Want to run a Mad Max-style post-apocalyptic game with an emphasis on vehicles. What system is best for this?

Want to run a Mad Max-style post-apocalyptic game with an emphasis on vehicles. What system is best for this?

Features I'm interested in:
-Locational damage
-Lots of customization options

I like my systems with a little bit of crunch but I'll compromise in either direction.

don't answer GURPS

Probably Atomic Highway. It has far less options than GURPS, but it sits at a solid second place.

Autoduel RPG

>Gorkamorka
>everyone is digga
FINAL DESTINATINO

I know Apocalypse World 2ed has stuff for it but is too light for what you asked when it comes to actual mechanics

Gorkamorka has a ton of fairly in depth vehicle movement and interaction rules

Seconding. My favorite for post apocalypse. It's rather light tho.

Pic related

Apocalypse World 2 added a bunch of vehicle combat moves, though it's heavy on fiction: customisation options are things like "heavy" and "aggressive" and "gas-guzzling", which have no mechanical effects but players and DM are expected to apply them when appropriate; and locational damage is, "he shot your tires out, you can't drive for shit, you're losing control. What do you do?"

So I guess it has both of those things in the sense that nothing prevents the MC from applying location damage effects, but there's no explicit rulings for it either. No -2 to Control for a bullet through the engine, just now your car's slowing down and you're in the desert and those other guys are getting awful close.

AW 2 is really good post-apocalypse though.

GURPS with supplements is best

I'm a big GURPSfag, but I'm not convinced GURPS is the best for this time up thing.

Gorkamorka.

I am looking for more of a comprehensive RPG rather than just a skirmish game. I would rather not have to do a bunch of homebrew, hence why GURPS is a bad suggestion.

Savage Worlds with the vehicle stuff from Deadlands: Hell on Earth Reloaded

Savage Worlds.

Seriously, SW may be a little on the Rules-lite/Wargamey side but it handles Vehicle combat better than any other RPG I have ever seen.

I'm jumping in the thread because I'm interested in running the same thing.

Important question: which of the suggested systems lets you harpoon an enemy gunner and reel them over to your truck to butcher for meat later?

Atomic Highway?

I really would not suggest playing Savage Worlds. It is a badly designed system with terrible meta-mechanics that encourage not only metagaming but ending session early, it also makes it near impossible for characters to fail at anything. The gun mechanic are broken, and literally do not make sense. The only thing it is good for is being a miniatures wargame, and it even sucks at most of that. Exploding dice make stupid shit happen constantly, the damage is way overkill for 90% of the threats allowing characters to one-shot massive creatures with tiny weapons. On the other end, characters literally cannot fail, because they have three bennies per session which allow them to reroll whatever the fuck they want (not damage rolls, to be fair, but still). And the GM is told he is a piece of shit if he doesn't hand out more bennies for "good roleplaying" (in other words, stupid nat20-lolz bullshit). Also the characters get to roll a wild die with their normal roll and take the wild die if it is higher, thus making them even less likely to fail at anything.

In short, the game is hot trash. Shotguns are objectively broken, despite one cuck who posts on here not understanding how expected value works. Three-round burst is also broken ass shit, it's way too powerful, despite being complete shit in real life. And the vehicle combat is trash, where you can literally by RAW get rammed by a vehicle then go 20 feet in the direction FROM which you were rammed. Stupid fucking game where you have to track wounds for a goddamn bicycle, the vehicle combat is shit, the chase system is such a joke it's not even funny, and the vehicles are bland as hell. There's also armor you can buy at start that negates a .50 cal shot. Fuck Savage Worlds.

Where have I seen this one before.

Agreed, Atomic Highway is pretty solid and designed specifically to emulate Mad Max.

Gorkamorka

Horizon - Redline is designed to be an unofficial mad max game

I don't know, Action has pretty good car chase rules.

Shadowrun

Carwars

that engine, its i don't even. Exhaust out top of the cylinder heads.
A cover above said exhaust to cover spark plugs and coils?.
I don't even. How hard is it for artist to just google "v8 engine" or wtf.

fuck off virt

Thirding CarWars, sounds just like what you're looking for OP

Failing that, Battletech

Road hogs or mutant year zero both have rules for this, though road hogs is contradictory and mutant year zero might be more light than you want