Warhammer 40k General 40kg

Bring your child to work day edition

>Konor Campaign: Chaos comeback? edition
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>Check your local store's contribution
warhammer40000.com/fate-konor-galaxy-flames/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf(and epub), SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>novels here
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>Other megas
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA (no 8e stuff here)

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing Abaddon's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

It's kind of sad how he actually went and bought base extenders to get to 32mm, and then Primaris came out.

Why would you ever buy base extenders?

Whats a better way to spend my last 100 points in a 1000 point list, a 5 man Intercessor Squad or a Whirlwind?

FOR THE SHADOW REALM!

Why does OP call it a Chaos Comeback? They still seem to be losing 30% to 70%, from looking at the site.

>t. 25mm manlet whose girlfriend gets bullied by the other girls at school

I would go with a whirlwind unless you are really light on infantry

>original non-legion RG upgrade kit
>black plasma coils
>GW terrain

Patrician taste.

Chadmarines don't have girlfriends in the first place

Chaos have made gains I guess?

>mfw people are keeping track of Konor campaign like a sports game

I-Is this what it feels like to be a normie?

Desperate denial is a thing.

desu after some testing I still prefer classic marines over chads.
No rhinos and no special weapons is a huge drawback.

the beakies look better than the primaris

I know man! And yeah given the reactions I've seen from this campaign and my experience with normies I'd say this is the feel.

Not really unless you beat loyalists/traitors with baseball bat and are an annoying drunk bitch every night.

Where can I subscribe to your blog?

60/40 actually.

thanks for the conversation

Beakies a best!

Wait are you genuinely still at school?
Kek, what a virgin

the intercessors have obsec

Ask your mom about it.

>I would go with a whirlwind unless you are really light on infantry

I am; two dev squads, a captain, a techmarine, a razorback, venerable dread and a thunderfire.

Whirlwind would be more dakka and would give my techs more to fix, but I really suspect my lack of warm bodies is going to hurt me.

Just wait till the Repulsor is out
Seems pretty OP so far

>he doesn't know the meme

kek what a newfag

Repulsors, Aggressors and Hellblasters.

the dadbodmarines have one thing going for them though that is generally underestimated: range. if it's footsloggers versus footsloggers, they're goign to double-tap first. however, if you bring tacticals properly in a rhino, as you should, that advantage falls away.

t. is too young to hold a conversation

Not to mention that all future things will be chad marines only not mantlet marines ?

warm bodies can be quite easily removed though. if the terrain you're playing on has more big LOS blockers, choose whirlwind. if you got plenty of craters and ruins, choose intercessors and get those cover save modifiers.

For regular squiggoths would converting other GW monsters count? Like an arachnok or that new orc dragon

landraiders, terminators and gravdevs.

>implying I dont lurk here all the god damn time
>implying epikmay mays are an excuses for stil being a high school virgin
HAHAHA YOU GUYS PROBABLY DONT EVEN HAVE GCSEs HAHA

Are Defilers good? I really like the weapons but they have both ws and bs 4+

Yeah, but he said no rhinos or special weapons, yet there they are.

Unless he's running nothing but Intercessors, he has them.

Would heavy plasma incinerators on hellblasters be good with a captain or other model that enables them to re-roll To Hit rolls, thus avoiding the unfortunate issue of blowing up when firing overcharged shots. Or should one just use the regular plasma incinerators?

How's this list looking for orkz?

>Forcefield for the two blobs of boyz and a weirdboy and waaaghbanner to support
>Bike Forcefield for the stormboyz and wagon full of meganobz and ghazzy racing up
>blitzabommer for elite infantry

Thoughts?

you're trying too hard, user

>knew about the meme
>asks if Anonymous is actually still a high schooler when referencing said meme

Sure thing bud. You """totally""" """""""knew"""""""".

I don't fink ya can fit dat many boyz completely unda da force field, boss.

sooo knowing the strategems relicts warlord traits and chapter tactics is anyone still convinved that Ultramarines arent the best chapter ?

Heavy incinerators with stalker captain, same range and the caps not just hustling dice

9inch bubble is massive mang, no more templates means you can pile em in as tight as you like.

[citation needed]

9" is a lot of room, and don't forget the boyz only need to have a tiny sliver of the base within 9", so long as EVERY boy has a sliver so you get some leeway with the outer boyz

noted, thanks user

agressors aren't tactical marines equivalents, they are tactical terminator equivalents. so you're making the wrong comparison. also aggressors is a misnomer, they should be properly named gunline defenders

Girlywind

nope, they got the best package. salamanders and ravenguard are kinda on equal footing though. it's not an auto-win against either of those chapters.

Anyone got that sweet 8e SM codex ePub?

Greetings my fellow Imperial Citizens.

I, as a dutiful human being of the Imperium, wish to read up on the history and lore of our glorious Empire, its God Emperor and the wars have fought and will forever fight.

Could somebody from this beautiful space here point me to a chronological list of Warhammer 40K novels?

Except the rule for the force field is that the ork unit has to be ENTIRELY within the 9"

Order from chinaman Z arrived. Will post pics later once I'm home from work.

Tartaros Terminators
Word Bearers Contemptor Dreadnought
Legion Primus Medicae
Imperial Space Marine
Space Marine Sergeant Telion
Steloc Aethon
MK II Space Marine Assault Squad
Warpsmith

>I, as a dutiful human being of the Imperium, wish to read up on the history and lore of our glorious Empire
say that around the inquisitor and you're toast my man

Here's the "order" for reading the HH novels, if it helps.

>it begins

>it also begins

New marines codex leaked yet?

No they aren't very good.

