Is it ever acceptable to play a kender?

Is it ever acceptable to play a kender?

Yes.

About as often as it is acceptable to use a tripcode, i.e. only when you actually have a good reason.

yes just don't be a cunt

What about in a non-dragonlance game?

Same answer, assuming they exist in the setting. If you really feel that Kender is the best race with which explore your character's personal story, themes, and so on, play it. Otherwise, don't.

And above all else, don't be an asshole.

But if roleplaying a kender involves stealing from the party, doesn't that make anyone playing a kender an asshole?

(there is no good reason)

Well, presumably part of the character's personal arc would involve learning that stealing from people (or at least friends) isn't OK. If you and/or the DM consider that an irreconcilable lore violation, then no, you shouldn't play a kender.

Also, stop using a tripcode.

no

You shouldn't go against board culture for the sake of your own ego. Have fun being ignored, I guess.

Even better because you aren't saddled with stupid DL lore that makes everyone not hate you, and you can add some actual nuance to them

Why would a Kender steal from the party member? Kender borrow things they need or find interesting. If a party member is carrying something, they're always close at hand.

Why play a Kender when you have two perfectly fine small humanoids already, Halflings and Gnomes, which are both aeons more interesting in better written than Kenders? Is it just the kleptomania and "you can't hate my character because it written in their race description that NOBODY can hate them"?

I've seen his type before. It was all fun and games when they used an uncoded name only when appropriate, then turned it off.

And then someone impersonated them and ran it all into the ground.

It only has to happen once to drive them paranoid forever. They HATE being anonymous after that, because if they're anonymous, ANYONE can pretend to be them.

It's sad, really.

>le board culture

Shut up. This faggot in a hat ain't no less a faggot than anyone else, nor more.

>stupid DL lore that makes everyone not hate you
But DL lore says that everybody considers Kender to be pests.

Yes.
There are no bad Kender.
Only Bad kender players who have not read the first three Dragonlance Books, thinking Kender = your thief run in Oblivion.

Sadly that's the problem.

A kender is just hobbit with additional asshole traits.

If you get rid of the asshole traits what you are left with is a generic hobbit.

If you have to ask.....

Yeah, he's much more of one.