What do you do with the superplus of supersoldiers once the war is over?

What do you do with the superplus of supersoldiers once the war is over?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JrQv3fp4wAs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Start another one.

depends on the type of supersoldier

It is every citizen's final duty to go into the tanks.

use them as propaganda pieces in a reality tv show.

Hopefully you have something like the Peace and Truce of God policy to stop them from killing everyone and just go to church. Or maybe you can do what the Chinese and Japanese did with their elite mounted guys and just make them homosexuals who are into poetry.

internal policing, humanitarian aid, relief service, celebrity advertising, retained for special forces use, special class to integrate into society, TV show host, etc.

there are a million and one uses for a very strong, very fast person

They're perfect for exploration teams: able to react to unexpected threats, adapt to new circumstances, and, most importantly, they THINK BEFORE ACTING!

Send them build superprojects

Find work for them, and support.
Construction work on the monuments to their glory. Relief aid, peacekeeping, firefighting, exploration.

So long you ensure they can get further education, and job training in a relevant field, it really doens't matter.
Unless we are talking Ubers, in which case there is a huge need for field engineers.

Man, I'm so glad Siegfried is dead. And that he died the way he did.

This.
Though I'd probably set them to work on rebuilding/repairing infrastructure right after the war. Helps ease them back into society, and improves our economy. Win-win.

Make them super athletes, duh

If Uncle Stalin can die, i think we are set for a Happy Suffering postwar in Uber.

Code in a way to make them be able to go into hibernation. Fucking off until the next war, shit wont even be that hard since they are super soldiers, just don't make their bodies eat their own muscles like ours retardedly does.

Remove the cowardly pathetic leaders currently in power and put the ubermensch in control

Kill them all and then tell the people they died in battle.

What sort of super soldier? Are we talking Captain America-style where they're just dudes with maxed out physical abilities? There are tons of opportunities for them once they reintegrate to civilian life However, said reintegration is always an issue, and super soldiers with PTSD would be a nightmare. Are we talking bred-for-battle abominations whose brain chemistry was genetically altered towards RIP AND TEAR? Ya dun goofed; you'll likely need to kill them off or--if it's possible with the setting's tech--stick them in stasis until the next time the world goes tits up. Are we talking normal dudes jam-packed full of military-grade cybernetics? Maybe replace them with civilian variants?

They're broken goods and unless another war starts right away, they should be discarded. New soldiers will take their place for future conflicts.

There was a Star Trek episode where the government tried to just shove them onto a convenient nearby moon, but the super soldiers broke out and demanded their rights.

So, don't do that.

I know you want to be edgy, but that's the dumbest bullshit possible, kid. When something pops off you can't just pull the reactionary force from nothing unless you want the force to be shit and incompetent.

>War
>Over

Not very familiar with history I see.

I, too, send 100% of my military force to a single conflict. There are no reserves, no planetary defense fleets and no ongoing training regiments.

I'm not even sure what you're trying to argue here. What do you think combatants that stay in a military after enough years instead of leaving do?

>superplus of supersoldiers
>supersoldiers

supersoldiers aren't regular people. They're human weapons, hell, they're not even human - just weapons.

Depends on the setting, compadre.

>tfw made a DH campaign out of this premise translated into 40k and it got derailed because of terminal autism from 2 of my players.

this. Classic answer to the problem by the military industrial complex.

Depends on the setting. My current fantasy campaign has an order of Dragonslayers dating back centuries, but there aren't any dragons any more, so they've become a combination of a merchant guild (Since the vast majority of the setting's master craftsmen joined up during the dragon wars, and the system self-perpetuated) and sheriffs-at-large (Since they were the largest organization of soldiers in the setting and had nothing to do).

Why not just keep them in the military? Nations have full-time soldiers even when they're not at war.

Ignore them and any medical issues, psychological problems or physical disabilities (from increased size, injuries sustained in combat etc) they got during their service or got from their augmentations, just like real governments do. They did their job, now we don't need them anymore.

Explain plz

Black Ops Special Forces
Integrated into the Standing Military Forces
Reintegrated into civilian life

Raiding

So, I'm not much of a 40k guy, but I am the forever DM of our group. And I've got these two 40k fans who constantly agitate for DH games and then whine when I don't make it lore appropriate to satisfy their autism.

But anyway, you have this planet, a normal, temperate world, a couple of ad-mech shrines, but nothing major. And it got attacked by orks. Big response, Astartes, guard, you name it, they beat up the orks, but don't completely wipe them out, and then pull out to more pressing wars. The PDF was expected to handle the remainder, but PDF being PDF, they sucked at it.

The main plot thread, and what the PCs were tasked to investigate, was that the ad-mech looked the other way while the planetary governor used some chemicals from the shrines (stuff normally used in making Skitarii) to augment a bunch of the PDF guys. This worked, in the sense that it finally put down the Orks, but then the PDF was starting to act up since they can't really regulate the aggression boosting chemical crap that got shunted into their system.

It was a good game, or so I thought, but Wingus and Dingus kept bitching about how awful it was that you had an underhanded governor who wasn't a Tzeenchian pawn.

