Talk to me about your one favorite, most-treasured character, Veeky Forums. What's the most lovable (to you...

Talk to me about your one favorite, most-treasured character, Veeky Forums. What's the most lovable (to you, at least) character you've ever made? What made that character so enjoyable to play and so fun to roleplay with?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ukHhQBRpEfo&list=PLns3ckfmswkXaA-FmTRnxxuBY86e-qgFa&index=3
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Veeky Forums
>playing games
>being allowed into games

Yeah, I was just thinking that maybe Veeky Forums is probably full of minmaxing powergamers anyways.

Cheerful, roustabout Cleric of Nike and her polymorphed ferret Wizard cohort. The ferret did her thinking for her, while she provided the killing and raising the dead.

One time, instead of casting Air Walk to catch up to a magical juggernaut, she had the ferret fling her via Telekinesis into it. She then bludgeoned it to death. With a greatsword. Because it wasn't adamantine and I didn't want to do the Power Attack pickaxe gimmick.

It probably helped I was shitfaced for most sessions.

My gnome priest in a heavily Wow inspired long running homebrew game. Something from abilities to personality really clicked together and I've had amazing interactions with the players. I genuinely love the little guy, feels like an actual person.

Well not my favorite of all time, but the one I'm liking the most right now is a 17 year old ghost girl in a modern fantasy setting [as in, a fantasy setting that reached a 'modern' tech level, so magic exists alongside skyscrapers, smart phones, and so on]. She's trying to find a way back to life, which all the magic of the setting says is impossible [its also commonly understood that ghosts don't exist, but here we are].

Was playing a goblin ratcatcher in TDE.
Kind of an Oliver Twist-esque character, always dressed in worn-out, once fancy clothes. He always sucked up to his superiors, but used everything he can to his advantage.
Our party's face was a young bounty hunter who made a name for himself in the city and we were basically his entourage. He made me stay with our half elf and told him to take care of me (like some puppy), so I made him buy me stuff regularly. At some point I moved in with our leader and lived in his basement.
He wasn't a thief per se, but he was quick and dodgy and good at sneaking about.

He had no problems licking someones boots if that meant getting what he wanted. He wasn't cruel or heartless, but he would have probably done some nasty stuff, if that meant prolonging his own life. Kind of a coward, but as long as he had someone to take a hit for him, he would act tough.

It was fun talking in a semi-gollum voice all the time. Outsmarting the others while acting all subservient also brought a lot of fun to the table.

I wont say he was too useful as a character, but I guess he filled the role of a group mascot quite well.

My favorite character was my first,

Ragnok Strongarm

Raised in a ancient red's worship-cult-town-thing, he had a distinctly odd view of the world.

He was really really fun because I got to play him straight, as a generally well meaning guy who spoke common like like I speak French.

Although, one of the best parts of playing him is that my party decided I was making decisions, despite tanking INT and WIS and roleplaying it.

He learned about regular society from books the Red took in his horde. So he had a.. warped idea of several concepts.

I had a whole arc with him where he was elected honorary part of the town guard and took the chance to roleplay as a bad 80's cop movie protagonist.

Oh! I almost forgot, I had a really stand-out combat experience with him. Basically we were being retards and it lead to this...

So we were wandering out of town into what we had all basically decided was definitely a trap and we figured the best way to get at what we were looking for was to walk in, spring it, and beat the information out of whoever we could find there.

By we decided, I mean Ragnok.

So.. after about a half dozen warning signs like " Between the crunching of twigs beneath your boots, you (Investigator) hear a high-tension wire snap."

So the party formation looks like this..
R

P P
P P

Where R is my character, and P are my bros.

Shortly afterward, a single black-clad leather armored figure confronts us. Cont.

Wimpy weaboo faggot techie in a Cyberpunk 2020 game. Scared of getting cybernetics installed, general nervous disposition and not used to fighting, taking care of his sister and mother after losing his father to cyberpsychosis.
After interference from local gangs, he's forced to find alternative means of covering the bills and finds himself involved in crime (with the party).
Loves his family dearly, highly empathetic but bad with words.
Only got off one session before the GM realised he was too busy to run it, massive shame.

>I had a bugbear named Wobet. He had an Intelegence of 7, had a hard time speaking common and was a bard. He had decent charisma, even with a -2 penalty and was able to compose songs that managed to not sound like crap.
>Wobet spoke with a thick lisp but played the pipes well enough to earn coin and free room and board for the party most nights (when they weren't kicked out of town because he was a bugbear).
>Notable exploits include shoving a flute down a rampaging minotaur's gullet, strangling him with it,
>accidentally playing a song of mass suggestion which resulted in the entire town square trying to eat his hands becasue he misunderstood a common phrase,
>charming the prince and running off with him for a day before the prince realized he had accidentally been kidnapped by a bugbear.
>He eventually charmed a female captain of the guard fighter npc and wedded her in a quiet ceremony. They had one child, a half bugbear (ruled as a hobgoblin) daughter and managed to live happily ever after.

