EDH/Commander General /edhg/

"Misery" Edition

Previous: RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

Thread Question:
How have you brought sorrow and ruin to your table this week?

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/4f4gz
discord.gg/kYSF4g
ebay.com/itm/Custom-Yugioh-CARDFIGHT-VANGUARD-MTG-WOW-Playmat-Gift-of-Orzhova-604-/292127816389?hash=item44042cbac5:g:XVcAAOSwfZ1WYKwq
discord.gg/UE9Vqzu
edhrec.com/commanders/gw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for waifus

Second for MLD

third for m'lady

First for waifus
Second for MLD
>third for waifu that runs MLD

I'm thinking of building a Boros token deck on that note, are there any secret tech I could use with that color and type of deck? and while looking for the cards to use to build it, it obviously came to my mind that the stigma of this kind of deck are the boardwipe cards like Wrath of God
Are there any W/R card that can be used to counter that, or at least can work as a deterrent?

go big or go home

Try Leave to Chance. It looks good and could turn lands into real cards when you need it.

Assemble the Legion. It's a boros card that makes tokens and is between "Resillent against wipes" and "Wants you to wipe

How do i break this in boros?

Im thinking assemble the legion into this.

Omen Machine is great in boros, locks out enemy card draw and nets you free shit.

My only big MLD spell is pic related, anything bigger comes too late to really stop the damage ramp does.

Yesterday I combo'd off at my LGS after the table let me have Razaketh on the board for a whole turn.
"I should have killed you when I had the chance"
The salt sustains me.

What is this new meme

It's basically a Smokestack at one that turns off drawing cards.

You want a way to cheat it in before 8 mana (Welder?) and any of the red "Exile the top and use it now if you can" CA, like Chandra Pyromaster and/or Torch of defiance to keep playing under the oppression.

Haha, OP, you seemed to have forgotten the Discord info. Here it is:

Veeky Forums EDH General Discord
discord.gg/4f4gz

Don't beat yourself up about it though. Just try to be less forgetful next time.

I think that link's expired, try this one:

discord.gg/kYSF4g

Well, drunk phyrexian obliterator user reporting in. I put it in my monoblack drana deck, then gave it a tweak with a discard/reanimator subtheme. Anyways:

>manage to stick obliterator, group looks at me stunned and laughs because it's pretty late game
>Reanimate abhorant overlord with whip of erebos out and make a million lifelink harpies
>Next turn I sell out and swing at fucking Tim and his memnarch deck, taking him out of the game, but not before he could pongify my obliterator
>The guy running uril points out that I have no blockers and he can kill me with commander damage
>Proceeds to swing at me, I activate whip and bring back phyrexian obliterator to block his 23/23 double strike trample lifelink Uril
>My buddy playing brago erases Urils rancor, making him lose trample
>Immediately scoops muttering about bullshit this and obliterator that
>brago blows me out of the water with a mass polymorph into blightsteel, Jin Jan Augur Man and Iona

Brago seems like my kinda guy.

I refused to concede to hard lock, dude just durdled for an hour with his deck most of the time was consumed by me looking at my hand thoughtfully. even tho we both knew it was a hard lock

>poor man's All Is Dust

That link is never expired.

(However if it does not work for any discordfag, they should check your link out too)

i'm so glad i nabbed my all is dust before the modern cucks started jerking over it

>basandra, battle seraph has an official playmat
Oh baby.

>How have you brought sorrow and ruin to your table this week?
I haven't yet. Hopefully I will be able to tomorrow, with Karn.

After that I will be building some kind of green-based Stax. Likely around Seton.

>8 mana artifact
>boros
You don't

Congrats, you've saved like 7 bucks

it'll be 100 dollars and banned in EDH within 1 year. screencap this

That card looks fun with Chronatog.

>all is dust before the modern cucks started jerking over it
>check tcgplayer
>20-25 bucks each

I think you should reread whip

>7 bucks
Try 20

Whip can only be activated at sorcery speed

I seriously hope that user wins though, because "machinegun Sidisi" Razaketh is busted as shit.

16 euros on MKM, used to be like 8-9 before.

What part should he reread?

That card doesn't work how you think it works, broski

>Seton stax

The what now?

