Previous thread: Archives and other resources: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/ZFqjsCLE
youtube.com/watch?v=rI4gkaQDFYo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

There are litteraly no good cyoas that don't rely on waifus

stardust is okay, its waifus are forgettable

Black and White v1.0
Changelog (extremely minor, don't worry)
>general alignment and spacing
>general typos
>fixed white line export bug
>Secret Gift's description reflects the series starting with one grain instead of two
>image source/attribution pastebin
pastebin.com/ZFqjsCLE

Thank you to everyone who commented or made a build, I'm really happy this got a good response. Also, I should thank whichever anons originally even suggested making a chess-y CYOA with a grandmaster vs computer storyline and locations.

What does it take to have a good CYOA?

Does this count?

Why does this even exist?

>turns out that lesbians love being raped even more than straight women
I fixed it

Does angelanon still post here?

Why has Angel left us?

You weren't /u/ enough

She's the incest option, she is obviously best girl.

Tolkien's stuff didn't get hugely popular until the 1950s with normal people, with literary critics coming around slowly after. His impact on fantasy literature wasn't really felt until the mid-50s.

Because you couldn't give her strong dragon babies.

Doom
>its fukin doom. Combine science, magic, and 40 mil
Construction 2
Alien Tech 1
>Doom demands stylishly armored disciple and i always wanted to make things. Also that 30% discount.
Elemental 2 (specialized)
Summoning 2
>Elemental attacks and summon-able minions? Yes please! Thinking water as specialization or maybe plant. that counts fight? Fuck it. army of fae
Guns 2 (6m)
Shield generator 2 (16m)
Exo suit 2 (30m)
Explosives 1 (3m)
>total 55m - 30% = 38.5m Woo 1.5 mil left as investing money. Stylish doom approved suit for flight and ray attack which will suppliment elemental powers. Shield because pain sucks. Guns and Explosives = Armed Summons. What could go wrong with giving a dryad a minigun?

Do any of you have this one CYOA that was about surviving in a paranormal island?

Resolution for a CYOA? I'm just making five choices mostly because it's for practice.

Mentor: Adventurer

Major Powers
Lunar Magic
>Phoenix
A immortal flying mount? Sounds good to me.
>Loyal Thrall
A loyal immortal flying mount's even better, and since it'll be my biggest strength the extra power's welcome too.
>Contract of Pain
Well, now I'm immortal too, at the expense of my phoenix dying a bunch.
>Lichdom
Assuming age is an 'environmental hazard', this should keep me safe from that pesky issue.

Planetary Magic
>Gemini
One immortal wizard is good. Two is so much better.
>Tear Magic
Sounds useful to deal with those that inevitably cross me.
>Channel Entity
Extra phoenix power! I presume this is also made more powerful by my more powerful summon too.
>Shifting Eyes
Unfortunately I've got to get another planetary power, and this one seemed the most useful. Illusions are a pain.

Minor Powers:
Gaian Magic
>Arcane Seed
I might be immortal, but I can still get injured, and this may provide some more stamina.
>Skystone
A floating fortress to call my own? Count me in!

>Magical Locus
A floating fortress that increases my magic power? Count me in!
>Item Enchantment
Never go without phoenix power.
>Heal
For when I need to help out.

Taller than it is wide. Somewhere around 1200 wide.

You don't want to get any bigger that 1200 pixels wide. People have to scroll horizontally after that, and that's a huge peeve for some, especially phone users.

If you need space, go tall, not wide. For 5 choices, though, I don't think you'll have to worry too much about space

anything between 1200 and 1600 is fine

Is it supposed to be impossible to spend all your points if you choose Xavier or Sabertooth?

Because you're not a cute girl. Angel never cared for guys and you're one.

Having read at least some of both I think the style comparison makes sense. Both have these huge, pretty detailed worlds. Thematically they're obviously very different.

Here's an old CYOA to justify posting,

This is all a lie to lure you sheep in. That's when she shows her true self.

What would be a point of such lie? It doesn't lure anyone, quite the opposite. And what would be her true self anyway? Is it lewd? Should you make a lewd CYOA about it?

She can be a character in my upcoming lewd CYOA.

You know what I like about your cyoas, TokHaar?
Making builds with little to now lewd in the goals I seek to accomplish with them.
Is that weird?

