>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint (yes, the ellipses are part of the URL!)
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>Priming With Acrylic Gesso
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Priming_With_Acrylic_Gesso

>Green Stuff Casting
fromthewarp.blogspot.com/2011/11/molding-and-casting-shoulderpads.html
masteroftheforge.com/2012/05/21/rubber-molds-green-stuff/
masteroftheforge.com/2012/07/17/green-stuff-cast-shoulder-pad/

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>SERIOUSLY THIN YOUR PAINTS THIS IS NOT A MEME THIS IS ACTUAL ADVICE
youtube.com/watch?v=m3p_VuPIS2c&lc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uQpBGfJ2sOU
youtube.com/watch?v=u_oZGxsNCZk
ebay.co.uk/itm/20PC-Micro-HSS-Drills-2PC-Pin-Vice-Great-For-Airfix-Warhammer-Model-Making/201021049561?_trksid=p2045573.c100508.m3226&_trkparms=aid=555017&algo=PL.CASSINI&ao=1&asc=44944&meid=44aaddf1741f40a980a7bde1a2a46ae5&pid=100508&rk=1&rkt=1&
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Perfect timing OP ;)

Anyone have feedback and advice? Still need to do the guns but not sure how AND basing.. someone suggested something green but i am just not sure yet. Could really use some advice

I'd darken the bases. Moreso, add some shade/black to the recesses to make the 'white' pop out more.

Wip Primaris deathwatch.

I wanted to go for a heavy duty breacher look. I think I'll add some grenades later.

You'd think a breacher would wear a helmet with some kind of reinforced front armor.

i need help boys, im painting a renegade weapons team for a friend and im need something for the gun to be leaning on and im thinking of making it be one of those large metals x things that used to be used in ww2 to stop tanks and shit, anybody got a guide on how to build one of those shits, i think i remember someone saying they made one out of sprue or something

>T H I C C Edition
CAN DO!
I suck at white so hard.

>tfw i forgot to resize
fucking kill me please, i deserve it

Any suggestions?

Head pats. Dude looks upset.

The doctor prescribes a whole-model wash of Agrax Earthshade

It's why he's got that sick headwound bro

he is just scared because his teal uniform makes him stick out like a sore thumb.

his clothes look awesome but the gun and helmet look like they could use a teensy bit of highlighting, the face looks okay, but i cannot explain just how much i love the clothes

The white's bad. Like, really bad. But everything else looks decent enough to plop on a table. Let me guess, feathers are in a coloured gradient because their phoenix feathers, right?

Don't forget to hug your guardsmen anons

Gessofags, any beginners tips for priming models?

I would be scared too. But I would look fabulous.

I know I know. I just can't get it right, but you're spot on about the feathers!

Hug your Anons

reposting my boyz from last night.
about to start on the next batch, gotta make them EVEN BLASTIER

how come you only based two of them?

It shrinks as it dries. Dont slather it on super thick, but if you go at it with a large brush and cover every area, you shouldn't obscure any detail.
I've found black gesso great, white gesso pretty bad.

I think whole model would probs dry uneven on those flat bits and look bad.

Then again, if it'd been undercoated white, all over shade would have been a nice way to quickly get the armor done.

Trying to decide on basing before I paint one.

A.

Teach me how to white!

B.

The rest of my stuff is kinda no man's land trenchy. I like the captain to stand out, either calling out a charge from the rear at their fortifications or standing triumphant on claimed fortress.

Green marble?
dude looks nice too.

I'm by no means great at it, but when I paint a white helmet I like to do it like Duncan does in his purifier tutorial. Basically, celestra grey, shade recesses with watered down fenris grey, layer with ulthuan grey, edge with white scar

i prefer this one, it has much more of a "i just had a battle in which i just fucked you hard", because of the very clear damage from some type of gunfire and the fact that its clearly leftover of some kind of building

Thanks! He's pretty close to done. I need to clean some of the chunkier power sword highlighting and transitioning.

If I go with the first one I'm thinking marble too. I'll have to find a good method for that.

It just looks white to me...Is there really that much on one helmet? I think I should get my eyes checked.

I'm kinda partial to it too, because hard-on for walls.

