Connected to Conspiracies.host...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files:
>Vampire_Brackhaven_Proof.thread
>Wake_Up_Sheeple.aro
>Aurelius_Plane_Crash_Wasp_Spirits?_New_Evidence.news
>Lofwyr_Throne_Room_Manalines.sim

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 565 (32% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'You've got to help me, I found something big and they're comi-'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Da_Vinci_Code.BTL...

>Watch your back
>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever deal with a dragon

Tell me the Truth. Not the lies fed to you by the dragons. Not the propaganda of the corps. Not the layers on layers of bulldrek shoveled into your mind from everyone on high, trying to cover their misdeeds by burying you. Tell the Truth that you've found when you've shined a light in the darkest shadows.

What's your favorite drone /srg/?

Mine's the Doberman.

Rotodrones all the way

I've got a question on this for SR4, actually:

Is that one table in Arsenal really it for take-offs and landings?

Because according to that, a commlink-sized small-drone needs a 2 kilometer fucking landing strip if it isn't a flyer.

>The CIA is preparing to start a series of wars in North America to reform the United States, starting with the Confederacy.
>They have been funding a "cloning" program to create truly disposable soldiers and agents for said wars. After 5 increments, they may have found a sustainable and cost-effective method.
>Furthermore, they were behind the creation of an extremely dangerous nano-chemical weapon named Black Cross, designed to eat through most chemical protective gear. Despite the fact that it was created, nothing much else is known about it.
>Aztlan, Amazonia, and the UCAS are setting up the grounds for a proxy war in Cuba, all trying to gain the powerful island country as an ally.
>In a related note; Alamos 20K has members in the Cuban congress, and is actively trying to keep Cuba segregated.

That's what's happening in the campaign I'm running, anyways. I plan on doing a story time for it once it gets done.

>Tell the Truth that you've found when you've shined a light in the darkest shadows.
/pol/ is always right. ;)

>They have been funding a "cloning" program to create truly disposable soldiers and agents for said wars. After 5 increments, they may have found a sustainable and cost-effective method.

Like the Homegrown Warrior program?

>Tell me the Truth
The meat-like product used in the canteen on Meatloaf Surprise days is actually a top secret proprietary strain that is *only* available as meatloaf surprise. It tastes kinda like cheap imitation pork when unprocessed.

Sorry user, never played SR4. I'm in my first SR campaign now, and we're playing 5e.

Your advice is intriguing to me and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

>What's your favorite drone /srg/?
Direktionssekretar, followed closely by the Rotodrone. It's hard to beat the surveillance and fire support provided by a Rotodrone with a good sensor suite and a mounted sniper rifle, and five of his identical twins.

Bah, why clone when you can just chip folks for less than minimum wage and get completely loyal peopledrones?

I want to get into Shadowrun but dont know where to start. any help

Start by downloading the rulebook and reading it? If you got questions, we'd be happy to help.

Get 5e core book (see pastebin in first post). Ignore the splats for now.

It's horribly edited but you kinda just have to deal with it to learn the rules. Do you know anything about the game aside from it's name and setting stuff?

thanks, ill do that first
where can i find the stuff to play it?

What music do we listen to in the 6th world? Is it all 100% electro and club music all the time? In particular, does rock/classic rock still get made or at least listened to, or is having that on your commlink kind of like having a playlist of 20s ragtime today?

You only really need dice, pen, and paper to play shadowrun.

am i able to play with others? If i can, what type of experience will it be? thanks for the help goys

You're supposed to play it with others. It's a tabletop roleplaying game. In the end, the experience is really what you make of it.

Wait, you have no knowledge of RPGs at all? Take a step back and get that straightened out first. It's a rather niche hobby.

ok, where can i start?