Entirely in this case is ambiguous, as it could mean entirely as in "every single model", especially since measurement is explained in the rulebook as being the closest point on the base to the closest point on the other base to measure between. It could also mean "the entire base of every single model" but they tend to use the word "wholly" when they mean that.

Something like that. Is 5 dudes enough or should I got for more?

This, anyone?

Are Intercessors worth it now that you can take 10 rather than 5?

20 S4 -1 AP 30inch shots sounds pretty tasty

>Don't you love my son? He's so tall!

what the fuck.

after a couple of months I came back to 40k related stuff again, and really what the fuck

>there you have primaris space marines. they are like space marines, but have 4 implants that, erhm, make them bigger and stronger!
>oh, and a fucking primarch, uh, healed up and is leading the imperium

I know we all wanted the lore to progress and you guys probably already said all that had to be said about this, but this is so fucking underwhelming to me

It's been leaked via video and photos for a while. No scans yet.

Yup agree on salamanders and ravenguard but the combinanation of all elements makes Ultras tad more powerfull. I especialy don't like ravenguard warlord trait :/

OH, I'm SORRY. Is a literal DEMI-GOD not good enough for you? Is COMING BACK TO LIFE FROM THE DEAD not good enough for you? Is making your superhuman angels of death even more super not GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU?!?!?!?!?!

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!?!?!?!

Is the gk start collecting confirmed?

Please do. Cheers.

I don't get it, do I have to charge or can I just come up to 1' of a unit i want to melee with?

Bigger character = better story
obviously

what would you have done user, I think its alright

It's ambiguous if you're an ass hat.

The force field in narrative is a dome around the mek boy. Just because you have your toe in the dome doesn't mean you get its benefits.

Sure, the FAQ likes to say "wholly", but that was also added in after the fact because ass hats who like to argue ambiguity say "well I'm WHITHIN my deployment zone, RIGHT???"- fuck you, you know damn well what they meant

I'm an ork player, but I just really dislike people who try to make these arguements of ambiguity

Well it would start with the lizard men not having BS 2+ with fucking rocks.

Literraly true tho.

Except the FAQ explicitly unambiguates it.

Q: Can you clarify what the difference is between ‘wholly within’
and ‘within’ for rules purposes?
A: If a rule says it affects units/models that are ‘wholly
within’ then it only applies if the entire unit/model is
within. If it just says ‘within’, however, then it applies so
long as any part of the unit/model is within.

Oh damn it Ishoyld say 15inch range

>not having a sugar daddy with RTB-01s

Worth with 5 worth with 10 - just different units desu

You can, but when it comes to the fight phase there's no guarantee that the unit that just waddled on up will fight first unless you manually select it.

And if you're in movement range to engage melee, why not just move a short distance and roll to get the charge benefits for the last bit?

You don't know what you are getting into. The "cannon" is really inconsistent and there is nothing like timeline (except for HH, as was pointed out already). For getting into the hellhole of W40K fluff, I would suggest Eisenhorn trilogy, Mechanicum trilogy or Gaunt's Ghosts.

only if your list lacks firepowers against footslogging infantry and your enemy doesnt spam high strength multi-wound attacks. for backfield holders, tacticals are still probably better due to the heavy weapon and for going forward duty, they have access to the rhino or assback

intercessors aren't inherently better or worse than tacticals, it all depends on overall list composition and your local meta.

I think what I really dislike is the introduction of these space marines 2.0.
It kinda ruins the idea of all the other 40k astartes for me, I don't really know how to explain it. They're not as symbolic as before.

On the other hand, I kinda excepted Guilliman to return so no big deal I guess. Me, I would like to witness the Lion's return too, but hey, babysteps

You can't do it in the movement phase, you have to either charge, pile in or consolidate.

I'd just say "bigger story". Doesn't necessarily make it "better." Or if we must go with better, replace "story" with "setting".

Quite frankly I'm not denying that primarchs aren't a driving force for 30k, but when you read some of the stuff, they just come across as autistic idiots. I think that's a big problem with larger than life characters, they're literally too big as anything other than set dressing. You can't have superman be the hero and guiding light of humanity, and at the same time have him living any sort of normal life without that reducing his grandeur, and if you do that, when how is he this big personality anymore?

>I especialy don't like ravenguard warlord trait
t. not playing regularly against tau

Except your 'narrative' argument about the force field being a dome kind of falls apart with the new rules anyway m8.

>27 boyz under the dome but 1 boy wanders out
>now none of the boyz count as being under the dome

You shouldn't try to make the rules make sense because they never will.

You can't. In the movement phase you are barred from coming within an inch. You can charge one or more units, then use your consolidate+pile in to get within 1" of a different enemy unit, or can do the same if charged. However, if you charged you can only attack the unit or units you charged, so this is just tying them up until the next round. For a combat to happen one unit must have charged another unit at some point, but other units may end up dragged into the fight without charging or being charged.

They're only good for being hard to kill, their damage per point is as bad as a basic tactical marine.

Anyone else so disappointed with all the removed options in the new Space Marine codex? Almost al the bike units gone, rifle-man dread gone, weapon options such as the conversion beamer for the techmarine gone. Sure we can still use them, but it feels like GW is hating upon the conversion side of the hobby. How should we complain to them?

That's not how that works.
If you have say, 5 boyz outside the shield, you roll 5 saves at a time, till all the ones outside are dead, and then you start using the force field rules for the rest of them

That's how you do it in practice. RAW, none of the models have the 5+ invul unless every member is within 9.

By posting frequently in all caps on Veeky Forums and reddit.

The chapter house case has forced their hand.

Its not about stopping conversions, but stopping other companies from making one.

Options that require conversions are a meme from the nineties

Where the fuck is my C:SM download link anons

>must be readed first
>readed

Chaos Gods:

Nurgle>Khorne>Slaanesh>Tzeentch