If human, cryostasis until next war
If robot, scarpyard

Jesus Christmas, not every underhanded individual in 40k needs to be working for the big blue birb. Tell your players some anonymous faggot thinks they're stupid and gay.

WOW what assholes. That's a cool plot and I'm gonna steal it. Thanks for sharing.

Depends on how they are built. Are they genetically Engineered superhuman? If so you might have a problem when they get back and realize how much better they are at your job.

Were they raised in the war? Did they have lives beforehand? All this can rapidly change the best way to go about it. If they are just bred only for war though then I would normally say the best way would be to freeze them or to stick some form of coding in their brain to allow you to give them orders to stand down.

This is very optimistic. People whose entire lifetime career is murder, murder, and more murder tend to murder first and then interrogate the corpses for answers. Not out of panic but out of habit.

You need to retrain them first.

True, and yet there are very few settings in which supersoldiers can stop being super soldiers. They'll have their abilities until the day they'll die. Going back to civilian life is difficult enough for modern soldiers, how can you consider customer service when you can literally squash somebody like a bug?

Remind them that people don't need to sell their souls to be assholes or just stupid.

Hell, he doesn't even really sound either of those, just kind of desperate and trying to fix things on his world with what he has available.

Well, one story I've been on-again, off-again working on is about a former supersoldier turned civilian; it's a mid-future cyberpunk story where the point of view character joined a PMC, got super-augmented with robot arms and all sorts of stuff; when she retired there was a slow re-learning rpocess as her mods were dropped down to civilian (but still above-average) levels. The story itself is supposed to be a mix between her doing stuff in the modern day with her loving husband and two children as a framing device for flashbacks to her time in war, but I'm afraid to do much writing or sharing with it because 'kickass empowered woman retires after finding husband' is probably sexist, even if it's supposed to be a 'war sucks but love is great' moral.

You were supposed to be our father. We loved you...

What exactly to do with all your trained slightly mentally damaged killers is a crisis every nation faces after a war.

when the question is about super soldiers, the answer is clear

THE MOST BOMB ASS FUCKING PRODUCTION OF INTERGALACTIC GLADIATORS EVER FUCKING SEEN

TWO MOTHERFUCKERS NAMED TURBO AND NITRO JOUSTING ON TOP OF SPIRES WITH FOAM PADDED QUARTERSTAVES FUCK YEAAAHH

Or you could deactivate your bots and put them in a facility for the next war. It would be a whole lot easier to just re-oil their joints and check their circuits for damage than it would be to build a whole new batch of super-bots.
If they are crappy mass production drones you scrap them like the USA does with a ton of our equipment and produce fresh ones later.

This guy had his limbs removed and his internal structure heavily modified so he could interface more effectively with a MEC suit. He now requires regular maintenance in order to function as an individual.

A Spartan or Space Marine is one thing. This guy? I'd like to see how he'd reintegrate.

Forgot pic

Tell your players they re faggots

Well this is america so he can pull himself up by his harness straps like everyone else and get a job as a backpack

Thats a really great plot user and your players are faggots. It is so refreshing to encounter something that isn't BUT IT WAS SECRETLY CHAOS ALL ALONG

Many of the original episodes are on youtube. It's so 90's it hurts.

youtube.com/watch?v=JrQv3fp4wAs

They're locked in for the forever war at that point.

Either retained by X-COM going on an interstellar offensive, or gov'ts come in to claim property

I've only been horrified by a game once in my life. X-com enemy unknown made me stop, push back in my chair, and consider what I'd done when I sent a man in to become a MEC.

Lieutenant Cluggans was my best man, out on injury in the medbay. I figured that I could save time by sending him to get operated on rather than put another soldier out for a while. Poor guy was just getting a fractured leg treated and woke up without any limbs. He looked so pissed. I didn't understand what they were going to to do him, I just thought he'd get a neural link and a power armor suit or something. And then I just sat there thinking about how he's going to have to deal with those crappy metal arms and legs for the rest of his life. Every moment he's not in battle, his limbs will have no dexterity, low control, and be nasty looking spindly things.

Clugans remained my best man. He was the first to Colonel, the first to 100+ kills, and fought in the final battle. But I just couldn't shake the feeling that he was a ruined man. MEC troopers have cold and rather emotionless lines in combat. They just go out there and killl; it's their only purpose.

>It was a good game, or so I thought, but Wingus and Dingus kept bitching about how awful it was that you had an underhanded governor who wasn't a Tzeenchian pawn.
40kids.

Ruining their own hobby one day at a time.

Shen makes a point of saying just how much we owe everyone who gets the surgery. They may be some of the most effective units in the game, but they pay for it.

My headcanon is that, after the war, my Commander made sure every single one of them got the mother of all retirement plans, with every comfort they could ask for til the day they die.

>My headcanon is that, after the war, my Commander made sure every single one of them got the mother of all retirement plans, with every comfort they could ask for til the day they die.

Well, until the ADVENT took over.

Mechtroopers and MELD don't exist in the ADVENT canon. The invasion failed before they could be developed.

So when you say fans, you mean insufferable gits who like playing super easy Where's Waldo and get offended when Waldo-capable spaces do not contain sufficient Waldos.

Get them to man the Wall until they all die off.