pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

dmsguild.com/product/215595/Monsters-of-the-Orient-Complete-Bestiary
dmsguild.com/product/215866/Tome-of-Adventures
dmsguild.com/product/210151/Critter-Compendium
dmsguild.com/product/215639/Specialty-Priests-of-Faerun
mega.nz/#!XU4Rgb4S!6N0rvBs3pSlftxx_-g5DkTAwWmtyWxSwfB9ppWJPSrk
dmsguild.com/product/187619/Spell-Sheets--MPMBs-fullyautomated-Printer-Friendly-version
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>doesn't post there's new bread
>doesnt have a question

Dammit user.

Oh well.

It could have been worse, he could have opened with a shitty anime picture. Thank the dice gods we have more class than that.

Finally reached level 8, taken the polearm mastery feat for my vengeance pally.

/5eg/ I need help. I want these PDFs from dmsguild but I'm a poorfag
dmsguild.com/product/215595/Monsters-of-the-Orient-Complete-Bestiary
dmsguild.com/product/215866/Tome-of-Adventures
dmsguild.com/product/210151/Critter-Compendium
dmsguild.com/product/215639/Specialty-Priests-of-Faerun

I offer you something I scavenged from here before, also from dmsguild. Bunch o' ravenloft monsters
mega.nz/#!XU4Rgb4S!6N0rvBs3pSlftxx_-g5DkTAwWmtyWxSwfB9ppWJPSrk

Does the Lizardfolks armour ability stack with the Barbarians Unarmoured Defense for a total of AC13+Dex+CON?

No. AC is calculated by only one method at a time.

This is one of the more common questions in FAQ but the admins stated that anything that calculates AC or instances of unarmoured defence don't stack. So you can't use the natural armour feature with the unarmoured defence trait RAW.

If you aren't playing AL or other official play though your DM might allow it if you ask nicely

Does the fact that Mage Hand has verbal components mean that an Arcane Trickster hiding in the shadows has to speak an incantation out loud to use the Mage Hand Ledgermann?

That seems very counterproductive, given what he's expected to be doing with that Mage Hand.

>didn't link new thread in the old thread

Are you actually fucking retarded?

I never understood why verbal components would reveal you. Like, why can't you just whisper it?

Thanks for the quick response!

Roll a stealth check to not be heard.

Hey, I've made this

In what you could call the "lore" of DnD, you have to speak the words loudly and clearly to set "mystical vibrations" in place or something.

I generally just allow my players to roll Sneak or Deception vs Perception to attempt it.

Can one player ruin a game?

Long story short, I've been running a game for two weeks - and I offered someone who's a really sweet guy but v awkward to join our group, mostly because I thought it'd be good for him.

I'm now having second thoughts purely from the standpoint that 1) the other players might hate him, 2) he's more interested in the possibility of social interaction than the game itself. I'm willing to be the dick and make up some reason why he can't join now, but I'm also willing to make it work because I do genuinely think it'd be good for him.

Ultimately my single concern is this: can someone ruin a game just by being awkward? He's not a furry, is not mean or rude, and I currently only have like 3 PCs anyway. Ultimately, my priority is to keep the game afloat and not have it dissolve. Anyone have stories of a single player ruining a game?

Hey annons
Can I ask for a specific picture that was posted here?
It was armored knights standing next to an APC and lady in Victorian looking dress

A single player can ruin a game, but I don't see how an awkward person will ruin it. Worst case I expect them to do mostly nothing for a couple of games then stop coming

Question. I am playing an Eldritch Knight for the first time, but I'm having trouble deciding on useful spells to pick. I've played full casters before, so being so limited in my options and spell slots feels really detrimental in combat, but t his could just be because I'm not used to this archetype.
What are good possible ways to play an Eldritch Knight with a Greatsword and Great Weapon fighting? I did pick Absorb Elements and Shield.

there's a spell sheet version of the character sheet.
you can get it yourself here
dmsguild.com/product/187619/Spell-Sheets--MPMBs-fullyautomated-Printer-Friendly-version

I only downloaded the mystic one but they look pretty good

Forgot to mention, I'm level 4.

>Can one player ruin a game?

This answer to this is always yes

>I'm now having second thoughts purely from the standpoint that 1) the other players might hate him, 2) he's more interested in the possibility of social interaction than the game itself.