Alright, time for DAMAGE CONTROL.
>Carla Reziti, Kliff Battlemage, 3rd Cylorean.
>Hunter's Mark, Intellect & Precision Main, Mind, Endurance and Clarity Tertiary.
>Battlemage Armor.
I'd rather be in Wizards' robes, but my assignment requires a bit more durability.
>Custom Shield-Catalyst/Wand Combo, >Custom Kite-Shield/Wand Combo.

>Divine Unlock
>Light Ward
>Arcane Unlock
>Spell Screen.
>Force Unlock
>Inertia
>Shadow Unlock
>Dark Shards

The amount of collateral damage that a careless battlemage can accrue over the course of their careers is astounding. Friendly fire, missed shots, unexpected reactions, reactions, and even frustrated venting all wind up costing us in resources, time, and effort.

I've made it my job to follow in the path of the most destructive, haphazard members of our orders and study their means, their spellcraft, and develop countermeasures to streamline their rampages into precision destruction of the detritus. Girthquake learned his Dark Shard/Quake amalgam method from someone else he says, so it's only fitting that I started with his effects to place wards and spell nullifications on Dark Shards and Inertial Projectiles in order to form point-defense shields and minimize the number of pointless concussions our forces take for siding with madmen and ham-fisted evokers.

>North Vernacular
>Temperate
>Plains, rolling hills, woodlands, rivers, lakes
>Cozy cabin
>Far outskirts
>Shiny marble, pale ring, fur mantle
>Pocket world
>Carpenter
>Fairy grove, blossom meadow, primeval forest, healing spring
>Christmas cake
>Wandering God, Nature Sprite
>>Soft blanket, Lonely monster

Will the God make it spooky? Sometimes. Will the sprite make it scary? Sometimes. Will it be comfy? Yes.

All your CYOAs are lewd.

>has one of the most iconic if not THE most iconic characters with the power that i want
>even has that character in a picture in the cyoa
>doesn't give you the option to get that power

welp

Huh. Been a while since I've seen that one.

>Movement
Wings
>Abdomen
Shell
>Misc
Pincers

>tfw flying killy Pill Bug

>Skills
Ranged Combat
Dew Magic (master)
Fungal Necromancy (Master)
Politics

I'll be a battlemage, using my dew magic to kill at a distance with water darts, supported by undead minions. Politics to negotiate, and the pincers are a potent back-up

>Items
Incense Lantern
Stag Beetle

>Companions
Tennos
Vizera
Dio Dio
Weeda
Zhay

I think this lot will make for a good adventuring company

>Quests
Arena Champion
Gang Attacks
Scarab Temple
Damsels In Distress
Dragon's Horde

No particular order, but this seem like fun

... Now I want a Hollow Knight CYOA

Rural Japan

Temperate

Rolling Hills
Volcano
Woodlands
Lakes
Islands

Cozy Cabin

Strange Place: Island

Shiny Marble
Soft Blanket
Pale Ring
Rusty Dagger
Fur Mantle
Ragged Doll
Sorrowful Mask

All Roads Lead

Hunter

Fairy Grove
Floating Islands
Blossom Meadow
Primeval Forest
Crystal Cavern
Healing Spring

Nostalgic Chief
Dapper Gentleman
Lonely Monster

Mystery Festival
Wandering God
Endless Abyss
Otherworldly Mist

Something spooky is going on here, and I bet it involves that strange creature that follows me in the woods. Perhaps I can communicate with it.

I joined the Faint runners, much as I'll be spending a lot of my time shadowing the Dust Knights; I can't quite keep up with them yet, but I can circle around to soft targets and high-risk assets on our side to ensure that nothing we care about gets smashed to bits with their passing.

>Caravan Guard.
I wasn't assigned to these people, and it looks like there's a small detachment from the Elementalist's guild here, but they were glad to have a hand in diverting debris from the impacts only a mile or so away. Need to talk to the windcaster over there; got some good ideas on off-setting dust clouds that might hamper our sight in quick order.

>Wind Unlock
>Zephyr
>Fling

>Excellence.
Yup. Making sure the crowd doesn't die from overzealous dumbasses who can't figure out how Not to blow everything up.

It's a wonder how the Detritus haven't figured out how to convince us to blow ourselves up some days.

>Spell Grab
>Spell Break
>Overload
>Redemption.

Maybe next year I'll get to participate instead of playing cleanup.

