Age of Sgimar General /aosg/

Kharadron Overlord with Freeguild Allies, edition.

resources
>pastebin.com/Cb3X4ZKW

Core rules
>games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Rules

Skirmish
>mega.nz/#!jMQxCa6C!9TQ324QTcZ7nDJbv2Q7uQ9xg442K-UA-dtK2wTLxFPw

General Handbook
>mega.nz/#!nMpnGQBS!Ew5rz8JMzKi5e7_mtN9nibMGY3UWO5jwOl8DIf9UZ1I

Army builder
>warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/

Custom Warscroll Designer
>runebrush.pa-sy.com/warscroll/

Old thread:

Reposting new teasers for the much anticipates GHB2

GHB2017?
GHB17?
How are we going to abreviate this?

So did Gork and Mork combine into a single God now? (Gorkamorka) 1 god and not two?

trips for satan!

And right now he is 2 gods again. They still refer to him as gorkamorka, but he split when he split from sigmars superfriends

GHB17

>Warscroll Batallion: Bloodtoofs
>Warscroll Batallion: Ironsunz

Know what Age of Sigmar is missing that Fantasy Battles had?
Humor

No stories of guys being burned at the stake for yelling at their cats.
No little blurbs about grots killing dragons because their spikey helmets got them lodged in the dragon's throat and made it choke to death. No maps with Orruk warpaths doing loopdyloops.

Maybe if the game eased up a bit, it'd manage to find some of that charm WFB had.

>Humor

Well, I haven't actuallt read many Battletomes, desu just the Ironjaws one

And that one is full of humor and orkoid (orrukoid?) stupid anecdotes lol

Like when they dress themselves as chaos warriors just for having a fight with the Seraphon. It obviously didn't work, but still.

Sheer ork stupidity and genious at the same time

I don't know how the rest of battletomes handle that, though

>desu

Wait what

How the fuck did i write that

Am I such a weeb I write desu without even realising?

Holy shit I scare myself

>bloody milk reference
>grot choke

Someones been in /wfb/ recently.

Of course. Fantasy Battles is still something I play and love. Why wouldn't I keep an eye on the thread about one of my interests?

I think that the bonesplittaz have a weird thing with seraphon cause all those big beasties poof when they die

Too bad from 6th onward the game turned more serious than a heart attack, right? The only joke was the people who thought 8th edition was good.

>Getting defensive

You do understand that for me to know what's been going on in /wfb/, I must have been in /wfg/ right?

I'm well aware. We don't talk about 8th edition

Yes I do realize. Was my tone too hostile? I'm not trying to convey hostility just stating I go to their threads. Sorry if I rubbed you the wrong way my dude.

Welcome to Veeky Forums

T B H turn into desu, it's the filter.

>Still being passive aggressive.

Its alright. Loving a dead game can get stressful.

Now now, I'm sure GW will see how popular Total War is, and bring back WFB just on that basis. Any day now.

WFB fans are literally the Battleborn fans of wargaming.

I'm legitimately not trying to be aggressive in the slightest, sorry. Maybe I should go to bed if I'm being cranky.

>Battleborn

Showing your age there, grognard.

Uh...what? That game was released last year.Are you okay?

My bad, I read that as Battle of the Planets. Fuck, I need to go to bed.

s.m.h t.b.h f.a.m becomes baka desu senpai

City of Secrets opens with some Freeguild Guards arguing over whether the Stormcast ate cart fulls of meat or just gobbled up lightning from out of the air.

It was a amusing moment and felt quite human.

They all die a chapter later

So much this. The older versions trod the perfect line between grimdark humour and seriousness, like good heavy metal it was self aware. Big part of the reason I collect orcs and goblins is their ridiculous nature. It's just so very serious now, I realise it's the apocalypse and all but lighten up GW.

I have a plan for a conversion I'd like to do. I really want to make a giant disguised as gork/mork but I don't think my painting is good enough for doing bad green war paint which wouldn't just look like a bad paint job.

