Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

New Chaos Codex Edition

Previously: >Konor Campaign stuff:
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>New Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=fCybi5r71RE

>GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf(and epub), SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>novels here
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>Other megas
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA (no 8e stuff here)

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing Abaddon's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Lc9aMBc9Lxg&t
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Konor will not fall

Oh yes it will.

Blood Angels best chapter

For you.

Quintus must fall! Come on North America let's show the rest of the region chaos lives!

In your dreams chaoskiddie

7th for the squatting

>Currey pointed to testimony from the twins' father, who said he thought Christopher Cormier was questioning his sexuality.
Someone should make an edit of this thing with Luther and the Lion

>Implying Chaos Cucks can beat the new Chadmarines and their Chadex

Yeah, good luck lol

Agreed.

Just started playing them.

C&C on my first model?

Looks like quintus is starting to go back to imperial control. Get fucked chaosfag

What the fuck is that ?

Yugioh players are literal subhumans. Stealing cards is absolutely commonplace among them. Magic is better but not that much better. The body odor of the average Magic player is heinous, to say the least.

40k community has some issues, but I haven't had any fuckwit try to steal my minis yet.

>blood angels are beautiful

Mate, ManletMarines are the ones being cucked.

>he bought an old model
>he smothered it in paint
>he didn't even strip it before trying to sell it on
Losses me off as much as someone listing a single hammerhead as a 'tau army'

Card game players in general are cancer. Im so glad my FLGS quarantines them in a separate room

Dante got killed by Lucius in my 5000 point game recently.
Not even by Lucius' own attack, Lucius had 2 wounds left, dealt a bunch of damage to Dante, then made every single save and dealt enough mortal wounds with his Shrieking Souls Armor ability to finish Dante off.

>Quintus
>giving a hoot about literally where

Heard you were talking shit about Sanguinius.

Why is it? Is it because there's no such thing as a fun fluffy game of magic, so everyone is a WAAC?
Also, what makes yugioh players so bad?

youtube.com/watch?v=Lc9aMBc9Lxg&t

New Duncan

>WHTV Tip of the Day - White Scars Tank Armour.

Are Monoliths that bad?

thinking your community is better is a mistake, shit people you see in other communities are in your hobby too.
t. stole some minis

In Darkness Dwells

Saturnine terminator you new fag
>when your scary mask doesn't save you from other scary sounds

I just remember Magic players at my old FLGS smelled bad and were usually Goth kids covered in chains.

The RPG and Wargaming crowd was actually pretty normal except for a few people.

Now I live where there are none.

Not with that attitude it wont

Oh look at the cute children! Theyre pretending theyre us!

Nice shiny manlets you got there man

My friend had his space marine army stolen out of his car and sold to a local shop. Aside from having some old stuff that shop is also total shit too.

Black people and no consistent theme
No they fit the army aesthetic quite well
Why, although I accidentally stole a codex so can't complain

Yes but when have you read about murders in Yugioh?

The dubs of reckoning Konor will bleed!

Oh come here little egg

It's always Florida Man.

the only mistake was your dad squirting into your mother

>sold to a local store
Why would you do that
>oh yes we act as a fence for stolen warhammer items which are painted in distinctive colours and people can easily prove themselves to be the owners of

Accidentally nicked a Pedro Kantor off some kid a few years back, met him not too long ago by chance and gave it back, we had a good laugh and still hang out in the shop, pretty cool guy for a marine player

what do you mean why? People steal things because they want them, isn't that obvious enough?

>Accidentally nicked a Pedro Kantor off some kid a few years back
What happened? How did you accidentally take it?

The CSM roll table is coming along nicely, it should be done soon, tomorrow if not tonight.

>Ok Chaos, Imperium good luck on the campaign
>Imperium I have something for you before we start, a brand new codex full of amazing buffs
>Now Chaos, I know you'll want one too, and you'll have it... after the campaign.
>Let the best faction win!

Yes but that's a crime, and why would you want to be a criminal
Not him, but a kid packed his codex into my army box which was right next to his, and didn't realise until I got home and opened it up, funny thing was I thought I left 4 of my kroot there

You accidentally took it, you didn't steal it.

>when you're commissioned by Games Workshop to paint beautiful people but the only face you can draw is Anjelica Huston

God speed Wizzards Inn! Chaos doing quite nicely there.

Post YFW chaos wins because Mortarion can summon units 4 3

Chaos players, what are YOU doing to turn the tide of Konor? Trying new strategies, new units?

And I GUESS Imperium or Xenos players can respond and talk about the same. I guess.

>chaosfags already butthurt over campaign results and day one isn't even halfway over
Glorious. Makes EoT worth it

The store is awful and people are idiots.

What's the recommended point level for the campaign? I'm in a scramble assembling my guys but I know I have at least 1000 points worth

Paint more shit and play more games throughout the week. The Imperium started off strong over seas but North America has a good chance of being a chaos foothold.