There's a whole bunch of different tabletop games on youtube. Take a look at a series called High Rollers, it's beginner friendly.

itmeJP's RollPlay series is also a good place to start, a lot of the games start with the players having either never played the system in question, or being out-of-practice, so the GMs usually take the time to explain everything as they go along. RollPlay Mirrorshades is a campaign of 1st Edition Shadowrun, that might be a good start.

Keep in mind that many (most? all?) of these shows are only indicative of the activity. Any game you are in will probably have a different tone and style.

>RollPlay
>AbsolutelyDisgusting.jpg

From what I can tell in Shadowrun, so many genres have been created that you can quite literally find anything to listen to.

Best thing I can do for you is take two or three genres and just kind of put them together. That's how my table got Experimental Korean Funk-Jazz.

Personally, my character listens to revitalized Southern Rock and Groove Metal on his downtime, and practices rhythm guitar.

In my games, classical music is in vogue. Lots of other musical genres have begun to encoporate classical elements in their style (again)

I wouldn't be surprised if that was canon, considering that steampunk has been in and out of fashion for the past couple decades of the Sixth World. Balfe and Cowen, music hall folk songs, and glee quartets all have a place.

It's all over the place. Concrete Dreams and Shield Wall are two named rock bands, JetBlack is a Kurt Cobain sorta figure, Maria Mercurial is all over the place (and her one foray into country was so notable it got mentioned in Dunk's Will), orxploitation rap from artists like CrimeTime is also popular.

And I love Scott Joplin, thank you very much

Does a decker need cybercombat?

Hey no disrespect, I dig the jops too. It's just not something I expect to ever hear on radio or outside of niche clubs.

It's probably a good idea.

Here's the counter question: does an infiltrator need a weapon skill?

In 5e, Cybercombat is only used in Dataspiking, Brute Force, and Crash Program.

In games I've played, Hackers rarely end up using Cybercombat and it falls to the wayside in favor of Hacking. Unless they're building an Attack Hacker, I usually see most Hackers put only put a single point in Cybercombat with maybe a Data Spike specialization.

I would say maybe just Pistol skill.

Don't you need to use cybercombat for a few of the program's effects? Link locking isn't possible without a data spike right?

Personally all the most important battles at my table are set to ABBA

>When your Street Sam goes full berserk on the corp hit squad while Take A Chance On Me

That's true, some of the Programs are intended for Matrix combat. I rarely have Hackers engaging in true blue matrix combat. It's typically a "oh fuck better get out of here because I've fucked up a few hacking rolls in a row" rather than trying to duel the Spider in the matrix. But this is my table and my group of runners so your mileage may vary.

They really did a good job mirroring Astral combat.

Also pic related:
>CAPTCHA Level: Expert

Honestly better to just take out the spiders devices.

Depends on your definition of infiltrator.

Archery will let you use a Pistol Crossbow loaded with SNS Bolt with Static Shaft, which is nice and quiet and very shocky and the size of a heavy pistol.

But it really depends what you mean by Infiltrator here, since there could be relevant Melee or Unarmed stuff here or other things.

New player here, group is shaping up to be techie - spirit mage - infiltrator - me (leaning adept).
We're going to get wiped in a grenade, it's going to be fun.

>Does a decker need cybercombat?
Not really. If it's gotten to the point that you're using Cybercombat, you've probably failed at the decking stage of the run anyway.

With one exception - the silent running brute force hacker.

Ah yes, "the Submarine".

>Not a single changeling or shifter is on jackpoint to point out the bullshit of the ONLY TROGS EXPERIENCE RACISM thing in the nig primer
Jackpoint is tumblr: if your views don't match theirs you get shouted down by the echo chamber. Are we really all just Clockwork?

Considering the events of 2073-75, Orange Queen should be pointing out the racism against dragons and her suffering specifically.

If you read the material as in universe Tumblr tripe, does that make the complete nigger more bearable

No.

I rule that whats in vogue at the tme of the campaign start is something like The Protomen mixed with classical music.

What's good to pick up as adept/sammy to not be dead weight if things don't get loud?