When orks feel united they fuse into the two-headed god. When orks are infighting they split into Gork and Mork.

The little blurb on the Aetherstrike Force about the stormcast "being gold, and also in the sky" was kinda funny.

Still few and far between though. I can understand some battletomes not having much opportunity to be funny, but Kharadron Overlords have no excuse since GW dwarfs can be comedy gold.

Soon

Yes

Minotaurs wreck shit

seriously what is up with the teaser index from ghb2? almost every elf "mini-faction" is missing from that list. Squatted or a hint at some bigger less tragic ending?

Actually, it's the other way round. It's the gods that influence the orruks. Gorkamorka is just as chaotic as orcs themselves, so there's really no rhyme or reason to how it acts any given day.

I'm amazed at your persistent whining.
GW has a history of ignoring several armies for over a decade. 2 years is fucking nothing in GW time.

What is wrong with GHB2.
Why make this more difficult

oh shove it, you got two dwarf releases and they were one army in WHFB. the three elf armies from whfb have gotten nothing since the game came out.

Those characters were all really likeable. The portrayal of humans fearing stormcast made me appreciate them a lot more lore-wise.

*if they get to attack before being mowed down at range.

A 5+ save against ranged and only 4 wounds means that they get fucked by any gunlines.

They can reliably make 12" charges with their drummer ability

They're mid tier, not high tier

And? They are clearly part of the story line what with Tyrion fucking off to do his thing, but GW nowadays releases new armies either as stand-alone (such as Kharadrons which are not involved in the background too much) or as part of larger plot, and elves do seem like the latter. So you'll have to wait till they want to move forward with the shadow elf storyline

Damn even when there's plenty of content these threads devolve into the same shitflinging. Why does such a good game have such a shitty general?

it's on Veeky Forums

every general except a few are shit

but even then those have shit days too

Yeah I suppose, however so far the excuse was; But user we don't have content to discuss. At the moment there is plenty of content to discuss, but it's still all the usual whining about Elves, edition wars with WHFB and I'm just waiting for cheetah/Slav to pop out of the woodworks.

>"content"

literally a table of contents
there's not even a post today

we already talked about "waaah no talk of TK" "wtf hordes are cheaper" and that's all they showed off really.

That and the open war cards which apparently I'm the only one who gives a shit about

>shit-posting about people not doing what you want them to do

you are the problem.

Sylvaneth used to be Elf Army, so you are wrong on that.

sylvaneth was one ugly model, people didn't play elves because they wanted treezombies you fuck

means elf battletomes are coming soon

This game is not as popular as people like to think. 40kg will have 3-4 generals in the time it takes a single AoSg to have 100 posts.

sylvaneth is missing the critical "elf" component generally agreed is necessary for an army to be considered an "elf army".

Is AoS still base independent?

I found a pretty good deal on a 4000 point army but it's with the old square bases and I want to know if I need to look for round and oval bases.

Wood Elves went nearly 10 years without an update in WHFB. Waiting a year is not hard.

I think round bases are encouraged, but I wouldn't care if all your models were on square bases.
Frankly people who would deny you a game because of that probably aren't worth playing against anyways.

But if you need round/oval bases, amazon has them for cheap.

>expecting people to wait 10 years.
lmfao

>Is AoS still base independent?
Yes to my knowledge.

So I can still rotate my monster to measure distance from the very tip of its 3 inch tail? Thanks, square base users!

I just started porting over my dwarfs finally and I gotta admit I think they look better on round ones. Ya they don't line up which sucks balls becuase that was pretty boss but most of these 8ish models over hang the bases anyways. So it's not a huge deal to me. But ya I wouldn't turn down a game because of square bases

Like with whfb, you have to dig to find it. Each humor piece is like an easter egg. But I agree there could be more.

The main difference I think is when whfb was first created, it had a lot of humor in it, and over time it became more srs bzns. But the humor remained in parts. Like with 40k, which started as sci-fi puns the setting. AoS started as a serious endeavor so it doesn't inherintly have as much humor, but it's still there

Technically in the rules that doesn't work because rotating a model counts as movement. The rules say no part of the model may move more than its movement value. A lot of people ignore that and keep using the same argument like it's an exploit

You're not alone. Honestly. GHB17 looks better than the first one, if anything because there's a lot more meat to it.