Will your friends hate a shy/awkward person JUST for being shy/awkward? If so they are dicks. The second point is more concerning, make sure he actually wants to play the game, because no matter how likeable a person is if they aren't interested in the game and distract the other players from it then everyone will suffer.

>He's not a furry, is not mean or rude

He should be fine then. I've had "awkward" players ruin games but it was only because they were rude and inconsiderate to other players by invading personal space, yelling about pointless shit in the game, and stealing people's snacks. Awkwardness is only bad when it's used as a crutch for shitty behavior.

Whoops, forgot to actually reply to

Am I reading it right that darkvision in the Underdark is considered dim light and imposes disadvantage on perception?

Help me, Veeky Forums, you're my only hope!

I need character for tomorrow and i am split between several options: War/tempest cleric or devotion paladin? The only other player is rolling halfelf wild sorcerer.

Pic somewhat related, i wanna be a dwarf.

One player can definitely ruin the game. But i don't think being awkward is that dangerous. (Obviously: Some people, are awkward at the beginning, but turn in assholes later.)

>1) the other players might hate him
What do the other players think about it? Is there reason to hate him? Does he smell or something?

Not just in the Underdark. Darkvision turns total darkness into dim light and dim light into bright light.

Or you could just not be retarded and assume the trait that evolved specifically to help drow survive in the Underdark actually HELPS THEM SURVIVE IN THE UNDERDARK.

Figured as much.

There's no need to be severely autistic.

The sword-swingy cantrips Greenflame Blade and Booming Blade synergize with the class features you'll get later that involve cantrips. Shield is the obvious one to take, but you already have it. Other spells that don't key off of your Int at all are Sleep, Alarm, and Magic Missile. Find Familiar is complete cheese, especially if your DM ks a pushover and lets your familiar help you with every single attack and check. Mending constantly comes in handy, to the point where you can take a campaign totally off the rails in the right situation.

How is common fucking sense autism? Is it less autistic to play some weird lawyer'y interpretation of the rules that goes completely against the flavor of context of what it should be doing?

For Cantrips, Frostbite from PotA and Booming Blade from SCAG are the go-to options for EK.

Can vampires be bankers?

You mean something like they can actually see something in TOTAL FUCKING DARKNESS? I bet that DOES help them A LOT.

Word up. Okay, I'll bring him in. He's definitely not a dick. He was just kind of bullied throughout high school and I'm worried some players at the table might like, resent his presence, because it makes them insecure that they might not be cool.

They woukd have difficulty operating during normal business hours.

On the bright side, being mortgage lenders would complicate the matter of who has the right to invite them into a home..

What the goddamn fuck are you blathering about?

Lol

>he's more interested in the possibility of social interaction than the game itself
I've noticed a increase in this behaviour over the years, new players being introduced to D&D through popular media just aren't interested in actually playing a game, they increasingly want to just LARP or play freeform. It's driving away a lot of the older players who want to go back to the glory days of 3.5e's strategic combat.

Well I did take Booming Blade, but why frostbite?
Never really used a familiar before. What's their uses? They don't look like they'd be all that great in a fight. My Eldritch Knight has decent enough WIS and INT scores to be doing out of combat things, so I have that part covered.

Familiars can't attack, but they are expendable and perfectly innocuous flying scouts that basically make the rogue obsolete. And unless your DM shuts that cheese down, they can take the Help action in combat.

Frostbite has a range of 60 feet so you're not boned when something is flying and it imposes disadvantage on the enemy's next weapon attack which helps with being the supertank EKs are so perfectly suited for.

Well it would if you remember that infravision is what drows originaly had and it was folded into darkvision with new editions

>Be Cleric/Sorcerer playing SKT
>DM is adding his own content to the game to expand it, pretty damn good actually
>Walking along, come across a hill giant
>It wants to eat the party elf (monk)
>Say no
>It'll trade us a shiny for her
>Has a magic glow
>Party deliberates
>Trade paladin's Find Steed for the shiny
>Sorry horse
>Find out it's a +2 longsword, paladin takes it
>He sits there, thinking, he's specced as a PAM
>Party barb is also polearms
>Party warlock doesn't want it
>Ask if I can have it

And that's how I'm going to Booming Blade all the things.

Also you can strap acid, alchemist fire, unstable magic items, and other volatile explosives to them.

