Critical Role general

Do you think Matt will bring back Tiberius as a wraith to help Vecna in the final fight?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/criticalrole/comments/6q59bj/spoilers_e106_taldorei_campaign_setting_ama/
twitter.com/GreenRoninPub/status/891086097148657665
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

0/10, but a serious answer: No, Orion made it clear in his explanation vid that he isn't on speaking terms with the gang. Matt isn't touching Tiberius again.

What exactly happened? I only watched like the first couple of episodes (And things seemed fine) but not being on speaking terms generally requires some major dick-holery.

The fact that people pretend to care about this shows just how barren this particular market is.

G&S and Crit Role won't talk about it, but during the last few episodes he was on Orion was slowly becoming That Guy, went off on some fans, and left. He recently put out an explanation vid that at the time he had been addicted to SOMETHING, it might have been cocaine I wasn't paying attention. Did I leave anything important out out?

I've been rewatching the earlier episodes and the guy was a total creep.
You can totally see him flubbing the dice from episode 1 onwards too. He'd roll them, then kinda nudge it and give the number. At some point around the episode where they meet Clarence the mindflayer you can see Matt give him the stink eye after a roll.
Someone analyzed the group's average die rolls at one point and he averaged 5 more than the rest of the party.

Then he started creeping on Keyleth's player, in one of the teen episodes he grabs her a couple of times after a good roll, she recoils, and Travis notices.

Then after the break he's totally quiet and avoiding looking at Travis. My theory is that they had a talk during the break.

Then Travis isn't there for an episode, he does it again, and a few episodes later he never shows up again.

He also supposedly going off at fans for using his character's likeness on t-shirts and such.

Oh. No. Imagine if we had kept Orion. And lost Keyleth. That would be terrible. Just terrible.

So instead of a clueless bitch with boobs we'd get a cheater bitch without boobs.

>boobs

Apparently Orion wanted to come back and be a guest occasionally but Toberius is very very dead. If he shows up, Vecna probably reanimated his body so he could be a useful pawn for conquest.

Better question is if he's going to show up in the comics or not

Orion is in a bad spot.
He admitting recently to, not only being a substance user, but also to be diagnosed with HIV.
He's trying to get his shit back together though, which is good, I guess.

cancer and HIV, what a fucking champ

He got diagnosed with them at the same time no less

Being Orion must be suffering

Oh, and he was robbed. Someone broke into his home.

Power gaming is cancer in what is clearly a story-focused group. He didn't fit properly in the group.

F

>HIV,Cancer,friends won't talk to you and on top of that you get robbed

Jesus Christ, Orion's life is just one big joke

Orion "I got the AIDS, now here's a Color Spray" Acaba

He's had a rough time, but that doesn't really excuse his behavior. He understandably took to hard drugs, and said himself that he treated his friends like garbage and that's why bridges are burned and no one speaks to him anymore. Beyond that, every time he tries to apologize, he still sneaks in passive aggressive comments about them instead of just apologizing and leaving it at that. If I were his former friend, I wouldn't talk to him either.

That on top of him going off on fans, blowing up about his former friends on social media and then deleting them shortly after, making sexual comments about Laura and Marisha in front of their respective SOs, his house got broken into because when he was on drugs he got involved with bad people, the list goes on. It's terrible he got diagnosed with cancer and HIV, but it's not a mystery why he burned a lot of bridges.

walk me through your logic

Yeah, I don't get it either. Even if you fucking hate the show, you've gotta admit it's convinced a lot of people to pick up D&D. You might hate the kind of players they are too, that's fine, but that's the opposite of barren. Twitch streams, like it or not, are getting a shitload of new people to jump into the hobby. My local game store is packed every night, and half of them are people that started playing because of some stream or another, and then convinced their friends to start playing, etcetc.

With any luck they will all die soon in various ways and the hobby will be rid of their cancer.

Matt threw some shade at him on Twitter once. A fan asked if any of his players fudged rolls and he said the only the player that did doesn't play with them anymore. He's deleted the tweet since

Yeah it was even worse because he had been feeling consistently under the weather, goes in and gets blood drawn.
>you have cancer. Also the blood tests came back positive for HIV

reddit.com/r/criticalrole/comments/6q59bj/spoilers_e106_taldorei_campaign_setting_ama/

Did anyone ask questions in the AMA on the campaign guide?

No but if I knew it was a thing I would have asked about Draconia

It's unwatchable garbage, but it fits an otherwise largely empty niche.

Tiberius is dead in game and Orion ain't coming back, or if that bridge somehow gets unburned, it wont be for a very long time...

>people still watch this shit show

Literally why?