He's all haughty, which trips my trigger, but I remember his closing statement was something like... "Drop your weapons now, or be relived of them. Forcefully."

My party members (OOC) immediately start discussing whether we should or not, blahblah

Ragnok has a big problem with this. Namely, that his "weapons" are his bloodrager claws, and it seems like this guy intends to chop his arms off.

So, this triggers a few things, namely, initiative. I immediately pop my claws, start bloodraging, and DM rules thats all I get to do before we have to roll.

So im dead last in initiative pretty much, and my party members are about a hens-peck away from dropping their swords and ditching.

This doesnt get any better when the DM rolls about 6 D20s, and the characters they represent all start coming out of Invisibility all around Ragnok, the one directly in front of me becoming occupied by something the mage calls a "Shedim"

So the DM starts talking. "Ragnok, you're flanked, the Shedim sneak attacks you for.."

I reply "Holy crap, he's level 9?"
"No.. why would you think that?"
"I have Improved Uncanny Dodge, I can only be sneak attacked by rogues 4 levels higher than me."
"Oh."
cont

So the rest of the combat basically involves Ragnok soloing what the DM intended as basically a cutscene-knockout, get dragged to the enemy base kind of thing.

Mostly by brutally abusing the rules for natural weapons as they relate to Great Cleave. The story probably doesnt translate well to text, but it was probably one of the most fun things ive done in tabletop.

I had alot of fun with this one, although it was more for the cultural lore-building the DM let me do more than the character itself.

Lorelei Maud
She was one of the pilots in an AdEva game, which followed the plot of the show loosely, but with a entirely new cast of humans and angels.
I loved playing her, though I wouldn't call her lovable. Her whole character revolved around having survived Second Impact from birth in some shithole country and how that colored her perception of the world, i.e. survival at *all* costs. She was a very pleasant person under most circumstances, but she'd lie, cheat and kill without hesitation if it came to her own life.
In the end she betrayed NERV, killed the other two surviving fellow pilots and blackmailed that game's Rei-equivalents into triggering Third Impact.
She's now the only surviving human on earth, with the gestalt soul (and consciousness) of all humanity as her AT-field.

>Rei equivalents

Did they happen to be terrible ginger children? Because she looks and sounds familiar to a character in an AdEva game I was in.

My half-orc barbarian. He was kind of that character that I'd bring to other games despite setting but this iteration of him I didn't even plan on it being. I just decided to do a random backstory generator and it more or less lined up with what I had for him just more depth and I decided to roll with it. He started off this young noble savage type character. Mother was a human noble that ran away and got with a fairly passive orc. He felt out of place since his twin was constantly praised by his clan for her martial prowess and he was the weaker one. So he decided to venture off to meet humans because they're probably more tolerable.

First session was just me and another player who had a half-elf bard. We spent 3/4ths of the session just in character and just ripping on each other. While my character was more or less trying to seek acceptance through glory, the bard wanted to make a grand story so that he'll be remembered so the two got along fairly well. The next session the party grew and really started test my character's patience. Since this campaign was almost everyone's first or second time playing DnD, 70% party decided to steal from my barbarian for the lolz since he didn't have that great wisdom. So as the game progressed he just became more and more angry with the party coming to the conclusion that talking doesn't work, the only thing people respond to is violence and the party more or less encouraged him. By the end of the campaign, he united a bunch of orc clans and conquered some human duchies since the whole land became a clusterfuck in between Demogorgon being summoned, the duke gone missing and the cleric starting a revolution in a capital which resulted in the destruction of the king and the city.

I had fun with him because it was the first time a campaign reached it's end for me. The first session of just having a nice back forth was nice and just how much shit the party got away in that game.

Not at all, they were actually androgynous black twins.
That said, do tell about yours, that sounds interesting as well.

Aww, that's so sweet.

Fucking badass backstory.

wait hold on

>Cleric of Nike
>Air Walk

What the fuck? How is a show a god in your game?

I've played one character across a lot of different media (online, in sessions). I'm attached to him, but mostly because I know him inside out.

He's a drow who got into a cosy position with a priestess and then got soft. Eventually, she and his brother backstabbed him - literally - and left him to die. He had a near death experience in which he believed he saw Lolth save him for some higher purpose.

From there on out his only goal was to impress Lolth so she'd make him her exarch, the power of which he'd then use to kill her and steal her divinity, and in turn use that power to kill every being alive or dead.

It's not so much edginess as he just fears death so much that he sees it as the only route to guaranteeing his own immortal survival.

Sounds like a fun ride, and definitely staying true to your character is a plus.

Nike is the Greek god of victory.

Huh.

So we had a polite but ruthless Second Impact female survivor in a wheelchair too; she was group mom since our OpDir was a distant man. She was like Hikari, if Hikari were a former child soldier with an encyclopedic knowledge of guns.