Jackpoint is the reddit of Shadowrun, the cool kids hang out on the Denver Helix

Breaking and Entering Gear, as well as some Locksmith and Hardware skill can be handy to reduce the need for Hacking, or get you INTO the building so your Decker can get that sweet Direct Connection.

Flying Eyes are handy as hell for recon and legwork, and for scouting during runs.

You're going to have naturally high Agility (for attacking), Intuition (for initiative), and Reaction (for initiative) scores.

That means you're going to be really good at:
>Stealth (Agility)
>Movement (Agility)
>Perception (Intuition)
>Assensing (Intuition)
>Driving (Reaction)

So, being a ninja. Performing espionage. Being the getaway driver - or even a low-rent rigger with some spy drones.

That's what combat characters transition well into as secondary roles.

Denver Nexus. Helix is the European data haven.

Does improved reflexes stack with Jazz?

Improved Reflexes says that it doesn't stack with technological or magical improvements to initiative. I presume that by technological they just mean augs, so I'd imagine they stack. Check with your GM though.

>and the increase cannot be combined with other technological or magical increases to Initiative.
The common ruling is that drugs are their own category. You should, however, ask your GM to see what his ruling is.

>outed as tourist on an imaginary site

Has man ever sunk so low?

I'm not sure I'm reading addiction rules right.
"Every time a character uses an addictive substance during (11 - addiction rating) weeks in a row, he makes an addiction test. But every week clean ticks one off the addiction threshold, resetting in case of relapse".

Let's take alcohol as an example.
It has a 3 addiction rating and 2 addiction threshold.

11-3=8

That means that if a character chugs alcohol, even once, during the 8 weeks following a drink, he makes an addiction test, and if he fails it he moves up a rank? That can't be it.

I accept your challenge

Each week you go without using ticks the Threshold down by 1, and any use within the 8 weeks resets it back to the Threshold.

So if you do shots with your buddies on the first week and don't do any other drinking after week 6, on week 8 you don't have to make the test because the threshold is zero.

The addiction works poorly for "normal" drugs like smoking and drinking.

>Narration of shadowruns set to classical, hard rock, and heavy metal elements.

Fuck this gets me hard, but I also think Metallica's S&M album was their greatest.

...I wish more bands would collaborate with symphony orchestras.

If you don't go two weeks in a row without drinking, then there might be a chance eventually for you to become an alcoholic, if you roll poorly because you're weak of will and body, yes.

>finally got to read the new troll book
>excited since next character was gonna be a troll adept
>book is total schlock they doesn't touch on what I want or mention sytars or formali, since I wanted to make one of them in 5e with 5e rules
>they don't say shit, need to make more room for WE WUZ OPPRESSED AND SHEIT
i'm kinda annoyed

It's Satyr's and Fomori, you fucking nigger, and they're both statted out in Run Faster. Learn to read the fucking books you incompetent piece of shit.

Okay, the trog book is absolute trash, but this one's on you. Metavariants for all species are in Run Faster.

I wish the total nigger book had pictures of trog metavariants so I could at least get an idea of what fomori look like. Instead I get a picture of Humanis or some other policlub making a heavily pregnant ork get a late abortion.

>does an infiltrator need a weapon skill?
Does he want to be able to go to the bar without fucking dying?

Are you familiar with the symphonic metal subgenre?

Yeah, but being mostly indy groups, they can't really pull off the full syphony orchestra.

I think he means he wanted more fluff about them.

Well he can go to hell. It's a book about tusk wires and oppression, not fluff.

>I'm a big retarded fucking kike and I'm far too stupid to ever use google, use the existing books, or put in even basic effort! Please, CGL, shit in my mouth more!

Even this very to-the-point explanation has too many negatives for me to get without reading more than once.

What exactly is outside of the city's in SR? I know some areas are inhospitable for varying reasons (Manastorms, Angsty spirits who think they own the place, toxic wastelands, etcetera) But that can't be true for everywhere? Surely their must be at least a couple places in the world where farms still exist?

