Skycoin

This is the most ambitious crypto project I've ever seen, nothing can compare in that regard.

I'm going to try and educate you plebs about it. The infrastructure is made of 4 main things:

1. SKYCOIN: A coin that is technically superior to any alt there is. Transactions with zero fees that take approximately two seconds, unlimited transaction rate, no need for miners and block rewards, low power usage, ALL of the bitcoin's technical vulnerabilities fixed, a consensus mechanism superior to anything that exists, resistant to all conceivable threats (government censorship, community infighting, cyber/nuclear/conventional warfare, etc).

- Once coinjoin is implemented and the network is running over skywire, it will have a higher level of privacy than any other coin (more anonymous than zcash/monero and without the overhead). Wannabe drug lords should switch from monero/dash to skycoin after the CXO browser and skywire are available, because all of the ecosystem components are integrated with each other. You could have a decentralized silkroad on skywire and pay seamlessly with the same coin you use to pay for your utilities.

- Numerous peer reviewed whitepapers.

- Skycoin is being developed by legit engineering geniuses, for years (predating Bitcoin’s boom).

- Holding Skycoins generates income in the form of Coin Hours (like NEO’s GAS). There will be a marketplace where Coin Hours are traded and Coin Hours will be used for services within the Skycoin ecosystem.

Other urls found in this thread:

coinmarketcap.com/currencies/skycoin/
youtube.com/watch?v=LWhbC0gckgA
blog.skycoin.net/statement/skycoin-distribution-plan/
otc.skycoin.net/
youtu.be/LWhbC0gckgA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Ah nice to see my favourite project finally getting some attention. Keep up the good work paid skyshillop.

So fucking stocked for 2018.
I will finally make it Veeky Forums you cannot fool me any more with your shitcoins

2. SKYWIRE: A decentralized ISP where you earn coins for forwarding traffic/bandwidth (like Tor but faster, not backdoored by NSA and you are getting paid to run a node), that will give everyone nearly free internet access and will get a lot of users and actually be useful. Different networking protocol than TCP/IP, designed to be immune from literally all currently known network based attacks.

- Uses public keys instead of IP addresses, with all of the traffic encrypted by default, making man in the middle attacks impossible.
- Nodes forwarding the traffic can only see the previous and next hop, not origin or destination, making it extremely private.
- Latency is superior to TCP/IP because ISPs use hot potato routing, while Skywire doesnt.
- Speed is superior because bandwidth aggregation is possible, making it possible to share the unused bandwidth of your neighbours.
- Immune to ISP control tactics, such as throttling, censorship, outages, etc.
- Designed to be ran on skycoin's own open source hardware infrastructure.
- Works as an overlay over the current internet as of now, but will be completely independant as soon as the network backhaul is in place.
- Incentivized for the first 14 years, you get paid for running a node and transferring packets for the network.

If the fucking binance rumours are true there is now way this wont be at least a top 20 coin

3. SKYLEDGER: A platform that’s their version of Ethereum’s ERC20, but with Ethereum's technical limitations fixed. Every coin is given their own blockchain and the platform runs on top of the skywire infrastructure. Coins have already started doing ICOs on skyledger (Solarbankers.com, SPACO, etc). About 30 coins lined up so far. There’s a programming language (CX) and it’s not limited to just "smart contracts". Developers of each chain can hardcode whatever they want to do. For example full video games could be embedded on the blockchain, if anyone would want that.

Ethereum is using javascript for front-end. Skycoin is using CX and CX is completely memory sandboxed and uses affordances to box applications and APIs in, so stuff like the parity hack can never happen in skycoin. Skycoin is using affordances and a genode style resource/permission system. So there's an easy way to write security policies - like "the frontend should not be able to access my coins unless something gave it permission to do so". Where as ethereum cannot enforce constraints like this, so they are just duck taping over the problems and hoping they go away.

Skycoin is designed to make these problems impossible through good architecture.

i've been funneling FUN gains into SKY. finally sold all my FUN and i'll be picking up more SKY shortly

the fuck are you me?
besides having a bigger budget we are basically the same

my bad i submitted the wrong screenshot

>peer reviewed

Much of my portfolio is HODL'd in ADA.

How do the two match up?

4. Then there’s the massive ecosystem of stuff being built on top of the previous three things. Like the sky-messenger, the file sharing/dropbox functionality, distributed social media (sort of like Steemit but running on skycoin’s infrastructure and platform), DEX and OTC markets for the whole skyledger family. There’s about 15 development teams working on different projects within skycoin’s ecosystem. And unlike shitty erc20 tokens promising similar things, most of this stuff is already being developed, you can check the github to see the progress.

This is a twice-in-a-lifetime opportunity (The first opportunity was with Bitcoin's price rise). You need to hold these coins for a year or two, and not be greedy with day-trading. That is the most ultimate lesson I can ever teach you.

Basically if you choose ignore all of this, you're a fucking retard.

What's it's market cap
And predicted market cap / price next year

>What's it's market cap
coinmarketcap.com/currencies/skycoin/

>And predicted market cap / price next year
nobody can tell you that, but this coin isn't on any major exchange except cryptopia yet. It'll hit binance some time next year, for sure, and then bittrex maybe.

Is this the official Telegram? There's not many people: t(d0t)me/Skycoin

this coin is my absolute #1 pick for monster gains in 2018-19. don't be sad that these skycoin threads don't get more than 20 replies or so each time. just use this time to accumulate. the devs of this coin are hard at work and are not attention whores like other coins. when skywire starts to pick up, with ISPs being the kike bastards they are, i believe that we'll see exponential growth of this coin/net. i'm just going to keep slowly buying and i hope you are, too

The coin is still under the radar. But right now the channel is growing at high speed

lmao

ADA has nothing, haskell is fucking trash. Not scalable, it's slow as shit and takes ridiculous amount of resources. Ridiculously inflated marketcap through washtrading. You are a stupid person for buying it.