My character was a pair of Scottish twins/gestalt mind who saw their Rei-status as excuse to play Saint's Row III with the world. Since they had backups (and were dumb teenagers going through puberty), they though they were essentially immortal. Because of this, they did all sorts of stupid, dangerous shit. Like BASE Jumping off the Geofront, with only their nascent AT-Field protecting them. And trying to dodge bullets like The Matrix. In combat, they made Beast Mode Mari look san and had an insatiable bloodlust.

Wheelchair girl (we called her Handicapable) convinced my character to start Third Impact basically so nobody else would. My character gave her the reins, and she made the end of the Eva manga out of it. They'd fuck with her head on occasion because they missed her and were lonely conducting Instrumentality as Rei/Kaworu.

>TFW when Vorian only took her as an apprentice because elves live a long time and his *original* intention was to basically use her as test subject.

shoe*

And oh my god, I'm fucking retarded. I'm sorry.

What kind "test subject"?

The original intention was as a replacement body, but over time moved more towards trying to copy elf's longevity over into humans, because he had come to actually care about his apprentice over time.

It's worth noting, none of the particulars of this were actually up to me, which is why I didn't include them in the original story. I kinda left Vorian's motivations as a blank for the DM to fill in, and then my character uncovered them over the course of the campaign.

Also needless to say, the first one was the one the villains of the campaign were more interested in.

>Handicapable

Do the AdEva rules actually work? Ive been considering running a game with them, but am unaware of anyone else who has.

>Huh
Yeah, 'huh' seems about right. That's pretty strange.
We had:
- The two Rei-equivalents, black androgynes playd by actual twins. Basically big enigmas for most of the time, but in all honesty they just wanted an actual friend.
- A more pathetic version of Shinji, with the potential for heroics replaced by more cowardice and a penchant for petty crime.
- A Chinese child soldier with survivors guilt and a need to prove herself the best pilot ever. Think Asuka, except driven by
- A failed prototype of getting a human to exhibit AT-field control. Mostly by psychological torture. A shivering, nervous wreck for the most part.
- Wheelchair-chan, functionally the team mom by virtue of being the seemingly most well adjusted and non-neurotic of the bunch.

It was a few years ago, so maybe we share one of the players, who reused my char? Was it online or a physical game?

Nice. Sounds like you and your GM have good synergy going on.

Wild sorceress born to a barbarian chief and an enchantress, self-proclaimed 'famous adventurer,' wieldernof a magic sword that changes names every time she mentions it (completely mundane), and should have been a bard. She's a sweet, bubbly thing who loves her family, has a soft spot for kids, and has an Electra complex that could blot out the sun, much to my GM's exasperatuon ehen he introduced a barbarian tag-along DMPC for Sunless Citadel.

Jebedia Ross

Gnoll Warlock

He was mid-ritual to be an avatar of Yeenaghu when paladins rolled up. They slaughtered and magicked. When Jebedia woke up, he found himself completely bereft of the destructive urges of his gnoll heritage.

In game he was never above dirty tricks. If a problem could be solved with lying, he would. Beat the BBEG by Counterspelling the guy's magic, Bestow Curse to weaken him, and then shoving the evil bastard into a Bag of Devouring.

They work beautifully.

I played a Sahuagin druid.
Carried her stuff in a barrel on her back, and every now and then filled it with water and had a nap inside. Often ate parts of dead enemies. Never wildshaped, but often savaged opponents with claws and bites.
Every time I spoke, I took a raspy, parched voice to represent the difficulty she had breathing air. I often ended up with a sore throat.

Elaine Greyson, my character from a Geist game I was in a while back that was set in highschool.

Died as a result of abuse, went around attempting to reform child and wife abusers by scaring the shit out of them since she wasn't a murderer, which was a ton of fun planning and executing. Ended up killing a guy on accident. Roleplaying her reaction to that was a ton of fun as well.

Ended up as leader of the little Geist crew we developed.

I absolutely loved the npc interactions I had with this character as well. I gotta say my storyteller outdid himself in that game. The parents, the bestie, the boyfriend. Damn, that game was great, so many good roleplaying opportunities, so many good character interactions, wonderful.

Honestly the ovreally plot/of the game was kinda so-so, but all the little side details made it one of the best games I've played. I could talk for days about that game. Shame it fell apart.

Bump

I was trying to make the most boring character I could as a joke in a persona themed game. Average at everything, no issues, normal family life high school girl. As everyone else made over the top characters with dark back stories, my gal essentially became the whole stories protagonist, building friendships with all the other pcs, slowly and naturally growing into the parties leader. It would have been a pretty standard a nine plot, but the fact it happened organically and completely unplanned in a tabletop game made her really special and everyone in that games favourite character.

In anima beyond fantasy i had made Otto a warlock with average inteligence, thus he was only able to learn 3 spells, but he had a Light atunned Sheele as familiar (A fairy thing that is basically the personification of an element) and the teamwork was amazing. She covered me with shields and laser beams and i relentlessly stabbed our foes with my spear, and because we both had points in style and music sometimes we would sing together while the lights danced and the spilled blood flowed making the witnesses be in awe. there was also the interactions outside battle that were quite fun like teasing me for not understanding certain things and having to ask her help (There is also the part where because she had a higher Intelligence and Will stats than my character the party would joke that i was the familiar instead of her) Sadly he died because one of our players decided to be a dick and join the bad guys for no rhyme or reason but i managed to save her before i died so at least there is that.