You listened to the orchestral version of Space 1992: Rise of the Chaos Wizards?

>I presume that by technological they just mean augs
Run Faster clarifies the three types of augmentation bonuses into tech, chem, and magic.

Naturally, it depends on where you go. Most cities are surrounded by suburban sprawl on every side. Once you get past those you may see a lot of different things. Of course every city has a Barrens, though most people only think of the Seattle ghetto. There are also long stretches of nothing, especially when you start getting into the mountains or the midwest. A lot of it is just farmland (which is mostly owned/operated/defended by some corp). Otherwise you get a lot of hole-in-the-wall towns and villages. Most of these kinds of places are settled by squatters and gangers looking for a little land to call their own. Chances are its shit land if they haven't been chased off it yet. But after a dozen apocalypses that happened in the sixty-ish years between today and 5e's current time, there is a lot of no-man's land that never really recovered or was never entirely reclaimed by a government or a megacorp. That isn't to say that every place doesn't belong to somebody on paper, but there are a lot of places that never returned to their early 21st century glory.

Another Gloryhammer fan!

GH is the kind of metal I can see being really popular in SR.

Thank you.

A high-tier housing and agriculture AA based in Arabia, with footholds in Oakland and CalFree, is silently planning and preparing to launch bioattacks against Aztlan to exploit the unspoken genetic weaknesses and homogeneity of their crops with plague, and then step in to save all the people affected by the resulting famine, stealing Aztlan's place within the Big Ten.

They've been hiring runners to steal seed shipments for experimentation, and they've been stockpiling food and establishing public gardens and true arcologies with their own crop strains. They recently purchased the old defunct Aztech Arcology Pyramid in downtown San Francisco, and they're using it to triple down on local agricultural production.

They're going to paint their world green.

>book all about orcs and trolls
>can't spare a page to talk about metavariants

If not here, where? RF has such little content

Anyone know where I could get a scan of those so-called "Sixth World Tarot" cards or whatever the drek they're callin' em? Got a friend of a friend, has a really nasty slitch doggin' his tail. Guy wants to settle down with his ladies, pop some sprogs, but with this whore hangin' around... well he's too damn afraid to have kids. Which is saying something because this fucker has literally ate lightning and crapped thunder.

Anyway, heard tell one of those cards, if legit, could give him the drop on the pain in the ass, let him excise her for good. Need to get eyes on them to give him a hint for what to start lookin' for though.

There's some genres listed in a SR4 book, I think Vice? I remember Orkabilly, voodoo blues, astral rock, trog rock, and some sort of traditional chinese music made with synths.

Whats a good spell list for a Face Mage, one that will probably definately be shoved into combat a little?

Do you happen to have a source on that image?

Nevermind, google actually came through for once.

The book is 90% fluff, and mostly useless shite at that.

Vice is the criminal groups book, you're probably thinking Attitude.

Stunball.

Listen pal, if you don't like Netcat's preaching then you can just go find another RPG.

So, question anons: What would you say if a player wanted to play a Planar Mage who visited the Metaplane of Ships, made a deal to become the Admiral, and promptly started summoning Kancolle-style boatslut Vehicle Spirits?

Looking for suggestions for a whole list omae

It's not a terrible idea.

How is that not an awful idea user?

It lacks a great deal of the flexibility that allows other mages to be a pain in the ass, and you can still crack down on abuse of spirits by removing their hardened armor.

Okay but do you want to play a game with this obvious of a magical realm?

It's not as fun as it sounds

Simple, don't let him fuck the spirits.

It helps when it's my magical realm too.

Alter Memory
Chaff
Compel Truth
Demolish [Gun] / Hot Potato
Fashion
Influence
Invisibility
Makeover
Mana Static
Opium Den
Sterilise
Spatial Sense, Extended