Indeed. I think I've got to make some baked goods for Uril to apologize. Probably apple pie, it always seemed like a good apology pie.

euros on MKM, used to be like 8-9 before.

i got it for 6 euros so its a fairly sizeable price increase

Wow, I had completely forgotten that.

The part where you can only use it at sorcery speed

Am I just bad or does he seem fucking absurd in something like Meren being a sac outlet, a tutor, and an 8/8 flying trample? Or is the idea that by the time you have 8 exp. counters and Raza you've essentially already won and anything you tutor up would just be overkill?

>Congrats, you've saved like 7 bucks

Not that guy, but I bought one when they were down to about $6. Wish I'd bought more, since I have several mostly colorless decks, but I had bought it at my FLGS rather than ordering it, so I only got the one.

Tron is really good right now.

Death to all Modern players

no he's definitely fucking insane in meren, what youre missing is that you dont need 8 exp counters, you just use a normal reanimation spell on him early on and then he gets you as many exp counters as you need as well as tutoring everything you could ever want

In optimal Meren most creatures are already their own sac outlets anyway, see Spore Frog, Steve etc.
>or does he seem fucking absurd in something like Meren
What isn't absurd with Meren?

>stamping an ugly and out-of-place brand logo over one of Magic's best and most celebrated illustrations

Ugh. I mean, good for you, man, it still looks great, but I'd rather just get it as a custom mat and pay Terese directly. I hate stuff like Invitational mats for the same reason.

Well, my plan is to use Seton's ability to make mana, eventually going infinite off a big dork like Priest of Titania and dumping a billion into Kamahl's ability, while fucking everyone else over with stuff like Hall of Gemstone, Mana Web and Storm Cauldron.

I have no idea if it'll be good, but I think it'll be fun and my group has yet to experience stax misery.

>tfw bought all of Affinity for less than $200 around when Modern began
>Had to spend about $12 dollars total on it keeping it up to date throughout the years

Automation is the future.

razaketh will be decent for just about any deck that can cheat him out, but even then he's mostly just a more timmy version of rune-scarred demon, which is already a timmyesque card

he will never be good on the command zone

>Had an official Godless Shrine mat with the logos
>Replaced it with a custom Gift of Orzhova mat

There's no going back.

Grishoalbrand is the only fun Modern deck

I love that card in foil. I run it in Zurgo and know it's subpar, but it's gorgeous

to be honest i would too

shit card, amazing art

Why is Terese Nielsen so best?

goblin welder nigger

I'm not sure how the copyrights work with them. WOTC might own it or Terese might.

And I'm too much of a spergburger to ask "Can I pay you to get a good, high resolution image of Basandra in dimensions 3675 by 2175 so I can have a 3rd party playmat maker (inked gaming) print it and dodge watermarks?"
At which point, even if I do get it, I'll have to get confirmation from her to send to Inked Gaming that it's OK to print it, because I tried to get official art printed on them before and got shot down. I'll just accept the watermarks like a bitch.

>Normal price is $0.18
>A foil is around $5-$6
Got a lot of art connoisseurs, I see.

I bought a foil out of the foil chaff box at my locals during Gatecrash draft season for 50 cents. I do wish the art had been on something more playable, but I at least won several drafts thanks to putting Gift on Wojek Halberdiers turn 3.

How much does it cost now?

I'm trying to decide between Legacy Lands (I like the deck but it would cost almost $2k) or some power for Vintage and can't decide which format is dying faster. I used to play Miracles in Legacy and after Top was banned I'm either switching to Lands or just quitting the format if wotc wants to treat it like Modern.

So you went through all the pain to safely Goblin Welder it into play, in colors that suck the most for keeping steady card advantage with a card that rewards it, for a free sac outlet for the opposing Meren player?

You have to make two decks; a tri-colored for one and the remaining two colors for the other. What do you make?
Anafenza and Jori En.

I bought mine from this listing
ebay.com/itm/Custom-Yugioh-CARDFIGHT-VANGUARD-MTG-WOW-Playmat-Gift-of-Orzhova-604-/292127816389?hash=item44042cbac5:g:XVcAAOSwfZ1WYKwq

Maybe a bit pricey for a mat, but it's got this sheen to it that looks amazing on the wings.