OP, where did you get that one.

>The main difference I think is when whfb was first created, it had a lot of humor in it, and over time it became more srs bzns. But the humor remained in parts. Like with 40k, which started as sci-fi puns the setting. AoS started as a serious endeavor so it doesn't inherintly have as much humor, but it's still there
I'd rather say that because WHFB used a lot of historical and literary references it feels pretty grounded, but above that there was a playfulness in the writing in addition to the the fantastical elements.
AoS starts as an over the top caricature of high fantasy that took itself waaay too serious when it came out in spite of being utterly ridiculous from the outside looking in, because it tried to bring the biggest superlatives wherever possible.

WHFB was built on a somewhat serious foundation, due to it's heavy use of real world inspiration. AoS feels a bit like a 5 year old trying to tell a compelling story he is making up on the spot.

>more meat

You caught it.

>thinking 10 years is long
I play SoB

Well, that's fine; I'm not really sure splitting Dwarves into 'naked doozers', 'gattling mustaches', and 'old models we'll squat later' really did all that much for them, either. So it makes sense that the Elves will eventually be 'trees that aren't really elves', 'shadows that aren't really elves', and 'old models we'll squat later'.
They're just taking their time on that middle one. Which is fine by me; Malekith can sit around jerking off to how he got to be important in End Times for a bit longer.

nobody gives a shit

fuck off elffags

So do you guys think that allies will be able to qualify as battleline?

The fluff-bunny in me hopes so because it'll allow for flavourful mixed armies.

But the WAAC-fag in me also hopes so because I can get the cheapest, most points efficient options to my disposal.

>So do you guys think that allies will be able to qualify as battleline?
I hope not

Nobody will bring their own faction battlelines, they'll just min/max and figure out the best cross-faction troop choice

Flavor wise (and historically accurately) I like the idea of bringing in your """allies""" to be the chaff at the front of the horde - makes a lot of sense for many armies (specifically chaos and dest).
Balance wise I hope not, as the most efficient, derpiest shitstains will be the auto-include battleline that most of the armies in a faction feel obliged to use.
I get the impression it's intended to let you splash something interesting, rather than find the math unit that miraculously every single order army has 2 units of.

Let me tell you about our lord and savior, Blazbaros

can't people already do that with Grand Alliance armies?

Just figure out the best troop choice for each category within your grand alliance and min/max.

its already possible, whats different about this?

>no power armor ports

There is a distinct lack of skeletons here

I have two old Bone Giant models, could I use them with my Deathrattle army without any problem, or that's illegal now?

Just run a Grand Alliance Death army and it won't matter. Its not like deathrattle has an allegiance ability or anything

>that things fucking face
It gets me every time and I hate it

Looks cool D:
And welp, thanks, good news I guess

Yeah it's blaz.

He's a deviantartist infamous here on Veeky Forums for doing cheap commissions, churning them out quicker than a slaaneshi follower ejaculates upon penetration, and drawing really buxom and voluptuous women.

I follow him just because I sort of like his style and he sometimes does good work, most of it is drivel though.

The one in particular in the OP was fairly recent, and I and a couple commenters thought it was AoS fan art. But it turns out the guy who commissioned it did it based on a few of his D&D characters. But I think it uncannily looks like a Kharadron Overlord Arkanaut Company member, and the human in the back could be seen as a form of Freeguild Handgunner. Insomuch that I am thinking of a way to do him.

I am thinking of Shadow Warrior bodies and legs, and some human heads, but I'm not sure what to do for the guns. I am looking at 3rd party bits resellers because I really like the look of that gun.

>But I think it uncannily looks like a Kharadron Overlord Arkanaut Company member, and the human in the back could be seen as a form of Freeguild Handgunner.

