/bbg/ Blood Bowl General - BEAR with me Edition

Season 8 Veeky Forums Fumbbl League is underway.
Legendary Edition news.
Meme leagues underway.
bbtactics.com/
plasmoids.dk/bbowl/Bloodbowl.htm
1d4chan.org/wiki/Blood_Bowl

The rules that are being replaced on FUMBBL, the CRP (aka LRB6):
marmeladov.com/BB/LRB6.pdf

The new GW released 2016 edition books, including the Deathzones supplements: mega.nz/#F!uw4XiYxK!tboZyS7RM-rrPJ93nSAmSg

Stunty Leeg handbook:
fumbbl.com/files/Stunty_Leeg_Handbook_v1_0_1.pdf

Veeky Forums FUMBBL League group:
fumbbl.com/p/group&group=9828&op=view

Veeky Forums Stunty Leeg group:
fumbbl.com/p/group&group=10178&op=view

Veeky Forums Secret League group:
fumbbl.com/p/group&group=10393&op=view

Veeky Forums Monkey League group:
fumbbl.com/p/group?op=view&group=10667

Discord Server: discord.gg/3mpKZx2
FUMBBL IRC servers are dead. Go to the Discord instead.

Previous Thread:

yay blood bowl

Play yer games!

Hello, I'm a complete beginner who recently got Blood Bowl 2. Can I get some tips on chaos? My warriors keep getting injured and my minotaur never does anything, and when he decides to do anything he always rolls skulls. He already killed himself once. Wtf?

Play with Undead, orcs or dwarfs or something easier until you understand the game. Chaos is a rough team for beginners.

wait, there are bears now?

5th for goblin cheerleaders

Hello Fellow Chaos coach.

First don't use your Minotaur as line, use it as blitzer. So don't deploy it on the center of the field or he will sit there all game, use it to make a opening for your beastmen
Second, support your players, warriors have a great profile for go hand to hand with opponent but always use assistances, blood bowl is a game of risk management, so always try to swing the odds in your favour, so always try two die blocks
Also your beastmen are going to be your ball carriers and line, so use them and place the defence zones to redirect your opponent where you want
Never reroll a push, just attacker down and maybe a both down if is not critical to end your turn

Yes for whatever reason GW don't give permission to use Slans to Cyanide, so they make a Norsca team with the frog stats, so instead of a Kroxigor you get a Bear

>Yes for whatever reason GW don't give permission to use Slans to Cyanide, so they make a Norsca team with the frog stats, so instead of a Kroxigor you get a Bear

hahaha what the fuck

How would be a good way of getting into blood bowl?

Speaking as someone that mainly plays Chaos in BB2, it's going to be rough early on. Chaos starts terrible but once you reach high tv builds most players will just concede against you 2 turns into the match because the CPOMB (Claws, Pile On, Mighty Blow) combo makes injury/death so common that they'd rather concede than risk it.

Yeah it's wierd. Especially since we already have Lizardmen.

The vidya. The campaign is especially good at teaching you the game because each match is about teaching you a new mechanic, and by the end you'll know the ins and outs of playing the game (as humans, anyway)

I found over the years its best to set your mino up 1 space off the line but next to other guys so if they get hit and he follows it sets your mino up for a block.

I hate getting a wild animal and wasting my blitz. I would rather rely on blitzing with a beastman and getting another S4 hit in. double so once they skill up and get block.

Oh right, and one important thing i forgot to mention here You're going to lose, a lot. You Win/Loss ratio will be fucking abysmal for a long time until you have the right skills.

You are going to lose, it's true

But Chaos is so rewarding

I've seen lots of people obsessing over the special dice sets GW have re-released. They're nice enough I suppose, but I don't get the frenzy.

The best tip I could give for a beginner, is to just not play Chaos until you get a better understanding of the game. If you want to bash, go Orc, Undead, or maybe even Dwarf. (bear in mind most people find Dwarves really boring to play with or agaisnt)

Hello guys, TheSage here, when is the next season starting? I am interested in joining and broadcasting the games. For those who don't know me I am one of the best Blood Bowl coaches.

