Previously:>Konor Campaign: Chaos STILL BTFO edition
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>Check your local store's contribution
warhammer40000.com/fate-konor-galaxy-flames/

>New Duncans
youtube.com/watch?v=fCybi5r71RE&t

youtube.com/watch?v=Lc9aMBc9Lxg&t

>GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf(and epub), SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>novels here
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>Other megas
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA (no 8e stuff here)

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing Abaddon's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1va1vbGqwyg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Whats the most FUN out of the recent tactics released? Going to be playing the same two drunk assholes every weekend I need to have a good time. Winning is cool but I need fun first

Almost done with my Harlequins list, just need some advice for finishing touches:

1 Troupe Master - Embrace, Fusion - 73
1 Solitaire - 117
2 Death Jester - 150
8 Harlequins - Embrace, Fusion - 232
8 Harlequins - Embrace, Fusion - 232
6 Skyweavers - Zephyrglaive - 264
1 Starweaver - 99
EMBARKED
1 Shadowseer - 134
5 Harlequins - Fusion - 120
1 Starweaver - 99
EMBARKED
1 Shadowseer - 134
5 Harlequins - Fusion - 120

This comes to 1774 points. Do I throw in 7 more kitted out clowns, or do I throw in another Starweaver with 5 Harlies and fusion pistols? Either way I'm gonna have ~10 points leftover.

for the 7th to 8th edition buttblasted:

youtube.com/watch?v=1va1vbGqwyg

I fucking love this video.

Looking for a pdf of the 3rd ed rulebook, is there one?

what AM units have synergy with GSC/Tyranid units, aside from long range firepower via tanks or something?

Still slightly sad I can't get GSC Chimeras (or even anAM Stormlord) and load it full of hormagaunts.

Sentinels for cheap and durable chaff to tar pit stuff and banewolf+variants for close range support.

Chaos get your shit together! We didint jump all the way to this back water to watch you fuck up!

Get out of here funny clown elves. Make way for the true masters of the webway!

I want to start a new army for 8th.

I've been playing Eldar until now. The problems I have with Eldar are the following;

1) Limited Conversion Options
2) Overly "clean" making them very hard to paint. One small mistake ruins the look of the model.
3) Related to #2, but its hard to pull things like drybrushing, or washing or "quick painting" techniques on Eldar models well. Doing so makes them look ugly as fuck.

Is there any army that you guys can recommend that can scratch my itch?

>"and then, right as im flaying the children, the mother walks in. You shoulda seen the look on her face!"

don't GSC already have access to tarpit units through tyranids with carnifexes, spore mines, and rippers?

Genestealer Cults

Nurgle

CSM or Orks. You can pretty much do fucking everything conversion-wise on them and it'll fly, they're very detailed while still having some flat spots, and those details shine a lot more with techniques like drybrushing and washes.

It looks like Intercessor and Hellblaster squads are intended to be five strong instead of ten.

I’ve always wanted to do a Ordo Hereticus Inquisition army after first seeing pic related but I’m not sure what models to get exactly. So far I’ve got Greyfax and two squads of Tempestus Scions to use as inq stormtroopers. I was thinking rhinos for transport but I have no idea what else I would need. I only really want a small force of about 1k points or so.

use chimeras instead of rhinos
also get a hellhound or two because fire

CSM, specifically Nurgle if you want to try converting models with green stuff and you can really have lots of fun painting things dirty. I got back into 40k a year ago because of Nurgle conversions.

I have been advised that Exorcists are shit, so I tweaked this list a little. Any other feedback?