Hasn't it been like a year?

Because people like the VAs and live vicariously through their games.

In all honesty why do people watch Critical Roll? The entire thing is like a shitty three-hour-long RoosterTeeth special, with 5 people laughing over each other and flaring out the mic. Then every time someone rolls a natural 20, the resulting ear rape is enough to give anyone a Pavlovian instinct to beat the living shit out of their players next time they roll a 20. The story is boring, Matt makes half his characters gay to pander to the pink-haired SJWs who can't find a real game because no one can tolerate them in real life, and his world is the most horrifically boring shit I have ever seen. It has no character, it's just generic kitchen sink shit. Oh and speaking of generic, the characters are the dumbest shit ever, too. The group is split into two kinds of players: screeching skinny roastie skanks, and the thick bearded bald bespectacled nu males that probably make up the other 50% of Critical Roll's audience. I was invited to a friend's house for board games once, and when I arrived they were playing Critical Roll on the widescreen. His fat wife was laughing at it, although to this day I cannot tell what the fuck she found so funny. Maybe a nat20? Those are always hilarious. Meanwhile my friend was changing his baby's diaper. Then we all sat down and watched about half an hour. About halfway through I gave up even pretending to pay attention, went to the bathroom and sat there combing my leg hair with my fingernails. Had more fun that I was having watching Critical Roll. Then we played Cards Against Humanity for half the night and they tried to serve me some microbrews, but I said no thanks.

Afterward, I watched some more clips from the show. The characters are the most faggoty comedy stereotypes imaginable, nothing has any consequence, the game may not be scripted but it sure as fuck is railroaded and panders to the audience, and you can hardly hear anything because these fucking niggerfaggots constantly talk over each other. Like, for fuck's sake, did any of you people go to goddamn kindergarten? Ever hear of waiting your turn to talk? But no, you self-centered narcissistic pieces of shit have to spit out your precious gold-plated fucking two cents every time you think of something. Reminds me of the ADHD retards I DM for every weekend. Faggots cannot shut up and have to all talk at once trying to be heard, and thus I hear none of them. You'd think professional voice actors would have a vague semblance of when to shut the fuck up, but apparently not. They just keep ramming it out there, and that combined with the shitty mics creates these sharp noises that would probably give an autistic kid a heart attack. Every time I hear them talk I just want to slit my own fucking throat, like if I ever decide to end it all, I will watch an episode of Critical Roll just to convince myself that no, life is not worth living anymore.

Kinda this.

5e isnt exactly rocket science. How can you be 15 sessions in and still have to pause for 10 minutes in your turn?

I'm glad it's introducing people to rhe hobby, but half the fans I meet priject their sjw attitudes into the setting so hard it hurts.

I stopped when the retarded dragonborn tried to telekeneticaly throw a dozen daggers.

I've only listened to two episodes so far, but coming from TAZ it's not quite as engaging. Does this get better later or does it stay about the same quality.

Anyone got a link to the updated campaign guide?
twitter.com/GreenRoninPub/status/891086097148657665

can you imagine what being orion is like
not only losing a big group of friends, but having to be on the outside looking in as all those former friends get to play dnd to tens of thousands of fans and make money while you stream random games to 100 people at best
on top of that you get cancer and hiv
the fact that he hasn't killed himself is truly amazing

Weirdly I got into 5e because of this show. It showed me that folks could have fun and screw around and actually have a good time playing the game.

After actually playing the game, I stopped watching. After a while i realized the characters would never die, that we kept getting more and more drama added to things like resurrections and the DM adding random shit to the game.

I keep trying to get into it again since I hate not knowing how a story is gonna end, but I usually end up watching random games on twitch or listening to podcasts.

the first arc is rather underwhelming, you can try skipping ahead to 24 where the second arc and arguably the best arc begins, or 28 when orion leaves for good, though you'll miss some backstory to what they're doing.

the nature of the long episodes can lead to lulls, and the show isn't always great, but when it's good, it's really good. i was usually engaged enough with the bigger picture, but it's not for everyone.

Thanks, sad to hear that Orion was a jerk, couldn't tell that from just the audio in the first two eps and he had a lot of fun moments. Low wis characters are my weakness I guess.

if you like low wisdom characters, get ready for keyleth who acts like she has 4 wisdom even though she has 22.
it was quite unfortunate that orion's story had to end the way it did, because he did have some good moments, but you'll see if you listen that he had main character syndrome and becomes a huge cunt. there's also the fact that he obviously cheated (like using 22 sorcery points during one fight) and fudged rolls enough that players and matt had to start checking his dice. the one nice thing about him leaving is that it immediately made the episodes without him seem that much better

>Reminds me of the ADHD retards I DM for every weekend. Faggots cannot shut up and have to all talk at once trying to be heard, and thus I hear none of them.

