MTG Unstable Spoilers

>set is a bunch of product integration
Wow, Wizards, I can't wait to bring my Bandai™ Transformers™ and Nerf™ gun to my FNM joke draft!

This is going to be lots of fun™!

Other urls found in this thread:

markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/163545537278/are-the-cards-reveals-as-the-hascon-promos-going
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The hell?

>Bandai™ Transformers™

The only time that's happened since the 80s were model kits and Revoltechs.

Stop being such a god damn idiot troll. These are
the promos at HASCON No fucking shit they have product integration. If you aren't a troll, please make sure you never breed, so that the world may be free of your family line's incredible stupidity.

>it's actually fucking Hasbro
No wonder the model kits seemed like such higher quality than the action figures.

>there is a Hasbro convention
>please make sure you never breed
I'll do you one better. I'm just going to kill myself since I don't want to be alive anymore.

>wahhh, two great tastes are briefly coming together for a promotional product! I cannot be excited or feel joy, I must shit on someone, and unleash an endless torrent of thick yet somehow runny scat, splattering everything in a fine coating of the most vile product ever, my opinions

Only sword of dungeons and dragons will be in unstable, none of the rest of them are.

Source: Maro

Complain about it if you want, I'm totally down with that card giving me an excuse to empty a nerf gun on a friend and his deck.

It took a Hasbro employee less than 5 minutes to come up with a bull shit guilt trip to justify shameless product placement.

I think you work on your product more than defending it! Now go to your shame corner.

Nea-
>have to take physical items with you
The fuck?
Which of my pony toys should I take to the store?

Tickets are something like 300 dollars to.

mfw horsefuckers get last laugh

These things are just fun joke things for collectors and fans. They are not going to be legal in any format outside of casual. The worst that is going to happen is some neckbeard will come to your lcs with a Grimlock edh.

It's actually nowhere near that bad. $60 for one-day, $165 for three-day, VIP is $642. It's pretty comparable to other, bigger, conventions.

By not having a card?

>642

They have their own ccg.

It even makes MtG references.

>It even makes MtG references.
that's actually interesting, can you point me to an example?

Only the Sword is going to make it into Unstable.

Pie Family Rock Farm is a Howling Mine reference.
Heart's Desire is a Black Lotus one.

nice, thanks!

The flavourtext used on the cards is also full of references to other stuff in general.

This is fucking hilarious.

>two great tastes
wat?

Giant converting dinosaur robots and cards?

>two great tastes
No, fuck off, crossovers are always cancer.

I disagree.

I see nobody has mentioned the silver borders yet. Veeky Forums really is bad at Magic.

Notice the horse's name as well.

>tfw disgusted by and excited about the Grimlock card at the same time

Sometimes it's hard being generation X.

>Giant converting dinosaur robots
You have to be at least 17 to visit this board

we all know it's silver bordered you pretentious retard

>Silver boredered cards have silver borders!
What does it mean?

I will honestly be kind of mad if we don't get something.
What I really want more then anything is a Hanazuki reference but I doubt that will happen.

Actually Sword of Dungeons and Dragons is apparently in Unstable.

Cards with silver borders aren't legal outside of casual games

They're all in Unstable

No, they aren't.

theyre literally not

>they finally make a sword of pussy and ass parody
>it isn't called sword of pussy and ass

Weak.

>He doesn't know that big names in any industry having their own convention is the norm
Conventions were a place to talk shop with competitors before they were a place for people in fursuits to leave dirty diapers everywhere.

The fuck are you talking about?

>being this mad about cards that are essentially Holiday Promos

Only the D&D reference one is in Unstable, and that's because it's also a Wizards property

Man, I know sword of dnd isn't going to really be legal anywhere but that's a dumb fun card. Seems like the kind of thing that could be run in actual decks without any real issue.

>on Veeky Forums, with MtG and 40k
Fuck off, Transformers are great

I know that. Im wondering why user was pointing out the obvious.

>Grimlock officially works with any double-faced card
Sword of D&D will be in Unstable. Nobody will let you play Nerf War. But Grimlock? Grimlock people will want for a commander. Even without...converting it.

markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/163545537278/are-the-cards-reveals-as-the-hascon-promos-going

You... you think a company is paying someone to come sway the opinions of people... on Veeky Forums? Do you just not get how irrelevant we are or what?

