Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Space Wolves Edition

Previously: >Konor Campaign: Chaos BTFO edition
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>New Duncans
youtube.com/watch?v=fCybi5r71RE&t

youtube.com/watch?v=Lc9aMBc9Lxg&t

>GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf(and epub), SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>novels here
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>Other megas
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA (no 8e stuff here)

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing Abaddon's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Horus did nothing wrong

Blood Axes are best Klan!

IRON WARRIORS BETTER GET GOOD LEGION ABILITIES

1st Legion 'est Best Legion

Nth for tyranids a cute

6th for CUTEDAR.

Ironlet still got BTFO by Bobby G and his stormravens.

When will Ironlets learn?

Omnissiah's ceramite testicles, why must basecoating Sicarians be such a bloody chore?

Ah well, done with the worst of it now, so time to go completely nuts with the Athonian, Agrax and Nuln before I do the bronze and black parts.

After them, some Infiltrators and Kastelans.
What are you painting up for Konor, anons?

>6+ FnP
>Can take Obliterators as Troops
You know it's coming. If you're lucky, they'll throw in some +1 to wound buildings

I hate how so many of their batreps are "premium content." The ones I saw were entertaining, but I can't imagine paying to watch them.

nth for Redemptor and Leviathan buddy cop story, bros for life and death

Question for Ad Mech guy.

How do you roll for those guys who do 2 damage instead of 1 on a 6? Sequencing is very important and if you are hitting anything with 2 wounds or more, it matters. Only way I can see it working is if you roll 1 at a time but that's a huge pain.

Are Titans any good in 8e, anons? I have discovered that MI actually has a Warhound or Reaver I could conceivably afford as a birthday present, and they are sexy, but I would rather not spend all that money on something that completely sucks.

Konor will not fall

How good would a Deldar army with 6 20 man warrior blobs and an archon in a rental is for army wide LD 10 be?

Best codex SM have gotten in years, almost all of it is viable and most chapters can get the most of their armies via stratagems and relics.

I am loving it!.

So I've been running lots of terminators ever since I started playing back in 6th. They've been improved considerably in 8th. What do you guys think of them now? I'm annoyed that I can't run termies and a lord in my shaggin wagon, but the new reserves system is pretty nice.

#
It's more about how IF ALWAYS kicks the ever living shit out of the IW when they are both strong as fuck. I'm okay with a phyric victory, but anytime they go against each other, they make IW hopelessly incompetent despite their entire schtick being masters of the science of War..

>almost all is viable

If it ain't a 5 man squad in a razorback or a stormraven, its shit.

As the opponent allocates the wounds, they get to pick. They can roll all 2D first, or all 1D, or alternate them autistically for minimum damage if they want to do them all one by one.

This is one of the MANY reasons that I would like them returned to two WOUNDS on a 6+, not least because it would make them good
at their actual job again.

Please no. Traitor Legions basically forgot we exist. I don't want anymore rules that affect things we can't even field.

You clearly haven't played with the codex yet

"Can take X as troops" will never again be a thing now that detachments exist. Want to take nothing but obliterators? Just use the vanguard detachment or whatever it's called

I liked the one that people were tossing around about using cultists as cover and being able to shoot into your own guys

Its gonna be 'IW can advance and fire at -1BS'.

Why are space dog players so fucking autistic?

World Eater fans admit that Angron was bad, Iron Warrior fans admit that Perturabo was autistic, why does every wolf fag suck on Russ's dick so hard?

They know the science of war but not the art.

IW a shit

I gonna play nidzilla !

>tfw your Legion's Primarch isn't Magnus

Why even live?

best girl

Can the opponent theoretically pick to assign 1W, then 2W and 1W and 2W to waste the 2W ones?

What the hell chaos get off your asses and stop losing this is embarrassing.

Right now I'm doing my Thousand Chads. Glossy red armour, golden trim. Going to have to buy some White Scar so I can do the eye lenses right, but oh well.
Really shocked with how easy the Primaris Marines are to paint, actually. It's like they were designed to be easy as hell to paint.
And after they're all done and based I'll reward myself with a Primaris Librarian.

Because most SW players are 14 year olds.