You sound like a cunt. Why do you do DM for them, why don't you tell them that's the case?

Same. I liked Tiberius during the first arc. He was a goof and he was entertaining when he decided to get serious but fuck his shopping spree

it just combines the map and the book into one pdf instead of having them as separate files, and cleans up some typos. If you have the old link you're fine

At least we can all agree that the reason Critical Role sucks is because they're playing casual Dungeons & Dragons and all issues would dissapear if they were playing [Insert Esoteric System Here]..

>In all honesty why do people watch Critical Roll?
I feel silly answering this pasta but I watch because watching married people like Laura and Travis have fun was my fetish since I saw my parents conceive my younger sister that one time.

Bump

>Matt runs Shadowrun
>It's a SJW utopia of the future

Have you read Complete Trog?

I'm actually kind of glad we have a Crit Role general, it's the only place on the internet you can shit on the show in peace. Don't get me wrong, I watch every episode, Sam and Travis are great, but there's just so much shit to complain about.

Not seen 106 yet, how ANGERY is Keyleth this episode?

She stayed out of the way most of this episode. At least the first half. It was pretty alright.

Thank fuck for that. She was nearly unbearable last episode.

keyleth/marisha absolutely ruin that show for me. probably wouldnt be that bad if that screeching autist wasnt there to flip shit over every little thing and fail miserably at roleplaying. she is the literal definition of the GMs gf

>keyleth/marisha absolutely ruin that show for me
It wouldn't be much better without her though, Liam's broody emo acting is insufferable too, Taliesin tries to hard to be cool and knowledgeable. No Keyleth would still be an improvement though

at least liam and talisman have a decent performance every now and then or are funny at times. ive literally never seen marashia talk or play and thought "im glad she is here" after

>Liam
>decent performance
I'd have to disagree there. In an earlier thread someone was absolutely right that his acting amounts to grabbing someone by the face, saying "I fucking love you, and you're better than me, and I need you, and I'm scared"

I was the one that said that, and I don't mind Liam in the ensemble scenes, but any serious one on one is fucking insufferable.
Regardless, anything is better than Keyleth, and I'd rather listen to 3 hours of edgy Vax than 30 minutes of low voice philosophical Keyleth.

>I was the one that said that
Thats a weird coincidence.
>I'd rather listen to 3 hours of edgy Vax than 30 minutes of low voice philosophical Keyleth.
I guess, but it's still close

I'm fiending every critical role thread because I still love it at the end of the day, there's just a lot of problems that I love bitching about

i stopped watching when they were fighting the krakken. the thordak arc was painfully long and boring and after that the story seemed so forced as if it was supposed to end. honestly aside from the vampire arc the whole show is pretty shit

>No sub campaign of Vex, Scanlan and Grog stealing, fucking, and drinking their way through the world.
Half of the players are good, at least.

We got that for a second with the slayer's take episodes, it was interesting how much they stacked those groups.
Matt put all the enjoyable characters in one group (which even Felicia Day didn't ruin for me) and then all the shit brooding edgy characters in another. I've watched most of Critical Role twice and I've never finished the Wil Wheaton slayer's take episodes because they're so unfun

I skipped the Slayers Take stuff purely because of the guests. I mean I know they're all LA voice actor SJWs, but I can usually forget about it, but Wheaton and Day are painful reminders

Felicia Day played an annoying character but it was intentionally annoying and worked with the dynamic of the group. Mary is the best guest to be on the show after Darin. You should give the first two episodes a go, the other set is just terrible. Wil Wheaton is edgy as fuck, Vax and Tiberius are grumpy as shit, and Will Friedle is a good guest with the entire cast but not with that edgy ass group.

I still can't believe they fucked up the Chroma Conclave arc. Their initial attack and the episode after were so fucking hype, and then the dragons did nothing for 40 episodes but get picked off one by one. The only good fight was the black dragon. All the "Oh the Dragons fly over whitestone but do jack shit" was boring as fuck, Voragul should've just started attacking, putting the players on the defensive, shit on their plan. The second Umbracyl was killed they should've been hunting down the cast full force. The Raishan interactions were lame, and the battles were just big piles of HP.
Why talk about the "race" for the vestiges if the only other competitor was the gun lady?

And what really pissed me off: Where were the dragons underlings? Why not have a squad of young dragons, and an adult or two that were being pushed around by the ancient ones as elite underlinfs? Have a bunch of lizardmen ambush the cast with a few young dragons.
Have a squad of young dragons to act as a rival to VM in the race for the vestiges. Try to lure them out by attacking the other cities, or make a statement that of they don't show up in x place thordak starts roasting peasants. Etc. Etc. The ideas write themselves!