It's definitely a thing. Hell, it's why I got initially interested. It went Community episode -> Fire Emblem Awakening -> Critical Role -> one of my friends bringing me into his game. My first character was Walter White as a dwarf.

And now I'm GM'ing and trying to emphasize combat strategy! See, cancer can be good sometimes.

Previous editions don't matter. But if you really want to bring that up, drow have some incentive to use real light in both old and new editions. In 3rd-5th real light lets them see more clearly and in color. In previous editions real light let them see much more clearly and allows them to do things like read books and navigate in hot or lifeless places, because infravision could only see heat.

I've rolled a lawful good monk, party is mostly chaotic neutral.

Am I being "that guy" if I go tell a shopkeep that the others have been shoplifting from him and selling the goods for profit?

You became That Guy the moment you decided to roll a character fundamentally opposed to the rest of the party.

No John, you're in a party of that guys

nobody cares

my question is why a Chaotic Neutral would even be shoplifting while within sight of the Lawful Good in the first place.

I'd go Cleric. Paladin being a high damage Cha caster might overlap too much with a Sorcerer.

Answer the fucking question, you fucking autist, there's no need to pitch a screaming autistic fit.

How would you play a CN character?
This is aside from the question above.

You posted this last thread already. No one is gonna give you your shit ass pdfs.

Why don't you go get a fucking job or kill yourself faggot.

anyone?

Check their strength score and maybe also take their size into account. You don't want to get in a Monty Python style argument with your DM about the carrying capacity of small birds.

Someone who will sometimes challenge tradition for its own sake, not because it promises any benefit for himself or for others.

You're trying to spring a "blood bank" pun on your players, aren't you

I like your style

There's something about the "When Armies Clash" ruleset that I don't entirely understand. When trying to simulate battles, the smallest possible "pieces" on the board other than solos are stands, right? And multiple stands make a unit, right? And if a unit takes damage exceeding one (or multiple) stands, it loses that stand (or those stands), right?

What happens if a stand makes it through the battle with half of its hp left? Does that mean the stand has half of its soldiers left? Or is there simply no middle ground between a stand losing all of its men and a stand losing none of its men?

I didn't know ahead of time. I'm the only good character and everyone else is on neutral spectrum.
If they're all that guy and I'm not, have I become their that guy?
They're not shoplifting in front on my character but did end up offering me gold from profits, which I declined.

Might as well continue this circlejerk...

Maybe because characters dont have giant signs over their heads indicating what alignment they belong to?

But I agree that his party is retarded for picking CNs, he himself retarded for going against them all, and the DM an incompetent imbecile force allowing and or emphasizing alignment bullshit.

if you actually read your picture you would see that the pfg topic is destroying the narrative you are setting here.

>it's a redditor shits up the thread episode

I'll check some of the other sites (wizchan maybe).

I like to make a personal rule that if I make a neutral or evil character, to go Neutral Evil. It seems to be the most flexible of the more dickish alignments, as they are just extremely selfish and do things that would benefit themselves mostly.

Then while it's not your fault, it's advisable to confer with your DM about switching to a character that better fits with the rest of the group.

>Energy Immunity (7 psi; conc., 1 hr.). As an action, you can touch one creature and give it immunity to acid, cold, fire, lightning, or thunder damage (your choice), which lasts until your concentration ends.

I'm playing my Immortal Mystic like Alex Mercer with brain powers and a GOO theme, so for most abilities I'm shapeshifting fitting things. For this I'd be doing fitting mutations, but could use ideas for some if you'd like to be helpful.

>Acid- Carapace with a glossy sheen that acid can't burn through
>Fire- Some kind of heat sinks?
>Cold- A big poofy fur coat maybe?
>Lightning- A thick rubbery skin/shell
>Thunder- I got nuthin

>When's the last time you saw someone play a handbook race instead of a special snowflake
>Destroying the narrative of Pathfinder being a bunch of magical realm anime shit.

U wot m8?

what game is that

>haha all pathfinder guys just wanna play catfolk and anime girls
>thread topic and discussion actively opposing it

ENLARGE

One sane person in a community of garbage doesn't make the community garbage, especially when the sane person is expressing exasperation at the community being garbage and how common the shit is.

Anyone know of any solid resources for making dungeon puzzles?

We've all heard of the fastball special, and any game with a big throwy guy and a small fighty guy have tried to do it. How do you handle this maneuver, mechanically, in battle? How have you seen other people handle it?

