Warhammer 40.000 General /40kg/

Concise OP Edition
>previous thread:

>GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8e in pdf & epub, SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>novels here
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>Other megas
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA (no 8e stuff here)

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing Tzeentch's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=24SGa637s3k
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The Rock will rise again.

reposting SECRET DUNCAN Space Marine Heroes vid.

youtube.com/watch?v=24SGa637s3k

>download the new SM codex
>read the lore
>Imperium vs Chaos
>Imperium vs Chaos
>Imperium vs Chaos
>Imperium vs Chaos
>Imperium vs Chaos
>minor xenos mention
>Imperium vs Chaos
>Imperium vs Chaos
>Imperium vs Chaos
>Imperium vs Chaos

Justify this.

Our time is soon brother

wow it's almost as if Chaos is overrunning the galaxy and have multiple daemon primarchs manifested in the physical world and the current plot is the space marines beating them back a little bit

Is it really that bad? Upload the epub so we can have a look ourselves, brother-user.

>bought this baby last month
>haven't lost a single game with him to anyone

OP mothefucker

Nips are gonna make a fortune selling these on ebay.

>download the new SM codex

WHERE BITCH?

Would it be legal if I convert a named character to a Primaris to match the rest of my army? The only differences I see are for line infantry, and my coworker and I have been arguing this for like 2 days.

I hope you bought it from a recaster user

So, just got a box of Scions on the cheap from a friend of mine; How do I work them into a Ad Mech army? Deep strikers are nice, but I'm really not lacking in anti-armor or Plasma. What should I use them as?

>friend wants a rematch against my custodes ans SoS from yesterdays loss
>I decide ill use the same list
>he brings a gorkanaught full of nobs with a warboss and more truks full of boys
>I still almost table him

how can ork boys even compete?

If i put my sisters toddler on the table as my deployment

Would you let them fight?

Are you going to change his stats?

These things are ridiculously expensive. Works out to be the price of dark imperium for the entire set.

Load up on hotshot volley guns and deep strike in on unsuspecting infantry.

Gotcha; I love the idea of Hotshot volley guns coming in on some chumps and pumping them full of shots. Only sad I can't give all of them Volleygus.

We won't need to, this Codex was written before the 8th edition sales numbers came in and Guard and Tyranids shattered records.

Once GW puts out a few more Primarchs that underperform in sales and realize Horus Heresy was popular for different reasons than being lolmarines they'll tone back the marinewank to the usual levels.

I saw evidence that japs that professionally paint the anime figures paint warhammer in their spare time.

So what have you done to help chaos win the campaign?

today was my first real game trying to win (first couple were just to get the feel for 8th as i haven't played seriously since 3rd edition.

Mission: War of attrition
(turn 5 game ends. player with the most PL killed wins. aka kill units and score their PL (even if you're playing points you score with PL of the unit)

both armies were 2k points
IG army total PL 114
CSM army total PL 97

my army:

patrol detachment
Abbadon
Chaos sorceror (spells: warp time, Presicence, and smite)
csm squad (10 man with plasma gun and missle launcher)
havock squad 1 (5 man 4 las cannons)
Havock squad 2 (5 man 4 las cannons)
CSM Rhino

2nd patrol detachment
Typhus (smite, pleauge wind, miasma of pestilence)
Pleauge caster (smite, miasma of pestilence and Gift of Contagion)

Super Heavy Auxilary detachment
renegade knight (2 heavy stubbers 1 heavy flamer 1 rapid fire cannon, 1 avenging gattling cannon)

My opponent had:

pask in demolisher tank (sponsoon heavy plasma cannons)
2x FW russes with plasma cannon turret + sponsoon heavy plasma cannons
2 taurox (twin punisher cannon + hellguns) carrying 3 squads total of meltagun scyons (storm trooper guys i think) and 3 guys to give orders (one in one and 2 in the other)
Valkyrie (missles + multilaser) carrying: commisar Yarrik (the pussy), 2 units of scyons again (i think .. or storm troopers.. they had 4 plasma guns) chacter to give 2 orders
3 armored sentinels with heavy flamers
5 man unit of ogryn with shields

I put abbadon in a building with 4 floors (top got a dev squad 2nd floor got a dev squad 1st floor got abbadon + sorceror out of LOS but sorceror could see the 3 squads and the tactical squad.

rhino setup in an alley to the side of the building.
Knight setup in a ruined building (but had opening to the side large enough for him to get out.) pleauge zombies bubble wraped him and tyhpus/pleauge caster. 2 doors for all the troops to get out with.