Small child who is occasionally posessed by an evil wizard ghost. I like getting to switch between being a semi-bratty child and being a violently abrasive shithead.

>Only got off one session before the GM realised he was too busy to run it, massive shame.
Ugh, I know that feel so much.

I was in a short-running, high power, 2 player D&D game once. The DM was great, and had cool ideas for the plot. My buddy played a human drunken master who spat huge gouts of flame (think Livens large gallery projector) when he spat alcohol. I played a storm giant who was just huge. That was his power. He was a cleric of Helm, god of Protection. He hailed from the North, but came south when he heard of an Empire spreading through the land, conquering and enslaving the tribes, villages, petty kingdoms, and free cities. He met the drunken master in a city in the Northwest, shortly before it was attacked. The two fought off the army (Like I said, high power campaign) using their fire power and fuckhueg size. I recall either sone kind of living siege engine, or some kind of mechanical titan. It was basically equivalent in power to one of us, while the rest of the small army (the city was lightly defended) was on par with the other, which made it a roughly fair fight. After some lucky rolls, the giant thing fell without much trouble (The empire evidently had a bunch of them, but the game ended due to real life stepping in), but the army proved more difficult to handle. The brewmaster got his arm shredded up wile fighting off part of the force. I hit things with a big hammer. We became the guardians of the city after that. On the giant thing, there was a huge ring, which would let my mansion sized dude become more Gregor Clegane sized. After that, he could enter the city, and interact with the inhabitants. There was a bar the size of a skyscraper there, where the two would chill in their down time, their tab paid by the city for all time.

Most of the character's interactions stemmed from him being huge at first, but as the story went on, he became more of a gentle giant; friend to most, enemy of few. The two PCs played off each other in a "by the book" cop and "disregards the rules" cop (my friend's character was CG). A lot of the fun came from that.

>tl;dr: Big guy 4u

>NEET forced out by unpreventable circumstances
Stealing this.

Naomi Ramsey, South-facing Yin-aspected Devil-Tiger and a plain depressing human being.
I started writing her because I liked a lot of the flavor and mechanics of Kindred of the East, but resent the badly researched Magical Asian worship and the complete lack of balance with Vampire in both fluff and crunch, and one of my friends invited me to a "grab-bag" oWoD game in which the characters were rejects and freaks who banded together in a gang instead of getting themselves killed trying to find friends who weren't there.
She was a terrible person with terrifying powers, and that's why she was a fucking blast to play. A perpetual bandwagoner and hangaround who considered it her right to have friends and be loved, but yet never felt she had to try as hard as other people, she had nasty parts and just plain sad ones.
I played her as a childishly vengeful and thin-skinned person - someone rich in hubris but with no real self-confidence, who needed to be a thug, a criminal and a monster as soon as she received powers, because otherwise there'd be no way she could deal with the responsibility. Of course, she wanted friends just like anyone else - but as a spoiled and narrow-minded nearly-adult (she's 26 going on 16), she did this through trying to make herself the leader through force, afraid of having to be loved for her words instead of her deeds.
Then again, she became a Kuei-jin because of her own failures - she'd been studying in Japan for half a year to escape her failed academic history and was rapidly realizing that you can't change your own problems just by changing the country you live in, and finally ended up dying in a drunken accident when she said "fuck it" and decided to drown out her complete lack of ability to interact constructively with anyone with an irresponsible amount of alcohol. Stuck on the borderline between Happenstance and Madness, the respective Deathlords squabbled about her soul for long enough that Yu Huang could pocket it.

As a party member, she ended up being the sometimes overly enthusiastic trailblazer, always willing to prove herself to others (and herself) with over-the-top ultraviolence and gratuitous playing cool (she once intimidated a bunch of Armenian gangers into servitude by killing their boss, inviting all of the armed men to dinner and then squeezing off two shots into her own heart before starting to talk).
All in all, she was a tiny, tiny shadow of a good person underneath a hard shell of compensation, denial, unreasonable expectations, excessive competitiveness, thin-skinned aggression and exhibitionistic showiness.
Kuei-jin have some measure of influence over their powers, because their P'o is partly their subconscious and because Chi use (and thus the Disciplines that come naturally) is defined partially by preference - so it says a lot that with all these Magical Asian powers to learn, Naomi's role in the party was muscle, even considering we had a literal motorcycle-riding were-grizzly survivalist in our party. Aside from turning into a ten-foot winged asura with a motherfucker of a sword, moving scarily fast and being able to throw anything that wasn't nailed down, Naomi's most sophisticated abilities all revolved around "how do I kill something I can't hit", the answer to which is "learn enough Yin Prana to be able to kill ghosts, then focus on Demon Arts".
I find it incredibly fucking fun to play the characters that roleplayers would be, not who they want to be.

