Warhammer 40k /40kg/

Battlesuit Edition

>GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf(and epub), SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>novels here
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>Other megas
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA (no 8e stuff here)

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing Aun'vas work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/13546406
strawpoll.me/13546410
strawpoll.me/13546413
strawpoll.me/13546417
strawpoll.me/13546419
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Border_Reivers
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Xth for how should I run the 6 aggressors and 10 reivers I impulse pre-ordered for this weekend? I was thinking boltstorm gauntlets and bolt carbines and shoot from over 12 inches away with the raven guard chapter tactic

I was thinking a bit and came up with a army concept.

GSC do their thing on a hive world and pretty much take it over, only to have the world bombed to hell and back by retreating imperial forces.

With the hives reduced to a toxic wasteland and the hive fleet nowhere in sight, the remnants and their benefactors decide to pack up in what space ships are left and travel around the galaxy spreading their special flavor of love to anyone who gives them the time of day... and bring battle to anyone who won't.

They keep a petting zoo in the cargo hold of their largest ship. Occasionally particularly devoted cultists like to feed the trygon, but most on the ship are apprehensive about that level of direct commitment to the hive fleet. Still, the trygon rarely goes hungry.

I was thinking of having the neophytes run and gun with shotguns to be a nuisance and to soften targets up for the bugs to snack on. I like the ravener and trygon models, just something about those snakelike bodies...

Let us poll what sides the Xenos(es) showing up want to take during the Campaign.
Orks not included, obviously not going to pick a side.

Necrons
strawpoll.me/13546406

Eldar
strawpoll.me/13546410

T'au
strawpoll.me/13546413

Dark Eldar
strawpoll.me/13546417

Tyranids
strawpoll.me/13546419

Reivers: knife and pistol if you like melee, assault bolters if you like melee but don't want to be forced to actually successfully charge to do shit, whatever the other bolter option is if you want to be shooty. If you're going the close range options you will probably want grav chutes, I don't feel grapples are useful as you can just take grav chutes instead. Since you are RG the long range option with nothing else may be viable but they're not a very impressive unit for shooting and need to get close to use every single one of their unique abilities and items.

Aggressors are better with HF due to auto hit, but if you are a gambling man, ML + boltstorm. They do the same exact damage, but ML + boltstorm seems like it can do the most potential damage. I haven't done the calculations, but HF shouldn't actually be very far behind due to auto hitting, and also being able to do potentially tons of damage via their 2D6 hits.

That actually sounds pretty cool, makes me think about how the imperial knight houses developed and evolved independently of the imperium due to isolation. Sounds like a good opportunity to have a really established cult armed with an entire worlds worth of imperium equipment (assuming it wasn't all destroyed) making them more of a conventional army with scary alien allies than an underground guerilla cell

the flamer has less range, though since the bolters aren't exactly long range it doesn't make a difference. the flamers look way cooler so clearly they are better

I'm not going to open any of the linkes, but I get impression that vast majority of the Xenos will side with Chaos.

>why don't they call them reavers
>realize dark eldar reavers exist

Couldn't they have just come up with a new name instead of spelling reavers dumb?

Any chaos leaks yet? I wanna believe the Night Lords Legion special will make them werf

cause it's old english and inspired by history like alot things in 40k.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Border_Reivers

Reivers are new names, it didn't exist before.

>Reavers and the Cooler Reavers

Probably, just copy of Raven Guard.

I'm still baffled as to why Imperial fist get Siege Expects as their thing when Iron Warriors should be getting that. If anything, Imperial fists should get some kind of hunkering down kind of ability

Box of just Interceptors when?

Next wave of shit, most likely. They have options for plasma cannon pistols.

>the flamers look way cooler so clearly they are better

Brofist.

And I CAN brofist you too, because the HF retracts unlike the pleb boltstorms. What really sold HF for me besides the superior look, is the fact that the ML cannot be taken with them, so I wouldn't be like "I really don't want to take these ugly missile racks, but I probably should".

Run the aggressors with a lieutenant and apothecary in tow, rerolls to wounds for your autohits and some revives if SHTF.

Anyone really disappointed that the new dreadnought is really bare bones in weapon options?

Roll you silly cunts, then paint and show us the result. Stop shitposting and be productive for once.

>chimeras and goliaths use the GENESTEALER CULTS INFANTRY keywords for transportation and not TYRANID keywords
>can't pack bugs into tanks
gw why do you do this to me

Is there an actual difference between the victory types? Or is it just bragging rights to say you got a Crushing Victory rather than a Minor Victory?
What are the different types of victory mentioned? I was thinking of writing up a flowchart style campaign where the type of victory you got mattered, as well as if you were a defender or attacker.

Is that user still making the chaos version?

Also, rollan.

Rolled 19 (1d100)

But I'm already working on stuff.

