>Konor Campaign: Chaos STILL BTFO edition
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>Check your local store's contribution
warhammer40000.com/fate-konor-galaxy-flames/

>New Duncans
youtube.com/watch?v=fCybi5r71RE&t

youtube.com/watch?v=Lc9aMBc9Lxg&t

>GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf(and epub), SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>novels here
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>Other megas
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA (no 8e stuff here)

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing Abaddon's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Can someone post the donald krump two squiggs meme? Also, 3th for chaos!

Fuck antisemitism and fuck nazis

Looking over the points for the Repulsor, at around 330 pts this thing can pack two lascannons, a heavy gatling cannon, FIVE fragstorm launchers (which is 5d6 hits within 18 inches) and 2 krakstorm launchers, and maybe some other shit I'm forgetting..this thing is such a fucking beast, why even fill it up with units? if I put intercessors in there, they'll get outgunned by the onslaught cannon, if I put aggressors in there, they'll get out boltstormed by the fragstorms, I guess maybe plasma incinerators?

Also as a side note: I think taking more than one of these tanks is gonna be a dick move.

alright last stupid GSC/Tyranids list idea before I go to sleep

a bunch of rock grinders special deploying along with some Tyranid psykers to cast onslaught on them.

turn 1 charges with genestealers are alright I guess, but turn 1 charges with trucks sounds cooler right?

r8 my list

>The guys with the only codex are winning
Surprising stuff. Also Guilliman is 150 points too cheap.

Sup Veeky Forums, I have had issues with 40k as a game for quite some time and upon reflection I have boiled it down to three main issues:
>There are little in game tactical decisions that help you win or lose (with most games coming down to list building and deployment.
>The crunch does not reflect the fluff very well if at all.
> The fluff is getting more and more kid-friendly with less humor and gritty grimdark.
I have gotten to the point where I have converted and collected the models that interest me within the 40k universe and have decided that it is time to move on, does anyone have suggestions for my next game system?

Power fist dropped by 40%.

Very good, now I won't feel bad about putting them on my Plague Champions. Does make chainfists kinda bad. 10 points for -1ap and 2d instead of d3

Would tell you to fuck off/10

I honestly don't know why GW didn't wait to have the campaign until after at least the CSM book came out.

So that Imperium wins...

If you're really convinced you're going to give up I won't try and change your mind, but I think you should stick with 40k a bit longer.

My recommended wargame(s) if you do decide to change though is definitely Dropzone/Dropfleet Commander.

Slaaneshi attack on Krieg, M40, colourised

>the fluff is getting less dark
What they literally completely the whole thing.

So chaos doesnt win obviously?

Chainfists are AP-4, or at least he Space Marine ones are.

Infinity is a much more complex system, but is fairly balanced, and much more interactive (both players get to do stuff and make potentially important decisions every turn, not just their own).

However, to my knowledge their entire range is metal, which some people don't like, and it doesn't seem nearly as popular as even AoS, so if you manage to find a playgroup at all you'd be lucky if you're not just facing the same 1 or 2 guys over and over.

The last 40k books I read where the two fenris system ones and haven't picked one up since then. They were just so... terrible.

Red pill me on mandrakes. What roles do they fulfill?

He means an additional -1 AP over Power Fists, obviously.

Looking cool while being questionably useful, like half of the DEldar range.

Chaos is winning at the moment. There is a giant rift dividing the galaxy in half. All xenos are getting more dangerous and chaos is everywhere.
Imperial forces are cut off and surrounded in various places.
But at least we have Cawl tech and a Primarch,

>drive up to target while spewing death in every direction
>unload eight hellblasters, a captain and a lieutnant
>raze target in plasma fire
>drive repulsor off hunting other things
>hellblasters hold objective

So far the only Chaos lists ive seen are Magnus + spam, either Typhus and Poxwalkers or Magnus and Brimstones, its like they arent even trying, locally

Either way the advantage is denying anything with 3+ armor saves their save and doing consistent damage. So it's more reliable damage vs a potential 1 more damage but letting more units have their armor saves..

The Indominus Crusade more or less stabilized everything IIRC. Chaos isn't really winning atm anymore than they already were.

Ahh, ok mis-translation. The kind of fluff I am referring to are the book that focus on tiny conclaves of fucked up shit. Or the more "philiosphical" stories like burning of the last church.

1/2 fixed my dreadnought lists errors.