I won my first match since I bought the box in December, lads

Me either, I buy some GW dice on eBay because it was cheaper than the alternatives, but before that I use d6 with the blitz marks with pen

For anyone interested, this is how a Minotaur (or a 50x50 mm miniature looks on the BB bases and on 60mm base)

Nice maymay.

No offense, but this is some of the gayest shit I've seen.... fantasy football miniatures game?!
Seriously?
Whatever floats your boat I guess

Same

not so gay when I play fantasy football with your wife while you're at work

So Veeky Forums, the My Dugout new teams have been out for a while now. Tried them out in your local leagues / friendlies at all?

And here is a PDF of the four teams released so far being Human Nobility, Savage Orcs, Slayer Hold, and Pestilent Vermin.

I haven't play any but Nobility seems broken

Then go full broken. for TV 1000 you can have 2 Ogres, 4 Bodyguards and 5 linemen and no rerolls or apo for 990k. You will fail a lot but there will be blood.

Bump

That Skaven team looks fun if only for the four bombs you get with HMP. Who cares what the rest of the line up are if the other team has been reduced to ash by the second half.

> First ever TT game, my goblins vs skaven
> Score a touchdown and 2 casualties in the first turn
> 5 casualties and losing 4-1 by halftime

This game is amazing.

I thought the Slann team was a fan creation anyway? I'm guessing GW just didn't like the team, because its also not an option for the tabletop.

The Slann used in the BB team are based upon older fluff. Newer Slann are immobile fat toad mages so the BB team doesn't fit anymore.

Also, according to one of the developers of BB2016 they were going to make A Tzeentch team based on the Slann team rules, but then Cyanide showed off the Kislev team in legendary edition so they then said it was 'off-limits'.

Rolled 5 (1d6)

gfi

Someone give me a quick rundown on Sas

Can i get some tips on how to use AGI teams, please?

Playing BB2 in the default league and I'm finding it comes down to this:
Get marked up but make your dodges and GG
Or
Get marked, snake something early in the play then get fucked by injuries.

For the record, yes i do the safe plays first , minimise blocks on me and i make the dodges/blitzs first that are important while i have the RRs but im finding that i'm losing guys way too fast (AV8).

I assume i am making beginner mistakes but does anyone have some recommend resources on more ball focused teams?

Thanks

(Obligatory salty QQ bit here)
I end games where i've used my 2/3 RRs and they are still sitting on 2+ cause no dubskulls ect and even if i win (usually a draw cause i cant defend with less mans) i've still kinda loss cause of injuries and bashy teams get as much,if not more, SPP

Also forgot to mention,Typical cage situation, is it never worth chipping away at the corners or should i always go column defence?

if i should always just try and stall them does the kick really decide if i steal the ball from them on their drive?

he is a great coach, most likely better then you, if you want to have a clean shot at winning agaisnt him, your only chance is exploiting his weakness, he is greedy, give him the chance to screw himself over for a reward and he probably will.

Play a braindead bashy team that can always punch back and never has to dodge or worry about their amor breaking.

only give up 1 hit a turn, if you can get a 2d then block someone off you rather than dodge, 3+ with reroll is better than 2+ that's honestly pretty much it. if you can't really break cages then it can be good to mark the back squares of the cage and force it to stop or make them put 2 more players to finish it

He's a bad coach, most likely worse than you. Just watch as he rolls 1s and loses.

>Put tin hat
So, GW says that Mr. Chicken Team was "off-limit" are we going to get a Tzeentch?
I will be very Ok with that

Hey, i'm a new guy and i was wondering what version of Blood Bowl /bbg/ mostly plays on. Fumbbl, blood bowl 1 or 2 or something else? Thanks.

fumbbl

Is there an "official" Veeky Forums BB2 league ?
I want to play with friendly and nice people :^)
but seriously tho, is there ?

Nope, it died.

It's died a few times, it could come back, but it might not.