They wouldnt sell as many if they launched the venerable and ironclad variants along side it ;^)

as a tau player it's in the interest of the tau that both sides get weakened but that ultimately the imperials save the planets from corruption. Gotta make sure the next phase of expansion actually has planets to conquer.

>ironclad
>it already has two fucking armor cages over it

How much more armor are they gonna add? I wanna see this.

I have to admit, the Chaos one is tremendously harder because of the very small number of warbands to begin with, in addition to most warbands not being closely related to any legion, making the whole "original legion and successors in the same line" like I did on the loyalists one really complicated. It is very slowly taking form though. Hopefully done before I leave for holidays, in 2 days.

All I want is a cover for the top of the sarcophagus. I hoped they'd put it, to give a more blocky aspect, that I would have loved as much as the leviathan, but they haven't...

As it stands, the whole thign is armored, except where the bloody head is.

Don't want the thrill of a toxic wasteland?

Making a chaos equivalent seems rough, like how do you fill it out

i did vote to screw over both sides.

so maybe it might end up being a toxic wasteland.

>As it stands, the whole thing is armored, except where the bloody head is.
you mean like all the bloody marine models that go without a helmet?

I think the question is whether you can get them to stand still for a turn or not. Flamer aggressors are for leaping into melee with their power fists and burning people, gun aggressors are for sitting in one spot and shooting twice a turn.

Will be waiting in anticipation.

Exactly. Fucking hate that shit. I want walking tanks.Not something that can be dropped with a single well placed shot.

rolleran

So, as we all know, Deathguard leaded by this faggot Mortarion are assaulting Konor system. Where's Black Legion in all this? Do we know where Abaddon is right now? I was thinking of participating in the campaign with my newest Black Legion army and looking for any bits of fluff.

rollery doallery

double HF chimeras full of genestealers are actually really good, do you need to fill them with hormagaunts too?

So I finished my first two Admech models to nail down the scheme. It's pretty close to the base scheme I guess, with a bit more metals I guess. Totally unintentional too.

#
Quad las is 202 points, so I'd have to downsize the generic marines and fully remove cultists
So what about a las pred with just the turret no sponsons. What would I lack then, does anyone really take flyers that low

The hell gave you that impression? Most Xenos players have been saying fuck Chaos for weeks.

The polls confirm so far, by the way.

Necrons: 2 Chaos, 1 Imperium, 1 Screw Both
Eldar: 2 Imperium, 1 Screw Both
Dark Eldar: 2 Imperium
T'au: 2 Imperium, 2 Screw Both
Tyranids: 3 Imperium, 2 Chaos

That's a total of 10 Imperium, 4 Chaos, 4 Screw Both

Pretty much as expected.

Absolutely beautiful, just add some shade to the cape and you are set for MARVELOUS scheme

Huh, I like the sigmarine heads on them.

Why would any xenos even side with Chaos?

Necrons: enemy of the Warp, therefore hate Chaos
Dark Eldar: Slaanesh
Eldar: Slaanesh
Tau: Gue'vesa, cultural exchanges, all sorts of benefits for the Imperium, meanwhile Chaos are probably the same as Orks are to them

I guess Tyranids would go against Imperium since they can't eat daemons, and Orks would side with Chaos if they were losing.

>Global campaign themed around Death Guard vs Ultramarines
>Space Marines get all of their new models, their primarch, chapter tactics, new stratagems, and new codex in time for the campaign to begin
>Death Guard won't get theirs until after the campaign is over

Who do you hate more, chaos or rowboat.

As the 40k fb page guys put it, that's what you get for turning your back on the Emperor.

>cutting off your nose to spite your face

Are you saying only newfags who still believe in the Ward hate meme would side with Chaos? Who even gets mad at smurfs in 2017 anymore. Konor should have been everyone vs. Tau.

>painting terminator chaplain
>come back after waiting for wash to dry
>pick him up and start painting
>turn him over to get at a piece
>spider nestled into back vent
>instinctively throw it across room
>shatters on floor

Things have been too peachy and dandy for the Imperium lately with all this new technology getting shit out and having a Primarch back. It's time to turn the grimdark in the Konnor System back up a notch.

Cant wait for admec vs tau thing... I want smashy bots! Till I see the price anyway.

Rolling for my RT marine

I have Redemptor data sheet, but do we happen to have the points cost for the unit and weapons at all?
Thanks chums.

The emperor turned his back on us first, what with the hiding on terra amongst witches and sorcery.

Clean off the pieces and make sure it didn't leave an egg sac in there.

That's what you get for being one huge pussy

Chaos, absolutely. Since he's came back I actually like Rowboat for the first time.

>Peachy and dandy
>Lost Cadia
>Lost an untold amount of systems
>The whole goddamn galaxy is split in half by a continuous Eye of Terror times 10000
>Demons are now a common thing in the life of an Imperial citizen
>CSM have more mobility than they ever had

Shoo chaos fag. You're not wanted here.

Both. Neutral faction when.