The ground on it is kinda urban though with a storm drain. Might need to put some mud on it so it matches the rest of the team.

They're called Czech Hedgehogs, to build out of sprue you need to find a picture of them then stick three bits of sprue together so they look the same.

cos i'm waiting on some materials from secret weapon. i decided i didn't like the basing scheme i was going for, so i need some stuff to make my new theme work

Yeah, but its pretty subtle even in person. White is weird. Celestra grey is a nice base color that has good coverage and gives a solid base. Ulthuan is very nearly white but still allows highlighting with pure white, but the important step is the careful recess shading, because that is what gives definition to otherwise flat color.

>ok Matthew, we are going that all over again, "you", are shooting in "that" direction

Bullshit. He clearly just walked into a doorframe because he's a Primaris and thus two feet taller than any door.

youtube.com/watch?v=uQpBGfJ2sOU

"Do you see that? Yes the burning company HQ I told you not to shoot at"

Watch out, black jesso has iron oxide in it. It will clump up over any magnetized portions.

Not a critique of the paintjob per se, but I really dislike that shade of green. Mint isn't a good look for a soldier. He looks like he'd taste of toothpaste.

I think if you should half the shoulder pad with some red. Would be nice triadic colours

Second PM underway. What colour shall I do this fucker's cape and hood?

Looking good user.

Related question for anyone, what other colours are there for nurgle traitor marines?
off white and pea green seem to be the most common, anyone seen anything else that really stood out?

Looks pretty nice! Especially like the little nurgling shoulderpad, almost as cute as the horror shoulderpad from the exalted kit.

I like them but the left two look a bit too clean in comparison to the others. Tumblr noses work well on orks.

Thanks. To answer your question; the ones that "work" best are green and offwhite since they follow the colours of human flesh in sickness.

You can, with a little effort, make any colour look nurgly simply by making it filthy and gooey. I remember seeing years back some black legion Plague Marines that had black armor with glazes that gradually turned certain areas of the armour a putrid green. It looked really nice. I'll try to find it for you.

yeah, those two aren't weathered yet. thanks tho!

If I'm lazy and don't want to buy more paints right now, could I try going for the glossy red for pre-heresy colors without using the metallic red paint by using a gemstone paint?

Don't half-ass things.

I don't want to half ass the model, I just don't really want to go out to get the paint because the people at my shop are weird. I was just wondering if it was an option, that's all.

It will look very different to what you've done already.

Go in, buy the paint, get out. Don't half ass thing as the other user said

order online.

Do not use gesso as your only primer, especially on resin and very especially not on metal. It's way too delicate. Fucking brilliant for getting a good surface to paint on, but make sure that the parts of the model which will come into contact with things have some proper primer on before you use the gesso. You only need a relatively light coat of primer under it though.

Made out of sprue they look a bit shit. Grab some plasticard H beams and do them properly or buy a kit with them (Tamiya and Italeri both do some 1:35 obstacles).

Any /wip/ approved guides for painting camo on small models, like Tau fire warriors?

WIP can I get c&c on my flesh tearer ibe been working on. Not to certain about it

Do it oversized, not realistic, or you risk losing all the details. Keep it simple

I think you've gone too far with the highlights, I'd only use that pink on the most extreme parts

Better angle

>THICCguard, by THICCstodes user

Try it, I think it'd look interesting.

Phoenicians user, looking good. But you really do need to work on that white.

I apply it with small pieces of foam. You've gotta ensure the colours contrast well enough and the details aren't too fine though or your minis will just look like they're extremely dirty from a distance. You should also use it sparingly, if the entire mini is covered in camo it becomes a visually confusing mess.

I guess I'll try picking up one of those practice marines to try it out, and then from there decide if I should use that or the normal method.

Its like thats what its designed to do or something.

Your doing well, but you need some contrast. Inking it and then dry brushing with your base color would be great. Add some darker tones of red to the core of the blood splatter so it looks like it's drying like it would be after 10 seconds. I LOVE the shading on your greens.

Yes, but if you completely disregard any aesthetic concerns you'll end up with an awful-looking mini, regardless of how totally authentic the camo is. I've made those mistakes with camo before user, learn from my experiences.