Shiny Chariot a shit

Dario Faradrel, a rogue/master spy in a pathfinder campaign. Started as an orphan, picking pockets with a sorcerer friend, until he got caught by a member of a smuggler's guild and invited to join. A no-nonsense smuggler's guild leader (on the city-scale; the guild spanned the continent) who was forced to act as a spy's guild for a holy army planning on stopping the demon who had planned to tear the boundary between the material plane and hell apart. Wound up tricked into becoming the high priest of another demon who didn't want that particular boundary gone, and had to balance hiding infernal rituals and the creeping demoniac influence in his organization - even though his patron was, arguably, a good guy - while still working with the army. Really interesting to roleplay.

Roy Ardy, the teenage chef and Commoner class. Conscripted by the army and loaned to the players to be their support staff, Roy was in charge of feeding 40 men a day. Roy was fun to play because he wasn't a hero and in fact I was the weakest link of the team which my friends gave me grief about (I was going to take straight 10s in all my stats but my DM made me roll stats). I had to find ways for Roy to punch above his weight and keep up with the party and so that too was fun experience in seeing how a commoner can keep up with player classes. Roy's list of deeds include:

- Killing a soldier with his butcher's knife
- Starting a forest fire by accident with an Alchemist Fire
- Destroyed a giant crystal filled with ghosts with an Alchemist Fire
- Joined the army's contraband smugglers
- During a chase scene kept a pack of Barghests off the back of the rearguard wagons with Alchemist Fires
- Exemplified the trope of "don't mess with the guy that handles your food"
- Turned an oracles jade divination bowl into his wok
- Created a mason jar ration filled with noodles and sauce
- Outran a TPK

I actually enjoy playing sane, mindful and agreeable people. My favorite character was a half-elf enchanter in AD&D who always tried the diplomatic approach first, giving before taking, defusing instead of escalating, talking instead of fighting. In his time off he painted and jewed people out of their money without them feeling worse for it, and when things got heated, he tried to avoid killing or doing irreversible harm.

He single-handedly changed the course of our campaign twice when I decided to solve grievances by compromise and negotiation instead of just wiping out the opposition, and he left the world a better place than he found it.

DM threw a drow waifu at him when he didn't know how to handle the massive amounts of mediation going on.

Mariella Caravelli, highwaywoman and thief in a PF game. She was nineteen and a noble girl who sneaked out of her mansion, found out that poor people existed and tries to help them by giving out her own riches as well as stealing trinkets from other nobles.

She was incredibly sheltered and optimistic, with a passion for baking and reading about big heroes. Everyone thought she was pretty dumb, but she had book smarts and a lot of passion around the things she was interested in. She also really enjoyed baking and baked goods. The adventure we were playing involved all of us getting blackmailed or somehow wronged by a gangster, and then slowly becoming heroes of a city sliding into revolution and chaos (Curse of the Crimson Throne splat). This basically meant a lot of crying and being terrified, and she never killed another sentient being instead preferring to use a sap and trickery. She did a lot of sweet things for people and was generally a ray of terrified sunshine.

>Adopted a tiny pseudo-dragon after rescuing them from a gangster, later adopted three tiny piglets who were meant to be used as a football in an horrific bloodsport.
>Fell in love with a priest who she accidentally revealed to be involved in some conspiracy. He was kicked out of the church and lost a hand and foot.
>She later supported him when he became an angry revolutionary and he forgave her when she baked him cookies and volunteered to help him in an attempt to impress.
>Admired the massive sword swinging knight lady in the party who proceeded to have a sort of mother-daughter relationship.
>Learnt mage hand and some basic magic in an attempt to learn how to do card tricks that her boyfriend was tricking her with, she did not realize there was no magic involved in his tricks.
>Stole perfume and then shared it with the party because the clerk was mean, and baked the party cake in celebration after major victories.

Basically, I played a cute girl and it made me feel cute Veeky Forums.

A DMPC (since Im a forever GM) giant named P'Tar. He was convinced that a giant without a home was uncivilized, and so wherever they would go he would build basic shelters and attempt to set up an elaborate mockery of a human house, complete with putting up window frames where there were no walls. His most famous moment came when the party attempted to barter with a roving clan of giants, who P'Tar obviously thought little of. Our mercenary huckster tried to teach them the concept of investment or deferred payment. When they didnt understand, P'Tar acted like he did, even though he didnt either. He went on to spin a number of lies about the "amount of investment he had" and how anybody without investment was a fool. Basically a laundry list of things that made it clear he had no idea what the word meant.

An NPC called Christabella Lamel, daughter of the party's main quest giver. Not a very unique character by any means but she was very enjoyable.
Basically the campaign was a bloody intrigue game with murders, bribery and betrayal galore. But she was basically Yotsuba if her dad was sketchy aristocrat.
The party fist met her when she was trying to retrieve a toy from a shelf and dropped something. The proceeding smash interrupted her dad's monologue.
She was a bright ray of sunshine in a morally grey setting. Also worked as a good foil to the Lawful Evil warlock in the party who had to babysit her sometimes.
Like I said, not very unique and challenging, but a good time was had by all involved.