>Calamity.
I regret asking for a more offensive post now. We succeeded, but it was a near thing; Faint runners were the only ones who'd get there in time and we were seeing the field dropping as a combined effort shattered the crystals stabilizing the portal as it was forming.

Shutting down a Det-Gall was the highlight of my year though. I think it even tried to do a Dash and Blast and landed in my Spellbreaker Shard field. The others jumped on it after we all heard the damn thing's legs shatter on impact.

>Seismic Sense
>Deflect
>Immovable Object
>Mass
>Tilt

>Marvel CYOA
>DC pictures
You should probably fix that. some suggestions:

>Genius
Probably Amadeus Cho with the math stuff around his head
>Speed
Quicksilver
>Utility Belt
Taskmaster has pouches and tools.Or Moon Knight
>Ray Weaponry
I actually have nothing for this

Also Sentry doesn't get his power from nanomachines.

Can I choose the Maker version of Reed to change de degree of paragon?

>Defiant
OH LOOK AT ME I'M THE KNIGHTS OF DUST AND I DON'T GIVE A FUCK IF THE CITY WE'RE TRYING TO RETAKE IS IN ONE PIECE AFTER THE BATTLE NOPE WHO THE FUCK CARES ABOUT RECOVERY OF A MAJOR GODDAMN BASTION LET'S JUST BLOW EVERYTHING UP.

I MEAN WE WON AND IT'S GREAT BUT I HAVE SPENT THE LAST WEEK COVERING UP FOR THEIR FUCKUPS AND POOR PLANNING GODDAMNIT.

FUCK GENOCIDE, GIRTHQUAKE, SPACEMAN AND THE FUCKING LOT OF THEM.

>Lightning Unlock
>Energy Siphon
>Energy Focus
>Energy Barrier
>Mjolnir
>Frost Unlock
>Seeker Shards
>Wall of Ice

Digging - Shell - Pincers
>Good for self defense, making burrowed shelter, and unexpected pathways.
Melee - Stealth - Shielding - Growth magic -Politics (master)
>Ever so sneaky wait in freshly made burrow for foe then instant and devastating attack with growth magic.
>Become bug Creed. Also politics are useful, maybe made a town in a tree with burrowing.
Shock staff - Spider sense
>For more hitting power and ability to help avoid a counter ambush
Vizera - political connection and dew magic. Aslo wings
Undoo - beast master with healing salves useful
Granke - Fellow stealth/grow ambusher for heavy hit
Piddle - optimist with survival. Can fly and give ranged support with vizera
Byran - veteran to help add some discipline and skill to the lot. also political connections
Sky Terror - Ambush and skewer the winged beast!
Ant Infiltration - Political knowledge and byrans experience should make easy. Yay political favors.
Visitors - Political opportunity and potential early access to rare (read valuable) good trade.
Gang attacks - Chaos? What a wonderful motivator for the downtrodden to find new loyalties.

stretchy body?

>>Ray Weaponry
>I actually have nothing for this

Starlord has Element Guns.

I haven't participated in one of these threads in months and I'm looking for a cyoa in particular where it's cthulu mythos vs ancient god pantheon (Zeus, Odin, etc) and I was wondering if anyone itt had it

He's my favorite version of reed.

The prices are additive.
First rank plus second rank is 3 not 2 and the special ones are 2 + 3 for 5.

This one?

Definitely a good end to a build, made me laugh.

The only way this makes sense point-wise is if you need to purchase the first rank to unlock the second and the second costs 2 points.

That's exactly how it works.

Got over your tantrum so soon? Why not "troll" us all by leaving for good?

Inclination: Magic
Mentor: Johnny Blaze
>5 MP
>4 PP
>3 GP
>10 M

Magic Powers: Utility Magic Rank 2|-3 MP
Temporal Magic Rank 1|-2 MP

Physical Powers:Healing Factor Rank 1|-2 PP
Speed Rank 1|-1 PP
Durability Rank 1|-1 PP

Psychic Powers: Telekinesis Rank 2|-3 GP

Gear: Tier 1 Guns|-2 M
Tier 2 Explosives|-8 M

You've fallen far

I want an Elenah.

