Paizo Games General /pgg/ (also /pfg/)

Paizo Games General /pgg/ (also /pfg/)

What do your characters eat regularly? Do you remember to have your high-Str/Dex/Con characters eat a healthy diet?

/pfg/ Link Repository (Pathfinder): pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
/sfg/ Link Repository (Starfinder): pastebin.com/3GfJKi0y
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/s/sacramental-seal/
hydra-media.cursecdn.com/dota2.gamepedia.com/3/31/Ss_ability_static_04.mp3
hydra-media.cursecdn.com/dota2.gamepedia.com/e/ee/Stormspirit_levelup_06.mp3
hydra-media.cursecdn.com/dota2.gamepedia.com/4/47/Stormspirit_firstblood_01.mp3
hydra-media.cursecdn.com/dota2.gamepedia.com/e/eb/Ss_lose_04.mp3
d20pfsrd.com/races/3rd-party-races/alluria-publishing/numistian/
paizo.com/threads/rzs2ugtb?RGG-Announces-the-Starfarers-Companion
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

When looking at the favored class for half-elves it says "Oracle: Select one revelation normally usable a number of times per day equal to 3 + the oracle’s Charisma modifier. Add 1/2 to the number of uses per day of that revelation."

What does this mean?

Also what's the best class to play a debuff based necromancer?

how come even an extremely optimized, borderline cheated blaster cannot win in a damage race against a martial that has a couple attacks and pounce

It means that you get an extra use for every second level where you take that FCB

Wizard

Tell us the tale of foxtits. She sounds like my current character.

Holy shit, when did they put the Ma Fu Ba in Pathfinder?
d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/s/sacramental-seal/

If you have a revelation that says something along the lines of "the oracle can use this ability 3 + the oracle's CHA mod number of times per day", you can take that favored class bonus to increase the number of times you can use it beyond that limit. But the boost only applies to that one revelation, not any others you have with the same limit of uses, although you could take the favored class bonus separate times for different qualifying revelations.

Also the 1/2 part is just a fancy way of saying it only gives you an extra use once every two times you take it.

How many levels do you have to go into for that to actually be effective though?

>what do your characters eat regularly?

>Dhampir Inquisitor: hates eating, and drinking, and fun
>Tiefling Slayer|Mystic: likes fish, will eat just about anything in a pinch
>Gnome Spiritualist: sweet tooth

1/2x2=1

What I mean is it worth it compared to the the extra HP/SP or other favored class ability to get more spells?

Especially since the Oracle gets so few on their list

Effective as in actually does something? Two.

Effective as in actually useful? Depends on the revelation you're applying it to I guess, and how many times you use it during a day. But you're an Oracle. CHA is your most important stat. Chances are, you won't need to use that revelation more than 3+CHA mod times per day anyway.

I would probably rank it as worth less than an extra HP or skill rank, and definitely worth less than the ability to get extra spells known.

Why the hell would you ever use this spell?

What's the purpose?

Because in blasting is suboptimal and pouncing is hyperoptimal.

I mean honestly, you are a mighty wizard with the ability to turn men to stone and control the fucking weather and you want to waste that power on pewpew-ing some guy?

one of my friends is in a game where the longest running villan can mindswap with her familiar if she's killed, and constantly steals bodies for her own ends. sometimes, you just don't have a way of killing the boss.

Plus, it's stylish as fuck.

>I mean honestly, you are a mighty wizard with the ability to turn men to stone and control the fucking weather and you want to waste that power on pewpew-ing some guy?
But what if I want to yell POWER OVERWHELMING while magic runes swirl around, highlighting an area in front of me the size of a football field as the day turns dark and clouds slowly part to reveal a giant meteor approaching?
What if I want to scream METEOR at the top of my lungs as everything in my sight is utterly destroyed?

>Looking over the Rougarou
>Race Points unknown

Anyone know if their RP is covered in the Bestiary? I need to know how much they've got so I can fiddle with them.

RP is a shit system anyway.

Fiddle away.