Maw. A giant Saltwater Crocodile-man from a friend's homebrew pirates game.
18 feet from tip to tip, 10 feet tall standing, a massive, naturally armored, wall of muscle and teeth. Hated British sailors with a passion because they massacred a village of Salties.
Only slightly more intelligent than Lenny from Of Mice and Men. Loyal to a fault to his captain, a Haitian Voodoo priest who freed him and his brother from slavery under the French.
Legit adored anything young and/or female, and got overly protective of them, though once it bit the group in the ass.
The child he initially approached to try to help turned out to be a necromancer looking to kill the party. He couldn't understand that, though, so when the female Salty of the crew killed the necrololi, he flipped shit and hit her, which provoked his like-minded brother into attacking him. The captain had to settle things by nailing them both with lighting to shock some sense back into them.
He also accounted for twelve doors and a wall in a haunted mansion, because he wasn't smart enough to perceive them while he was chasing a ghost captain. The wall put an end to his rampage.
His shining moment came when the group left that mansion, though. The captain, despite usually sound judgement, torched the haunted mansion, which was also possessed by the ghost of a little girl who had been violently murdered in it. Said ghost went full banshee mode and started chasing the group. Halfway to the ship, Maw stopped, and faced the banshee.
She shrieked at him, he toughed it out, and bellowed back at her. Then he hugged her, and told her that her mama was waitin' for her on the other side, an' there ain' no pain there, an' she should go ta her mama.
Last thing he saw as she faded was a cheerful smile mouthing the words "thank you."
He had found a picture of the girl in the mansion. He got her portrait etched into his chest scales, right on a scar over his heart.

He also had a best pal. A Cephalid(squid-person) named Q.
Q was a tinkerer with a penchant for making things that were roundabout-killy, like a blunderbuss/umbrella whose ribs could flip forward into a macerator.
Well, since Maw was the head of the Boarding party, Q decided to experiment. He built a saddle/howdah for Maw that fit on his upper body, and had a Gatling gun attached to it, so he could shoot while Maw punched. It actually worked pretty well.

That is...*cries* so beautiful...I want to hug that guy...

Joker. Warforged Fighter in an Eberron campaign, named jokingly by his former platoon because of his ultra serious nature.

I just fucking love robots/androids/AI, and throughout the course of the campaign I was able to develop his emotions and explore some theory of consciousness stuff.

All of this was before the Westworld series, which is basically a wet dream show for me even without Evan Rachel Wood's glorious tits.

Yeah, when I was describing the actions I wanted to take to the GM, I was tearing up a little, too.
But when he described the girl as looking like she had been torn apart, and when I found the picture of her and her mom smiling happily, I knew that Maw would do anything his pea-brain could think of to help that little girl move on. And when he got into that mindset, nothing short of his own death would stop him.

Street urchin who got adopted by an old martial artist when she impressed him by successfully picking his pocket.

She's confident and smug and sassy, and earnestly believed that the martial arts she was taught made her invincible. She was devastated to learn otherwise, but it was a growing experience for her.

Well...Maybe I could mention my cowarldy metal dragon

He is a failed experiment of some sort (not sure what kind himself), with him resulting as a humanoid dragon with metal plates for skin, instead of usual scales

He grew up in the sewers, together with his only real friend - cowardly gnoll, that got lost in the place just as he was

Grew up to become sort of fighter, but was still quite uneasy with people, only one helping with that was a kobolds actor (one of the players), who befriended him, but looking kind of similar to him.

So his cutest flaw has to be that he is a bit scared of talking with women, leading to this hulking dragon, hiding behind a kobold, who ended up as bravest creature in the party

I had a handful of characters in the same family that were pretty good fun.

The first was the Goliath Barbarian.
>Originally left his home on top of the giant mountain that also houses cloud giants and such.
>Figured that he'd done everything worth doing up there, should at least go see what's going on down there.
>Ended up encountering all of the short people, including one that dressed up very nicely.
>The nicest-dressed one in the first village he visited turned out to be a loudmouth, and got his shit slapped for it.
>Character ended up being hailed as a hero to the commonfolk for beating the shit out of a cruel nobleman, who put out a ridiculously huge bounty on him.
>Adventuring and occasionally finding himself beset by bounty hunters and mercenaries ever since.

Then the Goliath Knight.
>Noticed that his brother went missing some time ago.
>Got into a scuffle with harpies, ended up finding out that they saw him heading down the mountainside.
>sonofagoddamnedbitch.tapestry
>Head down as well to fetch him.
>First village he came to, a bunch of goblins were attacking.
>More or less ignore them, because they're not bothering him.
>Stumble across some squawking asshole, no idea what he's saying.
>Asshole points at goblins
>Character shrugs, goes and crushes some of them to make the rest go away
>Asshole is so grateful, he uses his nobleman status to grant him a fiefdom, title, armor, greatsword, and so on.
>Sent forth as a knight-errant to right wrongs in the kingdom, find his brother, and occasionally get beset by mercenaries and bounty hunters that mistake him for some other goliath

And the Father.
>Character notices both of his sons have wandered off of the mountainside.
>Fetches his fancy cane and hide armor
>Hobbles down after them, shooing harpies and gryphons off of his lawn
>Gets all the way to the first village at the base of the mountain before realizing he forgot his coinpurse
>Mugs some shitheel nobleman and carries on with his search for his boys

Do not listen to this man, he is a cuck.

