not topical to the current thread?

Waifu'd Cynthia, rode dragons, tried to steal the red chain, accidentally married Cynthia, accidentally made gym leaders 500% more edgy, punched Cyrus in the face, sang fuck this shit I'm out to arceus

Five posts for ten Jumps. Crying that Gauntlet should be using Pastebins really?

user you do understand that this is litterally what the entire thread is for, right?

Glad to hear!

Not!Monsoon's going to be a Shadow Ascendant, Not!Mistral a Dark Ranger, and Not!Jetstream is going to be a Vampyr after I rename the Air Elemental. Hopefully with the last one I can get the attitude correct.

Need more sword waifus.

Fi a robotic nagging shit

Here's the next version of the Ib gauntlet. I cut down the prices for the Drop-In and Artwork backgrounds. I edited Fabricated World a little so that you can merge with the gallery to a larger degree. I moved the Rose perk to the capstone level for Local Human. I also added a new item, the Blank Rose.

>4-Swords Link
Wait, wasn't Link not using the Master Sword in those games? Like, the entire reason there were four Links was because it was a magic sword the duplicated him?

Need more pic-related.

Boring and kinda bitchy desu. Nice eyebrows though.

Yeah they probably didn't play the Four Swords games and Minish Cap so they don't know it's the Piccori Sword. Not surprising, Four Swords games have trouble due to needing multiple players.

Was a mafia princess, hid in the Orre desert after my dad was assassinated, hid my identity by dressing like a towelhead, fought in tournaments for money, snagged a bunch of cool Pokemon and dismantled Cipher's new leadership.

>tfw I wasn't on any of the lists last thread

Master, the batteries in your Wii Remote are nearly depleted.
Worst Zelda, though she does improve dramatically with the japanese voice.

Read the thread title and the topic of the last post on the last thread.

Go to Hero BBS and learn how to make them.

Not popular enough. Count your blessings that at least you're not on the list of worst jumpmakers like Dirge, DD and Mommy.

Look up eyebrows Zelda's French voice. It's sex.

"Jumpmaker tier lists" are inherently shitposting. That one at least had some reasoning, but still.

Go to Soul Eater. Demon Weapon powers are a genetic trait, isolate the genes and then splice them into specially grown homunculi.

I meant that as a shorthand for more LoZ jumps, but in hindsight that wouldn't have come across.

What are some good jumps for becoming a better person naturally? By which I mean without just buying a "be a better person" perk.

Honestly I think the only voice version that really screwed up was the English.

Oh wow. That is good. Looking it up, she's the same voice actress who did Amelia in Wakfu. So...yeah, that makes sense, then.

Generic Parenting. Not doing so is a fail condition.

I like Meta, from Project Freelancer. Ensures constant positive emotional growth.

Isn't that a "be a better person" perk?

I just had best idea. Demon weapon Tyranids, made using Einzbern homonculus methods.
Because we need Magus Tyranid Hive Tyrants wielding a Magus Carnifex Scythe.

Ah! I thought she sounded familiar.

>The True Final Boss dissolves into ash and the main character and his dragon get taken out by jet fighters

Seriously? Why'd they do that?

>Okay, so the fuckhuge giant just dissolved into ash and there's this dude on a dragon flying around.
>We should shoot him down.
>Er, wouldn't it be better to ask him WTF is going on?
>Nope, we should just shoot him down.
>Y'know, just in case there's more of those fuckhuge giants?
>Still nope, have to shoot him down.
>But why? It's a dude on a dragon, there's gotta be a story there.
>Because I want to watch the world burn, and doing something this fucking stupid will probably guarantee it.
>...

NOA has been incompetent this decade, over all.

>Amalia voices French Zelda
Urge to play in French rises.

If only they'd make Zelda a superior brown elf.

You know, again.

Define "better". Either way, pic-related and the DCAU jumps should do you well.

*ahem*

Pic-related.

Thank you!

No, it's a "you're better at becoming a better person". You still have to grow, it just ensures that you'll be able to acknowledge new experiences as sources of insight and maturity.

What are the best jumps in which to steal/copy powers?