Its not listd, however I would put it as definitely below a Skinwalker considering how shit and barely a race it is

i find it kinda funny that a high level wizard can create life spontaneously, magically conjure entire planes of being, control time itself, etc. but can't just blow up a castle.
like, how the fuck are you a cosmic-tier hypermage with impossible power but your best bet for destroying a castle is to, like, turn it's foundations into mud or summon something to do it for you
why can't you just cast superexplosion and wipe it off the face of the earth
you've got spells stronger than that already anyways
is it because a spell that says "do a shitload of damage that ignores hardness less than 20" is clearly OP unlike a spell with some vague juju text like "create a portal to another plane"

You may have to resort to actually checking out the race builder and attempting to reverse engineer them. Frustratingly, Paizo doesn't just include the RP value of new races with their stats.

Trying to tune them up for Godslayers, perhaps?

So if my AC is 23 at level 1 will my GM hate me or what?

Yes.

Damage is much easier to see how powerful it is, but with vague shit and utility shit, it's much easier for its usefulness to be obfuscated behind layers of 'depends on the game' and 'it's situational'

Because levels 15-20 actually exist even if you personally never play them

What's my best option for a PoW Not!Gunslinger?
Desperado Warlord?
I'm not sure if Warlord is the right choice for me, as I'm interested in more of a sniper-y utility Tempest Gale approach.

>That spoiler

Yes! I've got a concept I'm really enjoying, but before I hammer out the classes I want to know just what classes would be ideal - I know I know, Mythic and level 20 means almost every single one is viable, but I'd like to optimize a bit.

Your best bet is actually gunsmoke mystic. It fixes a lot of the problems guns have (Crafting bullets chief among them), Elemental Flux works with ranged attacks (as well as generally being the best discipline due to being four in one for some ungodly reason), has the ability to enchant its own gear, and stuff like that.

I was thinking about that, but the Mystic's approach to maneuvers is a bit offputting for me.
I'll think on it, though. Thanks for the input.

it might seem a bit intimidating to start with, but having a mystic before, it's actually pretty easy to control and have access to a maneuver that, while not always exactly what you wanted, is always useful every turn, and they have the most maneuvers of any initiating class not named Stalker.

That's great to hear! I'm basically in the inverse situation. I knew what build I wanted to play as soon as I saw the chargen and a little bit of research after that has already hammered out a lot of specific details like archetype, race, and class feature choices. I'm still unsure what I want to do as far as a character concept goes, though. It'll take me some time to settle on anything, I think.

What kind of person does pic related strike you as? It's the art I'm most inclined to use right now, and he strikes me as a jolly and bold sort who has a fondness for flashy magic and performances. Probably likes kids, so I'm sort of imagining him as, like... Electric Santa Claus.

>What kind of person does pic related strike you as?
i think he's an unkillable piece of shit that destroys me whenever he's on the enemy team but does nothing when he's on my team

also i remember when he was a fat dope, before he underwent magical liposuction

i enjoy his center-of-attention personality. he's got some of the most fun dialogue in the game.

Pretty much this. Happy, jovial, loves to share the gift of his fist

I really like the idea of an Incanter with Sword Birth, but how do I actually utilize it?
There's no way in hell a half-BAB class is gonna hit something in melee.
Is there some way to get casting-stat-to-hit-and-damage with Incanter?

Damn, I just knew looking at this piece of art that he had to be from some game or another. League of Legends, I'm guessing?

Also apparently my impression was not that far off from the real character's personality. Well, I guess that just means this art is really full of personality, to be able to so clearly express it!

Glad to hear other people get the same vibe. Even if I don't go full on Electric Santa with toys and everything (and I probably won't, although maybe he'll have a soft spot for kids), he'll certainly be a very jolly fellow! I thought about making him use unarmed strikes but I don't think that's going to happen. It would be a very poor fit for the build I had in mind.

Oh, that's because that's a 3.5 spell.