They are absolutely god awful.

Occultist.
Battle archetype.
Grandfather's glaive, makes spooky sounds, Evocation and Divination effects.
He wears armor and can fight, but not so well the fighter and ranger are outclassed.
He was intelligent, but innocent. Worked with stone and wood at the village windmill with the Washerwomen, who nettled him ineccessantly. Respectful, shy. Thought being a town guard was the highest achievable honor. Rube.
Told by his recluse Grandfather to respect Gnomes, so he did almost to a fault.
I originally thought I was just making a cusp-of-manhood character, but it ended up being hilarious. He was tricked over and over, but I think the enemies thought he was too dumb to kill, and a potentially useful too.
I accidentally hit on some potent rp shit that amused me greatly. Why do I like this....

Probably it was a really shitty character I made for a forum RP board, who became so utterly polarizing that he sent the mods in an orgy of fratricidal banning each other and ultimately caused the site to collapse.

Corgatha Taldorthar, you were a magnificent bastard, even if mostly for out of character reasons.

This inspired me to make my next games character a bit like this corc - even if mine has to be an old guy dragonborn

It matters not what type of scales you have, user. Only that you use them to shield the smiles of the innocent.
Shame I suck at drawing, HeroMachine's the best I can do to capture his looks.

Probability my Giant halfling (basically abnormal sized person) bard named Bungo.
His main game goals in life is to just have a good time. In one of the sessions I played with him, I got a chalice that can have any liquid poor from it endlessly. So I spent 3 turns just pooring out vodka instead of helping my group.

>WFRP 2ed
Karrik, dwarf shieldbreaker from Karaz-A-Karak. Uncommonly tall (for a dwarf), stout and unyelding, he travelled the Empire looking for his uncle, who has taken the Slayer Oath.
Karrik was proud, strong and stubborn, but on his travel managed to befriend an old Runesmith and even forge a sort of friendship with an elf. He never backed down from a fight, soaking enough damage to kill any other member of the party without flinching. He endured the attacks of three Chaos Warriors without taking a single wound of damage, killing two of them and wounding the other enough that one of his companions could finish him off, and with his friends stopped Sunterz Klaukerzon from bringing Orcmas to the world
This is maybe the best way to describe him: Karrik endures

If you don't mind, I would to try to use my skills to draw him

(Pic to show the level of skill...)

I mean, sure. If you're willing.
Some details.
>Currently albino, due to voodoo screwup
>Large splash-shaped scar on his chest, over his heart, where he took a Blunderbuss point-blank.
>Only wears Leather Breeches now, as the same Voodoo that turned him albino thickened his hide considerably.
>Tattoo is centered in scar, no real detail is needed.
>Limb length is similar to heromachine, torso is definitely broader, though not by too much.
>head is standard Crocodile, as his race were originally crocs, just uplifted by Voodoo mutation.
>Ratio of jaws to tail to height is 1:3:4, he stands 12ft high now, so 9ft of tail, jaws are ~3ft long.
You need anything else?

Yup, gonna give it a shot - should have what to show either later today or tomorrow

Dirk diggler, gentleman adventurer. He always thinks on his feet and manages to outsmart gm bullshit. He's a smug bastard, flamboyantly over the top and is always focused on how to get max loot and power for the party. Last time I played him, I convinced the party to rob the kings feast we were at and took the princess hostage when the gm started to try to put us back on rails. A couple sessions later I was covered in blood, roaring at the shocked knights after killing a prince in a duel for the princesses hand in marriage. The gm stopped the campaign after he walked into the throne room, called theking dad and then sat on the throne saying "I am king now."

The other party members always ask me to play diggler anytime they want to wreck a gms railroad. Mechanically, he's just a high cha/dex fighter with the skilled feat or a bit of rogue. since he gets declared party leader each time though, it's hard for a gm to stop him. No one ever believes that he's straight nuetral evil though.

Online game.

The one I just made is right up there with my favorites, I think, though I haven't gotten to play her yet.

It's a victorian gothic horror setting, party of vampire hunters. She's a gypsy tiefling bard who plays the acoustic guitar. I've put together a long playlist of ambient acoustic tracks for her to use in game, many pulled from the Diablo II soundtrack that I think really add to the atmosphere.

She has a tarot deck, and can use it to discern a shadow of coming events. Being a tiefling with the devil horns and everything, she's kind of embraced the stigma and enjoys making people uncomfortable with it - does things like wear a stolen crucifix or the outfit of a nun while singing lyrics in Infernal.

youtube.com/watch?v=ukHhQBRpEfo&list=PLns3ckfmswkXaA-FmTRnxxuBY86e-qgFa&index=3

Just the first sketch - just showing that I am working on that.
Thank you?