1/3

As long as you don't change the stats, you're fine.

No, just upscale him a bit and base him on a Primaris model. It seemed like a fun idea, and multi-wound models are almost identical except for flavor.

Gabriel Angelos, for the record. Was going to beef up the Gravis captain and make not!Primaris not!Terminator armor. Still using a 40mm base.

>ridiculously expensive. Works out to be the price of dark imperium for the entire set
?
It is expensive but aren't them around 800 yens per marine?

>Not all was triumph and glory, however. The crusade came to many worlds that were beyond salvation. Where there was no hope, Guilliman sought instead to bring vengeance. There could be no saving the hive world of Bhundar from the bubonic taint that covered it, but once cauterised with cleansing fire, the warp disease spread no further. The Daemonic rituals held atop the mouldering ruins of the cardinal world Gloriphia was not just halted but annihilated, and there the daemonic ichor ran in rivers. Not all could be avenged, however. The initial combat drop into Secundus Terra suffered ambushes and catastrophic malfunctions, having been lured into a terrible trap by the Alpha Legion. Although it pained him to do so, Guilliman made the difficult decision to pull back, skirting the whole Primagenesis System, as he could not afford to become bogged down in a long war of attrition. The crusade’s journey later saw it encounter dozens of systems in which countless Imperial citizens were left in thrall to the Dark Powers. This was a bitter reality for Roboute Guilliman, and even if the Ultramarines Primarch was given to dwelling on the Imperium’s misfortunes, there would be no time to do so.

Why are the Alpha Legion too stronk?

>and make not!Primaris not!Terminator armor
Sounds retarded since we don't know what that armour will look like yet, if it is even ever a thing.

In the "other megas" section in the OP,
and
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
should switch places. The first link is the one with no 8e stuff (but is a great collection of older pdfs dating back to RT).

The hour of the Lion is near on the horizon.

PLAGUE.

it is spelled PLAGUE

Any good 3rd party SoS helmets?

I like the models. but not without helmets.

>pleauge

Badab War chapter tactics WHEN, Axe-Brothers?

How would YOU incorporate Custodes into a Dark Angels army?

Haven't gotten my hands on the new codex yet. Is it possible to activate two different stratagems at the same time? Like say, Hellfire Shells and Bolter Drill?

Like a Primaris wearing Terminator armor, just a bit rounded on the edges. Dude's also a chapter master, he could probably get his hands on all kinds of custom gear.

half naked in loincloths, doing poses inspired by No Homo: the Anime

Sure, as long as it isn't matched play.

IG went first ( i did not seize the initiative and i even blew a command point to re-roll)

valkyrie moved up dropped 8 plasma gun guys + yarrik + leader to give orders (re-roll 1's) overcharged plasmas ignored the zombies and blasted the knight titan .. the 2 plasma tanks with re-rolling ones also targeted the knight.. scored a total of 7 wounds after saves.

everything else pretty much ran . Valkryie fired at CSM dev squads killing the seargeant only.

my turn 1. zombies hit the streets. rhino moved up to try tie up one unit's overwatch fire.

cast presicence on dev squad #1
cast smite/pleauge wind on the 1st plasma unit.. 2nd plasma unit got smite 1 zombie unit got -1 to be hit.

killed total 1 unit of plasma guns and brought 2nd unit down to 2. Dev squad #1 destroyed lead taurox putting 6 meltagun guys out on the floor + leader to give them orders.2nd dev team worked over pask. bringing him down to 1 wound)

rhino failed charge zombies charged the one plasma and melta gun squads typhus multi charged the leader the squad and yarrik.

lost 1 zombie to overwatch. typhus brought yarrik down to 1 wound. and rest of the units were wiped out.

zombies on far flank managed to wipe out the scyons and tie up one of the 3 sentinels in melee.

knight finished off the taurox that the dev squad started on.