Rockburst: One stone object of at least 8 cubic feet explodes. At least. Unbounded.[/spolier]

Foxtits was a busty kitsune sorceress with a maximum Charisma build and two Charisma-based classes for their gestalt for JttW. Essentially a /pfg/ meme in the making that actually got in.

>Sword Birth,
which is that from? Is it from the Creation handbook that is still in playtest?

>I just knew looking at this piece of art that he had to be from some game or another.
I happen to be an expert on this topic.
Storm Spirit used to be a total doofus back in the day.
He fixed up when his brothers Ember Spirit and Earth Spirit decided to join in.
A few choice quotes from Storm Spirit include:

hydra-media.cursecdn.com/dota2.gamepedia.com/3/31/Ss_ability_static_04.mp3

hydra-media.cursecdn.com/dota2.gamepedia.com/e/ee/Stormspirit_levelup_06.mp3

hydra-media.cursecdn.com/dota2.gamepedia.com/4/47/Stormspirit_firstblood_01.mp3

And then there's, uh...
This rare defeat voice line:
hydra-media.cursecdn.com/dota2.gamepedia.com/e/eb/Ss_lose_04.mp3

My favorite character in the game by far. Love 'im.

Yep.
My GM allowed that handbook, and now I'm stuck figuring out what I want.
Armorist is... eugh. Even archetyped.
Incanter with Sword Birth is cool, but there's no way I'm hitting anything, ever.
So... Just kinda floundering, right now. Trying to find something that'll work.

Bite is 1 RP, Scent is 4 RP, Low-Light Vision is 1 RP, and Beast Shape I is 3 RP.

In total, you're looking at 9 RP and can use 6 RP to make up the difference.

Isn't the draw of taking Sword Birth on an Incanter first to damage enemies with th initial burst, then have allies just grab weapons to fight with?

Seems to me what you wanna do is grab a Familiar, or some way to treat an ally as You for the purpose of your spells, have the spell get dropped by around them, then take Dancing Arena and turn the place into a bloodbath.

Or perhaps you could use other features or spells to combo with it. Like Metal Geomancing or Creation off of the swords, Telekinesis to attack with, Enhancement to animate the weapons themselves (or Enhancement to improve your BAB or whatever)

Basically, what your Armory is for is not for you, but for other people to benefit and to possible create some control/area denial. After you get some good spheres to go with it.

Basically, what Im saying is find talents in other spheres that can affect weapons or metal objects in general, or maybe even can have interesting AoE effects, and combo it all like a proper wizard would. Take advantage of the Difficult Terrain, maybe give your allies the ability to fly or something, and control the field like the Wizard you are.

"Intelligent items can actually be considered creatures because they have Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma scores and should be treated as constructs."

What are the implications of this? Do intelligent items gain racial HD? Can they take a feat?

Well, for starters I suppose it means you could upgrade them like you could any other construct.

Depends on the item in question, and how it gets its intelligence. If it was created via a Class feature, then it should have its own progression and rules. If its a general stand-alone item, then it would either be improved as a construct would, or it could potentially take levels, but this is all up to a GM to decide how he wants to do.

>Take upgrade to turn construct into a suit of armor.
>Magic sword is now power-armor for a fairy

>Make it a suit of barding for a horse and give it Paladin levels so it gets a mount to "ride" from Divine Bond

You'll probably need a Giant Greatsword to do that though

As long as your AC doesn't go above 30 before like, level 7 or 8 your GM shouldn't hate you too much.

>The Horse is actually the Paladin, the Sword-mech is actually a Dragoon Fighter
>yfw the mech shifts to sword form and uses its mounted jump ability

holy fuck user

>mfw realizing that, I'd probably hit about 30 AC minimum at level 7-8
>mfw I would be doing this naked, without any AC-boosting items

Monk?

>rebounding leap
>the sword flies right back on the saddle and shifts back to mech form midair, just as the paladin runs over the enemy

Prescient Dodger on a Stalker

Well then congrats, your GM is going to be building encounters specifically to get around you for the next few levels.

