Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Moon Man Edition

>previous thread:

>Konor Campaign: Chaos comeback? edition
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>Check your local store's contribution
warhammer40000.com/fate-konor-galaxy-flames/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf(and epub), SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>novels here
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>Other megas
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA (no 8e stuff here)

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing Abaddon's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

?

why

Alright, lets get this out of the way

>>>>>SM CODEX SCANS PLZ

Hahaha what the fuck?

I wonder why they did this. Maybe GW actually cares about diversifying the different Chapters more again?

There is literally no explanation for this restriction other than spite.

GW wrecks them furries.

I can't be the only one that see's moonman here.

9th for Tzeentch

Gimme your 1k or 1.5k necron lists

Khorne worshipers confirmed

>Chapters best a close combat
>Give them the gimpiest weapons

Why?

Last time posting this: Anyone in the Albany NY/western MA area up for a 500pt game this weekend?

try reading edition

Witnessed.

Now watch this 7 for Nurgle counteract you.

Fuck yiffs.

They don't even have chainswords. Will the multi-part one come with them?

If they do, I'm going to be pissed my vanilla guys can't take chainswords.

maybe they get specific bonusses to Chainswords? like chainswords being actually better than Powerswords

Sorry user, close but no cigar. Maybe you'll get it next time.

>like chainswords being actually better than Powerswords

That would be OP considering how many chainswords you can spam. Imagine a horde army full of 13-14 point marines, all with super power swords.

>maybe they get specific bonusses to Chainswords?

Well they don't, and their codexes aren't on the horizon so what gives?

At least put in the effort user

It's almost exactly how Blood-Angel (death company) is supposed to be.

They still before they get close enough

>we dont provide rules for models we dont make
where is the logic

>gw logic
yeah..

still die*

>>gw logic
More like legal system logic. Blame chapterhouse

did you not just notice they provided rules for a primaris sarge with a chainsword who they dont make a model for?

and yet autocannon dreads are gone

>deathwatch can take primaris apohtecary
>deathwatch can't take regular apothecary
but y tho

P-Post your models, b-baka

Contemptor Dreadnoughts Lost almost half their Weapon Variety

Witnessed.
The Fateweaver knows all.

yeah so theres zero consistency, yet again

Intercessor sergeants with curse of the wulfen were just too damn strong in pre-testing.

>who they dont make a model for

You saw the Intercessor multi-part sprues already?

>and yet autocannon dreads are gone

No they're not. The fuck? It's like you have no idea how to play 8E.

Jobs a good'un boss

Nice Ork.
But I don't want too. Might ruin the thread more

>one additional power sword attack breacks the game
okay, and the Blood Angels?

So. Clarification needed.

Does, or does not, a single velocity tracker on a Crisis Suit unit leader provide the bonus to the rest of the squad?

That's... not what that case was about. Fuck it, lets just blame Chapterhouse for everything.

Is 10 Hellblasters with plasma incinerators worth it?

How do you even lose to a knight army this edition?
Unless you have a little kid army with like 10 models, there's practically no way to lose to them.
They're just as tough to AT as last edition, but cost 100 more points, have less damage potential,
and can be wounded by the rest of your infantry, instead of them being useless like in 7e.

Are all the people still complaining just running little kid armies instead of grown up armies?

hmm youre right, i havent seen the sprues actually
its just weird that they would include a chainsword in there and not let generic marines take it

dreads are gone from the codex, you know what i meant so dont be a baka

Why does he have a face like a fucking moon?

Hehehe. I can already hear the song.

So does this mean that Blood Angels, Furries, Dark Angels, ect. aren't getting their own dex?

I sure hope so.

Does not.

>You saw the Intercessor multi-part sprues already?

Funny that GW would put out rules for something that doesn't even have models announced. So far a bunch of Primarine models have gotten rules as they come out. But here we have a rule with no model for it.

They just want Chapterhouse to fuck them once again...