My list:
BATTALION
HQ
Kharne
Chaos Lord w/ Claws

TROOP
9 Berzerkers w/ 8 Chainaxes + Chainswords, Banner and Claws on the Champ
9 Berzerkers w/ 8 Chainaxes + Chainswords, Banner and Claws on the Champ
20 Cultists
20 Cultists

ELITE
Helbrute w/ Scourge + Fist

HEAVY
Maulerfiend w/ Magma Cutters

DEDICATED TRANSPORT
Rhino w/ 2 combi-bolter and havoc launcher
Rhino w/ 2 combi-bolter and havoc launcher

OUTRIDER
HQ
Dark Apostle

FAST
Spawn
Spawn
Spawn
Spawn

2/2

So that the new edition gets a global campaign 6 weeks after launch.

I'm sure that we'll see other campaigns in the near future. GW seems to have their shit together with promoting FoK, and it sets a precedent for giving players something to fight over which isn't a massive detail that they're loathe to mess with.

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

My impression from the new lore is that if people thought it was at peak grim dark in the 41st millenium the 42nd is ten times as grim dark. So they went beyond what people thought was peak grim dark.
Kind of like a permanent end times without aos.

>more than 3 Detachments at 2k points
No dice. I find someone else to play with.

Dreadnaughts are so powerful right now, and the fact that you are just cheesing them would cause me to refuse to play you.

From what I have gathered the stories are still really dim though. With the books all being like:
>Chaos does something really evil because CHAOS
>Everything is shit and nothing can save the imperium!
>But by the noble sacrifice of a single marine the chaos incursion has been quashed.
>Its ok though chaos fans, it was all part of the plan... somehow.
With no look at individuals, motives or interesting morale choices and consequences... only, war.

Would not play/10

thats fine, I have a brigade of Eldar I can bring too :)

Nice list.

What's his story

Reminder

Squats confirmed.

>mfw the waacfag at my lgs bought 3 stormravens before the errata

How do rock grinders special deploy?
You don't mean cult ambush do you, cos they can't do that.

But yes turn one truck charge sounds hillarious.

>Not realising that 3 stormravens with conscript/Guilliman will destroy you anyway
Dumbass.

Lose a couple of Assassins, and take half a dozen Inquisitors for HQ choices, and you've got a legal list. You'd just need 5 Vanguard detachments.

Ill play you

Aggessors get a lot out of Repulsors. Just getting them to the front line faster.is.very helpful and the transport rules work perfectly for a short range shooting unit like Agressors.

Generally yes, you don't need to randomly just put Intercessors in one.

Very well!

>Implying I'm ever gonna willingly play against him

Damage 2 >> Damage 1d3

would you put the gravis captain with flamestorm aggressors or would that be a waste of the rerolling 1s to hit?

> Be me
> Always picked on in school
> The villiage idiot and outcast
> Grows up to be a moisture farmer on a moon orbiting a dim gas planet
> One night (or morning maybe, they both look the same here) metal boxes scream down through the sky
> Soldiers clad entirely in metal plates, like the ones on the posters but, disturbing...
> They burn, kill and torture all those in their path
> I witness my friends and family die in a salvo of fire
> I try to hide but its no use
> A man, no, a monster with cuts all over his face finds me whimpering in a corner
> He takes me to the others, makes me watch as his comrades kill everyone I know
> I am thrown in a cage and prodded, tested and maimed until I am a shell of the man I once was
> I am now a disfigured and hideous imp in service of a metal-clad monster.

Damage 2 is statistically the same as damage 1d3. Gamewise, one is for gamblers the other not.

Antisemitic meme much?

Yes, kind of a waste. I'd just bring more flamer Aggressors. Would do fine with bolter Agressors though.

Then why were you happy about it if you were never going to play him?

Almost reads like star wars

Damage 2 is much more effective against 2w models while d3 is preferable for 3w

Brain problems

It's fun to watch the WAACfags sperg out over having to change their lists.

Statistically the average person has an ovary and a testicle.

I'll take D2s reliability any day of the week.

Gabe is up on the FW website

Rules are meh, but itll be cool to have a character line for 40k on the same level as the 30k one

You might like 2d more than d3, but would you pay 10 points for it?

They were as DG tended to foootslog, but morty killed all of his bodyguard to summon back one OC, and we presume men walk around in power armour outside of battle which is why they've always been plague marines not plague terminators >normies getting ahold of my resin
Say it ain't so
We'll get new troops, Havics and cult troops user, don't worry
This

most multi-wound models have an even number of wounds

>the fact that you are just cheesing them
What?!?
It's just a list with an excuse to use all the dreadnoughts I've collected over the past 8 years. I'm sure there's an optimized way to do this with like the best weapons that someone could workout with mathhammer, but this is just the guys I have and their loadouts...
What can I do to make it a bit more chill as it's just for a casual mess about.