Also: what are some other interesting co-op maneuvers concocted by your players? I had two work together to cast Heat Metal on a thrown knife on mid-air so that it stuck itself in an enemy at red-hot temperatures.

*not garbage

>Can one player ruin a game?
Absolutely. The game I'm in is being effectively ruined by one player. There's some secondary aspects that are influencing it, but the crux of the issue is one single person.

I can get into stories, but its just going to sound like several simultaneous neckbeards.

What you're talking about is a dude that's super awkward. Why is he so awkward? Can you have a conversation with him ahead of time about the awkwardness? Can you talk to the players about it and be like "Hey this dude is interested in joining the game, he's really awkward, would you be okay trying it out?" Can you schedule something social that's *not* the game with the dude? Like - "hey lets meet up at my place and we can hang out for a bit and see if people get along?"

By RAW it still helps them survive in the Underdark - they can actually see, but they don't have perfect vision in the dark.

Forgot a picture.

What kind of voice does a lizardfolk have?

Deep and raspy? Should I exaggerate S sounds?

Yeah... Sounds reasonable. I guess my monk is going to have to leave on a journey of self discovery or lose their moral conviction.

Improvised weapon range, thrower makes the attack roll, ball can use his reaction to add weapon damage/ not take damage.

Please do get into stories :3

Depends how your lizardmans are built, mine are all bigly yuge and as such sound like Dragons from Skyrim, namely Paarthunax.

In my experience, Chaotic Neutral needs to be followed the way you'd tell someone NOT to play True Neutral.

When people see True Neutral they think "lol balance in things so I'm chaotic evil today and lawful good the next". This would be an example of a character actually believing they're True Neutral and it's right to do this, in a kind of philosophical sense. It's dumb as fuck.

With Chaotic Neutral however, play it as philosophical. Have him follow chaos, for the sake of chaos. Not in the "I'm going to burn down this city" way.

But he actively takes a realistic view on how to make a lawless world more likely. Be it helping a revolution or disrupting ancient traditions for the sake of proving they're outdated.

Just remember that Chaos and change is his belief, and while he's likely to work towards it he won't suicidally act on it 100% of the time and can still play nice.

Okay, I suppose. To set everything up before hand and to head off any "WHY THE FUCK"; our DM was/is a social worker fellow. He worked for a local group where their mandate was helping people with intellectual disabilities integrate into the community, and helping those who have 'aged out' of social care/foster care, but haven't really been able to integrate into the community.

When he started DMing for us, he was living with his (charge?), as the dude was a room mate. He kept having to cancel sessions because the room mate being a disaster, and eventually folded the room mate into the campaign so that he could reliably show up and keep things going.

Dude is, apparently, one of the dudes who grew up in extremely negligent and abusive foster care.

FUN TIMES THAT IS HIM:
>Absolutely no concept of bodily hygiene. We have resorted to making sure DM reminds him to shower, because he gets rank.
>Has some mobility issues, so he .. Apparently needs to sprawl out and take up 2-3 times the space of anyone else. He will, and does, end up sticking his bare feet in peoples faces occasionally.
>Jokingly threaten animals around him. A lot. We've got him to tone this down at least, after "I swear to god if you threaten to kill my cat one more fucking time you're gone."
>Make really fucking random sexist/racist/whatever-the-fuck jokes that don't actually have a punchline or humor. We've gotten him to tone this down.

Fundamentally gamewise, though:
>Has absolutely no idea how the fuck his Monk works. Absolutely no idea what anything does. Literally every single turn, asks what he can do, how to do it, what to roll, and takes forever.
>Never marks down any changes to his sheet. We end up keeping track of his HP/Resource spending, because otherwise he will just burn it forever. He has constantly lost gold because he never marks down gold.
>Characters name is flat out "Whyguy", has absolutely no background, interaction, or anything like that

To put it bluntly, yes.