Right now, Affinity is somewhere around $700 to $800. Depends mostly on if you run Spire of Invention or Glimmervoid.

No, I'm telling you that you're a retard for suggesting that the ">8 mana" could be an actual talking point, nigger.

Anyone familiar with Animar? Building him now and going for the primal surge build. This is for a casualish EDH group.

I feel like the deck should be super soft to boardwipes. Am I just trying to go super value early on with land ramp and cantrips? Should I be running boots or grieves? are rocks even useful considering animar is RUG? Any sleeper creatures I could pick up for the deck?

>the primal surge build
Why? Surge doesn't give you the cast trigger

So i just whiff on eldrazi triggers? Doesnt seem too bad since the deck functions without surge.

>I feel like the deck should be super soft to boardwipes.

Green is second best at recursion.
Play a bunch of stuff like Greenwarden, Eternal Witness, Genesis, Nissa Vital Force, Tilling Treefolk, etc.

Goblin Welder is 1 card in 99 that are fucking shit for draw and have three, maybe four tutors in total for him at absolute best, you fucking dunce. Most games it'll be sitting in your hand dropping your shitty rocks until turn 6 while every green player has like 20 token dorks out already

The idea is that when you resolve Primal Surge, you win regardless of Animar.

>So i just whiff on eldrazi triggers?
Yes.

Breathe user, just admit you were wrong and move on.

It does look like an awesome meme but it's still a combo deck and doesn't it get old and linear? I used to play UR Storm when Modern was really young but it was still questionable and no Modern combo deck (even though there are many) seems like it has the depth of ANT or TES in Legacy or any storm deck in Vintage.

And you idiots wonder why you still consider Boros useless, when you attempt to play such dreck as Possessed Portal in the colors. Might as well try building Boros Vedalken Shackles, after all you can tutor for them with Enlightened Tutor and maybe you'll also draw Quicksilver fountain in 50 turns.

I just love cheating huge shit into play. My Legacy deck is Sneak n Breach.

Throwing lands at people for the win is just Johnny gravy.

Veeky Forums EDH General Discord
discord.gg/UE9Vqzu

My playgroup is entertaining the idea of going all out and building noholdsbarred 100% decks. I was thinking Alesha.

>$1000 later: I'm bored

That's quite a nice investment you made then. I know it went from being a budget deck to being an undisputed top tier deck recently.

So do you guys that use this talk to each other with voip?

Voice channel is usually not used. It's used to continue discussion when it stagnates here, to get quicker and more detailed responses for deck advice, and arranging games on xmage or cockatrice or mtgo.

Threadly reminder that discordfags flap their mouth alot with nothing to show for it.

Tabletop sim is the best format for EDH

Playtest your decks hundreds of times to refine them and then determine if you want to buy the cards for real

The reason we were thinking about it is that we have a lot of the expensive bullshit already, we just don't use it for the sake of maintaining the "75%" meta.

how does that compare to XMage?

How do i build a manabase for a 4 color (sans blue) landfall deck?
Any tips?
Is it possible to build it on a budget?

For not liking discord so much you sure talk about it a lot. Don't know what would possess one to brag about anxiously babysitting a thread all day to make sure someone doesn't post a link you don't like.

Blue is the second best landfall color though, so you're missing out

Probably already knew about him, but here's a friend for your deck.

>it went from being a budget deck to being an undisputed top tier deck recently

It's almost always been a top tier deck. What ended up happening was that it was an affordable deck until half of the key pieces got reprinted in Modern Masters. You might think that'd lower the price, but everyone who got one Arcbound Ravager suddenly wanted to buy 3 more and the increase in supply did not match the increase in demand by half.

better visuals, better customization, bigger games, less activity (?)

What commander would be best suited for G/W lifegain?

>Blue is the second best landfall color though
Besides kamigawa, what's there in lands for blue?

>What commander would be best suited for G/W lifegain?

edhrec.com/commanders/gw

Trostani

Tolarian Academy

:^)

I play 4-player EDH by myself. Is that sorrowful enough.

Both links are expired, you discordfags can't even shill your shit properly.

>anxiously babysitting a thread all day

read the second link, dumbass.

Anyone ever use this card? Just ordered one for my Jarad deck