Warhammer 40k gets a Yugioh-like anime

Warhammer 40k gets a Yugioh-like anime.

what would the main character's army be?

the antagonist's army?

Sidekick's?

Rival's?

>what would the main character's army be?
Oc undivided space marines
the antagonist's army?
Oc chaos space marines
Sidekick's?
Forces of the Imperial
Rival's?
The four aspects of chaos and xenos

So an Inquisitor with an artefact that has a perpetuals soul in it that possess him to play children's card games? And it's settra from fantasy? sure.

If we follow the yugi-oh template, the main character and rival should have dark and light themed factions respectively, with a duality to them (see dark magician /blue eyes white dragon). However, he protagonist also needs themes ofor compassion and friendship, while the rival needs ruthlessness.

Since they're going to be the poster boys, they both need posterboy armies, ie space marines.

For protagonist, I would recommend Salamanders or lamenters, as both have strong compassionate overtones, with fire and darkness and a cursed destiny respectively to fit the dark theme.

The rival should probably play either marines malevolent (need I say more?) or minotaurs, for that anti-space marine edge to give the protagonist the underdog vote.

>Yugioh-like anime.

/thread

Most definitely Space Marines
>the antagonist's army?
I feel like the "mid-boss" antagonists would be chaos of different flavors. However, the BIG antagonist always has to be some sort of creepy bishounen, and the only thing a creepy bishounen can use in a 40k-game-world-anime would be Dark Eldar with Harlequin allies "oh, you didn't know about the alliance rules... hohoho, let me explain them to you, while my harlequins laugh at you."
>Sidekick's?
Impguard. The character would also be a stereotypical american parody
>Rival's?
I feel like Orks. The rival should be overagressive, but not evil about it, he just loves fighting and competition.... that would make a good rival.

Sidekick needs an army that compliments the protagonist, whilst also being the underdog to the protagonist. IG are perfect for this role, with an infantry/light vehicles emphasis to really contrast with the protagonists heavy hitters.

Villain needs a strong theme for their character that carries across to their army. If they're megalomaniacal, a CSM army with a suped-up Chaos Lord would be ideal, providing a a great set up for a "No! ...Impossible!" Moment when his self insert Chaos Lord bites the dust.
If they're gloating and sadistic, a Dark Eldar army, with rules such as power through pain, will allow the villain to constantly turn the tables on the protagonist and allow for the expositionary gloats that anime villains love so much.

>The rival should be overagressive, but not evil about it, he just loves fighting and competition.

Interesting that we went for two different interpretations of the rival archetype; the hot-headed, good natured rival a la the pokemon series, or the recurring secondary villain type I assumed in

I drew for fun (and because is kind of a joke we do in beetween friends) a little comic based just on that, a school where playing 40k is considered a super sport of sorts
it had
>Stereotypical animu goodie good protagonist who played space marines (ultra)
>His best friend who always loses but he keeps going as he plays cadian imperial guard
>the stuck up and femminist girl who play sororitas
>a loli playing tyranids... and all her minions/fanboys gsc players
>the silent and socially awkward girl playing DKK
>a nerd playing thousand sons costantly in competition with a space wolf jock

sometimes its fun to just go full cliché just for the sake of it

And occasionally they have a sidetrack episode of a Tau player who takes himself way to seriously and puts way to much though into his 'competitive army' but who get BTFO by an Ork player who just plays for fun

"As you can see Gutstompa-kun, you have been perfectly enveloped by my strategically maneuvered stealth suits, ghostkeel, and riptide. You may as well give up now." *glasses glint*

>Fighta-bomba crashes into ghostkeel and explodes, destorying the stealth suits. Freeing the way for the warboss to crump the Tau Commander

"Not again!" *a single bead of sweat comes appears on his face*

Gave me a sensible chuckle

I for one would love to watch the adventures of Inquisitor Kaiba

"Guardsmen!"
"Y-yes Inquisitor?"
"Your stance is sloppy, your grip on your lasgun is loose, you've slept five minutes longer then allowed and you were seen mumbling to yourself. Explain now!"
"W-*BLAM*

>anime
main character uses tau because mecha space samurai
antagonist uses imperium because evil corrupt westerners. there'll be a scene where a Trump analogue pees his pants to show how weak and cowardly westerners are, and probably a farsight mini spin off.

Principle, necrons
Gym teacher, orks

Is there any anime about wargaming?

>MC
Ultramarine scout poster boy
>Nemesis
Word Bearer aspiring sorcerer with maniacal laughter and retarded comic-relief cultists
>Sidekick
Goofy Imperial Fist that's loyal to the death
>Bromance rival
Alpha Legion loner that's constantly trying to one-up the hero
>Love interest
Dark Angel neophyte with a perky butt and devilish smile, kind of a tease

>bandit Keith
>imperial knights

Man, I wish Rainbow Warriors had more love along with the Valedictors.

Also making the former more Aztec.

I think he meant a Yu-Gi-Oh anime in that it's an anime about people who play 40k, not in the 40k universe.

So it turns out 40k was played by ancient Celts in Nottingham, and a young Ork player communes with the spirit of a Cockney druid who teaches him to believe in the heart of the dice

Space Marines.

>the antagonist's army?

Chaos.

>Sidekick's?

Imperial Guard.

>Rival's?

An edgier variety of Space Marines.

>Keith
>Not Catachan

>Bloody Magpies and Thousand sons, old and new
Nice reference.

Ultramarines

>the antagonist's army?
Black Legion

>Sidekick's?
Other 1st Founders, maybe an Imperial Guard for good measure

>Rival's?
Craftworld Eldar and Harlequins.

This is the only thing GW would allow.

Grey Knights for Kaiba and Harlequins for Pegasus are both so perfect I can't believe I didn't of them myself.

You're 50 years late gramps.