*silently moons*

thank u based shills

Some cool shit coming out soon.

have you seen new clif high's report? Mining section specifically?

200 skylet here, will I make it?

merry chrisumazu

Interesting. Will take a into this.

this

but skycoin has nothing

IOTA is the win

where are your arguments?

How does this compare to Raiblocks in terms of transaction speed? Seems slower

big sack chad coming through

What does he say?

when is this coming to other exchanges?

This is nice and all but what are the deadlines for 2018? There is almost nothing on their roadmap.

It's nice to promise a shitload of things but noone care if 70% of this shit is for 2022.
Also where are the drawbacks? There are always a bunch of them and generally when people don't tell you upfront it's because they must be crippling.

>Coin Hours are traded and Coin Hours will be used for services within the Skycoin ecosystem
If it sounds too good to be true, ....

Seems like they're biting off more than they can chew. Overambition in development leads to no real product long-term

So how energy-costly is that?

>IOTA is the win
IOTA doesn't fucking work correctly

looking at your chart, what is the most prevalent, obviously 'Best' part of the chart?
>Hint: Look for what IS NOT present on the chart

It's infinitely scalable, similar architecture to raiblocks but instead of generating a POW nonce every transaction it uses coinhour mechanism. So it's actually usable for small IOT devices with no computing power. Nothing against raiblocks btw, it's also a great coin, except it covers a different niche.

so you come at me when it's already at $22 a coin? wtf, how about you post this shit when it's cheap

% change is what matters

sure.
>shitty marketing
>difficult to implement on exchanges
>maybe too ambitious
>retards thinking its premined because only 6m out of 100m are on the market, even though the distribution plan is hardcoded into the coin, lasting over 14 years at least

besides that there's not much else.

riddle me that

>So how energy-costly is that?
It's just a cluster of ARM single board computers, shouldn't be energy costly at all.

>So how energy-costly is that?
i would say it would be less energy costly than mining other coins because you don't have 4 ati gaydeon 42069XXX going wide-open 24/7 on a 1800w psu

That skycoin is literally going to take over the world.

its only on shit exchanges and the miners are still not even distributed
if you like high risk this is for you

How likely is the possibility to have a new exchange in the coming months?

wonder what he's talking about here :^)

It's on a long steady upswing. They finally bought some marketing apparently which hopefully means getting on other exchanges. Bought in at 0.0016.

Only 7 million coins. This project is too ambitious though. Won't take off

i would set up a node, myself. i wonder if they could push cell service through these nodes, too, or have software on phones that lets you talk/text using skywire

Everything is already good to go

t.me/Skycoin

if this coin gets on binance/bittrex. it will take off. if its too ambitious or not.

How come the shill posts are literally within seconds of eachother?

Tell me more about the distribution plan.

maybe it's not shillposts at all
maybe you're just missing out
ever think about that dumbo

The Skywire protocol has superior latency to TCP/IP because ISPs use hot potato routing, while Skywire doesnt.

It’s centralised. Therefore it is pointless and it can and will be corrupted by (((them))). No ty. Plus they are trying to do to much. Jack of all trades and master of none. If I wanted a digital bank I would use an existing one. Not a new one with its own digital currency. It is pointless. Just another centralised mess Eich will only be more of the (((same))) shit we have always had. A wolf in sheeps clothing like xrp, iota, and bcash. Cancer.

youtube.com/watch?v=LWhbC0gckgA
which one of you made this?

blog.skycoin.net/statement/skycoin-distribution-plan/

basically it's otc.skycoin.net/ until they hit 15m
then the rest is for skywire incentives, aka paying nodes transferring packets
5m paid per year, minimum 14 years.

how is it centralized u dumbass

what kind of iternet do you need to run that miner ?

keked

>really expensive coin
>no volume

Nahh i'll pass

have fun with your vaporware shitcoins mate

Volume slowly crawling up...
I might Risk it

>promise the moon
>only on shit exchanges

>arguments?
IOTA is a religion

their marketing has been shit because the developers have been busy developing.

So you will buy for x5 the current price when it gets on bigger exchanges?

holding 450. but should def. be added to binance.

Legit- coin will make you a millionaire Confirmed.

Repeat. COIN CONFIRMED TO MAKE YOU A MILLIONAIRE. THIS IS NOT A DRILL.

youtu.be/LWhbC0gckgA

>We paid 9 different video groups and I have no idea what they are doing. We paid for the one before this but, lol.
>I think the idea was to pay people and see what they produce and the first group to produce a video was a Veeky Forums mega troll. lol

brb opening an account on skycoin dot net

quadrupling my money every other day

Vaporcoin without a minimally viable product, and cute marketers.

Fuck off you faggot.

Yeah all this lines of code and the hardware nodes are just vapour.

kek. most of the projects are just whitepapers.

still high risk high rewards.

THIS IS TAKING OFF TOO SOON I JUST GOT MY CHRISTMAS MONEY REEEEE

iota is better you shill

FUN gains?

0 arguments found, just like this guy:

put $800 in at 350 and sold at 355. so made about $215. used it to buy more monero and sky

now how is it better? just compare the codebase of both projects and come up with a real argument

i don't do your work faggots.
just lets see who gains more at the end of 2018.

weak

i mean sold at 455