I'm 500 point Khorne user, I'm painting cultists to use for next week Amon according to FW is actually the evil guy from prince of Persia sands of time, no idea how he survived that long

Characters can't go in transports with other units can they now
Follow what the website says, a get collecting this week, so 500 points then an elites next week 1000 points

Decided that 8th might be a good jumping back in point for 40k and am liking the look of the rules and indices.
quick question though, is the only option for a tank tied up in melee to fall back and forgo shooting for a turn? or do they have some other way of disengaging?

>Characters can't go in transports with other units can they now

What are you smoking, user?

Characters can go in transports the fuck are you smoking

I really wanted to bring my warband but this is discouraging me.

Should I just bring my Deldar? Or chaos?

I'm going to get two points for two different elite squads in week 2, and I'm trying some new strategies.
Also I think one other player, who is Chaos, threw me a win by playing Imperium against me, challenging me to a 250 point game and putting Cawl on the field as his only unit.

Superheavies don't care about melee abd can shoot anyways, normie tankshave to back up and not shoot for a turn

>Characters can't go in transports with other units can they now
try to be less condescending the next time you are totally wrong user

Is it fair to ask the guys I play with to let me take a gravis captain as Deathwatch? I can take primaris captains, I can take primaris marines in gravis but I can't take primaris captains in gravis.

Either that or try to melee down the enemy.

SOME tanks (mostly LOWs) have rules allowing them to either shoot while in melee or shoot after falling back.

All tanks with the fly keyword can shoot after falling back by default.

thank you!

But they're two different units now, but if they can does that mean I can put two 5 man units of berserkers in the same rhino

Dumb question but do thousands sons (pre-heresy/turning to dust or not) have red skin like their Primarch?

Chaos should win because they retool in melee
Ask him but if he says no just proxy him as a termie

Are you having a stroke, user? Try parsing out your full question goddamnit

Deldar, fight for the winning side.

No only Magnus, and that's because Magnus doesn't have a mortal coil, he's a biomancer that makes himself, the redskin is a reflection of warp energies

The transport section does not mention "units" at all.

And yes, I know pic is the loyalist one, but CBA to search the right picture.

What do I kit my Tactical Chaos Marines with? Bolters or what?

is he a Tzeentchian?

Apparently all the Primaris units with can be deathwatch as of the new FAQ, so go nuts

>cawl only
>final destination
kek

Can character units ,e.g. Khorne Chaos Space Marine lords, go into vechiles, e.g. Chaos Rhinos, if a unit is already embarked which is less than the transport capacity, e.g. 8 Khorne berserkers in a chaos rhino

Spamming cheese. Running base chaos with sorcs warp timing bezerkers as soon as they get out of rhinos so they make charges. Along with my daemon prince warlord to fly about and charge characters with that sexy plus 1 attack warlord trait.

Yes. Capacity is based on models, not units.

Bolter and chainsword .com has the answers

Yes, you can put five characters and a five-man unit of berserkers in a rhino if you want. They're not restricted to a single unit anymore.

Yes, entirely. You can fit 10 different HQs into an empty rhino if you wanted.

The literal only limit is it can only be any combination of 10 not terminator, not centurion, not jump pack, not primaris models.

His Chaos armies are Iron Warriors and Thousand Sons, so yes.
Deployed him right at the edge of his deployment zone too. I was able to turn 1 charge him thanks to the advance and charge stratagem.

I'm well into my first week of a two week break from work, spent most of it buying, building and painting a force of space marines and one of dark eldar. Should definitely be scoring some painting points for the imperium. I'd like to get some games in too; I haven't played in over 15 years.

>sorc warp timing bezerkers as soon as they get out of rhinos
>daemon prince warlord to fly about and charge characters

>cheese

Oh, sweet summer child.

Kek

So I am reading the passage on GSC on Including Astra Militarum detachments but it is a little vague on how it works with keywords.

Could I include a detachment of GSC, a detachment of AM, and also a detachment of Tyranids? Or would that not work because Tyranids and Astra Militarum have no keywords in common?

Thanks boss.

>His Chaos armies are Iron Warriors and Thousand Sons, so yes.
That explains it, good on him for not helping the vile forces of nurgle

>Could I include a detachment of GSC, a detachment of AM, and also a detachment of Tyranids?

Yes

Thanks anons, I've always been slow with rules which is why I've only played like 8 games over the 3 editions I've played.
So because you can put multiple units in, are Khorne berserkers better are 2 5man units jumping out land raiders, or one group of 10, or one blob of 20 now templates are gone

He managed to make it look like he thought he could win too.
My friend noticed and laughed about us "farming for points" and I jokingly asked if it was legal.

I don't know what to do. Almost none of my shit is painted and i know if i go in to the store with unpainted models they will probably do that bullshit "rerolls vs unpainted" shit. I'm thinking of trying to paint up two heralds of nurgle plus six plague drones and sixty plaguebearers all with lots of washes to try and get a workable army.

Good enough to deal with primaris. Which everyone at my local shop has a hard on for

I don't play chaos, but i feel 2 10 mans gives you the most bang for the buck

>cost 381 Points for a 3+ save with meh fire power is a waste. Can only transport ONE unit at a turn so ether your troops have no HQs or your HQs has no troops.

Yes it is bad and will never really see any competitive play.

Oh no it won't!
... Wait, It's not pantomime season...

Good luck when facing some ACTUAL cheese