Ultimate Lifeform from Jorge Joestar. Not only can you copy powers, but you can upgrade them into 'Ultimate' versions. Not sure how big an upgrade that is, you're going to have to ask Val for that, but still. It grants a number of other benefits as well, as a race option, but it's 1600cp, with the maximum budget for that jump with drawbacks being 2050 cp.

>>Welcome To Hell (+600) - You find yourself mildly concussed and being dragged ashore by Oliver on the island of Lian Yu. Its 2007, you're powerless (just bodymod and memories), and apparently in this world you are Oliver's youngest sibling.

So did the jumpmaker mean younger sibling or does she/he intend to have you going as a 10-11 yrs old kid? Also do we get to pick our age that under 22?

There's no "best" jump.

If you're a power copier, your strength is going to come from versatility. People who just copy a small number of strong powers are doing it wrong, you should try to copy as many powers as possible to give yourself as many options as possible. The ultimate goal is to have an answer for every situation you could find expect to encounter.

Also, power sources are so widely varied that method matters too, since a lot of power copying only works on a particular type of ability.

Because at the end of the day, it's unfortunately a jumpmaker's job to keep you from getting all the points you want to have. If you have more perks that you want to buy than you are able to buy, this forces you to make choices, the entire point of a CYOA.

Just so I'm sure.

Paint to Life lets you bring specific art pieces to life, and they can function in the real world. No fuss, no muss, it's just like making a golem or putting a robot together.

Fabricated World brings the art inside your galleries to life by default, but they can't actually interact with the real world.

Is my reading correct?

Forgot that Dark types were immune to psychic powers when selecting perks and drawbacks. Took me 6 years to figure out how to detect null psychic entities using psychic powers to capture Darkrai and end the effects of Damned.

Do you mean "best in" or "best for"? If the latter, pretty much Jorge Joestar, German Hollow Quest, Bleach, and Charmed. If the former? All of them? Most shonen anime, at least, and comics jumps.

> Seriously? Why'd they do that?
Because Cavia hates you.

That's literally the reason.
So, if you make it to the true final boss, the final possible ending, which requires you to collect all the collectables and do a shit ton of tedious work and backtracking in a game that is already extremely tedious and filled with backtracking (fun fact: the Japanese title of Drakengard is actually "Drag-On Dragoon", because the game drags on), you get sucked through the portal into modern day Tokyo and have to fight the true final boss...
... via rhythm game.

In a game that is largely focused around a mass army beat-em-up with occasional flight shooter segments, you're suddenly thrust into a rhythm game, a genre that has been nowhere else in the entire game, with no lead up, and with which the game is incredibly precise and unforgiving. As in, you fuck up once, you die. Hope you can figure out the controls before then, because there's no tutorial.
Then, when you finally defeat the final boss in this rhythm game, you are treated to a momentary scene of the final boss turning to ash, and then you're shot out of the sky with a missile.
And it's not even a dramatic missile! The explosion is more like a sad puff that comes out of nowhere. Then you see the jets flying through the air, roll credits.

Because Cavia hates you, as well as all children. Go fuck yourself!

Is there a jump where I can get a wish or similar? I don't care if it's super limited. Also, not Dragon Ball.

What's an early-ish jump that can give me the courage to go on adventures and save the world?

Disney Princess.

At least it doesn't delete your saves like in the Nier series special endings.

G Gundam was that jump for me, but then again that was on necessity.

Adventure Time

Are there any capes that double as a storage dimension?

Purchased via CP: Disney Princess, Sims 3.

Stealing wishes via plot:
> Adventure Time: Make it to Prismo's dimension (this requires a portal or other means of crossing dimensions, or following Jake during certain plot points), then make your wish from Prismo. NOTE: Prismo's wishes are limited in the jump and cannot provide an advantage in future jumps; but you can wish for just about any trivial bullshit you can imagine.
> Kingdom Hearts: Go to Agrabah's world, steal Genie's lamp before Aladdin can free him, make three wishes. Seems to have some kind of power cap in terms of the greater KH universe (his solution for "finding this plot important person" was to go out and look manually), but can still provide magic powers or riches or things like that.
> The Legend of Zelda (General): Go to Era of Light & Dark, complete the plot of the Link to the Past, and collect the complete Triforce from Ganon. Seems to have a power cap in its imperfect interpretation of Ganon's wish to conquer the world, but has at least world-altering level power.