He seems cheerful. Who is he?

>he thinks chaos even has a chance

Yup. Sadly nobody has been up for doing a lewd picture of her and Yvarine in the drawthread.

Could be doable as long as you support it well. Don't fall for the "anything can wound anything!" meme guardfags posit, you will not be able to reliably injure high T units with just splinter spam.

I'm a crimson fist player constantly getting bodied by Space Wolves. Wulfen + Thunder Woves are on me by turn 2 minimum, with deep striking thunder hammer terminators joining the fray, and long fangs dominating me at range.

Anyone have advice for things a vanilla marine player can do to stop the onslaught of furry goodness.

the only primarch worse than magnus is lorgar

No. You have to take wounds on whatever model is wounded first.

Is that why they charged to their deaths en masse? They were doing some kind of retarded artistic interpretive display?

Because nothing Russ did is on par with what Angron and Perturabo did.

>tfw you Legion primarch is Fulgrim

>implying I don't shit on Russ every chance I get

Because Russ was a handsome boy who did nothing wrong

He's right. Chaosbros, if we fight only each other all campaign that means we get a point for chaos no matter who wins.

And then Imperium will only fight imperium, leading to the exact same situation.
Which is an auto-lose for chaos because there are far more imperial players than there are chaos ones

You don't need art if you have enough artillery. Be as fancy with your maneuvers as you want, they won't help you when ten thousand tons of high explosives turns your army into slush.

I mean lets say you have terminators, and opponent rolled 5, 6s and 10 non 6s.

Can you assign the first wound to the terminators so it does 1 damage, and brings one down to 1 wound, and then assign that wounded guy to save a 2 wound attack, so that it is wasted on him effectively.

Absolutely agree. If I want to watch a game so badly that I'm willing to pay for it, I'll just go to the local store, buy something, sit down and assemble it while watching some dudes play.

Except that's literally already happening. "

reposting my 50pl list for the konor event

World eaters can take Khorne Berzerkers as troops and 1ksons can take rubriks as troops so it's not completely redundant

because even the setting is fooled by Leman Russ acting like a jackass

well i play daemons and i'm usually hosed at range before i get into assault. feed him a weak unit, fall back then melta or something with multiple damage him. your goal is to survive otherwise you get boxed in

>deliberately embarking on a suicide mission is the same thing as unwittingly and unwillingly getting your ass kicked
>despite holding every single possible advantage the IW were still slowly getting pushed back by the IF

wew

And let's not even get into Perturabo literally being out-maneuvered and nearly killed by a force that was outgunned and not even being led by a primarch

>Russ
>Dindu nuffin
>Except for genocide an entire planet of imperial citizens who had no idea they were even going to be attacked
>all because you don't like psykers

And people call Perturabo evil. At least you can argue Perturabo was putting down a rebellion. Russ sucker punched an entire population and then in the same breath has the audacity to say "MUH WARRIORS HONOR"

>mfw fellow preheresy TS.

Oh yeah no I plan on having 2 Dark lances in each blob and air support with Void Ravens. I just didn't know if 120 t3 5+ inf was complete shit. I know from 5th through 7th it was a literal deathtrap.

Generally you should be rolling the damage one at a time and assigning the damage in order.

Learn to screen battle brother

Looking at the points section in the back of Index Imperium 1, how come an assault terminator costs 5pts more than a regular terminator even before factoring in wargear? They seem to just have the exact same profile and rules aside from different gear selection, so what gives?

Was this a thing in previous editions? I play Dark Angels so regular termies/assault termies have essentially been the same thing for me, hence my ignorance.

So if this thing is an escape pod (probably) working like a drop pod to get from air to surface, what would an escape pod for surface to air be like?

>post yfw Bobby G is a hipster now

>Literally trying to act like the Imperial Fists greatest embarrassment was somehow a victory

This is why I hate Fistfags. They can't ever accept the that their faggot banana men lost against the Iron Warriors

Is that why the White Scars literally ran circles around the Iron Warriors in every engagement they had and Horus had to eventually bitch Perturabo out and tell him to go fuck off somewhere else?