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Adepta Sororitas) ++
Celestine: Celestine, 2x Geminae Superia
Canoness: Bolt pistol, Power sword
Battle Sister Squad (9): 2x Flamer, Combi-flamer, Power maul
Battle Sister Squad (9): 2x Flamer, Combi-flamer, Power maul
Battle Sister Squad (10): 3x Storm bolter
Dominion Squad (5): 4x Meltagun, Combi-melta
Dominion Squad (5): 4x Meltagun, Combi-melta
Seraphim Squad (10): 2x Twin inferno pistols, Plasma pistol, Power sword
Repressor: Hunter-killer missile
Repressor: Hunter-killer missile
Rhino
Rhino

++ Vanguard Detachment +1CP (Imperium) ++
Greyfax
Vindicare Assassin
Vigilators (5)
Vigilators (5)
Null-Maiden Rhino
Lightning Strike Fighter

++ Total: [114 PL, 2000pts] ++

>tfw you will never paint minis this well

feels bad, man

I'm looking to start a CSM army and can't decide between Iron Warriors and Black Legion.

IW are easier to paint and I feel I can get away with less chaos spikes and frills on the tanks.

BL however have Abaddon and I like the idea of playing the poster boy force, plus it's more thematic for them to be old school composition with a squad of Plague marines etc mixed in.

Thoughts?
>inb4 NPC
Nobody in my gaming group plays chaos so I'm just branching out for the sake of diversity, plus codex soon.

im gonna use the 3man squad from the easybuild kit to make people mad.

>plus codex soon.
Wait for the codex. Between then and mow go read the fluff.

Legal as long you as spend the 40 points for the two guys you're not fielding.

Wouldn't make me mad though.

So I've got to askthis. But how does this make everyone feel?

I figure a crap ton of people will be happy to hear this has happened to CUNTO SICARIOUS

>tfw patiently waiting for daemon Angron model so I can make my Khorne army one day

I have a 3rd ed book I can look at for you.

The new marine codex allows them to go up to ten, however.

Corrupted traitor UM please.

You could just start it now and only ha e Angron to paint when he comes out.

>he doesn't spend 1cp to field understrength units and pay only the points for the fielded units

He's already back out in Dark Imperium, its just more book fodder for later user.

Chaos Sicarious. We couldn't keep him because he was technically a manlet. BANISH HIM TO THE WARP!

what strategem/formation/rule is that?

Does anyone know where I can find the rule that states that the codex overrules the rulebook? I know it's common sense that it does but I know some retards that say certain things don't.

Baneblade in stock when

quit your bitching and practice

>not having an Angron for every occasion

new faq

>Remember people playing Space Wolves back in 2004
>Just some marines with a viking vibe, unorthodox dudes that liked to have some wolf pelts, use axes and believed in runic power
>come back to modern day and see whats happened to them

Wtf did they do to these guys and why are they so utterly zaney? Its too much even for 40k standards.

what is pic related supposed to be? why are marines riding wolves? wouldn't the size and weight of marines break their backs in two? i remember wulfen being these eye of terror dudes corrupted by the warp, but now their models look terrible.

Honestly, he's going to be just a bloodthirster in stats anyway,

It's because wolf players are degenerates and GW will cater to those degenerates.

I always forget just how bad that model is. Count the wolves Veeky Forums I dare you.

I think some of it is fine. Like the thunderwolves or wulfen. Wulfen being like some crazy bersker going too far stuff. But everything being called "wolf this" or the wolf chariot is just retarded.

That is pretty fucking good.

Phill Kelly happened in 5th edition, the models are probably Jervis' fault as he's the head of the design team if Im not mistaken.

Yeah just like Magnus has the exact same stats as a Lord of Change.

>model so bad that even Ork players don't loot it.

Even Orks know what garbage looks like.

One of the Carcharodon anons here. I have a preliminary list I threw together based on shit I know I have. How does it look? I want to eventually get some Speeder Storms and put Shotgun scouts inside, but that's later.