>denying Minotaurs
Some of the best sculpts are those, ph and Tyberos

no chance in frickin hell

>tfw two more months for more Death Guard

I hope Acolytes can take better armor when they ever make an Inquisition/Imperial Agents codex.

They have all these awesome weapon options but they wear paper.

>two months
>not two weeks
Remind me how much stuff sigmar got during their campaign

>there are little in game tactical decisions that help you win or lose.

Have you considered that maybe you're just an idiot? Or perhaps that you really need to get better maps and terrain, and maybe play some scenarios instead of just gunning for annihilation every time?

Chaos and Grey Knight codexes are supposed to be coming out sometime next month, DG stuff probably isn't gonna release before their codex.

Pay to win.

GW needs to put out more and more bullshit if they are going to keep earning doug.

At least they had some wounds before, now they die in one hit.

So how did the points values change for all the relevant models? Did shit get more expensive? Or cheaper?

>>There are little in game tactical decisions that help you win or lose (with most games coming down to list building and deployment.
8th edition hasnt even truly arrived yet. you're getting the full treatment as the various codices are being released. the new stratagems make the game waaaay more tactical.

that said, even without them, you have plenty of movement-related tactics going on

this, of course every game is going to boil down to a slapfest when you play to table your opponent on a completely barren flat surface

CSM is out on the 5th.

Didn't see any costs increase. Everything either got cheaper or stayed the same.

Just a menial warp spawn servant, in some traitor legions they are called Watchers in the dark.

cheaper. the winners are ironclads, LSS, Droppods (still overpriced though) powerfists (and by extension Tactical Terminators), dadbodmarines, bikers, stalkers, predators

various other shit that i dont remember

Sternguard got one point cheaper

Power fist is 7 points cheaper to help kill Guilliman

Does anyone have a scan or PDF of the marine book yet?

Well, you rig a game when you want a particular result.

to tap into the new edition excitement

Shots fired.

I want to play chaps but all the vanilla CSM models are old and ugly, and the new mono-god factions dont do it for me either. Dont like daemons either

Really hope vanilla CSM get an overhaul soon

>chaps
chaos

It's not, the apple store leak said "pre-order" on the 5th and even then that could be inaccurate. We'll know on Monday.

Eh, they aren't that bad but all aspiring champion heads feel like they are way too big for the model

Good morning Koooooooooonor!

This is your news broadcast for the last 12 hours of the campaign. It's been 24 hours and the Imperium is still holding strong. Unfortunately for us we're seeing Xenos and Chaos attacks rising across the board, with believe it or not the Xenos achieving more than Chaos in some theatres! It's true, traitor forces are taking advantage but in many warzones we're hearing of Xenos attacks breaking the line and Chaos taking advantage of the situation and flooding forwards through the holes in our defenses left behind!

Astaramis itself is still in Imperial control but Chaos and Xenos assaults are taking it's toll. We're looking at a 60/40 split in overall control of the planet.

Taking our usual closer look we can see that overnight Praxima Skyport and the Quintus gate have been battered by repeated heavy attacks, only held back by the bravery of men and women of the Imperial Guard, the Emperor's Angels of Death and the arcane machinery of the Adeptus Mechanicus. We are discouraging the spread of false rumours that Xenos were seen fighting at the side of our heroic defenders.

In a bit of good news, our faith is rewarded as the Saviour's La ding temple district is relatively untouched by fighting overnight and prayers can be heard for miles around, lifting the moral of our soldiers in such dark times. The Emperor truly protects!

This is Konor News at the 24 hour mark, goodbye and good luck out there. Kill some Traitors for us.

Hi, I'm looging for informations about Skyrak Slaughterborn, the leader of BL's Bringers of Decay. Was he originally a Luna Wolves' marine? Are there plague marines that are original BL marines (not mercenaries from other legions, especially Deathguard)? I want to make a pure Black Legion army, without any foreign elements.

I want slick and tactical chaos marines, not stubby retards with giant horns

Plastic Heresy duders are the best bet for now anyway!

>Fulgrim
>Pert
>Angron
>Curze
Only the retards went Chaos.

I told you to stop. Don't force my hand!

jus proxy tacticals and when your opponent starts talking shit yell "HYDRA DOMINATUS" into his face and cut his neck