Anyone have the scans for the SM Stratagems?

Does this mean that running a centrepiece Knight in big games is no longer worth it over just a bunch of regular tanks and such? Dammit, I never got to use my Admech Knight last edition because I was magnetising him. Is the Knight Crusader worthwhile, even at like 600 points?

No. Their Codices were confirmed months ago by GW. At least one of them will be released in August.

unleash rage was just nuts.

>as they come out

No, multiple weeks before they come out. See: Reivers and HQs.

Because he's sicker than your average nigger killer.

I want to start mass converting eversor assassins but I need to get skull helmets for them, does anyone have suggestions on where to get them? I'm going to be making them out of dark eldar wyches and skitarii bits

Oh, I'm sure they will.

I for one am eagerly anticipating the Primaris Fallen.

>the result of chapterhouse isn't why GW no longer provides rules for things that don't have models
The fuck? What do you think chapterhouse was about user?

>you know what i meant so dont be a baka

THIS IS Veeky Forums YOU'LL NEVER STOP US FROM BEING BAKAS

The next four codex releases are Space Marines, CSM, Death Guard and Grey Knights. Probably not in that exact order.

Grey Knights is likely coming before DG.

>How do you even win when going first every game, getting first blood every game, and never giving up any kill points

youre bad

>Does this mean that running a centrepiece Knight in big games is no longer worth it over just a bunch of regular tanks and such?
Correct. They are trash now.
Lose to almost any army in the game.

>Is the Knight Crusader worthwhile, even at like 600 points?
Fuck no.
They can even be tar-pitted by non infantry in melee.
They're a joke unit.

Reiver rules came when the easy to build Reivers came out. Their rules got updated to include all the options when the multi-part kit came. Librarian and non-Gravis Captain rules came around when the models were announced, apothecary and chaplain rules came now that those models were announced.

I want to play Blood Angels but the combination of Robby G, Ultramarines chapter tactics, Ultras Warlord trait are just too fucking good.

I kind of want to hold out to see what BA get but I think we'll get screwed again.

Chapter House made models for units with no rules, thus GW couldn't make models for those units.

>eversore
>ass-sassin'

And the easy to build Intercessors have been out for months. Owned bitch

Valiant and handsome defenders of Konor: 1
Chaoscucks: 0

Easy game easy life

So then why did you say chapterhouse wasn't about that?

>>How do you even win when going first every game,

>being too stupid to deploy important units out of los

>>getting first blood every game,

Who cares? They do fuck all damage unless you're running a little kid army.

>>and never giving up any kill points
Doesn't matter when you table them turn 2-3
Also good luck ever holding a single objective.

God damn it.

Salty Black Templar player.

And now you know why GW doesn't make rules without models, moron.

Sonovabitch. Ah well, he'll still look cool when I've finished him, and it's not like Admech is seething with top-level units to replace him with.

I have a question regarding the Primaris in a Deathwatch army: as of right now, they technically don't enjoy the use of the special ammunitions rule of the DW, because bolt rifle and such are not mentioned among the weapons that can use special ammo.

Would you enforce this on your opponent, or let them use the Spec Ammo rule say, only on the Intercessor?

I still don't understand why BT are upset about being rolled into the SM codex.

Guaranteed updates, guaranteed rules.

>They do fuck all damage unless you're running a little kid army.
Nigger what? If you can't do damage with knights then you just suck

>good luck ever holding a single objective
>stand directly on top of an objective
>base size is larger than the range of the objective

Easy.

>Would you enforce this on your opponent

Yup.

Chapterhouse was about them making models for the spore pods with the GW name attached to it. GW never registered the name for themselves, but since they had written about them before, they could claim ownership of the term. In written medium. Chapterhouse made models and could thus could claim ownership of the name in miniature form.

This whole "doesn't make rules they don't make models for" isn't all true, since for several editions GW kept giving units and options with no models rules. Conversion beamers, vendettas, etc. lacked (GW) models, but had rules.

