What would be your set up for an all-monster party?

what would be your set up for an all-monster party?

what would the plot hook be?

>pic related
I want to play a sexy medusa

What's the point of playing a sexy medusa if no-one can look at you?

Simple enough. The major kingdom of the setting has finally decided enough is enough and they're going full genocide on all the monsters in the land. You play as a rag tag group of beasties forced to work together to survive, trying to unite all the big monster groups in order to fight back against the kingdom, or at the very least find a way to stop the monster hunt.

Evil Monster Party: Your dark lord sent you to find a macguffin for him.

Good Monster Party: Slavers took your friends/Family hostage and your pursue them.

Fairytale Monster Party: Your masters don't need you anymore so you set out to start a band.

werewolf barbarian
medusa sorceress
vampire paladin
merrow oracle
succubus rogue

>what would the plot hook be?

I ran a plot that was pretty much about several powerful beings (liches, dragons, illithids, elder eye beholders, etc) getting bored and having a contest; each formed a team and they'd all be forced by Geas magic to compete in various events (first to steal the horde of the dragon on firetop mountain wins, first to cleanse the lake of poison wins, first to kill the golem king wins, etc) and while the PCs ended up being more or less standard adventurers some of the rival teams were monster NPC parties; I wish my players had gone that route themselves.

For my part if I had the opportunity, I think I'd want to play a Minotaur Barbarian or Umber Hulk Monk.

When I ran one, I had them be on the run from a holy crusade to commit genocide on all monsters so that only humans would rule the world.

Was a weird game, actually. They spent the first half figuring out how to raise an elder god from the deep to wipe out mankind, then suddenly, when one of the players realized that was what they had been doing for four months and decided she didn't want to, they switched sides and spent the rest of the campaign . . . eradicating all the monsters to save the world for the humans who still wanted to annihilate them.

It made no sense to me at the time. Still doesn't.

Humans are the real monsters :^)

Like this...

...Or like this.

Get a blind husbando

>japanese steel
>high-carbon

This was a criminally underrated comic

Wear a blindfold and use your snake-hair's many eyes to see the world.

Honestly, it's not hard.

Magic shades

After the apocalypse, monsters roam the wasted ruins of civilization. Then aliens invade and they have to fight them off while uncovering the mystery of what happened to all the humans.

>Death scrunchie! xD
That was some fucking penguins of doom level shit

Not that you retard, the comic as a whole.

Each player is the head of a hydra. Each head has a class and it's own set of knowledge and skills. Death of a character simply leads to their replacement with a new one. The body goes where the majority of the heads wants to go

Shin Megami Tensei campaign, but with a twist: the PCs are the demons in the employ of a demon summoner and their job is to keep him alive on his quest to punch YHVH in the dick. There's one problem, however: the summoner is Zapp Brannigan.

Campaign I'm currently running is an all-monster campaign. The Imperial border to the north has been constantly expanding, and colonists have been edging onto monstrous territory for the past few years.
Naturally, the monsters get pissed and start pushing back, and it escalated into a full-scale war between the two Empires and the collected monstrous races.
The players are a hobgoblin, kobold, and insect-person, and they go around doing missions for the army.
Pretty fun campaign

The very fabric of reality is fraying and primal chaos is consuming the world. The only thing that can hold these effects at bay are sapient minds, the more/stronger these minds the greater the area which is stabilized.
As a result all sapients must now band together out of necessity just to survive the growing madness.
Can your party of powerful adventurous creatures be the ones to brave the shifting landscape and find the cause of all this?

A "the A team of heroes is busy/being mislead, time to gather a band of misfits that will have to rise to the task" type of plot.
The misfits being monsterfolks.

Or a "suicide squad" of sort.

Or have a setting where the monster races you fancy are just a race among others.

>all-monster party

>After years of suffering constant raids, the civilized races fled the area, knowing they could not raise children here. Your peoples have turned on each other, and now little remains. It's up to you to find a future for your people - whether that be in building a civilization for yourselves or finding a new source of plunder.

>If anything can unite you now, after all, it is the threat of extinction.

You all meet in the canteen...of the slave quarters in the arena. Each one of you was kidnapped from your home habitat, sometimes alone sometimes in pairs and the most unfortunate cases their entire tribe share the same fate. The strong and fit are forced to fight each other for the amusement of your masters, while the fine and meek are required to "entertain" the clientèle of this despicable enterprise. You have one objective; Survive, no matter the cost.

>Session 1-2
Fantasy Oz, with Goblin gangbangers.

>Session Three
Tonight is the night. After months -years even- of planning you finally have the necessary components to stage a prison break and earn your freedom back. Those of you that survive, what will you do? Will you risk the journey back home, even if you don't know where that home might be? Will you become local bandits and row row fight the powah?