Mentor: Johny Blaze

Powers
L2 Genius (-2 General Points)
L2 Elemental Magic Generalist (-2 Magic)
L1 Utility Magic (-1 Magic)
L1 Summoning (-1 Magic)
L1 Time Magic (-1 Magic, -1 General)
L1 Durability, representing protection charms (-1 Physical)
L2 Agility-Focused Speed, representing passive time-charms (-2 Physical)
L1 Healing Factor. representing health-charms (-2 Physical)

LVL 1 Lair (-5M)
LVL 2 Utility Belt Filled w/ Reagents (-3 M)
LVL 1 Guns (-2M)

Hey look, I made a John Constantine type, but in Marvel

I don't think you understand how the points work. Level two actually costs you three, because you need to purchase both levels.

So, it was mainly as a joke last thread, but would people actually want a Waifu Emblem CYOA? If so, would it be wanted as an addition to this CYOA I made last year, or a stand-alone thing that isn't formatted the same way?
I'm not sure which idea I like more/less.

Yup.

>Mentor
Mantis

>Physical Powers 4
Speed 1 3
Durability 1 2
Healing Factor 1 0

>Psychic Powers 5
Telepathy 2 2
Telekinesis 1 1
Precognition 1 0

>General Powers 3
Self Replication 2 1
Psychic Resistance 1 0

>TOOLS! 10 Mil
Guns 1 8
Explosives 2 0

Bwa ha ha! I am now a group of psychic badasses.
My plan is the same as Pervy Super Powers. Patrol for low level crime, masturbate, supply info to the heavies, masturbate, occasionally get rid of problematic villain bases, masturbate.

I'd enjoy one. Why not make it stand-alone, but able to be used side-by-side with the CYOA? One covers your own character/game, while the other is about waifus. So long as they don't contradict one another then they could be both independent and compatible.

Quick OC

>would people actually want a Waifu Emblem CYOA?

Yes. I want someone to love.

youtube.com/watch?v=rI4gkaQDFYo

>None [11]
>Reward sub routine [9]
>Pleasure subroutine [8]
>Stewardship subroutine [7]
>R&D subroutine [6]
>Pod safety margin upgrade [4]
>Pod bodysculpt upgrade [0]

My plan is to simply trick people into getting into it by showing off the bodysculting function on my self and offering them the chance to give it a whirl. Because of the reprogramming type I used it might not even be immediately clear to them anything is amiss when they get out.

HOnestly he's better than angelanon. And SDA.

I wish Angieanon and Essdah would get married, have lots of kids, and leave us alone.

>Her Place
>Play Dangerously
>Secret Gift
>Partner: Pawn
>Rival: Queen
I'mma seduce the fuck out of that narrator, AND her secret identity. Hell, maybe I'll even remember what the horsey-pieces do this time.

Waifus are one of the cornerstones of Fire Emblem along with social links and dragons, so I'd definitely say it merits a standalone thing

Lure -1
Daze -1
None -0
Partial Reprogramming -3
All Refinement Subroutines - 5
Pod Safety Margin Upgrade -2
Enemy +1

Stuff the pod in my house somewhere. When the Lure attracts someone use Daze to lead them into the pod. After getting a few slaves & liquidizing any unneeded assets have my own base constructed and go all Lilith Device on the world.

Any news on Altering History DLC? Is it out already, in development, almost done, etc.

>Mentor
Taskmaster

>Powers
Strength, Rank 2
Speed (Agility), Rank 2
Durability, Rank 2
Healing Factor, Rank 2

>Gear
Nanomachines, Tier 1

Even though my mentor is 80% renengade, I'll be the nice hero of justice: PleaseDon'tMind ControlMeBecauseIHaveNoDefenseAgainstThat-Man!

I would don magical girl clothing with an ahegao mask while fighting crime.

If Magneto has a helm that nullifies telepathic powers over him, maybe I can get an ahegao mask that protects me from mind control eventually?
Fucking great CYOA.

>Kyson the Lich

>Minor Powers
Arcane Seed
Natural Armor
Geokinesis
Fog
Hex

>Major powers
Binding Chains
Slow Foes
Ghost Form
Lichdom
Raise Skeleton
Summon Wraith
Bone Dragon
Loyal Thrall (Bone Dragon)

best of the year, all years

include this girl

>There are litteraly no good cyoas that don't rely on waifus

And its buddy, the tournament results.

Meh, go with what your feelings tell you, I'd say.

