Easy to Build Primaris Intercessors

Sooo... This box of three says its a "squad", but the data card we've seen says they show up in fives.

Dickery, or Just As Planned Dickery?

The rules allow you to have one single squad that is under strength for situations like this. If you are not playing matched play (99.9% of people only play matched play, anything else is the same as Unbound last edition) you may have as many under strength units as you wish.

>situations like this
An actual box for sale is a special case?

It's a box of two Lieutnants and a Captain. Done.
Anything else?

Those little snap fit packs have always been a cheap and easy way to get a handful of minis for new players first hobby as well as filing out squads. They're not really for building your whole army.

If it really bothers bothers you just get 2 packs for a squad of 6. Unit size is 5-10 in the new codex.

The real question is REAL MULTIPART KITS WHEN

Not too keen on the static poses

Probably on preorder this weekend.

The reason for us getting the "You can have one under strength unit of a choice" now makes sense.

Beginner's boxes trying to play the actual game are special cases, yes. Why do you think Start Collecting had special formations.

Believe it or not some people just want a few marines for fun.
Marines used to be sold in blisters of three anyway.

I want multi-part kits as well, so I can customize my DI ones with alternative arms and such.

lieutenants and captains don't get regular bolt rifles as their only options. You would need auto bolt rifles and/or power swords to make them wysiwyg

Nobody gives a shit if that bolt rifle has a box magazine or not. And powerswords are in each bitsbox by the dozen.

Not this week, Repulor/Apothacary/Chapin this week.

2 Weeks for the preorder.

It comes with rules in the box to field them in threes my dude.

There's no real difference on the mini of the guns.

Give one a sword and its a WYSIWYG lieutenant.

You should probably put it on a 40mm base too.

>lieutenants and captains don't get regular bolt rifle

Then WYSIWYG is not a problem, since they CAN'T have regular bolt rifles, you know that bolt rifle he's holding is actually an auto bolt rifle.

Should I turn the DI gravis captain into a 4th Aggressor, or just field him as a captain in an Aggressor squad?

Gravis-Captains and Aggressors are in a weird spot. The Captain wants to wade in, but flame-Aggressors, who also operate close to the enemy, gain nothing from being in his buff aura while shooting and aren't *that* hot in melee to begin with.
Meanwhile, bolt-Aggressors would benefit from the buff when shooting, but prefer stay at range and double-tap, leaving the captain as a glorfied cheerleeder that costs entirely too much.

Doesn't the ability just say "to hit" so shouldn't it work in close combat as well?

That's why I said 'while shooting'.
And if they don't need it at range and are kinda crap in melee the captain is wasted.

Well 5 boxes gets you 3 squads, which is the min number for a primaris battalion. It's always been a little Jewey that the snapfit marines came in 3 rather than 5, but they're supposed to be practice minis I geuss.

Rules from the box