IG turn 2 yarrik pretty much said fuck this shit i'm out. backed out of combat leaving the one leader to die to typhus and friends. (got back in the valkryie and the valkryie took off to the far end of the table (infront of the lascannon execution squad.lost 2 zombies to the walker put a few wounds on the sentinel back.

2nd taurox managed to get on a flank hidden (1 building out of the picture to the left of the knight)

the 3 russes managed to score 2 more wounds on the knight (he had bad wound roll batch of dice) pask could not see the knight due to the wall in front of him.
ogryn advanced along with the 2 snetinels.

2/3

Make sure you secretly implant head bombs into them in case one of the deathwing accidentally mention a certain group of heretics in their presence.

Not gonna lie, almost expected Duncan to start speaking in fluent Japanese.

>Watashi wa Duncan-san

Yes you can, just field command squads.

>pleague
>scyons

kys desu famalam baka

Pretty sure FW said they aren't going to go back. Be happy we at least got the named characters rules.

>Pretty sure FW said they aren't going to go back
FAGGOTS

With dread klaws costing 30/15 for each subsequent klaw does that mean a stock dread's klaws cost 60 or 45 points?

You should watch the Sub of the show, the Dub just doesn't do it justice.

>hordes of 20 man chaos boyz

You'll scream but Gork won't answer.

Post pics of it. How many apoc games do you play in a month?

As someone who plays sharks, has plans for raptors, and loves the mantis warriors I concur.

>public education

link?

They'd join the Unforgiven. They'd fit right in.

ebin :Dd

BAY BLADE BAY BLADE

Hasn't the fluff always been like 90% human-centric outside of the Xenos codices?

Have them constantly leaning over the sweaty dark angels, with those judging eyes

Guardian Spear or SN'B on Shield-Captain?

WHY ISN'T HE HIGHLIGHTING ANYTHING? FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

neither, sheild captains get swordknife

I was more bothered by the golden purity seal

Oh, yes, that makes sense,

3/3
Melee ensued. typhus cleared out the last of the 2nd unit. zombies wiped out the scion unit and put more wounds on the sentinel

chaos turn 2.

cast maisma of pestilence on zombies. dev squad presience on dev squad. smite spam takes out pask (one bad roll on one of the 2 smites)

one sentinel killed 2nd crippled by fire from teh 2 dev squads ( bad dice rolls even with presience and re-rolls.)

ig turn 3. put more wounds on the knight. from 2 remaning tanks. the scion(hoever the fuck you spell it) finish the knight off with some high damage rolls.) no explosion. sentinel in melee is crippled. ogryn charge into 2nd zombie unit. valkrie goes hover mode yarrik and character get out.

few more zombies die get last wound on the sentinel to kill it .. no explosion.)

chaos turn 3. typhus + sorceror kill the 2nd taurox (finishing it in melee with smite spam softening it up. zombies still cllose enough to get t4. and mortal wounds on units from aura bonus. It took both havock squads to down the valkryie.

rhino moved up to shoot at yarrik rapidfire does notthing to him.

ig turn 4. yarrik charges the rhino (overwatch fails) character next to yarrik also charges the rhino.
ogryn hatefuck some zombies (down to 2 4 zombies in one squad) melta guns move to position to give typhus a new hot asshole. 1 of the plasma tanks + scions (hoever you spell it bring typhus down to 1 wound. and kills the sorceror.

they charge typhus and he reminds them that t5 is not easy to hurt. he proceeds to wipe out the 4 man unit.

chaos turn 4.

tac squad moves out of the building to get clsoer to yarrik (get some rapid fire in but not close enough. sorceror uses warptime to get more of them closer (making a string so the missle launcher doesn't move. Abbadon and sorceror also move up to shoot/smite spam.

cont.. so it's 3/4

No -san when you introduce yourself.

t. weeb
The sub was shitty. They even botched the "two thin coats" line to "apply a thin coat again". Sub>>>>sub for daily Duncan.