On a scale of /pol/ to Neogaf, how red/blue-pilled is this series, anyway? Because I could've sworn I read an article praising the fact a few of the characters are "Queer."

Like, the strangest thing is this isn't me wanting to push some opinion or political statement, I'm curious because I enjoy watching people do things that make me roll my eyes.

It's bluepilled as fuck. Bluepilled all over. The campaign guide Matt Mercer wrote literally talks about how Emon is based on LA and had a history of human supremacy, and gentrification now threatens the immigrant cultures of the city.

they are all actors from california, what do you think?

But is it fun? Or just an autistic homosexual orgy of political statements and lame DM jokes?

Wait a second, is this the campaign where one of the female players started bitching at the DM for asking her what her dress looked like, and the DM just started nodding his head and agreeing with her like a puppy that got his nose smacked?

the latter usually

>Or just an autistic homosexual orgy of political statements and lame DM jokes?
They usually manage to keep their politics out of it, though there are some light references
As to whether or not it's fun, half the cast are just fucking cringe and annoying, but many of us here find it watchable.
>Wait a second, is this the campaign where
Not unless that was in an episode I didn't see.

Any other fa/tg/uys streaming their sessions?

My group has been doing it for about a month now and it's been pretty fun minus the occasionally technical difficulties fucking things up.

What's the current party look like?

The PCs? All about level 18, Bard, Gunslinger (DM homebrew Fighter subtype), Druid, Rogue/Paladin, Ranger/Rogue, Barbarian.

Isn't the Druid named Dankgrass?

No. Kelyeth.

The female players aren't the type to do that, Laura Bailey plays a rogue who tries to flirt her way out of bad situations and the elf druid is basically autistic. The other player is the dm's wife iirc.

That's from Acquisitions... Something, a tabletop campaign whose only claim to fame or even mild prominence is being the poster-child of a "progressive news" site.

>Wait a second, is this the campaign where one of the female players started bitching at the DM for asking her what her dress looked like, and the DM just started nodding his head and agreeing with her like a puppy that got his nose smacked?

Again, that was another campaign by another group.

>Taliesen tries to be cool and knowledgeable.

Look, love him or hate him without Taliesin or with Percy dead the group would've willingly TPK'd to Raishan as early as episode 70. He's playing pretend as a character that's more intelligent than he is with exaggerated flaws but the team obviously needs him.

>He's playing pretend as a character that's more intelligent than he is

I thought this was the case with most characters with over 16 Intelligence.

>mfw I've always wanted to be in a popular/broadcasted PF/5e campaign because I'm a desperate attention whore

Am I the only one who would rather have Tiberius over Keyleth?

>Veeky Forums will never start a stream using different systems and stories and some boardgames no one has ever heard of

Could be fun. Could be an autistic shitshow. Could be both.

Is anyone running or playing a Tal'Dorei campaign now that the book is out?

It's inevitable that my players will suggest using it when we start a new campaign. I'd probably use VM as the antagonists as they become corrupt with power or whatever bullshit. Keyleth with be the final boss and she'll end up killing herself mid fight because she doesn't know how her spells work

I knew it was over for Tiberius back in episode 27 when Grog mutters "oh I gonna fucking kill him" after like an hour of pure bs. Also the bit where he says "while she's saying this I get half a chub" was pure cringe. Glad he's out tbqh

Yes. As god awful as Keyleth is, at least she's ineffective. It's relatively rare her stupidity actually affects the plot or the rest of the party (Clasp, and Raishan obviously being examples of when her stupidity does affect things) mostly she'll just get herself killed, waste time on her turn arguing about spells she still hasn't learned, or being low-voice-wise for a few minutes. I'd rather that than main character syndrome, fucking cheating, and just generally being unbearable.
Obviously I'd rather neither of them were in the show, but if you're going to make me choose, I've had a taste of the show without Orion and it was significantly better, I think a show with Orion but no Marisha would still be unwatchable.

yes.

>In all honesty why do people watch Critical Roll?

It's like the radio plays of old.

No fucking way. I hated Orion and Tiberius's need to metagame and just drag the game on and on with preparations.

Still waiting for 106 to upload to their site, anyone know when it' supposed to go up?

Episodes aren't uploaded to their site until the Monday after they air.

They skipped a week because of SDCC, 106 was live on Thursday, so it won't be up on the site until tomorrow.

Thanks. Did you watch it live?

I did! It was a surprisingly chill episode this week, all things considered.