Literally what I thought lol

they can but they miss out on allegiance abilities

its already a problem, most notably with destruction lists that use thundertusks + goblins/kunnin rukk

the only reason people use that list is because destruction allegiance stuff is overpowered compared to beastclaw allegiance

What even is the Beastclaw allegiance ability anyways?

its a pretty cool mechanic that has to do with the everwinter generating a random effect each turn

but why would you ever use it when you get way more value from having a screen of 60 goblins + fanatics or a kunnin rukk

destruction allegiance is too powerful. WAY too powerful. if it was weaker like Order or Chaos you would see a lot more people running beastclaw or bonesplitterz

can anyone share path to glory pdf?

poor beastclaw, in a way.

>WAACs steal their one good guy to make cheese lists.
>better make thundertusks, stonehorns cost more points.
>so now your army is 2 expensive monsters and bad yetis, bad riders, and bad cats.
>destruction abilities/items absolutely shit on yours
>weak vs hordes, tarpits, and low model count for scoring unit problems
>Announcing Massive Regiments 2017

yhetees are actually pretty good. they die quick but they're fast and they hit hard

hunters are decent. mournfangs arent bad, but overpriced a bit. easy to fix that.

beastclaw being able to bring wizards as allies is a big deal. I think theyre going to nerf destruction allegiance, so beastclaw will run their allegiance with 1-2 wizards as Allies.

I'm pretty sure destruction allegiance was designed as ironjawz to begin with, so they might just end up with it

This man is right. Fear not, hungry huskards. Soon wizards will heed the call of winter, and our mournfang cavalry ogors have agreed to cost less points (or be devoured legs first).

We will smash your armies, devour your meat, our stonehorns will chew through your cities, and we will leave naught but ice and the howl of ghosts in our wake!

I miss playing AOs.
I've moved to a small town and I'm not playing from 6 months.
What changed from then? has the meta shifted?
Also, to satiate my lust for warh I got mysef two box of Nurglins. Are they a better screen unit than plaguebearers? I converted myself a morbidex just for this. Is it effective or a point waster?

General's Handbook 2017 comes out in August so meta will be changing very soon.

Pretty curious about alliances, since you basically can alreday shove mixed armies withing the alliances.
Maybe there'll be a way to have mixed units but keeping the allegiance's traits?
Who cares anyway, I play casual so its going to varely affect me.
Last tournament I dared to enter had like 5 fedora neckbeards and 4 "anonymous mask legion haxx0r"t-shirts.
one guy had an argument because he wanted to spam a special skill over and over and over because "its' not written anywhere I cant".
A guy i fought against yelled and argumented I cast inspiring presence with my warlord and then said "you cant prove you had" while it was literally the only reason i had moved in a certain way
One of the worse experience in this hobby i ever had. never went back there

>started playing AoS because none of the veterans wanted to play it so I ended up having fun with a bunch of newbies
>mfw 8e made some WHFags interested in AoS so now we have to forbear their "muh fantasy blocks of models were better" whining
The last time we played with salty fantasyfags even the LGS manager said we can just tell them to fuck of if we find them too annoying

I had a blast last year going into GW store, because "muh competitive"neckbeards don't go there.
It was full of kids, teens but boy, I had some genuine fun.
Almost no one fucking cared about the meta, or min/maxing. it has been a fantastic experience. the redshirt also was a 1st ed veteran and a very friendly guy so we bonded immediately.
obviously GW cant do nothing right and they closed it down so now the only lgs store is the one filled with waacs and manchildren and i haven't played since

Oh boi, the Start Collecting tournament was the best fuckin thing I have ever done. It was so much fun to see how people were happy and excited woth their tiny forces. Newbies are the best kind of players desu

Ok guys, as I said , the artwork inspired me to try doing a unique unit of freeguild handgunners. So I am milling around some ideas.

I like the shadow warrior bodies and legs and think they would look cool. Then using the grundstok thunderer guns and some bald human heads (likely i will get from a 3rd party) to round it out.

What do you guys think?

sounds really good.
How will you paint em?