Hi guys, I need some advice on startegy. What would you field as SM against a Tyranid with Swarmlord+Genestealer?

It was necessary.

arachnaphobia is real

Heavy flamers and las
So Baal predator?

>Necrons: enemy of the Warp, therefore hate Chaos

\Don't really seem to be giving much of a fuck about Chaos even with the Great Rift going on. The Sautekh Dynasty which is right there encircling Ultramar is busy with its wars against other Necrons. However, the Sautekh would have reason to exact revenge on the Ultramarines for destroying at least three tomb worlds.

>Dark Eldar: Slaanesh

These guys have allied with Chaos many times before or have used Chaos invasions as covers for attacking the softer targets in the Imperium. They are opportunists and should act accordingly. The Chaos invasion of Ultramar have opened these previously heavily defended pristine worlds for raiding and plundering.

>Eldar: Slaanesh

The Ynnari should side with Ultramar but not all Eldar are onboard with them.

>Tau:

During the Damocles release we were given an article about the Tau enemies and how they view them. While the Tau have had plenty encounters with the forces of Chaos, they were brief skirmishes or simple planetary incursions that the Tau handled. The Imperium, on the other hand, have sent vast crusade after vast crusade against the Tau empire and have went to extreme lengths to annihilate the Tau or cripplet heir empire. The Tau see the Imperium as the greatest threat to their security and future. Thusly the Tau will use the Ultramar invasion to strike at the vulnerable Imperium to further destabilize and preventing it from reinforcing the Damocles warzone. While the Imperium is getting ravaged by Chaos the Tau will do as they always do in these events. Expand and offer beleaguered or abaddoned Imperial worlds the protection of the Greater Good.

oh, this is cool then. I figured it was like calling Eldar Aeldari

Shotgun Scouts, Flamestorm Aggressors, Stormraven, Repulsor, and just use Auspex Scan when they drop.

It's on their store page, dum dum.

You're not convincing anyone, Chaosfag.

Also check the results, Imperiums lead just grew even bigger.

>The Ynnari should side with Ultramar but not all Eldar are onboard with them.
>any Craftworlder siding with Chaos
>ever

Guess how I know you're retarded.

I'm going to start calling Primaris "Thesaurus Marines"

>These guys have allied with Chaos many times before

Cheers mate, still not used to them giving out rules for free if it's not included in the purchase of a model! That's more of a forge world thing.

Of course DA side with chaos, lelith Hesperax is a cultist of slaanesh didn't you know

Explaining the reasons why other factions would want to fuck up the Imperium, not saying that you should join up with that. Why are Imperialfags such sensitive bitches?

And I guess you never read the lore. In The Fabius Bile novel, Harlequins helped the Emperor's Children invade and devastate a craftworld as a part of a baragain and a plan for old Fabius. Eldar either have worked with or manipulated Chaos forces to forward one of their plans before.

Stop being a low imagination, low lore reading, fuckboi.

behold the chaos fag , despise him

She's on drugs now so it wouldn't surprise me.

And they allied with Necrons too in "Crusade of Fire".

Are you really surprised that the Dark Eldar would ally with their enemies if it means gains for them. You must leave.

>I guess Tyranids would go against Imperium since they can't eat daemons
>they can't eat daemons

That's a good reason to stop the Chaos from winning you know, they gotta protect their food storage

A single novel going against established luff, especially when it's Harlequins, the most unreliable people from an already unreliable species is not exactly a great argument.

Apprehensive rolling

haha for little girls maybe

Is it bad that I've pretty much decided to support the imperium with my necrons just because that chaosfag (who sometimes falseflags as a deldar player) is getting really fucking obnoxious? GJ bro, you've managed to do the opposite of what you were trying with your bullshit attitude.

>In The Fabius Bile novel

novels fucking up the lore, truly unheard of

*food supply

>how do I dice ?
dice+2d6

What if its actually a double false flag from an Imperial player?

Sounds like something the Alpha Legion would do

>not forcing GW to change the plot, thus delaying them for future reinforcements causing them to ultimately lose
Wew lad

>HURR A SINGLE NOVEL

Harlequins also waylaid Illic Nightspear as he was fighting Necrons. There are harlequins also-also fighting against the Ynnari.

As you said. The Eldar are unreliable and capricious. Their motives are led by prophecies and visions, not logic.

You mean the loyalist or the traitors AL?

Just kill me already
"dice+1d100"

Yes.

>Harlequins
>Craftworlders

And you say others don't know their lore.

>not resurrecting the emperor then killing him in the ultimate decapitation strike operation

Harlequins =! Craftworld Eldar

Even other Eldar don't trust the Harlequins. Give an example of Craftworld eldar helping Chaos.

>any Craftworlder siding with Chaos
>"BUT HARLEQUINS DO IT HURRRRRRRR"

Rolled 29 (1d100)

How indeed

Rolled 86 (1d100)

>dearemperorwhyhaveyouforgottenme

Adorable.