Like they said, be more patient with the white. Let it dry completely and make sure it's nice and thin. Also I like the feathers but the gradient is to bold. Make the colored sections a bit longer and the black should be like the last 1/5 go look at some eagle feathers.

at first i was frustrated that i couldnt make the spotter actually look in the direction he was pointing but then i realized that this shit looks ten times better

You have to strike a balance between shit looking good and shit looking realistic.

More progress.

This phone is terrible at taking photos of small shit.

The problem is I want to do gray camo with a kind of octopus pattern, with mechanicus standard gray as the base and well what's the next colour up from that?, dawn stone? Is there no in between that. Anyway I've been testing it on random small models but my skills aren't enough to clean oval/peanut shapes, any ideas?

This sounds very ambitious user

Currently trying to build 3 Type-II eldar wave serpents.

Removing mouldlines now, but still need gapfilling and lots of other things.

Just building will probably take up to a week.

Looks good but those barrels are begging to be drilled

Could you do two things for me please?

A - a tutorial on drilling.
B - a cheap but good hobby drill on Ebay.co.uk

My fucking sides user, Yes it is that's why I'm probable just going to do Sons of horus primaris like a good goy.

A. youtube.com/watch?v=u_oZGxsNCZk
B. Idk, just search 'pin vice'. I have the Army Painter one which works fine, any decent one will cost around £7

If you're phone supports it, switch to pro settings. Drop your brightness a little. Get a good light on the mini and zoom in rather than getting the camera up close.

>Anyway I've been testing it on random small models but my skills aren't enough to clean oval/peanut shapes, any ideas?

>A. youtube.com/watch?v=u_oZGxsNCZk
Thanks!

What about this one?
ebay.co.uk/itm/20PC-Micro-HSS-Drills-2PC-Pin-Vice-Great-For-Airfix-Warhammer-Model-Making/201021049561?_trksid=p2045573.c100508.m3226&_trkparms=aid=555017&algo=PL.CASSINI&ao=1&asc=44944&meid=44aaddf1741f40a980a7bde1a2a46ae5&pid=100508&rk=1&rkt=1&

Yea, that should be fine to get to grips with the tool

I appreciate it my dude!

Yes, that's what I was talking about but I was phoneposting before so I didn't wanna post the photo, but when I do T'au I really wanna do that colour scheme so I should just start with primaris minitures and when I'm good enough try to do that.

I'm just got to say, when I started 40k (with Tau), I used as a basis for my first color scheme, and even though I sucked as a newbie painter, I managed this very well. It's a surprisingly newb friendly paint scheme in my experience.

Just basecoat with light gray and paint the darker on top of it in the desired pattern and dots. Should look good on models with lots of flat armor or curves, so Primaris might actually be ideal minis to paint it on.

This was a pain. My very first completed-ish model. Still needs work, including the transfers obviously, but done for now.

why on earth do people start with big stuff like this? that's just asking for trouble.
Practice on infantry first. you won't regret it.

that being said, it's not -too- bad, barring shittons of mouldlines and the white paint being kinda thicc

It's worse than you think, it's not mould lines, it's bloody seams. But yeah, I didn't thin the white paint enough. It was thinned a bit, but definitely not enough, to my regret. The commander in the cupola was my infantry practice for the pathfinders I also have.

It's okay, user. You can always strip it and try again. Everyone makes mistakes, now try and not make them next time.
Practice on that pathfinder squad before moving onto anything else, and maybe keep that commander separate if you do strip it. It's nice to keep your first models on hand once you get gud.

My latest finished miniature. 8th has let me get back to building an interesting nid list

brutal

Makes me gag to look at in a very good way

rad

I've made more progress painting the last week than I have since I started playing this game. I actually finished a whole squad, minus transfers but still. I think I've finally got back into it. Forgive the potato that claims to be a picture

Basisilk is near completion. Gotta add the crewmembers in the back and she's good to go pummel mutants/heretics/xenos/whatever to death.

How's she looking? Missing anything?

I went a bit heavy on weathering as this was an eBay salvage and she had some bad knife slips and glue stains on her.

>damaged barrel
this is triggering me

It looks good!

Barrel looks a bit plain compared to the rest of the model, although I don't know what all you could do to it otherwise. Have you tried heat stains before?

Forgot to quote.