>Procurement
None

>Enslavement
Full Reprogramming (8)

>Refinement
Pleasure (7)
R&D (6)
Falcon (5)
Watchdog (4)
Body Sculpt (0)
Pod Safety (-2)

>Drawbacks
Limited Use

First step, improve me. Maybe with R&D I can overcome the drawbacks. If not, oh well. I'm not greedy, I don't need a bunch of slaves to deal with

Has anyone got that alchemy CYOA?

>18 pages
I have bills to pay user, I don't have this kind of free time

It was making me autistic to work on, so I'm doing this pet CYOA as a break to bring down my obsession levels.

I'm proud of Altering History / World of Myth and Wonder, but it really is super, super detailed, which can make you crazy if you stare at it too long.

tl;dr: still an open browser tab that I am slowly working on, but not to be expected before the end of this weekend at the earliest.

Thanks for letting me know. Was just curious.

Architecture- Gothic
Climate-Temperate
World Border-All Roads
Geography-
Woodland, Beach, Lakes, Island, Caves
New Life-
Apartment, Town Center, Blacksmith or Archivist
Artifacts-
Rusty dagger, Pale Ring, Bronze Bracelet
Highlights-
Cloud Tower, Floating Islands, Crystal Cavern, Healing Springs
Village Guides-
Nostalgic Chief, dapper gent, lonely monster

drawback- Ruined Cathedral (+2 Guides)

Good for adventures and chill, cathedral's danger is easily avoided if not long past

Waifus and fire emblem are one in the same so it would be great to have one. if you do make it please put nowi in it

Spinrad

Mentor
>Batroc

Physical Powers
>Strength Rank 2
>Durability Rank 2

General
>Genius! Rank 2 I'd really like to have come up with something cool, but Genius!
is pretty much what I'd have picked anyway.

Gear
>Nanomachines T1
>Teleporter T2
>Lair T1

Like Bane meets Senator Armstrong in terms of fighting style/genius but without the wacky ideologies of either. Probably something like Captain Cold in terms of character; an anti-villain. Puts on airs of being hard hearted and selfish, but deep down he's got a code of honor and a heroic streak. Robbing banks or slightly shady mercenary work are one thing, but pretty much always switches to helping the good guys when something properly serious shows up. Probably ends up becoming a proper hero of some kind later on his characters life cycle and joins an actual hero group.

I wonder what the DC version of this would look like...

does this user has a name?

How was the progress on that Forest Home one looking last? I'm not sure if the thread I looked at last was the most recent or not.

Raven
Highborn (+10)

Elementalism 3 (10)
Magic Circles 3 (10)
Magical Enhancement 3 (10)
Thaumaturgy 3 (10)

Could use something to spend 1 magic point on.

Small Guns (10)
Magical Robes 3 (10)
Magical Supplies 3 (10)

I don't really see how you can get away with carrying around the rest of

this without having at least Illusion Magic 2.

All of the companions are cunts and I don't see why you'd pick them.

For missions, I Wouldn't Worry, I suppose. I don't have any companions and I'm not British enough to do the other allowed missions, I'd never be able to wash the tory out of my mouth.

That CYOA is so fucking unbalanced.

Not my department, senpai.

That user here, no, haven't been going via a name. Whats up?

Mentor - Adventurer

Gaian magic:
Hydo + Geokinesis
>Sculpt the world.
Rockswarm
>Stops arrows and hits in melee, good.
Arcane seed
>More power is good

Lunar magic:
Lichdom
>Not yet.
Loyal Thrall + Bind armor
>You expected fireball? To bad, spear to gut!
Raise skeleton
>Minions

Minor powers:
Skystone
>took from gaian with adventurer mentor Make floating islands.
Magical Locus
>Why leave when im stronger here
Item Enchantment
>Everyone needs a hobby
Summon Mount
>something to get me to floating island.
Egg
>Make Gryphon breeder a profession.

I call it Albrect von Lavis 'the Aloof.'

Idea is to eventually keep making a main floating island bigger and bigger over time and terraform it to suit whatever needs arise. Skeletal workers to farm and in general assist.
If the need to fight arises or just bored enough to seek one show up with a wall of Gryphon riding skeletons clad in magic equipment and surrounded by a tornado of stones. Assuming rock swarm can be added to armor as enchantment. Or bind armor for that matter. Maybe just makes a sword seek its target a bit better?