>t. weeb
Duncan DOES

Entire set (land raider box ) contain 24 marines (which mean 2 complete set).

*Dub>>>>sub

I'm a retard.

Give us a link you faggot.

(You)

I have a campaign game in a few hours that's 75PL using the Bunker Assault mission. Because its PL, it's WYSIWYG, and I only have 4 blasters and 4 lances, hence the divide. I think it also comes out to be like 1550ish points.

Thoughts? It's vs IG, and frankly I'm terrified.

>Vanguard

>HQ
Archon w/Blast Pistol and Huskblade
Succubus /wBlast Pistol and Glaive

>Troop
Kabalites x10 w/Phantom and Cannon

>Elites
Trueborn x5 w/Blaster x2 and Lance x2
Trueborn x5 w/Blaster x2 and Lance x2
Bloodbrides x10 w/Hydra x3, Blast Pistol, and Power sword

>Fast
Reavers x3w/Blaster, Grav, and Agonizer
Hellions x10 w/Stunclaw

>Flier
Voidraven w/Missiles and Lances

>Dedicated Transport
Raider w/Lance and Prow
Raider w/Lance and Prow
Raider w/Lance and Prow
Venom w/Cannons

for a second I thought you were talking of "Sisters of Battle". I sitting here going "The hell does he mean by a 'Toddler'?"

Rhino moves out of melee.
dev squads both annihalate 1 of the 2 plasma tanks. all the tac squad fire downs yarrik finally.
typhus finishes off the last squad of scions with smite during psychic + destroyer pistol ranged shot + melee.

net result end.

IG 29 points (knight + sorceror points

Chaos 38 points.

Chaos victory.

yes i suck at spelling. i'm rush typing this as it's fresh in my mind.. next time i'll take notes and more pics and run it through word for spellcheck. :p

Fucking zombies are baller with typhus. and that lascannon death star is baller.

i'm wondering what could be done with abbadon +2 squads of terminators usiing combis and a sorceror to get the alpha on someone teleporting in (warptime to get the terminators into melee turn 1 maybe.

Would it be considered extremely douchy to bring 90 boyz to a 1000 point tournament held this Sunday? I'm still pretty new and the only unit that I really have a shit ton of is boyz because I bought a friends old stash.

Bring 100+ grotz, then we'll talk

>shoot 24 splinter shots
>0 damage
>shoot Phantasm launcher
>kill a space Marine
>mfw

Doing a rescue mission. here's my list, using points even though its a narrative mission.

>HQ:
Longstrike, Railgun, smart missile system, 2 seeker missiles

Coldstar commander, missile pod, high yield burst cannon, target lock

>Troops:
9 x fire warriors and marker light
1 x devilfish with burst cannon and gun drones.

>Fast attack:
10 path finders, 3 rail rifles, 1 pulse accelerator drone

10 pathfinders grav inhibitor drone

piranha fusion blaster seeker missile

>Heavy support:
hammerhead with railgun, burst cannons.

>Fliers:
barracuda with ion cannon, 2 long barreled burst cannons and 2 missile pods

Points 1500
cp 6

thoughts?

>Bring 100+ grotz, then we'll talk
i want to bring 100 zombies. do i need help?

Alright, now that I've got the Codex in hand and have had a read through it, I'd like some advice on how to spend my last 101 points.

