Incorporating bits of Arabian fantasy in a Tradional European Dnd game

How would you go about it?

I'd go with the classics. Always end session on a cliffhanger. Never actually plan for ending the story.

What about actual elements, things like creatures , weapons, and Arabian people? I want the campaign to feel European, just elements of Arabian without it being out of place too much

There is a not!Middle East region near your not!Europe region. Because of their proximity elements of the two regions cultures bleed over into each other.

Niggers use scimitars. White people use straight blades.

Just fucking stick it in you dingus. It's not like this shit is acids and bases.

Just have a Southern kingdom be all Arabian Nights themed.
>boo hoo, strange cultures are always in the >the south. That's boring and lame, wah.

Then stick that shit wherever the fuck you want man, quit crying.

There are even over a dozen Arabian themed books from 2nd and 1st edition to draw inspiration from. Just go to the share thread and look for them.

Why so mad? Nigga literally just asked...

preemptive rage

The 4e game I'm in has a Persian-based nation as one of it's major nations. One of the PCs in the game is an Avenger who's travelling the world in order to make her name as a hero and join the ranks of the Immortals (As the fantasy interpretation of them is a bit more a band of great heroes than a homogeneous military unit). She's far, far from that place yet but working on it.

Something the GM has done that is really nice is not make the countries homogeneous groups themselves. Every nation has at least two separate groups/houses/noble families and the actions of them are not always the actions of the nation.

One of the big things right now is one of the not!Persian houses is invading some disputed land in order to take it for her own glory. Which is causing a lot of chaos, even if we have not directly encountered any of the armies.

There is already plenty of it in dnd, look at the magic items, you got flying carpets, rings that summon djinn etc, just throw in a bit more.

Look at Southern Spain.
Fuck the Basque and Cataloia. Fucking traitors

Arabian swords are not as curved as fantasy scimitars. They look similar to sabers. So you're saying Confederate cavalry officers were niggers, eh?

This post is so underrated that i

>traitors
>after we saved spain from franco
Eskual Herria, bitch.

Everyone with a cavalry use curved swords, you racist dipshit

No, but it's a stereotype in fantasy. In the middle ages most curved swords were used by persians, muslims/saracens, north africans, etc, while most europeans used straight swords. So curved blades became associated with non-europeans when we're talking about a medieval setting. Also, in lord of the rings the orcs and bad guys used curved swords while the whites/good guys used straight swords.

*blocks your path*

The Republicans deserved to win that war and you know it.

Just add salt.

What are ghouls and djinns?

a official "Arabian" campaign DnD setting back in the TSR day, the name of which eludes me.

Dnd already shows a lot of influences from pretty much everything in public domain and then some. You're ready have stuff like flying carpets magic rings and scimitars along with the elfs dinosaurs and odd laser guns.

Maybe look at the stuff that's a given in DnD distinctly European, and think of ways of making it seem more middle eastern if not remove entirely.

The classical paladin knight springs to mind

>the name of which eludes me.
Al-Qadim. It was considered a sub-portion of the Forgotten Realms.

bump

I do it all the time. Its easy.

>neighboring country, usually to the
south.
>Immigrants, bandits, traders, and other npcs speckled through the euro-esque land.
>Middle Eastern/Indian mix themes.

Its not too hard at all.

Look up Al Andalus, or Moorish Spain, as some have already suggested. 700 years of muslim influence in Spain, with fluctuating levels of control. Alhambra was built during this period and should give you a good feel for the look of islamic styles mingled with christian influences.

You have knights, warrior monks (almohadas), scholars, jewish doctors and whatever else you can imagine all coming together in one.