I feel the same way. Prescient Dodger on a BRUTAL SLAYER with access to size-increasing magic. My reflex saves and AC get BETTER as I get BIGGER, 2swole

>mfw you come to the realization there's one class that clicks perfectly with your Godslayers character, both mechanically and conceptually
>mfw it's the Warder (OD/ZS)

Fuck.

Doubtful, even with your dubs

Ever think about VMCing Barbarian?
Cause I am. And i think i like it.

My party's gonna find out I'm evil soon. I hope they don't kill me.

Have you given them good reason to?

If I had the feats for it I would.

Quickly acquire a Helm of Alignment Changing and put it on to avert the crisis! Plus, I'm sure it'll be interesting to play out how it affects your character's choices!

Nice mine is max cha too. Glad to see my extremely weeb design is an existing meme.

no, I've helped them to the best of my ability (as far as they know) but we are heading back to the country I come from now and I need to get back a priceless relic that was stolen from me and I'm prolly just going to devastate towns until they give it to me.

>Mfw 72 AC at level 20 spell-less

>When your intelligent item starts taking class levels

Half of our party is Evil. We mercilessly bully the Good ones into submission.

Ever made a race, worked on their society, then realized if you were to ever put it somewhere, it'd seem fetishy/racist/other negative stereotype as fuck?

>tfw when you will never find a DM that will let you play this

Alternative reply:

This sounds like the start of the high-fantasy version of a robot uprising, except even worse.

Yeah, and that's when I REALLY hammer them into the setting. Tell us about your little racist freakazoids, user!

Going to be playing a Pathfinder campaign where the entire party is a group of a assassin that's specializes in infiltrating high society. Planning playing a the slayer archetypes velvet blade. Never played a character like this before so I need some advice on the build. Starting level 5 and all first party content is allowed.

d20pfsrd.com/races/3rd-party-races/alluria-publishing/numistian/

Chocolate amazoness elves with a genetic predisposition for being subs in bondage.
I regret absolutely nothing.

Mein Neger

I'm currently working on a smol catpeople race.

They will inevitably be compared to catfolk and people will ask me why I didn't just use catfolk.

Not helped by me giving them the Catfolk subtype so they can use those catfolk options, and not being able to think of a different statblock that fits cats besides the one catfolk have.

>We mercilessly bully the Good ones into submission

How extreme is your bullying?

>Chocolate amazoness elves with a genetic predisposition for being subs in bondage.
I would like to subscribe to your newsletter. Please tell me more.

So far it's pretty subtle, but I'm optimistic that they'll be marginalized or enslaved eventually. Just a matter of time.

Don't bully the Good ones! Being some asshole's slave isn't fun!

Just when you thought you were safe,

That you had finally found freedom,

This will be coming out: paizo.com/threads/rzs2ugtb?RGG-Announces-the-Starfarers-Companion

Looks like they're trying to bring all the brokenness back into Starfinder

WWW Recap: The Great Train Robbery

>Everyone goes to the train's bar. Euralye the magician is there too
>Magwau begins playing around with his new psicrystal. He quickly realizes the potential for extreme-angle views of a particular variety. The magician kinda plays into this.
>Mary has a cake and milk. She now is in love...with the cake. It was delicious.
>Before any further spaghetti gets spilled, two interruptions come around: A train robber and a zombie. Jenny kills robber, everyone else murderizes the zombie but not before it messes up Euralye a good deal.
>Everyone agrees to deal with the zombies first. After all, the robbers didn't seem to be intent on murdering things. Magwau promises to explain the whole elf thing once this is over (He's been disguised in every other case)
>cue WildWestZombieKilling.webm Some of the zombies even get guns!
>They even manage to save some folks.

Next up: More Zombicide!

Okay, are the players actually okay with that?
Or are you just using the threat of PvP or being shut out of the campaign to keep them quiet while you act like an asshole?

What if their Domitor is cute?

Rad.