Battalion - 2000pts 101PL

>HQ
Tyberos, the Red Wake
Librarian w/Sword and PP

>Troops
Tac Marines x10
Combi-Plas, Plasma, Lascannon

Tac Marines x10
Combi-Plas, Plasma, Lascannon

Tac Marines x5
Combi-Plas, Plasma

>Elite
Contemptor w/Asscannon

Company Vets x5
Chainswords and Combi-Plas x5

Tartaros Terminators x10
Lightning Claws x7, Reaper AC + CF x2, Sword + Plasma Blaster

>Fast
Assault Marines x10
PP+CS x2, Evicerator x2, pair of claws

>Dedicated Transport
Drop Pod
Drop Pod

>not calling intercessors
>intercoursers

I suppose they could've taken it in the other direction and their unique flyer would be a giant hovering longboat with an Ice Cannon on it.

Your next purchase should be an assault church.

Now that's orky.

This was the period where they were ruining the brand with terrible toylike oc gimmick miniatures
>flying shoeboxes
>santa sleighs
>potatocopters
>toddler autismframe centurions

>implying I want to work that hard to meticulous highlight everything

My man! Nice and fluffy any way to throw some scouts in that bitch?

I'm actually looking for the early army lists in the back. I've found pdfs with the first 163 pages, but not the rest of the book.

>that player that "accidentally" called Inceptors "Incestors"

When you make a new thread, link it in the old one please. This is happening with such regularity I suspect it's the same person.

the only guys left who could be subtle about wolf iconography were luna wolves and even when becoming the black legion they still honour wolves to some degree without it being retarded and in your face like modern wolfy wolf wolf wolf viking lol i love runes btw norse mythology fucking everywhere space wolves. i feel gw really dropped the ball when it came to space wolves, subtly is what worked for the chapter with slight differences that made them compelling. GW just decided to rub it in your face and make them completely ridiculous, even a little embarrassing to collect.

Yea I can easily trade the some Tacs for scouts. However, I don't have any. In fact, my first list had the shotty storm scouts, but then I figured I'd make. List of shit I actually own.

BAZINGA

The left gladiator Angron is great, but what is the second left Angron meant for? Did he just make it before 30k came out?

>mfw there won't be a hobbyist revolution that demands GW to stop creating shit artwork for the Primarchs, especially The Lion and Sanguinius

Sweet dreams are made of memes...

Well hell yeah man I like it I say go with what ya got for now! Glad to see the updates from ya user.

Mind taking pics of the fluff sections for Helbrecht and the most metal of ministers, my boy Grimaldus?

>mfw i do this everytime

I don't agree with that choice of gold. It's too yellow, especially if he is going to paint it as beaten metal with that much dark spots on it. There's nothing wrong with the paintjob itself, just that one choice of color. Should've used a more orange or dark gold, or bronze or something.

I don't have the book. The image is from GW's site.

>IW
>Easier to paint
>Thank black legion of all legions

What are you smoking? If you're planning on doing them without hazard stripes then go black legion.

>yfw you realise that Adeptus Ministorum is just a legacy Index and it's over for any hope of plastics
Cause I can't see GW making ANOTHER AM abbreviated codex. What the fuck would they add?

than*

Had a 1000 pt game tonight against Tau who had two commanders with fusion blasters, several squads of fire warriors, a single missile broadside, and six squads of drones. I was surprised he didn't bring more broadsides.

I had a Tech-Priest, grav servitors, sniper Rangers in a tower, plasma Vanguard, Infiltrators, a neutron Onager, and three dragoons. Even though as Imperium I was defending, I still managed to seize and started wiping out drones with Infiltrators and stripped most of the wounds off the broadside Turn One. The infiltrators charged into the commander and after that it was pretty one-sided, though the second commander dropped in mid-game and took out the last of my grav destroyers, Vanguard, and Tech-Priest. However, the sniper Rangers took him out in turn. The dragoons spent their time wiping out fire warrior and drone squads, being a huge distraction well worth the points, but if I hadn't gotten first turn, I suspect things would have been quite different for me.

Did anyone play any Fate of Konor games today?

We did a 3v3, 1000 points each player game today. On our side it was Custodes and Primaris, next guy was some Supreme Detachment of Celestine, Draigo and other Terminator Librarians and me as Guard. Enemy was Orks, Necrons and Eldar.