>Not that it matters if he doesn't have any background, because if we stop fighting, he immediately starts shouting "LETS KILL THINGS!". Like, legit, shouting. If we start having an IC discussion, he screeches "LOOOOUUUUUUD NOOOOOOISES".
>He tries to burn literally everything. This is his only character trait. "I like to murder and burn". And by anything, I mean, "What do you do during your downtime in this town?" "I try to set buildings on fire." ... "As you leave tow-" "I run back and set the town on fire."
Hell, at one point, we were on a flotilla-city, basically, and his immediate reaction was "I SET THE BOATS ON FIRE"
>The entire group has to constantly just sit there and shut down his 'ideas' and hurry us along to whatever is happening next, as if we meander it just breaks down further. This has started to mean we are rail roaded, *hard*.
>Constantly openly asks to be praised for any contributions that he does. He does *not* like anyone else getting the spot light, under any circumstance. If someone does, he immediately ties to redirect it to him.
>If anyone does anything he deems "cool", he must "out-cool it". You took a trophy? WHILE I TAKE A BIGGER TROPHY. You play music? WHILE I CAN DO IT BETTER. Constantly trying to one up, whether or not this makes any character sense or anything else.
>Constantly belittling other PC's over perceived 'failures'. In one session, we were given a McGuffin, which the rogue promptly stored in a bag of holding, and when we were trying to leave (while the rest of the party was escorting him), an orphan somehow snuck by all of us, without any rolls, and pulled the McGuffin *through* the bag of holding, since "all the orphans in this city have a magic that let them do this". Blatant DM fiat, an absurd amount of bullshit, but we are pretty sure the DM just forgot we had a bag of holding and went "oh shit wait". Regardless, he constantly bugs the rogue OUT OF CHARACTER, about "having stuff stolen from him".

Fallen Monks are always fun as shit. The real trick is what fuels his Ki rather then discipline.

If you haven't chosen a Path yet, then maybe take Shadow and make it a divinely inspired choice to become less lawful?

>Constant meta-gaming. Literally every time he hits anything, he goes "Is it dead now?"; when it turns out its not dead, he always asks how much HP it has. After he figures that out, he goes back on his phone and stops paying attention until its his turn again, at which point we have to wait for him to figure out how to play his character again.
>Constantly states other PC's are doing something on his behalf. Like, when we came across a puzzle "Okay this PC is going to do this and this PC will do this and I'll do this".
>Constantly trying to steal shit from other characters, whether or not it makes any sense, or whether or not his character can even use it. If his character cannot use it, and he doesn't try to steal it, he will inevitably try to make us sell it.
>In essence the crux of the above is "he constantly treats the game as if its a single player game where we are there to facilitate his personal adventure."

I have a strong feeling I'll remember more of what, specifically, he does, but for the most part its just he is a constant strain on the group that forces us to avoid any roleplaying, necessitates rollplay, and forces railroading the party to try and corral him.

The women in the group do not want to kick him out, because apparently it's something he looks forward to every week, is one of *the only things* he looks forward to, gets him out and being social and interacting, and he is making a lot of personal strides and improvements as a result.

Personally, I don't particularly enjoy having what should be an enjoyable outing be essentially unpaid volunteer work to facilitate an experience / a place to grow, for this jackass.

Though I might just mark it down as "volunteer work" in the future, at this rate.

Why do so many people hate Dragonborn? I started playing DnD since 4e and never found them intrusive or immersion breaking. I'm not even a furry. Does /5eg/ just have a kneejerk reaction to anything remotely furry? Is it because the females have tits?

Kinda nice of you to do that for him, user.

>because apparently it's something he looks forward to every week
His enjoyment shouldn't come at the cost of others. I'm not sure how you're still hanging around that because that sounds like pure hell.

Half-Dragon races opens up the floodgates to half-cat races, half-wolf races, half-you get the picture.

Any race that's just "Human BUT WITH ANIMAL TRAITS" is kinda shit, fetish pandering and fur fetishes aside. And 9/10 times it comes off as "Humans, BUT BETTER!" anyway.

so it is /5eg/'s kneejerk reaction to anything remotely furry

thanks for confirming that for me.

Listen, do you want to become /pfg/?

They're just garbage. Also most dragonborn players don't actually understand what a dragonborn is.

Sure, if you wana cover your ears and keep echo-chambering yourself. The user literally gave reasons beyond "furshit", retard.

Weren't they an empire of militant ultranationalists that fell during a war with the guys who would become the tiefling race, and had a lot of their "draconic uber alles" pride broken as a result?

I don't think I uderstand it, either. I think people dislike the fact that it's tied to dragons more than anything. Everytime I see a post about Lizardfolk, people seem to be totally okay with it, but then everyone lumps dragonborn in with tieflings and drow. I just really never got it, especially since dragonborn can have totally non-edgy or evil backgrounds.