Not from a tabletop game, but some of the characters I had the most fun playing were in SS13.
One was Mister Shaffer, a bartender who was in his late 80s. His face was incredibly worn, and shaped not quite unlike a bean. His moustache was always properly cared for, although most of the hair on the top of his hair was gray and falling out. As he was getting on in years, his mind was going a little bit, so he wasn't sure about exactly how he came to work for Nanotrasen as a bartender, but he was happy to have something to do none the less. Whenever someone came to the bar he'd always be happy to have their company and have a discussion with them, and if they asked he simply made up a story about where he was from and what he had done with his life, which could be anything from being an explorer, the lawrence of space arabia, or just a museum curator. It was also very fun to play him during emergency, as he was an old man who couldn't run and also had no EVA training (or had forgotten it) and so the crew had to help him out any time something went horribly wrong.
There was one time a pair of drunk engineers strapped him to a rolling chair to run away from the singularity.

Just lengthen the snout about... 25%, maybe.
And bring the tat a little closer to the center of his chest.
Other than that, you're on the right track.

Ok, i will get to that then.

Again, much obliged.

So did few minor changes, as you said - not sure if it came out right

>envy
You got an email? I want you on my shortlist for players in future games. Just invitations- no obligation.

No, no. It's pretty on the money. Like I said, I've never gotten his looks down pat on a medium other than the limited capabilities of Heromachine.
The only, and I stress ONLY, nitpick I have right now is maybe make him slouch a tad. Like, somewhere between what you've got and the leftmost Saurian in this pic.

Yeah I can see that, gonna see if i could do that, not too sure if I get from first try, but I will try

Well - dang it, will need to throw out the first one, it's not really possible to change stance, without redoing whole thing

Ooof, that's the one thing I was afraid was going to happen when I mentioned the stance change. Sorry.

This what I managed to salvage out of what was left

Nice. Great work for a rough, and in so quick a time.

All that might be still be done, would be to wait for morning for better lightning and maybe using black pen to make it look a bit better

Hey, I understand, man. Honestly, the rough is already a great thing to me. Whatever else you do is above and beyond.

None because my group seems to be allergic to the RP part of RPGs.

Ohh...I know the feeling...I wish I could help

Welp, if this thread lives until tomorrow, I might have a better quality picture of the sketch

It's a long-standing group of friends that has only recently started to play tabletop. I blame that, mainly, because rather than trying to get invested in the game everyone is just trying to make each other laugh or "break" the game mechanically.

It doesn't help that our GM is kinda incompetent. But we've all sorta realized that and now are doing a few weeks of oneshots run by everyone else to see if someone else likes it. Maybe things will look up from there.

Favorite is the one I play now. A teenage girl who escaped from slavery earlier this year. She doesn't know her parents and was "raised" by other slaves. They were owned by an art and book forgery group though, not like hard labor slavery, so she's literate and even has a lot of knowledge about fables and fantasy from the books read.

When she got her freedom, she didn't know what to do with herself. The world rushed into her life suddenly, sine she was used to one basement mostly. So she did the only thing she knew. She emulated the heros she read about in the books she ordered to copy.

She became a cleric of Sarenrae, who she attributed to freeing her sine her chains just fell off one night.

I have to find out if it was actually divine intervention or just rusty locks. The DM said he would work that into the plot.

She naively joined up with an adventuring group (the other players) when they said they're out to do good in the world, and things are mostly going well so far. No one would lie about that, right? Just to have a healer who doesn't ask for much around?

It's been great fun so far. It's nice making a sorta underpowered character mechanically, but with a fun backstory and reason for it. Reading about casting spells and going on adventures doesn't actually prepare you, and mundane stuff like camping and realistic fights are difficult for her, even though she is quite skilled at healing, and being inspiring with her speeches she learned from the bard storybooks.

That picture is kind of cute - I need to make that an npc for my next campaign...

That'd probably just be my first character. He's in a campaign that started years ago that should have just been a test, but it's still been going on at a dead snail's pace. Just some ginger farmboy that forced himself into the local militia as a kid, moved on up into the infantry of the country's army, then got cursed by some sorta demon into being pretty much permanently impatient. Pretty stereotypical as far as that campaign goes.

My favorite part about him though is 'cause there was this long-ass stint between the campaign, like at least six months, and when I looked at my sheet later I realized I put all my monster loot on my features instead of in my inventory (because I had way too much shit, I assume.) To make this actually work, I just stated that rather than hold it in his backpack, he would just sew it onto his armor, to showcase his achievements or some sorta shit. So now, he's some crazy fucker with a living sword, smelling like death that can be attributed to the ogre ears and middle fingers, yes, but also to the rotting goblin corpse that is now situated on his shoulders (don't ask why this fucker had a corpse on him, because there's no answer.)

Yes she's super cute. Her game is really good too.

She's my waifu