The Custodes and Primaris guy lost like a couple of Custodes and took some wounds on his Land Raider. The Supreme Detachment guy lost the Celestine twins a few times, but otherwise didn't get hurt. Lots of my units either got killed or severely hurt. Eldar were completely wiped out, Orks still had a lot left, but it wasn't going to help them because it was all these grot artillery type guns that were S8 and stationary all game. Necrons had a good amount left, but I had pushed them pretty far back with Conscripts.

Highlights were me burning a command point to re-roll the seize after someone else failed. Rolled and didn't even look, just heard everyone go "OOOOH". The Necron guy rolled 10 out of 11 Warrior reanimations on a 4+ thanks to his lord guy. An Astropath used his 1D6 Smite attempt and killed an Ork Warboss. Custodes had an epic battle with a Wraithknight that I couldn't see at all thanks to terrain, but I heard it was cool. The Custodes then proceeded to sit in a Land Raider the rest of the game and the Primaris Marines sat in cover and took pot shots all game. Once most of my stuff died, all that was left was the tall boys to be victorious.

I use to believe that but then GSC came back from death

IW are super easy to paint because non-bright silver is super easy to paint thanks to Nuln Oil and decent metallic acrylics. It's only hard when you get to the hazard stripes. Compare IW to Lamenters and tell me they're not easy. IW are the Necrons of Space Marines.

>What the fuck would they add?

The new Sororitas units.

Hey a Leviathan! I was planning on making one of those someday; priced it out though and it ends up being like almost 1000$ in parts though. But someday.

So Primaris sisters has been talked about recently. I noticed a company is kickstarting a not-sisters line. They look like they could be in Primaris proportions.

Leave Angharad alone!

Sounds awesome user! What unit did you have that performed well? Here's a shot of my Infiltraitors beating up a Tau commander. (Phonepost likely)

She has some nice proportions

if you know what i mean

as it stands now .. black legion .. why Abbadon.

re-roll misses
auto pass morale tests
6 attacks that will skullfuck everything in melee + up to 6 more attacks from sword
2+ 4++ saves
can summon any deamon type if you are stuck playing PL game.

for now till the dex comes out .. why play any other csm chapter?

CSM codex is up for preorder on the itunes store.

Do black legion players actually use the old Abaddon model? It's so tiny and crappy. If I played that faction I would only use the 30k version or a custom conversion.

Starweaver.

I'd get rid of 1 Death Jester to squeeze in another Troupe Master tho. As Death Jester is pretty "meh" to me.

Yeah but that was to give Nids some allies cause Nids were bitching there wasn't any and it wasn't fair. So I'm happy for you (GSC fans) but I just don't see it. It's been, what, 17 years since the release of SoB?

I knew what it would be before I hovered over it. Sigmarines were always able to be women and that's not really relevant. I just don't see GW doing it.

She isn't even a relevant model. She's just some run of the mill Liberator.

Not for you! Get out!

Thanks! Still have some deldar to do, but it's always nice to plan things out.

2v2 50 power levels each, SM and Nurgle vs DA and Mechanicus. Three bloat drones flew around the battlefield being annoying and then four dreadnoughts plowed into everything else.
Those drones are scary tough, it took 2 ranger squads, 2 icarus array dunecralwers and 2 Magos to kill one

Isn't there a 40K forgeworld one too?

This just united Chaos? How does Death Guard et al specific codex differ? Just different strats and shit?

>CSM codex is up for preorder on the itunes store.

goddammit hurry up with the space marine codex .. need the space for the csm one next.

And when you get to the stripes it becomes much much harder than black legion.

So when is it out, next week?

So it's confirmed that C: CSM will have 7 of the legions then.

>recycled art
>recycled store catalog photos
>same buggy ass tooltips
chaos marinelets btfo you never stop paying off the sins of the 3.5 dex