I would be interested. I'm a shitter though

There will probably be more interest in it when Legendary Edition hits in a couple months.

I had a tryout game of BloodBowl today, and i liked it a lot.

How should i get started with the game though? I don't want to spend a lot of money on it. I saw the Dwarven team box and I really like their looks! If I buy that (with dice) am I ok or do i need other stuff?

It depends. If you have a local league, normally a copy of the rules, team and dice should be enough.

The fundamental rules are near identical to LRB6 which you can get for free online. A pitch would be handy but if you got a group no need.

the dwarf box is perfect, besides that you need the rules and a pitch (we have pirated copies in OP) but you can make your own pitch so long as you know how to use a ruler and have some cardboard or mdf big enough

Mindlessly tackle your opponents, only go for a touchdown if you know it's 100% safe

Do this for roughly 6 matches or so

Now you got, block, claw and maybe "pile on" with at least 2 dudes

By this point people will concede against you every second match or so giving you MASSIVE spp (levels) to spend on claws and block.

Continue the tackling strategy but now you'll notice a lot more injuries happening on your opponent.

Get block on everyone, keep at least 4 "combat monsters" on your team at all times with another two or so "in reserve".

You just won the game.

Break peoples high level players and instantly win the match, keep fouling them when they fall down.

Easy game easy win.

Now people in the league/ladder know your name and you will get surrender victories all the time.

Every-now and then a GOOD chaos player will beat the shit out of you and injure YOUR guys; this is not a problem because it only mean your team rating is lower and will now face newbies with your remaining combat monsters.

Feels good man.

I'm thinking on build a chaos renegades team (formerly chaos pact), but damn is hard to find any trolls on a reasonable price, does anyone have any experience or have tried the new team (with the orc line), is it a good idea to make the team, what do I have to avoid (maybe Skaven?)

Pic related my orc line (now I just need some humans, a elf, skaven, ogre and a fucking troll)

GW troll

GW humans isn't bad to get all the renegades

>The new GW released 2016 edition books, including the Deathzones supplements

Is there a reason these have rules for Rotters and Renegades but not the standard Chaos Warriors/Beastmen lineup?

GW being GW I guess, because anyone else would release all teams and new options in the new DZ instead of release two books and counting, and put test teams on the webpage instead of buying from the app

Yes I know about teams of legends, but it is LRB6 basically, so isn't anything new

Or maybe because its the teams the studio uses to play, I think there was a video of Duncan transforming a putrid Knight as nurgle player

Reaper Bones Troll

GW troll and ogre are both pretty good, humans are fine too.

Team is the same as it has always been, orc is fine for getting bashed on scrimmage. Skaven is not really needed but can be a good safety. Elf is your main player, protect him.

How do I use the chaos minotaur?

Blitz players with assists for 3d block, get claw to make him a murdermachine.

Then watch his unreliable ass die in the next match because he doesn't have block.

What but much emphasis on

>watch his unreliable ass die in the next match

Guy is like a big bully. Can dish it out some, sometimes majorly. But commit him to a scrum and he can't take a punch.

Lost so many over my years in BB ;_;

I just won against nurgle TV 1080 with my fresh 1k necro, but it didn't feel like a win
One of my flesh golems have a - 1 AV now.
How do I cope with that loss feeling?

Nurgle always wins.

Thanks it looks very good, reaper should take better pictures of they miniatures, this one I think looks awful on their website, but actually looks good
So a fluffy build will be make the elf the owner and coach of the team I like it

This
Also if your turn depends exclusively on a blitz of a wild animal, you need to replant your strategy, always have a backup plan in case your Mino decide to scratch his back instead of doing something useful

I got my minoraur to lvl 5, with claw, tentacles, mb, all the good stuff.

He never, and i mean NEVER, managed to injure somone thanks to claw

Stupid question. How big is the Troll miniature (pic related) in inches? I'm going to try my hand at sculpting my own because I don't like the current one, and I'm having trouble with scale.

Side leagues when