That's partially right. Paint to Life would let you bring art pieces to life, but you'd have to continually supply them with power from you for them to have special powers.

Fabricated World in contrast lets you create them and have them run at full power without draining you, on the caveat that they remain within the art world.

At least, that's how I have things set up now. If you think there is a better way to set up the two perks, please let me know.

Traveled off and on with Ash. Met future wife. Did...whatever the fuck there is to do in Orre. Married wife. Became a gym leader with wife. Was just about to join the Elite Four when the jump ended. Sad.

>Married wife
Who?

Not a canon character. Just an OC based on pic related. No, not the transgender one.

The upgrade of the Homunculus making perk from Fate Realta Nua allows you to make cute waifus who turn into swords.

So to what extent does Hive-Minded work in Stellaris? Are we talking Formic- or Zerg-level with "only the Queens have the brains, every other member of the hive is dumb"? or can there be room for a little bit of individuality?

What I'm asking is can I make a Hive-Minded, Xenophilic, Spiritualist, Independent, strong species of dragon-girls.

>Not an OC based on Hex Maniac
Terribad taste.

Got beaten up by Zubats. Met new best friend. Got revenge on Zubats. Took a giant rock to the face. Somehow survived. Wished it'd killed me, recovery took weeks and I needed to get moving before hurricane season. Met a Hex Maniac. Accidentally set myself on fire at least once. Thanked Arceus that Burn Heals work on humans (or was that a placebo effect?). Begged several large wild Pokemon not to kill me because I wasn't expecting anything of their level to be in the area I was in.

Had fun despite everything.

>No, not the transgender one.
That's what you think.

Never really got the appeal to be honest.

>Hive-Minded, Xenophilic, Spiritualist, Independent, strong species of dragon-girls.

There is not one sentence in this string of terms that did not get me as hard as a god damn rock.

God damn you.

Pretty sure you can't have a Hive-Mind with the Independent trait, no.

In the game you are 'the hive-mind' but you still make some bits of yourself partly independent so they can act as leaders. Or that's what I think happens at least. Apparently there's a big hive-mind update to change how they work to better reflect being a hive mind, but by default they don't have to deal with factions (essentially political parties) because for the most part they're just one mind.

Basically, there's a singular gestalt hivemind that uses everything as a drone body, more or less, with the exception of a few individual specialists (governors, scientists, admirals etc) that it grants semi-independence.

Anyway, iirc Hive Minds absolutely cannot pick any other political leaning. They cannot be xenophilic or xenophobic, spiritualist or materialist, individualist or collectivist. They simply are.

Ah, I don't have a problem with the way it's set up. I was just worried I'd have to buy Paint to Life to populate my galleries. Thank you for the clarifications and the jump, Cataquack.

...Actually, one last question. Can I add new art to old galleries, or would I have to make new ones entirely if I wanted to add a new batch of pieces to a dungeon?

I'm not an expert, but I think it's the crazy eyes, the outfit, and the weird things they always say. Lot of people on the internet have a thing for "cute but creepy."

She has a nice smile

Oh, and by default the drones of the hive mind will accidentally kill any non-hive mind species that join your civ, or I assume that's what happens because you can't have any until you get the genetic technology to make them hive-minds.

Here's the thing, though.

>Hive-Minded(-300): Your race is a Hive Mind, ruled by one immortal collective(that’s you) and filled with millions of worker drones to do the menial Labor, and more sentient “Autonomous Drones” for things like Admirals and Generals. Ignore all the background fluff for Origin options.

Just says to ignore Origin fluff, doesn't say anything is blocked off. Even when you scroll down to the Ethics stuff there's nothing blocked.

So, Formic- or Zerg-level, basically. Wish the jump communicated that, because as states it's not mentioned anywhere.

Oh well, a different approach is needed it looks like.

I just want a Synthetic/robot race in Stellaris, all living things will kneel before their masters.

I think the jump version might work differently to the game, not the least because it was added on after the rest of it was finished, and the jumpmaker was going to clear it up at some point. They said a few things in the thread the jump came out in, or maybe one or two later, but those answers didn't make it into the pdf on the drive.

lewd

>all living things will kneel before their masters
Metal Sonic go and stay go.

Feck. Anybody happen to know what thread that was?

And thank you, user. Did not know that.