Go back to wherever you came from.

I guess this feeling of revulsion at the sight of a manchild playing with 'transforming' robot toys is the closest I'll get to what normies feel when they see me playing with trading cards huh.

>nerf war
>mfw I have one of these babies with a stretched spring, painted black and covered in purity seals
>mfw I have no face
One dart ought to fling the whole deck off the table.

Can't be modded

>i'm just talking out of my ass

Doesn't say that. It's the original spring and the original darts. Unless they errata'd it before it's even printed I'm completely in the clear.

No, MaRo actually said on his twitter that any unmodded gun was fine

Define modded. It's all the same parts.

Honestly, why even nitpick when I could just bring this monstrosity and wipe out an entire EDH group?

Probably. Either way just hope your opponent doesn't try to use this guy on the table.

This one I mean.

IT'S NOT A LITERAL THREE YOU DENSE MOTHERFUCKER. 1/3 IS A MATHEMATICAL EQUIVALENT TO 20/60. WHEN WE'RE TALKING ABOUT A MAGIC DECK WITH 20 LANDS, 20/60 IS LITERAL. 1/3 IS MERELY MATHEMATICAL SHORTHAND.

YOU DENSE FUCK.

>Only the D&D reference one is in Unstable, and that's because it's also a Wizards property

It's more that it doesn't say "Dungeons & Dragons" on it.

Wizards have always been careful to not include any D&D properties in MtG in case they ever ditch the property.

Literal pay-to-win

You got to admit. The sword of dungeon and dragons is pretty cool

You'd have to be some underaged edgelord to hate transformers.

>Veeky Forums full of underage edgelords?!

I-Im-Impossible!

So anyways, these are pretty fun little promotional products. Much more appealing than the usual fare you see at tradeshows.

>You'd have to be some underaged edgelord to hate transformers.
you mean "to love transformers", right?

>nobody pointing out the straight up Veeky Forums thread reference

>tfw no eberron set

Does anybody have the flipped face of Grimlock?

The swords of X and Y cycle are collectively known as swords of pussy and ass.

Gold dragons are a thing in normal D&D. You're just dumb

I have never once heard them called that. Are you sure it isn't just a local thing?
Besides, do you really want a sword that just makes cat tokens and donkey tokens and that's it? Because that's the only way they'd be able to even possibly get away with that name.

It's an 8/8 Dinosaur with Trample that can be flipped back to the Autobot side by converting a Transformer toy

>only 2 feet tall
>transforming a Decepticon for an Autobot card
Use the 3 foot tall Fortress Maximus or don't even bother

But Fort Max doesn't have his own breakfast cereal.

VIP includes the hookers, user.

You know what? For three mythics in a silly set, I don't mind. Requiring you to own a transformer for no reason is a bit stupid, but do I hate the idea of Grimlock being an MTGA card? Shit no, that sounds perfectly stupid for an un-set.
Sword of DnD I would take for an uncommon though, the two franchises already have hueg playerbase overlap and everybody already owns tonnes of d20s.

Demonstrably wrong.

>Pro Rogues and Clerics
>no Pro Wizards

REEEEEEEEEEEE

>>Veeky Forums full of underage edgelords?!
Well, right on queue

If it was protected from Wizards it'd be balanced.

I smiled. Well done.

Someone buy this man a beer

I chuckled heartily, well done sir.

>You know what? For three mythics in a silly set, I don't mind

A mythic. Only the sword is in Unstable, the others are just promos for HasCon; like the christmas cards they do every year.

MtG already has fucking marriage and childbirth as game mechanics. This is literally nothing.

How long until a brony card is spoiled

Explain

fuck off faggot

Transformers is the shit.

Hes talking about the cards Richard Garfield printed to propose and announce his child.

that's it? i expected some fucking brony card or alter arts for their other shows. there better be more, this shit aint worth it.

What do you expect from hascon exclusives?

There's more cards, see on the mockup box, there's a small box behind the cards and there's a leaked picture of the gold dragon token too.