If a weapon does not do a constant amount of damage, you cannot "fast roll" damage; damage has to be rolled sequentially so that it can be allocated properly.

Looking good! Though that flared hood thingie looks kind of awkward propped up behind the psychic hood.

Having Autistic the red putting a giant blindfold over his own planet isn't Russ sucker punching.

or should I try this tau list instead

If they give IW Basilisks I will never complain again. Or at least for like... a week

a rocket of some kind, probably with a "pod" that detaches from the engines after leaving atmosphere

>magnus did nothing wrong
>the post

Clearly they didn't have enough artillery.

>"No psykering or sorcery Magnus. I even invited all of you to discuss and tell you exactly that. And if you don't comply, I have to destroy you"
>"Wheeee, warpmagic, yay :D"
>...
>"W-why do you do this to me, father?"

>following a direct order from the person who acts with the authority of the Emperor himself is wrong

>IW
>not complaining
I thought that was the bitter bros thing though

So, I wonder what weapons to put on the Aggressors.
On the one hand, flamer fists would make for solid brawlers as I'd be less inclined to try and make the most of their double tap. They could accompany a Gravis Captain into the thick of it, but their flamers wouldn't really benefit much.
On the other hand, bolters and frags have okay range to camp on a forward objective and pelt an opponent with mediocre shots. Sticking a Gravis Captain seems also sub-par.

Help?

Use Rhinos, disembark your dudes and push the Rhinos forward to meet assaulting units or block line of sight or use them to deny deep striking areas.

>Slaughtering a population that had no clue that they were being attacked or that they were even declared heretical

That's sucker punching. Magnus concealed the Wolves approach, but Wolves shouldn't have been full fledged faggots and destroyed everything. They should have just gone to arrest Magnus.

I'll be too busy doing our other thing; shelling people.

I like that they have two wounds. My only experience with chaos terminators was 8 with lightning claws and 2 with heavy flamers. It was a 1000 point game so they ate up much of my army composition but they provided marine killing power so far i have never been able to replicate in chaos whilst forcing my opponent to fall back and concentrate very large amounts of ranged fire on them.
So far the only thing i am sad about is Miasma of Pestilence cannot target them as they cannot be Death Guard. Can you imagine how tanky they would be?

Why would escape pod exist for ground vehicles? Just walk out the door.

Stop being logical on Veeky Forums

Does it work out well, anons? I was thinking of doing this for a while but decided against it because I was unsure of the whole thing.

DG can't have Terminators? Wasn't have tons of them one of their defining traits back during the GC and HH?

So is "Cawl used traitor geneseed to make Primaris" canon or not?

>the fluff outright states that Dorn sent his legion into the iron cage with the intent of grinding it down so he could passive-aggressively rebel against the codex astartes
>fluff explicitly states that the IF we're giving as good as they got despite being the attackers
>waaaaaaaaaah s-stop it!

What is this delusion. Furthermore what is this rage?

>Be prosperan spire guard
> buisness as usual, funny the entire legion came home though
>No word from the orbital relays in weeks, probably nothing
>See imperial dropships descend
>Hurr better open fire
>.
>.
>.
>wow why are you killing us

Less of for ground vehicles and more for getting off the planet in case of things going bad.

I'm still waiting for Celestine and Greyfax as Sailor Moon and Sailor Jupiter.

yes they are good
you'll never get to use them aside from the yearly apocalypse game in your flg though
and if you get 2nd turn prepare for it to get DELET turn 1 by the 5 shadowswords on the opposing side

GW is about to release some fancy death guard exclusive terminators designed to represent the different way DG use terminators to other people. So DG ARE meant to use tons of terminators, just they are meant to use a kind that don't exist yet.

That's basic procedure for every country in the world if you don't have clearance for landing and appear out of nowhere without saying anything

>I never heard of this in modern jets before.

user, please....

how is that not an argument against Dorn.

"whats this no more legion, better kill off my sons"

put up some cash and maybe you'll get some art

That makes sense. Probably means we'll also get Red Butchers and some kind of Phoenix Guard in the future.

That was after the entire planet got basically Exterminatus'd, with the only reason that the capital wasn't flattened being the Psychic shields the TS used.

You'd open fire too.