I saw somewhere CSM confirmed for Aug 22, and GK described as 'mere weeks away' by GW a week ago

>At least one of them will be released in August.
No they won't.

>They can even be tar-pitted

You can't tarpit Knights in 8E.

I'm thinking about magnetizing my Fire Warriors so I could use them both as FW and BT. Should I just magnetize arms and heads or maybe should I go full autist and magnetize backpacks too?

How many Quad Launchers is too many for an IW army?

>little kid army player detected
Meanwhile in grown up 40k, armies with more than 10 models rape them all day long.

>tar-pitting yourself
No wonder you think knights are good, fucking idiot.

>since for several editions GW kept giving units and options with no models rules

Until the Chapterhouse case. And now they don't.

Vendettas and Conversion Beamers have had models for many many years, FW is GW.

>And the easy to build Intercessors have been out for months.

Yet none of them have a chainsword armed sergeant, even though rules for one exists now.

Maybe you shouldn't blow your load so fast?

You can't tarpit ANYTHING in 8th edition unless you magically get enough movement and bodies to surround them.

>being this retarded
Go read the rules, brainlet.

>tar-pitting

You keep spamming this word in completely inappropriate contexts but I don't think you even know what it means. Considering that Fall Back is a thing now too.

>Meanwhile in grown up 40k, armies with more than 10 models rape them all day long.
Ok, so you just suck. Good to know, now git gud faggot.

is this user conducting anti knight psyops?
cant beat em so dissuade people from taking them?

>8e meta takes a strange turn

CSM are not confirmed for the 22nd and almost definitely won't be out that day.

you're playing Guard so your objective is to make your opponent fall asleep in your shooting phase or become so bored they die

So yes.

Because they wreck shit? Watch this! (It's what happens every game I play Knights)

>go first turn one because always less models, and shoot all his anti-armor off the field (not really hard desu)
He shoots back with now signifigantly weaker firepower, and puts down all (if any) deep strikers. Usually no melee ensues, and if it does nothing that kills me
>I fall back if in combat, sustaining at maximum MAYBE 6 wounds on one guy, then go through the same process of shooting/chopping his anti-armor off the field
His turn he's now lost a good deal- if not all- of his anti-armor, and is reduced to regular weapons fire and D1 stuff that has no real effect.
>my turn three I repeat the process finally, having killed any and all heavy weapons or melee threats, and start slicing up the rest of his objective grabbers (or at least ones pertinent to me)
He's fucked and tries to start playing objectives, but may have killed a knight, hell maybe even two! But he literally can't kill the other two, taking killpoints off the table.
>and that's it. I focus on 2-3 objectives and hoarde them while he's hopeless to stop me, and enjoy winning in every arena

A smart tactician can beat em, but even then it's tough. You can down 1-2 easily but will have lost everything with a punch by then, so 90% of armies lose pretty easily.

Remember, ability to wound != good at killing. 50 conscripts rapid-firing with the double shot command only does 3 damage.

I figured out my tactic listening to front line, effectively 'feed' them a knight or balance damage between them, but either way armies just can't muster more guns than I can kill.

Pretty easy desu

Knights are still good units, they don't make a very good army by themselves, mainly because none of the variants have enough rate of fire to tear through hordes effectively. But a knight can take a lot of punishement whilst being decent at killing big shit down to elite infantry.

RETURN TO THICC WHEN

It's amazing how many autists on this board miss the incredibly obvious jokes that don't even try to hide the fact that they are jokes right in their face. Is that what it's like to be autistic? To never be able to get a hint and embarass yourself constantly because of it? That's exactly what autism is like, isn't it.

>This whole "doesn't make rules they don't make models for" isn't all true, since for several editions GW kept giving units and options with no models rules. Conversion beamers, vendettas, etc. lacked (GW) models, but had rules.
Except those models did have rules, FW exists