To give you the skinny of it, they were the rulers of their native island chain for a few hundred years, venturing out and claiming men from neighboring strips of dirt in their local peninsula
One day, a proper empire shows up, and they've got fucking wizards. Needless to say, it's only a few weeks of resistance before all the water supplies are tainted with mind altering drugs and there are chocoelbes being mindbroken for breeding stock and domestic servitude.
Public humiliation is common, including stocks on the keep grounds kept occupied with new cuties or any resistance members that have been caught, whereas what the lords do in their private chambers varies too widely to describe.

While WE act like assholes. Critical distinction. It's very democratic.

>Dhampir Inquisitor
>Tiefling Slayer//Mystic
user you're cute and I like that you're not afraid to be edgy

>Wizard but no sorcerer
>Ranger rather than a class that actually gets full animal companion progression like Hunter
>Do they go back on what they said and are completely limiting Spells to 6th level?
>No kobolds in the race list
Man, what the fuck. At least Tieflings will have a conversion. I'm still gonna end up picking this book up when it comes, if only for the fullcaster conversions and the race that sounds like it's built to be a robot.

Wow, you dodged the question. Much wit. So cool. Wow.

Seriously, have you got the okay from them OOC for this bullshit? Are they okay with bending their morals IC, even if their characters aren't? Because it sounds like you're in the sort of campaign where anyone who disagrees with you gets shouted down or told "IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT JUST LEAVE."

So Samsaran Amnesiac Psychic is the best race and class combination in the game, right? List-wide spontaneity plus the spells off others' lists that you'd like?

If they're the kind of hardsub idiots that want that, sure.
But since you're the sort of fucker who uses "Domitor" in a sentence, you're clearly the sort of person who expects everyone to exclusively think in terms of "Dom" and "sub."

How cute are we talking here?

>no skinwalkers
>not a single hint of any occult stuff

Well thank fuck it's a THIRD PARTY PRODUCT and technically not allowed in PFS, so at LEAST WE HAVE THAT going for us

I'd say it's on the same level as a Shaman going hard-in on Lore spirit w/ Arcane Enlightenment.

That's... user, I don't think you get the idea of "genetically predisposed". When you have to feed them drugs and do your best to mind break them, that's just plain ol' slavery.

Genetically predisposed would be them just really fucking loving subbing and being dommed.

It was actually kind of fun being the "straight man" all the memelords in the party bounced off of.

>Genetically predisposed would be them just really fucking loving subbing and being dommed.

Would Winter Wolves be a better example of a race genetically predisposed to being subbed? While we've always figured they were quite feisty and aggressive when it came to the bedroom, I assume a woman like Greta would enjoy a strong man forcing her to submit.

Sadly I do not know much about winter wolves.

Hey hey! We haven't done a greentext for awhile, so I think its time to update you

So, when we last left your heroes, they had taken out a orc shaman dude and then been told to hit the deck with the cry of MINIGUN

>They did so, fought their way up a hill rock to rock by cover, and caught up to Abraham, disabling his gun, and fighting off his mercs (An elven berzerker and a slippery snake-ish mage girl), the mage survived, and spilled all she knew, but Abraham didn't have their stuff, it must ahve been taken east, on advice, they decide to take the GRAND EXPRESS EAST

>Before doing so, they close up business in town, talking to people, collecting rewards, leaving the minigun behind to defend the town

>They also visit the scholar again, and as they look into the mouth of the world once more, its as if something is trying to devour them

>Arthur, fascinated by this occurrence, declares he's coming east with them, his workship is in Perdia anyways, their destination, and he needs to consult his library

>They set off on gifted horses (and Mary is gifted Marcie, the bartender and now sheriff's hat), and head off to the town of Asti Arentum, a stop of the Grand Express

>In town, they take a few days to stock up and craft, Magwau encounters a particular figure, Euralye, an illusionist and stage performer. He spills his spaghetti. Everywhere

>They bust up a back alley fight over gambling, and the next day, its onto the train!

cont...

It's been happening for the past 3 generations.
It's a part of them now.

>pic

That looks like it would be extremely painful.

They've got a cultural write-up in Book 2 of Reign of Winter.