So far I have:

Captain 74 + Power Axe 5 + Combi Plasma 15 = 94
Devastators x 5 65 + Lascannon x 2 50 + Missile Launcher x 2 50 = 165
Devastators x 5 65 + Grav Cannon x 4 112 = 177
Razorback 65 + Twin Linked Heavy Bolter 17 + Storm Bolter 2 = 84
Venerable Dreadnought 90 + Assault Cannon 21 + Storm Bolter 2 + CCW 40 = 153
Techmarine 45 + Power Axe 5 + Servo Arms x 2 24 + Flamer 9 + Plasma Cutter 7 + Combi Plasma 15 = 105
Thunderfire Cannon 55
Techmarine Gunner 26 + Servo Arms x 2 24 + Flamer 9 + Plasma Cutter 7 = 66 (Thunderfire total = 121)

Obviously going for more pew pew than stab stab; I was originally just adding in some Servitors to round it up to 1000 and to put something in the line of fire of the enemy, but I would get a stock standard Whirlwind and double down on the artillery, which would also benefit from having a Tech nearby to patch it up while it absorbs shots for him and the captain. Is there anything else I could fit in with that limited points? Maybe an apothecary instead?

Knew someone that had some 100 cultists.

Do it. Do it for all the years of riptide wings, scatterbike spam, unkillable deathstars, make them suffer under the weight of all those gitz.

wow I'm sure it's beautifully painted and accompanying a fluffy army, not bare resin alongside shit-ass min squads of space marines that have been primed one color for three years.

Yncarne versus Guilliman who comes out on top math wise?

Eldar suck.

Gay eldar-human interracial sex does

Gorillaz

Guilliman no doubt
Yncarne is pretty tanky when surrounded by aeldari infantry, but no chance in a 1v1

>HQs
good, which one is warlord?
If coldstar, a shield generator is needed
Also a fireblade would be nice, chuck the PAC drone with him and have 3 shots at 18" from each strike team
>Troops
27 FW can be 4 squads of 5 and 1 squad of 7 for MSU and battleshock resistance
Also are they all strike teams?
If they are then devilfish is useless
>Fast attack
4 squads of pathfinders, 3 with 5 pathfinders and 1 with 2 with 3 Rail rifle + 2 PC/ML
Grav inhib drone is meh, add another PAC drone.
Piranha are only worth it for S5 shots so burst cannon and no upgrades, especially not seekers.
>Heavy Support
If you want that third seeker put in on hammerhead as it has better BS
Not taking drones or SMS on hammerheads is literally heresy and worth ending one's life, they're a downgrade that costs no points, never used burst cannons
>Aircraft
Always take cyclic ion blasters on it, burst cannons are shit now that they're 4 shots not 6

Decent list but MSU

>who comes out on top
Yvrainw

Hmm, I could also fit a minimium size Intercessor squad for 100 points; less pew pew, but gives me some more boots on the ground and a speed bump to put in the way of enemy assaults.

I mean do we know if Gulliman is into that shit?
maybe he likes being a top or maybe he's a bottom or even a switch, though I'd guess that Yncarne is a top, being an eldar and all unless eldar have a secret submissive side

long strike is warlord with fnp

yeah i might divy them up and yeah, all strike with pulse rifles.

yeah i'm already dropping the seeker missile.

don't have 2 pacs, only one and one., you're fight about the hammerhead though, burst cannons was because last game was victory points based on unit kills. but since this is rescue that shouldn't be a problem.

Also its the old barracuda so no options.

Overall i'll take some of your advice.

Guilliman comes out on top vs. virtually any model in the game right now.

Yeah sure Marcil - I mean Yvraine.

No wait, math does not agree with me.
Guilliman can do an average of 5 wounds to her, while she can do an average of 4.1 to him
But she can soulburst herself and attack twice, doing 8.2 wounds to him a turn.

>her
>she
>herself

Are Baneblade variants outside of the Shadowsword and Stormlord worth taking? Without something like the Marauder's Sky Fortress or even Grinding Advance it looks like my centerpiece model isn't going to move anywhere being BS 4+ before the penalty.

Did you count the potential extra mortal wounds he can do?

Question: Can a hellforged leviathan dreadnought take two grav-flux bombards? The rules seem weirdly written, especially in context with the loyalist one being able to take two.

"A hellforged leviathan may replace one siege claw and one melta gun with one of the following (both siege claw and melta gun must be exchanged for a single other option)"

Does that mean the sack of shit is stuck with one siege claw and melta gun, or can I roll with two grav flux bombards?